Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:23 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde Chapter 1

Ralf Wylde was born into the peasant life and thus he has remained for all of his thirty-four years. He's accepting of his lot in life and even considers himself lucky. "It could be worst" he says, "I could have been born a female."
The laws set by those in charge don't make Ralf's life any easier, but they limit women's freedom even more so. Women can not marry without their parents' permission, they can not own a business without special permission, they can not divorce their husbands, they can not own propety of any kind unless they are a widow and they can not inherit property from their parents if they have any surviving brothers.

Ralf lives in a small village called Willow Creek, so named for the beautiful weeping willow trees that stand on the property surrounding the creek. All the homes in the village are two room frame houses where entire families eat, sleep and spend time together. The houses are either too cold or too hot, depending on the season, but they're always dark and damp.

Ralf's family consists of his wife Sarah, their two sons Raulin and Garath and himself. Ralf married Sarah when he was sixteen and she was one year younger. Sarah was rosy-cheeked and full of energy, an even match for her big handsome husband, but every year since their youngest son was born, Sarah's health has declined.

The villagers' daily life is spent trying to grow enough food in their gardens . . .

Or catch enough fish in the creek to survive another day, another week, another month, thus another year.

One summer morning, Ralf ran into his neighbor Anne Fenton. Anne was a large, good natured woman. She was married to Ralf's friend Jonathon. Anne and Jonathon had a daughter Olivia about the same age as his sons.
"Good morning, Ralf" said Anne, "I'm on my way to your house to ask Sarah if she has any clothes that need washing."
"You don't need to concern yourself with that. Me and the lads can do our own wash" said Ralf.
"It's no bother. What's a few more pairs of underdrawers going to matter" she laughed.

Later that day after Ralf had finished his chores, he saw Sarah coming toward him. He still got a catch in his throat when ever he saw her. She had always been beautiful, but even more so now.

"How are you feeling my love?" he asked, while holding her in his arms.
"I was feeling a little better this morning when I first woke up, but not for long" she said, "I believe I'll go back to bed for awhile."

Sarah got into bed and was soon sound asleep. She was getting weaker and weaker every day.

Ralf saw Anne coming in his direction and went to meet her.

"Ralf, can I ask you something?", Anne whispered.
"Yes, we're friends" he said.
"With Sarah being so sick, don't you miss . . . well you know?" she said.
"Sarah is my wife. I promised to be with her until we die" said Ralf.
"Sarah's the one who's sick, not you" said Anne.

"Come on in for a spell. Jonathon won't be home until supper", she said.
"Are you suggesting what I think you are?" asked Ralf.
"Yes, that's what I'm offerering" she answered.

Anne went into the house and Ralf followed her into her and Jonathan's bedroom.
"Come lay down beside me" she told Ralf.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "You know things won't be the same afterwards, don't you?"
"I know and it's alright" she assured him.

"It's been a long time since I . . . well, you know" said Ralf.
"It's been a long time for me too", she said.

"I don't want to wait any longer" said Ralf.
"You don't have to" Anne said.

And he didn't.

Ralf thought about what he had done and was torn between his love for Sarah and his lust for Anne.
Now that the old desires had returned, he would have to struggle everyday with himself to remain faithful, until his beautiful, trusting Sarah was taken away from him forever.

To be continued . . .
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 1:14 AM Last edited by Tasia714 : 4th Jan 2013 at 1:43 AM.
Nice work Dysdk, love the pictures.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:48 AM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde
Thanks Tasia! I appreciate you reading and commenting.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:54 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 2

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 2

At the end of Part I, Ralf had misbehaved badly with his neighbor Anne Fenton.

After thinking over what he had just done, Ralf was determined to fight his feelings of lust for Anne.

"Anne, that should never have happened", said Ralf, "I love Sarah and I'm going to be faithful to her from now on."
"I understand, Ralf. It's not Sarah's fault she's sick and can't give you what a healthy man needs", said Anne.

"If you change your mind, you know where to find me", she said, "Goodbye, Ralf."

When he got home he gave Sarah extra attention, trying to make up for cheating on her.
"How are you feeling my love?", he asked.
"Actually I feel better since I took that nap", she answered.
"If you feel as good as you look, then you must be feeling better", he said.

"I've been practicing my painting a little every day. I think I'm rather good now", she said, "Will you pose tomorrow for a portrait?"

"You will do yourself a favor by finding yourself a better looking subject", joked Ralf.
"Well since you're the only one handy, I guess you'll have to do", she said, going along with the joke.

Before much longer, Sarah fell asleep and Ralf was left alone with his thoughts.

Over at the Fenton's house, Jonathan had returned home.
"I was reading and didn't hear you come in", said Anne, "Did you enjoy yourself at the alehouse?"
"Yes, just the usual", he answered.
"It was lonely here without you", she said.
"Where was Olivia? She should have been home to keep her mother company", he said.
"She's staying the night with Bridget Edgar", said Anne.

"Come lay on the bed", she said..
"It's been a long time since we've done that", said Jonathan.
"Yes, that's just what I was telling . . . myself this afternoon", said Anne.
"So you're talking to yourself now are you?", he joked.

"Jonathan do you want to . . .well, you know", asked Anne.

And Johnathan said, "YES!"

A satisfied Jonathan slept soundly and Anne slept peacefully, knowing she had been able to "cover her tracks".

The next morning at breakfast, Matthew Edgars asked, "Ralf, do you need me to go with you to deliver the benevolences* to the landlord?"

