Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:19 PM
Default Team Dreamer or team Lothario?
Who do you think Cassandra should be with?
I, personally, am Team Dreamer.
(No, I don't like twilight with the whole "team" thing)
Anyways, what team are YOU on?
Give your reasons

the token lesbian
(currently wishing it was 2011 again)
please ignore my cringy username. just call me jorgel.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:42 PM
Team Lothario, here (< this was really hard to type out...as I loathe all things that make me think of Twilight).

I like Darren Dreamer, but have only paired he and Cassie up...once.

The reason she is always paired up with, Don, in my game, is because I like a good redemption story. At the start of their pre-set story, she has every reason to abandon the relationship. Don, is a cheater and seems to just lack interest in her. But, I've found that if you play things out just a little differently, he can become the sweetest, and most devoted mate for her. In my game, Cassie always gets a new lease on life (a makeover, quits her job and opens a business...so she has the opportunity to meet lots of other Sims, builds up her skills and gets a secondary aspiration like Popularity, Romance or Fortune...to spice things up and balance out her want of just focusing on family things).

It's actually quite nice how well these two do together...and how loving Don is to Cassandra, even without any prompting from me (I've always played the game with Free Will on).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:47 PM
Don is too hot for Cassandra, haha. So for her Team Dreamer, although Don is far more awesome.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:04 PM
Team Both. She marries Don, sees Darren on the side.
#5 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:05 PM
Team Dreamer all they way!

I love Cassandra, I always change the premades looks to how I want them, and if you give her a more mature hairstyle and sophisticated glasses she can be beautiful. Don can be a hottie too haha. But looks don't mean anything in my game, I mean Lucy Burb and Alexander Goth dated each other in college. Don and Cassandra would be miserable with each other. Cassandra and Darren make such a sweet couple, and their twins Thomas and Anne are so adorable. They work perfectly together and I just love them. Don and Nina are perfect for each other too. So with Don and Cassandra separated everyone is happy in my game, including me
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:21 PM
When given a choice between A and B, choose C. Or D.

As it happened, when I was using Pleasantview as a test hood she went for Darren because he was handy and Don screwed up before I'd played either one of them, on an outing of Mary Sue, Cassandra, Don, and Darren - he let Nina flirt with him, Cassandra went ballistic on him, Mary Sue (under my control) stirred the pot. But in a full playthrough I might not let her be so desperate as to take the handiest fellow.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:24 PM
Cassandra stayed single in my game. So Team Nobody.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:05 PM
Neither. She and Don broke up and Darren and Cassandra went their separate ways. I never saw them as truly in love, more of just a crush on Darren's part. I also hate conforming to the story line that Maxis laid out for me.

Instead, I had Don and Nina move in together as a very "modern" romance where they refuse to call each other their significant others or believe in fairy tales such as "love". Darren got over his crush and moved on with Dina who, being a widow like himself, and knew what it was to lose someone they loved; this in turn meant they were not competing with the dead for affections or trying to take the place of the deceased but instead start a new life together.

As for Cassandra, she ended up married to Timothy Riley, (after a horrific date with Vivian thanks to a series of unfortunate events) I rewrote his story so that he and Vivian were instead just very good friends who supported each other when it came to raising their kids, but had no interest in dating.
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:05 PM
In my last Pleasantview, she married Don, he cheated and she got angry at him but stayed with him. Darren Dreamer got together with Brandi Broke instead (they actually make a really good couple). This time I had her get married to Darren instead - she moved out of the Goth home and in with him and they now have a toddler son.

Personally though, I don't think either of them are a particularly good match for her. I think that Don is best off either staying single or marrying Nina, and I don't like how Darren has been secretly unrequitedly in love with her for ages, then she suddenly decides to leave Don and randomly falls in love with him too. It seems too unrealistic.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_az13_a
Darren Dreamer got together with Brandi Broke instead (they actually make a really good couple).

