Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:30 PM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 15th Mar 2013 at 8:37 PM. Reason: Updating
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Duh Silly me. I'll get to it shortly. I have AGS and actually the file I zipped is from any AGS game, it's just not BG only. I'll have a new download up for you fairly soon, tcbandie10.

Thank you so much! I was wondering why that was happening to me. I only have NL, OFB and Uni.

Thanks for fixing it! I was able to download the lot fine this time.
Advertisement
Helptato
#52 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:43 PM
Can you add stage foundations?

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#53 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 9:56 PM
Jones, I had a look and it says the lot was uploaded with the AL game engine which is why it's crashing some games-although you have probably discovered that by now.

No Sparklecookie, nothing structural.These places are meant to be awkward.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#54 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 12:23 AM
I've been lurking on MTS for ages so I decided it was about time I actually joined in with something

I hope the pictures are OK, I haven't really taken in game pictures before so I'm still getting the hang of it, took me forever to get the one of the bathroom!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 12:38 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 15th Mar 2013 at 1:05 AM. Reason: Replaced pic with the right one showing the planter after jo called me out ;)
Actually jo, stages are ok, AS YOU SHOULD KNOW In one and only one circumstance, as a "planter". Like in jo's fourth round entry from the Pleasantview cycle.

(It's a little hard to see it back in the corner by the pool, but there's an example of stage as a planter)

And welcome, RowenaObsidian! Your pics are good, except try to get rid of the grid lines
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#56 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 12:45 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Mar 2013 at 1:03 AM.
Lol Jones you are correct of course. (she even drags my old picture up ) I meant as an addition to make a foundation area larger.

...That picture isn't actually the one I used foundation on! It was out the back, those are small planters from the deco plant section-so there! Feels like saying “nah-nah!”

RowenaObsidian I love your master bedroom. Do you know where the wallpaper, rug (or overlay) and pictures came from?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 12:55 AM
Oh, you're right. I can fix it
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:16 AM
And look it's another blue and yellow house! I do have a better shot of the back if you want it.

~Call me Jo~
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#59 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:18 AM
RowenaObsidian, that is a lovely house! The atomic set recolors are fantastic, WCIF please? This is the first time I've ever seen that set actually usable. The living room is also particularly gorgeous - I'm in love with the rug and throw pillows.

jones, these houses actually seem to have decent layouts, once you get past the awful decorating. I'm almost considering giving up the medieval idea.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:45 AM
Yeah, Phae. They aren't too awful structurally. I had a hard time picking lots that weren't all pretty much the same floor plan though. Seems like there are only 2-3 basic floor plans in Veronaville (unless you go for the expensive houses).
Field Researcher
#61 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:49 AM Last edited by Evairance : 15th Mar 2013 at 4:44 AM.
I'm afraid I won't be able to join like I originally thought, as I'll have less time than I thought these next few weeks. But RowenaObsidian, WCIF the rug used in your living room? Very cool looking!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:51 AM
Apart from not having a backdoor, a silly little front porch and two doors into the bathrooms it's not a bad little place.

~Call me Jo~
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#63 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 5:08 AM
RowenaObsidian, thats a nice entry you have. Please WCIF that rug and multicolored wallpaper. I need those. Thats the 7th image under your spoiler tag.

Also I would suggest that you read TheDeadSim comment with regards to making those build lines invisible when taking your screen shots
Test Subject
#64 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 8:11 AM Last edited by whiterider : 15th Mar 2013 at 3:04 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4093780, 4093782, 4093784, 4093779
Could I join if I only have the base game? I really want to do this. Sounds fun

Okat thanks Please excuse for my other comment on the base page -.- I'm new to Modthesims and I don't know all of it yet.

ENOUGH RAMBLING!!! TIME TO GET THIS DONE!!! IT'S THE BLOCK SIMS VERSION! :D

Umm excuse me but, do the rounds mean we have to redo the house for each family? Like for example, Round 1 is the williams family? Round 2 is next fam etc. Sorry for my questions -.- I'm a slow learner

One more thing. I tried to download the lot and it said it needed expansion packs. I was freaking out becuz I'm doing this on my laptop and I can't have ep Okay, ENOUGH RAMBLING LILLY! GET TO IT
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#65 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 8:33 AM
Horrorsimmer12, you will get in trouble with the mods if you quadruple post, you need to use the edit post button.

Jones will give us a house and then we pick which family we think it suits the best.

Jones is making a base game lot for download.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#66 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:23 AM Last edited by whiterider : 15th Mar 2013 at 3:05 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4093808, 4093811, 4093812
My made-over house at 26 via Veronaville. This house is for my application to the contest
This house cost $52.817 and there is a screenshot of the front of the house. If I need to upload more pictures of my application house please reply to me The description from the contest said the house cost had to be under $60.000.