[
"No, I best be going alone as usual. Lord Vincent don't take too kindly to strangers", said Ralf.

"There's always talk at the alehouse about that one. His odd behavior that is", said Jonathan.

"Lord Vincent stays in that big castle all to himself. I wonder if he ever comes out", said Raulin.

"Has anyone besides Father ever seen him", said Garath.

"I've heard that he's an exceptionally handsome man", said Isabel Edgar.

What DOES Lord Vincent look like, Ralf?", asked Anne.

"Lord Vincent is just a man, like any other with expensive clothes of velvet and silk", said Ralf, "There's nothing odd about that. If I was as wealthy as him, I'd wear velvet and silk, too."

After breakfast Raulin helped Ralf load the wagon, which contained the landlord's part of their weekly produce, milk and fish.

No matter how many times he had seen Castle Dargan, Ralf was always in awe of its beauty and size.

Lord Vincent was sitting in the courtyard practicing chess.
When Ralf approached, he asked him to join him in a game.

"Ralf, how long have you been coming here?", he asked.

"Since my father passed away, going on five years now", answered Ralf.
"Your father was a wonderful man. Did he tell you, we had become good friends?", asked Lord Vincent.
"No, he never mentioned it", said Ralf.
"Won't you join me for dinner", said Lord Vincent.
"Yes, don't mind if I do", said Ralf.

"I need to hire a housekeeper. Do you know a trustworthy lady in the village who might want the position?", asked Lord Dargan.

"There's a widow lady who might be what you need", said Ralf, "Her name is Rachael Smith."

Bring her around tomorrow, if you will", he said.

"Thank you for the meal", said Ralf, "I must be getting on home."

"Don't forget to ask Rachael about the position", he said.
"No, I won't forget, Lord Vincent", said Ralf.

As soon as Ralf returned to Willow Creek, he ran into Rachael Smith.
"Rachael, may I speak with you?", he asked.
"Of course", said Rachael, "What is it you want?"

"The landlord is looking for a housekeeper and I recommended you for the position", said Ralf, "I hope that was alright."

"Yes, thank you, Ralf", she said, "I need a way to earn some money."

To be continued . . .

Notes:
Payments to the landlord were called benevolences or aids - expressions of friendship rather than the law. But were payments one could not refuse.

The title Lord Of the Manor is a titular feudal dignity. The holder is entitled to call himself Lord along with his personal name. The landlord's wife may use the title Lady along with her personal name.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:34 PM
Using the picture of waves hitting rocks to depict "woohoo" is adorable. I like the story.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:06 AM
Thank you surfer85
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:06 AM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 3

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 3

The following morning at Willow Creek . . .

Rachael Smith told her daughters, "I'm going to apply for the position as Lord Vincent's housekeeper. Ralf is going to introduce me to him today."

"You're lucky to have been recomended by Ralf. Lord Vincent wouldn't hire a complete stranger otherwise", said Matilda Holt.

"What about us?", asked Beautrix.

"Where are we going to live?", asked Alyson.

"If I'm lucky enough to get the position, you girls will continue to live here", answered Rachael, "You're both quite capable of taking care of yourselves."

"I think you will be fortunate to be able to live in a castle", said Sadie Ousby.
"If I were wealthy, I would build you your own castle", said her husband Jasper.

"I don't think it's fair for Lord Vincent to be so wealthy and for us to be so poor", said Abra Ousby.

"Lord Vincent inherited his wealth and position when his father died. He's entitled to it", said Ralf, who had just come in the door.

"Why didn't we get wealthy when our father died?", asked Lucas Holt.

"Because Father was a poor peasant, just like all of us here in Willow Creek", said Ben Holt.

"Are you ready, Rachael?", asked Ralf, "We need to be leaving."

"Do you think Lord Vincent will like me?", Rachael asked Ralf.
"Don't worry, he'll like you", said Ralf.

They walked for several miles until they finally arrived at Castle Dargan.

"The castle is even more beautiful up close", said Rachael.
"Every time I come up here I can never get over how beautiful and imposing it is", said Ralf.

Lord Vincent came out to greet Ralf.
"I presume that woman is the widow lady you spoke of", he said.
"Yes, that's Rachael Smith", answered Ralf.
"She's very beautiful", said Lord Vincent.

"Ralf introduced Rachael to Lord Vincent.
"Since you come highly recomended by Ralf, the position is yours, that is if you want it?"
"Yes, thank you I do."

"Thank you for bringing Rachael to me", said Lord Vincent, "She's exactly what I need."

Then Ralf left to go home hoping he hadn't made a mistake by bringing Rachael to meet Lord Vincent.

After Ralf left Rachael followed Lord Vincent into the kitchen.
"Your duties as housekeeper will be quite simple. There's really not that much to do except keep everything tidy, do the laundry and cook the meals", said Lord Vincent.

"That's really quite a lot, but I'm capable of handling it", she said.

"Yes, I suspect you are", Lord Vincent thought to himself.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:37 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 4

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 4

At Castle Dargan, Lord Vincent has hired Rachael Smith, one of the peasant women from Willow Creek to be his live-in housekeeper.

"I've never in my whole life seen such a huge place", she said.
"It's actually rather small for a castle", he said.

After showing her the rest of the castle, Lord Vincent showed her to a beautifully furnished bedroom.
"This room, a small setting room and toilet are for your use", he said, "There's some clothes in the trunk at the foot of the bed that should fit you."
"Are you sure the owner won't mind me wearing her clothes?", asked Rachael.
"I'm sure. Join me in the kitchen when you've finished changing", he said.

