Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 9:40 PM
Default modding maxis to fit HBB
Hi: I have HBB as my default male bodyshape and I am thinking I can modify some of maxis clothes to fit that shape. I try in milkshake and it seems like a very long process and often the results don't look as good as some of the one's made by by original creatures marvine and beoxboxboy.

I'm thinking there must be another way like maybe some kind of magnetes I've heard about which I don't know anything about. Any idea cause I can't get enough clothes for HBB as it's been a long time since marvine and beoxboxboy and others made any clothes for that bodyshape. Any Ideas as what I should do and how? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 10:47 PM
You could use Cmars Toolkit to convert the shapes(i think)
I can walk you through the process?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You could use Cmars Toolkit to convert the shapes(i think)
I can walk you through the process?
HI Blooms: I don't know where to find Cmars but hey cool can you give me a lead?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 8:40 PM
you basicly need to create one mesh, a reference mesh.
The base mesh is a default male nudefullbody and the fatmorph should be a copy/duplicate of that mesh but shaped as the HBB.

It might be easier to start with the nude HBB as fatmorph and duplictate it to create the base mesh.
Can you provide me the HBB fullbodynude mesh?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:54 AM
you basicly need to create one mesh, a reference mesh.
The base mesh is a default male nudefullbody and the fatmorph should be a copy/duplicate of that mesh but shaped as the HBB.

It might be easier to start with the nude HBB as fatmorph and duplictate it to create the base mesh.
Can you provide me the HBB fullbodynude mesh?
I don't have fat morphs and don't want them but Blooms I think you misunderstood my original intentions. I already have HBB as default what I'm trying to do is to convert some of maxis formal and everyday suits for example the butlers suit and so on into HBB shape- You follow me ? When you talked about Cmars I looked it up and came with just a few artikles but couldn't find the actuall program and how and who..
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 10:16 AM
i know exactly wat you mean

Toolkit has the option to reshape meshes as morphs if it has a reference mesh.
So wat you need is:
basegamemesh(preferable a nude fullbody) with a fatmorph shaped as the HBB.

If you have these 2 you can shape any other basegame mesh into a HBB fatmorph
After that you just keep the morph as basemesh, delete the basegame mesh.

Just upload the fullbody HBB nude if you can and ill have a go.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 1:12 PM
i know exactly wat you mean

Toolkit has the option to reshape meshes as morphs if it has a reference mesh.
So wat you need is:
basegamemesh(preferable a nude fullbody) with a fatmorph shaped as the HBB.

If you have these 2 you can shape any other basegame mesh into a HBB fatmorph
After that you just keep the morph as basemesh, delete the basegame mesh.

Just upload the fullbody HBB nude if you can and ill have a go.
I don't get it. You are saying you can make a suit out of a nude? where do I get this Cmars tool?
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 3:45 PM
no, i didn't say that.
I can use the nude HBB to give the default suit a HBB shape.

the superhero is HBB?
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,161.0.html

Is this the one?
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,17784.0.html
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 8:10 PM
no, i didn't say that.
I can use the nude HBB to give the default suit a HBB shape.

the superhero is HBB?
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,161.0.html

Is this the one?
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,17784.0.html
This sounds very complicated. The HBB is none of the above you menioned . It is in the same section as all other marvine and Beoxboxboy's meshes. Sorry I don't know how to make a link yet but it is at insiminator. All i wanna do is to make some of the maxis suits like butler and a few other ones look like the ones marvine had done so that HBB has a few more everyday and formal clothes.HBB is a mesh by itself and has nothing to do with the ones you mentioned Blooms. How about telling me about this Cmars stuff you mentioned and I can give it a try for myself and if I need more help I can ask you cause it would be a lots of work for you since I wanna do a lots of clothes for HBB.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:39 PM
HHB is huge bodybuilder right?

Anyway, like i said you need a mesh, shaped as the default nude male.
It needs a fatmorph wich has the shape of the HBB.
Those will be your reference meshes and saved as GEOM(Wes H his exporter) or as WSO(wich is tsrw's exporter)
The meshgroupnames must be group_base and group_fat

If you have those 2 you can turn any other mesh into the HBB shape.