Yes! I love those two together as a couple! I think now I have an uberhood, Cassandra might run off to Strangetown with one of the Curious brothers.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:10 PM
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Yes! I love those two together as a couple! I think now I have an uberhood, Cassandra might run off to Strangetown with one of the Curious brothers.

Never before had I considered this!

I am totally seeing Big Bang Theory rewritten with the Curious Brothers and Cassie.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 4:21 PM
This is my second time playing Pleasantview. I played out the story so that Don left Cassandra at the altar both times. The first time was because I was still learning how to play the game. After Don left Cassandra, I had him get together with Nina Caliente. They lived separately at first, but still saw each other frequently. Eventually they moved in together, but they never married. Cassandra married Darren Dreamer. I played for a while, until I had to re-install everything on my computer due to a virus. When I re-started Pleasantview, I wanted to try to play out the stories similar to how I did the first time, so I put the same couples together. Although I'm not sure if I really like Darren and Cassandra together, I'm positive that I absolutely love Don and Nina together. For that reason, I don't know if I would ever put Don with Cassandra. If I ever re-start again I might try putting Cassandra with someone else or keep her single.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:12 PM
In my current Megahood, it was Team Lothario, although they didn't stay together long after producing their daughter Isabella.

A few years back I paired Cassandra with Pascal Curious, and it was amazing. Being Cassandra Curious suited her.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:33 PM
Eh... Neither. Don's hot and all, but he's a playboy and neither he or Cassandra would be happy in the marriage. Darren's the nice guy, but he has a teenage son, so I think he's too old for her. Also, I'm biased against Darren because he has the same name and looks just like a really terrible art professor I had. : D

I think in my first play through, Cass got left at the alter and then had feel-better woohoo with Darren and got pregnant. That's as far as it went. In my last Megahood, Darren married Tara Kat (they had 3 bolts!) and Cass was the wealthy single mother of Don's and maybe Darren's kids (she wanted 'em). She never rolled any marriage wants. Can't remember what Don did... Woohoo'd a lot, probably.

I know I should let my Sims do what they want when it comes to love and not what I think is best for them, but... I like Cass and I want her to be with a great guy who's equally as awesome as her.
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:41 PM
I like drama, so at the beginning Cassandra marries Don. However, other things start to occur -- Don's wandering eye starts to show, he and Dina (who has usually married Mortimer by now) are getting a bit too close and content with each other, Nina is dropping by a little too often, Kaylynn getting a little too cozy in a house she's meant to be cleaning...you get the picture.

Sometimes she divorces Don, and when she does she occasionally gets together with Darren. More often, though, she and Don stay in a loveless marriage (to keep up appearances), raising their children together but separately. I admittedly don't get beyond Don & Cass having child-aged children as more often that not I've done something else in the 'hood and go and restart.
Instructor
#17 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:27 PM
Cassandra is currently single in my game although she is pregnant with Nolan Baxter's child, which I think she did because she's desperate to be a mum. For me Don never suited with Cassandra and neither did Darren.

There is something about Cassandra I'm just not sure about and I think if she had stayed with Don she would have been unhappy, not because of whom Don was (notice past tense...he's totally faithfully to his now wife Dina) but because she's unhappy about something - some sort of issue (I've always struggled to understand Cassandra as a character in my games... there's something about her I just don't get or understand or like. There is nothing wrong with her, its just...I don't know...something). Darren was in a different place in life at the time so I don't think him chasing after a woman like Cassandra would have made him happy, I just don't think he was well suited for her to be honest.

Therefore, final Judgement:

Team Goth.