After she changed into one of the dresses from the trunk, Rachael joined Lord Vincent in the kitchen.
"This is delicious. You're a very good cook", she said.
"I learned out of neccessity", he said.

After they had finished supper, Rachael joined Lord Vincent in the livingroom.
"How long have you been a widow?", he asked.
"My husband Aaron died nearly two years ago", she said.
"Did you have childern with him?", he asked.
"I have two daughters who live in the village", she said.
"Will they be alright without you there?", he asked.
"Beautrix and Alyson are quite capable of looking after themselves."

"Lord Vincent, I do need to ask if I'm able to have Sundays off? I'd like to be able to visit my daughters", she said.
"Of course", he said.

"Thank you for supper and a lovely evening", said Rachael, "I'll have your breakfast ready in the morning when you get up."
"Yes, I'll see you then", he said, "Goodnight, Rachael."

"Goodnight Lord Vincent!", she called as she was leaving the room.

Rachael was soon sound asleep on the unusually soft comfortable bed.

Vincent thought about his conversation with Rachael. She had been a widow long enough to be pass mourning her husband and just long enough to be wanting male companionship.

Lord Vincent went upstairs to the family crypt. He stood before the portraits and urns of his parents and mourned.

Then he stood in front of the portrait of a beautiful fair haired woman and began to cry.

"I know I promised, but I can't do this anymore", he cried, "An eternity is an awfully long time.".

Meanwhile over at Willow Creek, Ralf had returned home and Sarah was waiting for him.

"Do you feel like posing for your portrait now?", she asked.
"Yes, if that's what you want", he said.

Ralf stood and posed for Sarah. The picture on the canvas was a remarkable likeness of him.

Sarah had painted longer than she should and was getting tired.
"I think I'll have a nap before supper", she said, "I'll paint some more tomorrow."
"Have a good rest my love", said Ralf.

Anne and Jonathan Fenton were on their way over. Anne had gotten in the habit of cooking supper for the Wylde family along with her own.
"Jonathan I have something to tell you", said Anne.
"You look serious. What is it you want to tell me?", he said.
"We're going to be having us another little mouth to feed", she said.
"A baby?", he asked.
"Yes a baby. What else would you think", she said.

"I hope this one is a son", he said as he rubbed Anne's belly.
"Anne was releaved that Jonathan was happy about the baby.

Anne prepared supper for the two families and they all gathered around the table.
"Me and Anne have a bit of news to share. We're going to have a baby", said Jonathan.

"I'm happy for you both. I would like to have another baby if my health would permit", said Sarah.

"At least you were able to give Ralf two healthy sons. I hope this baby will be a male. I think every man should have a son", she said.

"I'm looking forward to having a little brother or sister. I can get some practice before I have a baby of my own", said Olivia.

"You best be finding yourself a husband first", said Ralf.
"I've found him, he just doesn't know it yet", she said.

"I'm going on to bed", said Sarah.
"I'll be in later. I got to check on the animals", said Ralf.

"I'll check on them. You go on in with Sarah", said Jonathan.

When Anne was alone with Ralf, she whispered in his ear, "You do realize this baby might be yours. Don't you?"

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:42 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 5

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 5

At Castle Dargan, several weeks have passed since Rachael Smith was hired as Lord Vincent's housekeeper . . .

Every morning Rachael fixes breakfast for Lord Vincent and herself, as he insist she join him for all meals.

After breakfast Rachael cleaned up the kitchen and did the laundry.

She cleaned all three bathrooms.

She made up Lord Vincent's bed.

There was a lot of work to keeping a castle clean.

Not that Lord Vincent was concerned, he practiced painting . . .

Played the piano . . .

And exercised while Rachael did the housework.

"Lord Vincent, I've finished the housework. Supper will be ready in an hour", said Rachael.
"I'm not in a hurry to eat. I need to take a bath and change clothes first", he said.
"Yes, I need to do the same", she said.

Rachael prepared supper.

When she served Lord Vincent, he looked up at her and said, "That dress matches your beautiful green eyes."
"Thank you for noticing", she said.

After they finished eating, Lord Vincent asked Rachael to join him.
"Are you going to visit your daughters tomorrow?", he asked.
"Yes, I go every Sunday, remember?", she answered.

"Come over here", he said.

"Rachael, you're doing a good job as my housekeeper", he said, "There's not too much for you to do, is it?"
"No, I like staying busy, Lord Vincent", she said.

"You don't have to call me Lord Vincent when we're alone. Vincent will be fine", he said.
"Alright, I will", she said.
"It's getting late. I won't keep you any longer", he said.
"Thank you Vincent. I intend to get an early start tomorrow", she said.

Very early the following morning, Rachael left to go to Willow Creek.

After a long walk, Rachael came to the village. Nothing had changed, but conpared to Castle Dargan it looks even shabbier than before. Alyson ran to her mother and gave her a hug.
"I missed you so much", she said.
"I missed you too", said Rachael.

Then Beatrix gave her a hug.

Rachael sit on the bench with her daughters and talked about everything and anything.

Anne Fenton's time had come to give birth. She was outside watering the apple trees when she started into labor.

She delivered a beautiful baby boy with tan skin, grey eyes and brown hair. She named him Caleb.

She handed the baby to her husband Jonathan.
"We have a son", she said.