Wat you do is:
Import a default basegame mesh in Milkshape, your suit for instance
call it group_base
Export the file as in WSO format

Start toolkit and choose the tab autotools for WSO
In the autocreatemorphs tab you import the basegame mesh with its duplicate under WSO mesh to morph
The reference mesh you import in the 2nd box
Tick interpolation and create a new morphgroup
Save your file

Import the file in Milkshape
fix the comments and meshname
export as unimesh

TSRW: http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/
The milkshape plugins are in the extra's folder
Cmar Toolkit: http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=481950
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 10:17 PM
HHB is huge bodybuilder right?

Anyway, like i said you need a mesh, shaped as the default nude male.
It needs a fatmorph wich has the shape of the HBB.
Those will be your reference meshes and saved as GEOM(Wes H his exporter) or as WSO(wich is tsrw's exporter)
The meshgroupnames must be group_base and group_fat

If you have those 2 you can turn any other mesh into the HBB shape.

Wat you do is:
Import a default basegame mesh in Milkshape, your suit for instance
call it group_base
Export the file as in WSO format

Start toolkit and choose the tab autotools for WSO
In the autocreatemorphs tab you import the basegame mesh with its duplicate under WSO mesh to morph
The reference mesh you import in the 2nd box
Tick interpolation and create a new morphgroup
Save your file

Import the file in Milkshape
fix the comments and meshname
export as unimesh

TSRW: http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/
The milkshape plugins are in the extra's folder
Cmar Toolkit: http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=481950
This seems like a very complicated project. BTW Are we talking about sims2? cause that tool seems to be for sims3. Thanks anyway.
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 6:28 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 14th Jan 2013 at 6:42 AM.
actual it is a very very easy, you just need to create a proper reference mesh
All wat comes next is a few clicks.

The tool is indeed designed for sims 3 but works for sims 2 also(as long as the meshnames are the same)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 9:55 AM
actual it is a very very easy, you just need to create a proper reference mesh
All wat comes next is a few clicks.

The tool is indeed designed for sims 3 but works for sims 2 also(as long as the meshnames are the same)
Hi Blooms: now that you got my confidence up a bit , I wanna ask you what is wso format. Is that same as wavefront object? or how do I find that cause I looked under file export and didn't see it. thanks I'll probably need more help later on if i decide to get on with this project.
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 12:27 PM
you have to download tsrw for sims 3, in its installation folder there is a extra's folder with the plugins.
take out the 2 dll's and place them in your Milkshape directory.

i am working on a hbb reference mesh, i might use it for a small tutorial
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 2:24 PM
you have to download tsrw for sims 3, in its installation folder there is a extra's folder with the plugins.
take out the 2 dll's and place them in your Milkshape directory.

i am working on a hbb reference mesh, i might use it for a small tutorial
hi Blooms: you know I think this thing is up and over my knowledge of things. heck I can't even figure out why my display drivers stop working just to recover a few seconds later when i do a few copy and paste on my gimp. bloody window7 has stopped me from meshing. I did as you said and set the compatibilty to window xp servicepack3 but then the commands like save as just vanish the minute I click on them so i kept window7 compatibility. On milkshake it seems like it's done the jobb with windowxp servicepack3. Otherwise this whole project of HBB I have to let rest untill I resolve gimp issue. Thank but if you come up with some solutions that would be great as well. You are good at this stuff.
Sockpuppet
#16 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 2:37 PM
dont know about gimp
I also have trouble running milkshape with my current graphic card.
So i installed the MESA driver for milkshape, it excludes some dll's i believe or forces milkshape to run in software mode.
Worked for me.
Sockpuppet
#17 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 1:43 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 4th Sep 2013 at 2:11 AM.
Answered pm on how to convert other maxis shapes to the hhb:

Well, the reference mesh is already there, it is the original HHB from Marvine.
but in order to transform other meshes into that shape you need a duplicate of the HBB mesh but shaped into the original maxis bodyshape.
Then the original hhb becomes a morph.
When you have those 2 then you can use meshtool to convert other shapes.
Tookit will auto duplicated the maxis mesh and morph it into a ''morph'' mesh with the hhb ''morph(group_fit) as reference.
lol, hope this makes sence...