I'm sorry for my earlier comment but you have to download the screenshot If anyone could tell me how to post pictures so that they appear in the comment, please tell me.

Okay thanks Sorry. I didn't realise that the lot we needed for the application was actually in my game. But how do you post pictures in the comments?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Screenshot.rar (170.7 KB, 34 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#67 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:47 AM
@Horrorsimmer12
I highly recommend you stop double, triple, or quadruple posting. I understand you are new, however MTS Guidelines state you can't have multiple posts one after another. Try and edit your posts if required to join them together.

If you need to include the pictures in your post, click the go advanced button at the bottom of the page, add the individual screenshots into the attachment area, these should all show up on your post in an attachments section. The rules require a front, rear, floor plan shots (top floor and bottom), and any additional pics up totally no more than 10 that will best display your house.

Another thing to note: BMP is not the most suitable format for sims pictures.
See this link for more info on how to get the best screenshots in game: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...reenshot_Basics

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#68 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:48 AM
You can't upload the pictures like that, take a look at mine or the other entry on page 2.

The best way to take pictures is with a screenshot program. There are a few free ones around, I use Fraps. Because the free version takes them in bmp form the pictures are too large for the board so I scale them down to jpegs with Gimp. I learnt how from the creators guidelines here. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...reenshot_Basics Once resized I upload the pictures to Photobucket, but any photo hosting site will do. I then use the img line from under each photo in photobucket and copy and paste them into my post. If all of that sounds overwhelming at first just try using regular ingame shots and upload those to photobucket first. Those won't give you large crisp pictures though so it's worth learning how to use a screenshot program and a photo program like Gimp. Gimp is also free.

Again, do you see the edit button Horrorsimmer? Don't post underneath yourself, just edit and add the new bit you want.

TheDeadSim your post showed up after I posted. The rules didn't state a back shot although I thought in the last contest they were.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#69 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:58 AM
Oops! My mistake. I stand corrected.
However with uploads at MTS a rear shot is required so if you stick with their requirements/guidelines you should be fine
I will add that if you do include a rear image, it will give the judges a better view of the makeover you've complete. (Just a suggestion though as you can't physically lose points unless of course Jones changes the rules).

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:08 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 15th Mar 2013 at 1:50 PM.
A rear shot isn't required, but it is a good idea. But that is up to the individual.

Horrorsimmer, as everyone has already said, please don't multi post. Just keep editing your last post. If someone posts after you, you can start a new post. But if the bottom post is your's, just edit it. There's a little edit button in the bottom right corner of your post. As for the pics, both jo and DeadSim are right. You can attach pics directly to your post, or use photobucket, etc.
HERE is a little explanation of how to add pics by direct upload. With screenshots. And you need more pics. The only ones required are the front, a top down of each floor showing the layout, and a pic of the lot value which can be in one of the others. But we need to see the inside too. Both inside and out are equally important in the contest.

Also a reminder for ALL contestants, you need to take your top down pics with the walls up, so that the judges can see the doors and windows.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 2:38 PM
YAY, IT'S BACK \o/ Last time I learned so much and got plenty of new amazing cc (I can actually hear my Downloads folder weeping inside my computer right now, knowing it'll probably put on weight), I'm sure this time it'll be even better!

I have a question, about the extra rooms: do we need to add them without changing the current layouts of the houses, or can we add and/or remove inside walls in order to creat them? I know the rules say we can't do that, but I think it's better to check than losing points because I didn't ask You can bet I'll have a busy night later!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 2:43 PM
You can add new walls, lipe, but you'd lose points. But I will assure you that it's completely possible to give each family their bonus room without adding walls. You will just have to be careful in choosing which family for which lot
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#73 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Going to load up and finish off the makeover. If I can stop downloading floors...

Well Well, I guess am not the only one crazy about floors. I just love them
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 4:36 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 15th Mar 2013 at 8:37 PM. Reason: shameful self pat on the back
I'm almost a floor addict... I have a rug obsession, lol. It goes on the floor I'm about to go look for more right now. Work on my play along redos and I just don't have one that I like for this room.

*EDIT* Just had to say that I'm proud of myself. My new disc came, but of course it kept telling me to insert the original. So I swapped the bin and data folder from the disc to my all ready established Double Deluxe folder...and it worked! Sorry for sharing useless info, but I get all giddy when I can figure things out on my own Also will have the BG only download up in a few :D

*ANOTHER EDIT* I have now replaced the download with one that ONLY REQUIRES BASE GAME!

*YET ANOTHER EDIT* Oh My! Building some BG only lots for upload...I forgot how much you can't do with just BG!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:35 PM
Go jones That's very clever.

~Call me Jo~

Page 3 of 33