Jonathan looked at the infant. Then he handed him back to Anne and walked away.

Anne hadn't "covered her tracks" as well as she thought.

Jonathan has brown eyes, she has blue and Caleb has grey like his father Ralf Wylde.

To be continued...
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:53 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 6

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 6

Anne handed the baby to her daughter Olivia.
"Take your little brother inside and give him a bottle of milk. It will be good practice for you", she said.

Olivia fed Caleb a bottle of milk.

"You sure are a pretty little thing. I wonder why our father was so upset when he saw you", she said.

"Ralf, Jonathan suspects that he's not Caleb's father. It's just a matter of time before he notices that you're the only man in the village that has gray eyes", said Anne.

"What do you want me to do about it?", he asked.
"I'll think of something", she said, "If he asks did you and me do . . .well you know. Tell him no. Just deny everything."

Ralf ran into Rachael in the barn.
"How's the job as housekeeper working out for you?", he asked.

"It's working out just fine. There's plenty to do and the pays enough so I can support my girls", she said.

On Monday morning Rachael told Alyson and Beatrix goodbye.
"Mother I wish you could stay here with us", said Beatrix.
"You know that's not possible. I'll come back next Sunday", she said.

Then Rachael left to go back to Castle Dargan.

After a long walk Rachael was able to see the castle in all it's glory. It was indeed a beautiful place.

She was halfway up the walk when she saw Vincent coming toward her. He took her breath away. She didn't think she had ever seen a more beautiful man than him.
"The man and his castle, a perfect match", she thought to herself.

He grabbed her and gave her a hug.
"I was afraid you weren't coming back", he said.

"Of course I was coming back. I just left long enough to visit my daughters", she said.

"Did you eat yet?", she asked.
"No I was waiting for you to come home", he said.
"Well I'll have something ready in a little while", she said.

Rachael prepared pork chops for herself and Vincent.
"How are your daughters getting along?", he asked.
"They miss not having me with them all the time, but they're adjusting", she said.
"How old are they?", he asked.
"Beatrix is sixteen and Alyson is fifteen and quite capable of taking care of theirselves. I was married by the time I was Beatrix's age", she said.

After they finished their meal, Rachael sit with Vincent on the sofa in the study.
"Rachael do you like living here", he asked.
"Yes, this castle is much nicer than anywhere I've ever lived before", she said.
"I'm glad you like it. Maybe you won't ever want to leave", he said.

Vincent asked Rachael to come sit closer. He put his arm around her shoulders.
"Rachael do you know what I am?", he asked.
"Yes, you're the wealthy landlord of Willow Creek", she said, "And a very handsome one at that."
"Yes I'm a landlord and yes I'm wealthy", he said.

"You forgot to say 'I'm a very handsome man'", she said, while nuzzeling his neck.
"Alright, I'm a very handsome man", he laughed.

Then Vincent surprised her with a romantic kiss on the lips.

But when he tried to give her a makeout kiss . . .

She pushed him away.
"No Vincent!", she screamed.

"I'm not some scarlet woman you can have your way with", she said.

"Goodnight Vincent. I'll see you in the morning", Rachael said, as she was walking out.

Rachael went to bed and was soon sound asleep.

Vincent went upstairs into the family crypt and stood before the portrait of Tess.
"Tess, I can't keep my promise", he said, "I've found someone else.".

Then all of a sudden, the ghost of Tess jumped up out of her urn

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Dsydk11 : 29th Feb 2016 at 9:07 PM.
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 7

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 7

At Castle Dargan, Vincent was surprised by the ghost of his deceased wife.

"Vincent, how can you replace me. We promised each other there would never be anyone else", said Tess.

"I mourned for you for the past ten years Tess. I can't mourn forever", he said.

She gave him a passionate kiss, but all Vincent could do was remember how it used to feel.

"Tess. I want the kind of life we used to have. I think I can have that with Rachael. Please don't interfere", he said.

Then Vincent walked out, leaving Tess alone in the dark lonely crypt.

When he saw Rachael in the hall, he said "Rachael I need to talk to you. Will you join me in the garden?"
"Alright Vincent", she said.

They walked out into the garden together.

"I need to tell you something. I'm not like mortal men. I'm a vampire", he said.
"But I thought vampires couldn't come outside in the sunlight and that they drank human blood", she said.
"You're right Rachael. Most vampires can't tolerate the sunlight and they do drink human blood, but I'm a True Blood. I'm able to walk in daylight, eat and father childern. The only difference in me and mortal men are the gifts of immortality and strength", he explained.
"How did you become a vampire?", she asked.

"One night when I was walking out here in the garden a beautiful woman came up to me and asked for directions. We started talking and before I knew what had happened, she bit me on my neck. That was over nine years ago", he said.
"Does anyone else know?", asked Rachael.
"No, I didn't tell anybody what happened that night", he said.

"Will you still be my housekeeper now that you know what I am?", he asked.
"Yes, I'm not afraid to be here with you. I trust you Vincent", she said.

Over at Willow Creek . . .

Ralf watched his wife as she slept. His beautiful Sarah was getting paler and weaker every day.

He carefully straightened the covers so as not to awaken her.

He tried to prepare his sons for the inevitable. He told them their mother had but a short time left.

Garath and Raulin stood at the bedroom door and looked over at their mother and knew that their father was telling the truth. Neither of the boys could remember a time when she wasn't sick.

While Ralf was dealing with the impending death of his wife, Jonathan was dealing with his own demons.