Edit, one hour later....i roughly shaped a duplicate of the hhb into the original maxis mesh with the original maxis male in the background.(file hhbconversion.ms3d)
then i deleted the oiginal maxis ''reference'' meshgroup
i renamed the original hhb to group_fit and the reshaped(the duplicate of it) to group_base(these names are important for meshtool)
i exported the file with the WSO exporter(a plugin part of TSRW, made for milkshape) and saved it as HHBconversion.wso.
i started new and imported the original maxis kilt into milkshape(without the morph) and renamed the body meshgroup to group_base.
then i exported it as wso file and named it test.wso
i started meshtool and in the tab autotools for WSO i loaded the kilt(test.wso) and loaded the hhbconversion.wso in the reference box.
i let toolkit generate the new file and saved it as outcome.wso.

At this point the mesh(and its morph, a new group_fit) still have their boneweights but the skeleton is screwed so:
started new in milkshape and imported a male maxis mesh(or female) to bring in a correct skeleton.
then i imported the the wSO file ''outcome.
I deleted the maxis mesh
I deleted the meshgroup_base
i renamed the group_fit to body and gave it the correct comments in its comment box.
i exported with UNImesh export and named it finalresult.

To make things perfect you might want to finetune the group_base in the first ms3d file i described.(i roughly shaped it like the hhb but it could be closer to the maxis male.)
I know it sounds all complicated and i prolly have to write a tutorial about it but i dont have the time right now, i already got carried away with this attempt.
I hope you understand, if not then use my reference mesh in the near future.
After these conversions you do need to fix the neck!!!!

http://www.2shared.com/file/MIHTgH4q/enji.html

Arie Bloom
Sockpuppet
#18 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 12:00 AM
I forgot,
It is wise to also reassigne the boneweighting with toolkit.
Marvine used other boneweights on the shoulder part.
to do so you:
-Open up toolkit.
-autotools for WSO.
-auto assigne bones tab.
-pick your new custom mesh for the first box.
-use the hhbconversion in the 2nd box.
-save
Instructor
#19 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 9:15 PM
Interesting way of converting bodyshapes Bloom, certainly will give this a try as I want to convert some Maxis to LeanBB
Also I guess it would work on Warlokk's female shapes too from Maxis?
Sockpuppet
#20 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 12:08 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 9th Sep 2013 at 12:30 AM.
i am 100% sure it is even easier with Warlokk's shapes.
For all his HIRES shapes he used the same base mesh wich i think he once released as default naked replacement.
The XHI shapes are also based on one basemesh.
He applied all his Poser magnets to these 2.

This can easily be checked by importing one of the base shapes and one of his custom shapes set as fatmorph.
They most likly will export fine with Unimesh.(as a set)
I know because he always used just one file(OBJX) to bring back in the rig and boneweighting(after the OBJ came out of Poser) so all meshes(the naked ones) he released must be identical.

So for those you dont need to create a basemesh, it already exists.
Would be a few clicks to create a reference mesh..

Edit,
Just did a quick test with the afTopNakedHi_34BNat and the afTopNakedHi_34DEnh set as its fatmorph, exports fine.
With a few exeptions(on some he manually added some faces to fintune the shape) you should be able to create any reference mesh you want for any shape.
This example would be a reference mesh for a naked mesh, if you need a clothing mesh(more smoothened out) you most likly need the MAXIS original and one of his set linked to it as fatmorph.
The lean bodybuilder however requiers you to duplicate the mesh and scale it down to maxis original maxis maleand set it as base mesh, like i did with the HBB.
Instructor
#21 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 4:13 PM
Giving this a try making a normal TuxTails mesh into a LeanBB TuxTails mesh
Hopefully I manage to get it right

Thanks Bloom
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 4:16 PM
Field Researcher
#23 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:03 AM
So I guess I'm the only stupid monkey who can't figure this out. Everytime I try I just end up with an exploded mess of vertices vomited randomly (or so it seems) around the skeleton. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
So I guess I'm the only stupid monkey who can't figure this out. Everytime I try I just end up with an exploded mess of vertices vomited randomly (or so it seems) around the skeleton. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

It's hard to help unless you write what you're doing step by step.
Are you using your own conversion file or the one uploaded by Bloomsbase in post #17 ?
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:55 AM
I was using my own, I'm not trying to convert to HBB, but jaccirocker's runner bodyshape.

I have the maxis am nude as my group_base and the runner nude as the group_fat in my template mesh.
I have the clothing I want to convert with no morphs as my group_base.
I run them through the mesh toolkit, and back in Milkshape I just get this:
Page 1 of 2