Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:35 AM
My god, I won! That's a shocker, I never win anything. Time to crack a cold one with my boys and pop on a few DVD's to celebrate.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:18 AM
were do i enter lol
Test Subject
#28 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:19 AM
So, this is my first time uploading a contest item and I'm not exactly clear on how to tag it so it comes up when you search for winners. Do you type in something like "multicultural" or something like that? Thanks.
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:23 AM
lol its my first time to and i dont get it how do you tag and all that too im still a newbie lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:39 AM
When you upload something there is an area where you can put search words, just put CreateMulticultural is that area.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:48 AM
so we cant post on this page do i have to make a thread for my pic and post the link here ?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cyclo_tripz
How many spots/winners will be chosen for the Multicultural Create Competition?
As mentioned in my first post 1 in 10. If only 10 people submit, we will have 1 winner. If 100 people submit, we will have 10 winners.
Quote: Originally posted by ruby mc nugget
were do i enter
Quote: Originally posted by ruby mc nugget
so we cant post on this page do i have to make a thread for my pic and post the link here ?
You need to upload your Custom Content, following the rules for Submission Guidelines. This is not a picture contest, it's a 'making' contest - hence the term 'create'.
Quote: Originally posted by izzikat
So, this is my first time uploading a contest item and I'm not exactly clear on how to tag it so it comes up when you search for winners. Do you type in something like "multicultural" or something like that? Thanks.
There is a box for 'search terms' and you type it in there.

Once again, congrats to our winners. Enjoy your ribbons, you earned it!
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 9:08 AM
never mind i whont enter i fro its was a pic comp lol fail silly me i have never made anything for comp,s before lol anyway my pic is in photobuckit anyway if you will like to have a look http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums...zps5e8982c7.jpg called the life of a cattleman by rubymyar so yer i silly for trying im new but im trying and please tell me if im in the worng spot and point me in the right way cheers ruby
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 12:02 PM
WHOA!!!
I can't believe i won!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:49 PM
I asked a question at the end of page one, but I guess it was overlooked... Sorry it was wordy but I would still like an answer whether my Textiles career - Based on what my own Great Great Grandmother experienced in Scotland as a young woman - will work for the current Multicultural competition?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:50 PM
Oh, sorry Kitty, yes that should work as long as you include enough of a cultural history lesson behind it.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 7:08 PM
Thank You. Most of the cultural history lesson will be in the upload itself... I'm using a few Gaelic terms in the job names and descriptions, but I do want it to be understandable to average english speaking players
Field Researcher
#38 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 9:40 PM
When is the deadline?

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 7:00 AM
Hmm... this would be the first contest I'd enter, and I'm not very good at creating new items or anything, so I'd probably just make a sim... but I'd love to join. :] *gets to work*
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#40 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:46 PM
I have a CAW project I've been working on that would be perfect, but as I've never managed to actually finish a CAW project, we'll have to see if I can finish it, and finish it well, by the end of the month, lol. But I think I'll scale it down and at least do a lot in the same theme as my CAW, that way I can enter something, even if I don't finish the world I'm excited about this
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 10:57 PM
You know, I have this hilltop Roman house and vineyard that's just dying to be finished. After a save error caused me to lose the upper story I kinda gave up on it, but I have a reason to rebuild it again

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 4:24 AM
So... I'm not too great at creating anything other than actual Sims... Would that be an acceptable entry?
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 4:56 PM
does it have to be from an event or just something that fits with a certain culture
and can it just be a sim
The other one
#44 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This January (you have all month) we are hosting a create competition. You make something and upload it just as you would any other download, but tag it with the search term #CreateMulticultural.

Just to answer a couple of questions; you have until the very end of January. Each Competition/Activity/Photo contest we do will last for a month each

You can make a sim, a house, a game mod or a pair of knickers - anything that can be uploaded to the downloads section - as long as it fits the theme! Images, movies, stories etc will not be judged because they can't be uploaded to the downloads section. Activity months are less strict so if you want to join in the fun with a movie or story you can join in the next activity month in Feb. If you want to join in with an image, keep an eye out for the next photo competition.
Scholar
#45 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:43 PM
>.> So...would a lot that is a small community with each building inspired by different cultures be an acceptable idea?

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Field Researcher
#46 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:25 PM
How would a joint submission be submitted? It'd be nice if there was a way where we could both get the downloads...

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
TwoHorse's Indian Bindis, [url=http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=278314]

Any idea if this is Sim 3 capable? I can't tell what's Sim 2 and what's Sim 3 - nearly everything I've tried to download so far does not work with Sim 3, including a few things that are supposed to.

I found a couple of really good looking saris but they're all Sim 2 only. And the "India Inspiration pack" on the Sims store is AWFUL. Those aren't saris, they're skirts with scarves! They're horrible! They look like they're painted on, no pleats, no fullness to them at all.

If anybody is interested and knows how, at least one designer of the Sim 2 saris has a blurb on her page BEGGING someone to update them to Sim 3 .... hint hint hint ...
Test Subject
#48 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 7:59 PM
could i make a sim of an important british person
Field Researcher
#49 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 7:40 AM
A delayed response here, but myself and John Dregg (the twin brother of Ann Mason from Jones's Pleasantview Makeover Contest who I have been playing) would like to thank all the relevant MTS staff that voted - he is thrilled to have a lil slice of the limelight instead of just being a forgotten twin (And I love my lil blue ribbon )

(Oh, and forget 'presiez' he MET Santa at his sister's xmas party! )

Inventor
#50 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 10:45 PM
I have a question. I made an Entrepreneur career for this competition; am I allowed to use the Creator Feedback Forum to get help testing it and tuning the difficulty?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Page 2 of 4