He told his wife Anne, "I don't feel the same as I did when Olivia was born. There's just something not right about Caleb having gray eyes. Are you sure I'm his father?"

"Of course you're his father. As to his eyes being gray, my mother had gray eyes", she said, "Don't you remember?"
"No I didn't remember. I'm sorry for doubting you", he said.

A short time later, Caleb grew up looking even more like his father. Anne was proud to have such a beautiful son and . . .

Jonathan had become so attached to the baby that he didn't see or want to see Caleb's resemblance to his friend Ralf.

Although the Fenton's daughter Olivia noticed how much her little brother favored Ralf, she kept her suspicions to herself.

She was more interested in Ralf's oldest son Raulin than worrying about his maybe youngest son Caleb.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Dsydk11 : 5th Jan 2013 at 5:02 PM.
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 8

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 8

Over at Willow Creek there has been no improvement in Ralf's wife Sarah's condition. It's only a matter of time before she is taken away from him forever.

When Ralf went in to check on Sarah, she asked him to lay beside her and hold her until she fell asleep. He did as she asked and soon fell asleep with Sarah in his arms.

Sometime in the early morning Sarah awoke and sit up in bed.
"Yes, I'm ready to go. I'm so tired of waiting", she said, talking to someone who only she could see.

She stood up, clutched her stomach and called Ralf's name.

Then she fell in a heap to the floor beside the bed.

When Ralf heard Sarah call his name, he woke up but it was too late to say a last goodbye or give her a last kiss. He mourned for Sarah even though her death was expected.

After Ralf buried his wife of nineteen years, he took a bath to wash away the smell of death.

A plain stone headstone was placed on Sarah's grave under one of the weeping willow trees on the furthest part of the lot.

Their friends and neighbors took time from their labors to mourn Sarah and console Ralf.

Olivia Fenton was there to console Raulin and help him deal with his mother's death.

And Olivia's little brother Caleb was unaffected by the death of his neighbor. All of his attention was on playing with the toy Ark his father had made for him.

At Castle Dargan Rachael Smith was seemingly unperturbed by Vincent's confession of a few days ago. He had admitted to being a vampire. Rachael trusted him and saw no reason to be afraid.

"I'm going on to bed. I'm rather tired", said Rachael.

"The work here isn't too much for you is it?", asked Vincent, "I could see about hiring someone to come in during the day to help."
"No it's not too much for me", she answered.

"Goodnight Vincent", she said.
"Goodnight Rachael", he said.

Vincent went to bed shortly after Rachael, but the ghost of Tess climbed into bed with him and the chill awakened him. He jumped up out of bed.

"Vincent my love what's the matter. You use to like for me to lay close to you", she said.
"You're not the same as you were", he said.

"Is this better?", she said, becoming visable for a few moments . . .

Before disappearing and leaving Vincent with his arms around nothingness.

Finding it impossible to go back to sleep, he went downstairs and started playing the piano. The music always seemed to relax him.

The piano music had awakened Rachael from her slumber.
"Vincent, are you alright. It's the middle of the night", she said.
"I'm sorry. I didn't think. I'd gotten so use to being alone before you came", he said.

He held her in his arms and kissed her deeply.

Vincent swooped her up in his strong arms and . . .

Carried her upstairs to his private quarters. He laid her on the soft velvet covers as gently as he could. He gave her a long passionate kiss.

"Is it alright?", he asked.
"Yes", she answered.

"You're an incredible lover Vincent. Ii's never felt that way with any man before", she said.

"Rachael, I'm not a man. I'm a vampire", he said.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:00 PM Last edited by Dsydk11 : 29th Feb 2016 at 9:23 PM.
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 9

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 9

Having made love until the wee hours of the morning, Rachael and Vincent slept until noon the following day.

Rachael woke up and turned toward Vincent.
"Good morning", he said.
"Good morning? It's almost afternoon", she said.
"Time is unimportant. We can stay in bed all day if we want", he teased.
"Maybe you can, but I've got work to do", she said.

"What's so important that you don't have time to give me a kiss?", he asked.
"I have to fix us something to eat. Aren't you hungry? I'm starving", she said.

Vincent gave her a long lingering kiss.

"I'm going to take a bath while you're fixing our meal", he said.
"Alright but don't take too long", she said.

Vincent took a quick bath, not wanting to displease Rachael.

"It's ready", she said, "Have a seat and I'll serve it."

"Will you be going to visit your daughters tomorrow?", he asked.
"Yes, you know I go every Sunday. They catch me up on the latest gossip", she said.
"And what would that be?", asked Vincent.
"Oh just the usual little things. Did you know that Jonathan Fenton's wife had a baby boy a few weeks ago?", she asked.
"Really, they must be happy about that. Is the child healthy?", he asked.
"I guess he's as healthy as can be expected with the conditions being as they are", said Rachael.

After they finished their meal, Vincent hugged Rachael and said "It's a beautiful day. Let's go sit in the garden."
"Vincent I have some cleaning to do today", she said.

There was a knock at the kitchen door. Rachael looked out and saw her daughter Beatrix standing on the stoop.
"It's my daughter", she told Vincent.
"Well ask her to come in", he said.

As soon as Beatrix stepped into the kitchen she said "Mother, Sarah Wylde died this morning."
"Oh no", said Rachael, "I had hoped she would get better."

"Lord Vincent, this is my daughter Beatrix. She came to tell me Ralf Wylde's wife died this morning", said Rachael.
"Ralf told me she was in bad health", he said, "I didn't realize how bad.".