Cassandra needs to sort out what she wants before any guy comes into play. (Too bad its too late for her in my game but maybe she can be saved in other people's games )
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:38 PM
Team Whoever She Wants :-) I try my hardest to let my sims decide who they want to be with - and everything else about their lives, too - so if she wants to marry Don, fine. If she's more interested in Darren, that's fine too. If she prefers someone else, or nobody at all, that's fine by me! :-)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 9:41 PM
I never have been able to get her successfully married to Don, he always leaves her at the alter. She usually ends up with Darren in my game with two or three kids.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#20 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Simonut : 6th Apr 2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typo
I love Don Lothario he is one of my "Favorite" Sims. But No and then No in my game he is not with Cassandra Goth, I find Cassandra to be a somewhat sensitive and shy Sim. This is just my own opinion here, she do not need to be with a "Dog or Casanova" who is chasing after every Sims that wear a dress. Cassandra is a family Sims who want children ( We all know how Romance Sims feel about that, but I must say some Romance Sims can make good father. )

Darren Dreamer know what it is like to have a family with his son ( Dirk ) that he is already caring for, and he also was once married until he lost his wife with death. In my game Cassandra is married to Darren Dreamer they are an excellent couple together and have beautiful children. They are both Really good Sims Parents. What is Don Lothario during now since he is also married? Do a leopard ever change it's spots ? Don is still a dog running Casanova with his Sim pant down, his five words is "Who Is Next In Line."

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
#21 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 10:00 PM
Referring to Alijah's post, I think that's so cool how you made Dina and Darren a couple because they're widows. That's really sweet, and plus it keeps with the "D" family tradition. I was thinking of restarting pleasantview, and that might be the way to go!
I wonder if Cassandra and Don would make cute babies :P
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 11:00 PM
Team Dreamer because they make cute babies.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#23 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 12:42 AM
The first couple of times I played Pleasantview, she married Don, had some kids, then ended up with Darren. I don't see Don as a Sim who thinks there's anything wrong with what he's doing, so he won't change for Cassandra, or anyone else.

In my megahood, it's team Neither, so far. Don left Cassandra at the altar and Mortimer convinced her to move to Veronaville for a fresh start. Then Mortimer and Consort Capp conspired to pair up Cassandra and Kent Capp, because they don't approve of Darren and Bianca.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 2:13 AM
Wow reading everyone's take on the Pleasantview love triangles was interesting! When I first played Pleasantview, I had the Goth family and Roth family from I think Riverblossom Hills marry each other. For anyone who doesn't know, the Roths are a spoof of the Goths. So Cassandra married Xander after leaving Don and Alexander married Sandra.

Don ending up having a baby with Nina out of wedlock after marrying Dina and having 3 kids with her. Darren married Brandi Broke and had the most beautiful little girl who I named Lucille.

Since then my game got all messed up and I had to reinstall. Now I'm writing a Sim story with the same characters but everyone's second life is pretty different! So in conclusion, team Dreamer I guess!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 2:18 PM Last edited by medieval_simmer : 7th Apr 2013 at 2:30 PM.
I see Darren as a guy in his 40s who has had it with changing diapers, while I see Cassandra as very shy(I'd say even timid), naive young girl. I don't think Don is the man for her either because he refuses to stay committed to one woman and I don't think romantic Cassie would accept that.

So, I made sure Don left Cassandra at the altar and married Dina Caliente who got pregnant with his kid. He has just rolled a want to go on a date with Cassandra(somehow they are still BFFs and in love), but I don't think I'm gonna let him go because Cassandra is married to Malcolm Landgraab IV and being brought up in the Goths' traditional ways and a family sim, I don't think she'd ever cheat on her husband(even though she is unhappy with him and he is cheating on her already). I should probably mention that Cassie was pushed into marrying Malcolm by her father, who decided to take control of her love life, figuring that she alone couldn't after seeing her and Don's disastrous wedding.

And just so I don't forget to mention it, I gave Darren a chance too. He called Casie on an outing before she got married and I let her go. It turned he has only invited her to the outing. They had a romantic dinner and Darren even decided to hold Cassie's hands, but no she didn't respond in any way, even when I had her ask him about his wants and he said Kiss Cassandra. I figured she either didn't realise Darren was in love with her(highly unlikely) or just wasn't interested and ended it. Darren has married Brandi Broke but the still isn't over Cassie.
Page 1 of 4