"May I go back to Willow Creek with Beatrix? I'd like to be there for Sarah's family and my neighbors", she said.
"Yes of course", he said, "Be sure to give Ralf my condolences."
"Why don't you come and deliver them yourself?", she said.

Then Lord Vincent, Rachael and Beatrix left to go to the peasant village

Over at Willow Creek Ralf was planting some purple flowers on Sarah's grave. Purple had been her favorite color.

He stood at the grave and mourned for his wife. Ralf had been a good and faithful husband to Sarah for nineteen years, except for that one time with Anne Fenton.

Seeing Ralf standing alone by Sarah's grave, Anne came over to chat with him.
"Ralf if you get lonely and want to . . . well you know. I'm available.

"Don't you be talking like that right here at Sarah's grave. Your Jonathan ain't dead. Try being a good wife to him for a change. You're lucky to have somebody like him who accepts Caleb as his own. I don't know if I could have done it!", shouted Ralf.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:10 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 10

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 10

Ralf saw two women and a man approuching. "I don't believe it", he thought to himself.

The man with Rachael and Beatrix was none other than Lord Vincent. He most certainly looked out of place in his silk shirt, velvet suit and fine leather boots. In all his thirty-four years, Ralf had never known a landlord to come to Willow Creek.

"Ralf I've come to pay my respects to your Sarah and offer my condolences to you", said Lord Vincent.
"Thank you Lord Vincent", said Ralf.

"Ralf I'm sorry Sarah passed away. I had hoped and prayed that she would get better", said Rachael.
"I guess it just won't meant to be", he said.

Ralf introduced Lord Vincent to his sons Raulin and Gareth.

When Lord Vincent was leaving he gave Ralf a friendly hug.
"I envy you having two fine sons to carry on your name", he said.

"I'll be home Monday morning the same as usual", said Rachael.
"Good, I don't think I could do without you longer than that", he said.

As Vincent was leaving he took a good look around. He was appalled by the living onditions of the peasants. "I had no idea it was this bad", he thought to himself.

Ralf's oldest son Raulin was out in the yard with the Fenton's daughter Olivia.
"I love you", she said.
"I love you too Olivia", he said, "And I know I ain't got much else to offer you but. . .."

"Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?", he asked.

"Oh yes, I was hoping you would ask me", she said.

When Ralf came out into the yard, Raulin told him he wanted to marry Olivia.
"Well you're both old enough to know what you want. Your mama and me were about your age when we got married", said Ralf.

"I can't think of a better man for my Olivia than your son", said Jonathan, "I hope they'll be as happy as me and Anne have been."
"I wish my Sarah had lived long enough to see them married", said Ralf.

Caleb was outside running around. He's loved by everybody in the village and doesn't want for attention.

Rachael had gone out to the barn to milk the cow and felt slightly nauseous from the smells.
"Oh no, could I be with child?", she wondered.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 9:56 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 11

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part Chapter 11

On Monday morning Rachael said goodbye to her daughters. Alyson pleaded with her to stay a little longer, but she had promised Vincent she would return today.

Beatrix on the other hand gave her a hug goodbye. She would soon be an adult and understood how important it was for her mother the keep her job.

Rachael saw Ralf in the yard exercising and waved goodbye to him. She hoped he would soon be able to put Sarah's death behind him. Life was too short to spend it mourning for the departed.

Ralf was an extremely goodlooking man. There were plenty of single females in the village like Abra Ousby who would jump at the chance to be the next Mrs. Wylde.

Abra asked Ralf to give her lessons. Not that she didn't get enough exercise from just doing chores . . .

But this gave her an opportunity to have him all to herself.

Later that same day Ralf's son Raulin and the Fenton's daughter Olivia grew up into adults.

There was no reason to put off their wedding any longer.
"I'll go talk to Father Sullivan tomorrow and make arrangements", said Raulin.

After an exhausting walk Rachael finally arrived at Dargan Castle. She was getting too old to be having another baby she guessed.

As soon as Vincent saw her coming he came came out to greet her.
"I've missed you more than you will ever know", he said, "Are you feeling alright? You look more tired than usual."
"I'm alright, just getting old I guess", she said.
"You're only thirty-three, that's not old", he said, "Come sit down and get off your feet."

"How is Ralf doing?", he asked.
"He still has moments he breaks down and cries, but that's to be expected. He and Sarah were married to each other almost half their lives", she said.
"Did it take you a long time to get past your husband's death?", he asked.
"Yes and no. My daughters were still young and I had to be strong for them. That helped me get over him sooner than I would have thought possible", she said.

"Rachael, I hate thinking of you being unhappy. Are you happy living here with me?", he asked.
"Yes, I'm happy", she said, "Now I'm going to fix us something to eat. I bet you haven't eaten a thing today, have you?"
"No, I don't like eating alone", he said.

Rachael got up to go to the kitchen and the ghost of Tess jumped in front of her.
"Oh!", she screamed.

The ghost gave Vincent a discussed look and then disappeared.

"Vincent who is that . . . well I mean who was that?", she asked.
"Let's eat and I'll tell you all about her while we're having our meal", he said.

Rachael prepared the food, served Vincent a portion and joined him at the table.

"Alright, tell me who's ghost was that", she said.

"The ghost is my wife Tess. She died ten years ago. We had been married less than a year and she was expecting a baby. We were both happy and excited about the prospect of becoming parents."

"But then something went wrong. Tess started into labor early and she and the baby were taken from me forever."

"Vincent I'm sorry. I had no idea", she said.
"You don't have anything to appologize for Rachael. It's been ten long years", he said.

All of a sudden Rachael felt her just eaten meal rise into her throat. She grabbed her belly and moaned.
"What's wrong?", he asked.

"Vincent I'm going to have a baby", she said.
"Are you sure?", he asked.
"I've had two babies in the past", she said, "I'm sure."

"That's wonderful Rachael!", he said.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 9:59 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 12

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 12

Over at Castle Dargan, Vincent and Rachael are awaiting the birth of their baby.
"Are you sure it's alright with you about the baby?", she asked.
"Yes, I told you I think it's wonderful", he said.

"Our son will have everything I can afford to give him", he said.
"Our son?", she said, "He might be a daughter, since I already have two of them."
"If this one is another daughter, then we'll have to try agin for a son", he said.

"Vincent, where are you going?", she asked.
"I'm going to take a bath before I retire for the night", he said, "Don't wait up for me. Go on to bed."

Vincent got in the tub and took a warm relaxing bath.

When he finally came to bed, Rachael was already asleep.

He lay down beside her and held her in his arms. He had needs that didn't have anything to do with his being a vampire, but he wasn't about to jeopardize the baby in Rachael's belly by fulfilling them tonight.

The next morning Ralf arrived to deliver the benevolences to Vincent. He unloaded the fish, vegetables and milk from the village.

Vincent went outside when he saw his friend.
"How are you doing Ralf?", he asked.
"Not too bad. I still have trouble getting to sleep at night without my Sarah beside me", he said.
"Yes, there's nothing like having a woman in your bed", agreed Vincent.

"Tell Rachael we want her to come to Raulin and Olivia's wedding this coming Saturday", said Ralf.
"I'll tell her. I know she'd like to be there, if she can make it", he said.

When Vincent came back inside, Rachael asked "What did Ralf have to say?"

"He said to tell you that Raulin and Olivia want you to come to their wedding next Saturday", said Vincent.
"Oh dear, I can't go looking like this", she said.

"You look beautiful Rachael", he said, "When ARE you going to tell your daughters about the baby?"

"I wanted to wait until after it was born. I can't put it off much longer", she answered.

As soon as Rachael went into the other room, she screamed "Vincent, the baby is coming!"

"Rachael, are you alright!", he asked.
"Yes, the pains help the baby to come", she said.

"Vincent, we have a son and he has your dark goodlooks."

Rachael handed the baby to Vincent.
"He's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. What do you what to name him?"
"I'd like to name him Gavril. That was my father's name", he said.
"Then Gavril it is", she agreed.

"I'll give him a bottle, if you'd like to get some rest", said Vincent.
"Thank you. I am rather tired", she said.

Vincent fed his son a bottle of milk.

Then he put Gavril in the crib that had been empty for many many years.
"Sleep well my son", he said.
Then Vincent went to join Rachael.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 10:03 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 13

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 13

At Dargan Castle Rachael was getting ready to leave to go to the wedding.
"I fed the baby and put him in his crib. He should stay asleep until I get back", she said.

"Don't worry so much. I know how to give him a bottle and change his diaper if he wakes up", said Vincent.

Then Rachael left to go to the wedding. All her friends and neighbors would be there. And her daughters of course. She hoped they wouldn't be able to tell she had recently had a baby by looking at her.

By the time Rachael arrived at the church, Father Sullivan was beginning the ceremony.
"Village! We are gathered here in the sight of God and His bounty of Angels to join this man and this woman in a binding of life; it is an honorable estate, ordained in Paradise, and into which holy estate these two persons present come now to be bound."

The priest's words brought back memories of when she and Edward had gotten married. It was hard to believe that she had been so young and in love back then.

As Raulin and Olivia took their vows, Rachael thought about the hopes and plans she had had for her future with Aaron.

She saw Ralf with his plate of food. The villagers must have all donated their share of food for a week to make the wedding as lavish as possible.

Alyson saw her and came over to where Rachael was standing.
She asked "Mother, why didn't you come to visit us last Sunday?"
"I wasn't feeling well and was afraid I might have something you and the others in the village would catch", she explained.
"Will you be coming to visit tomorrow?", asked Alyson.
"Lord Vincent let me miss work today to come to the wedding. I can't ask him for tomorrow off, too", she said.

Ralf came over to thank her for coming.
"I delivered the benevolences to Lord Vincent. I didn't see you around anywhere", he said.
"Lord Vincent told me you had come. I was upstairs doing my chores", she said.

"Hello Rachael", said Father Sullivan, "How is the position as Lord Vincent's housekeeper working out for you?"
"Just fine your holiness", she said, "There's plenty to do and it pays enough for me to support my girls."

"I was hoping to see the Landlord today at the wedding, but I guess he doen't mingle with the peasants", he said.
"Oh, I'm sure he would have liked to come, but he had more pressing matters that needed his attention", she said.
She couldn't very well tell the priest that Vincent was a vampire and couldn't step foot inside the church. And the pressing matter that needed his attention was their infant son.

Rachael was taken aback when she saw Caleb Fenton.

The boy was the spitting image of Ralf. Caleb even had those unusual grey eyes like Ralf's. But who was she to be wondering, if Jonathan accepted him as his own.

Raulin and Olivia left to go home.

Rachael said her goodbyes and left to go back to Dargan Castle.

She saw the newlyweds kissing outside. She hoped their life together would be a happy one.

In the village, Raulin and Olivia were given their own two-room hut. It wasn't much, but to them it was a castle.

After changing into their night clothes, Raulin picked Olivia up in his arms and took her into the bedroom.

He layed her gently onto the bed and kissed her passionalely.

They cuddled and kissed until Raulin could stand it no longer.

"Can we now Olivia", he asked.
"Yes, we've waited so long", she said.

"It was everything I had imagined it to be", she said.
"Me too", said Raulin.

The next morning Ralf was up early hanging fish. He liked to get his chores done early so he could have the rest of the afternoon . . .

To swim in the pond.

"Where you going Garath!", he called.

"My back hurts. I'm going back inside", he said. Garath had never been known to be athletic like his father and Raulin.

Ralf went out to the barn and relaxed on the haystack. The wedding yesterday made him remember when he and Sarah got married. Those were the happiest times of his life.

"Ralf, would you like some company?", asked Abra Ousby.
"Sure come on over", he said.

"What are you thinking about that's making you so sad looking?", she asked.
"The wedding yesterday made me remember how happy me and Sarah were when we was first married", he said.

"I think you should be considering taking you another wife. Ralf, I could comfort you in your time of need", said Abra.

He held her in his arms and kissed her tenderly.

"Abra, I think I better stop while I can. I wouldn't want to do anything that we would regret later", he said.
"I wouldn't regret anything I do with you", she said.
"You should go now", said Ralf.
"You know where to find me if you should change your mind", she said.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 10:09 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 14

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 14

At Castle Dargan, Rachael and Vincent's son Gavril has had his first birthday.

He's an adorable little boy who looks a lot like his father.

Rachael finished his bath before she cleaned up the kitchen from supper.

Then Vincent played with him.

Started teaching him to walk.

He changed his diaper and . . .

Put him in his crib for the night.

Then Vincent lay on his bed and waited for Rachael to join him.

"I could have put Gavril to bed when I finished in the kitchen", said Rachael.
"I didn't mind doing it", said Vincent, "I really rather enjoy it."

He held her in his arms and gave her a lingering kiss and she kissed him back

"Yes", she answered.

"I love you Vincent", she said.

"Yes, I know Rachael", he said.

Then he turned over and went to sleep and Rachael slid over behind him as close as she could.

The next day Vincent continued teaching Gavril to walk.
"Come on, come to me", he encouraged, "You can do it!"

Gavril finally learned to walk.

Vincent was as happy as he had ever been in his life. He loved being a father to Gavril.

Rachael picked up Gavril when Vincent brought him inside.

She gave him a much needed bath.
"You're a smart little boy. Your sisters didn't walk until they were nearly two years old", she told him.
"Sisters?", he asked.
"Yes, you have two of them. Their names are Beatrix and Alyson", she said.

"I'll take you to see them Sunday", she told him.
" Me go Sunday", he said.

Gavril discovered the big wooden box filled with toys.

He got a wooden painted hourse out of the box.

When he saw Vincent, Gavril asked him to read him a story.

The whole time Vincent was reading to him, Gavril stood up to listen.

The little boy started crying and asking to go to bed, so Vincent put him in his crib.

The next Sunday morning Gavril was up bright and early.

He asked Vincent to read him a story.

Gavril enjoys being read to as much as Vincent enjoys reading to him.

When he finished reading to his son, Vincent went to practice chess.

A few minutes later, Rachael called to Vincent, "We're leaving now! I'll be back tomorrow morning as usual."

Vincent ran out onto the porch.
"Where do you think you're taking MY son!", he asked.
"I'm taking him to the village to meet his sisters", she explained.

"He's not going to that nasty place!", Vincent yelled.

"It's alright for the peasants to live there, but it's not good enough for your son to visit overnight?", asked Rachael.

"They're use to it! Do you want Gavril to catch a diease while he's there?", asked Vincent.
"Of course not", she said.
"Well then go on along without him", said Vincent, "You can ask the girls to come here to visit him."

Then Rachael left to go to the village alone.

When Rachael arrived at the village . . .

She waved hello to Ralf who was getting out of the creek.

"Hello Rachael", he said.

"How are you doing Ralf?", she asked.
"Not too bad. I believe it gets a little easier every day", he said.
"I'll talk to you later. I have something that's waited long enough to tell my girls", said Rachael.

Rachael went inside the hut where her daughters lived with the Edgar family.
"Girls I have something very important to tell you", she said.
"What is it Mother?", asked Alyson.
"I have a son, well you two have a little brother", she said.
"How old is he? Where does he live?", they asked.

"He lives at Castle Dargan. Gavril just had his first birthday a few days ago. Lord Vincent is his father", said Rachael.

"Did Lord Vincent force you to do . . . THAT?", asked Alyson.
"NO! He wouldn't do that", she said.

"Mother, you mean you gave your consent! How could you do such a thing?", asked Beatrix.
"It just happened. It's too late to worry about it now", said Rachael.

To keep her hands busy and not wanting to answer anymore questions right then, Rachael fixed something for them to eat.

"Lord Vincent told me to ask you to come to Castle Dargan to visit your little brother", she told them.

"Would you like to go back with me tomorrow?", she asked.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Dsydk11 : 29th Mar 2016 at 8:28 PM.
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 15

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 15

"I have to help Mrs. Edgar change the bedcovers and wash them tomorrow", said Beatrix.
"I promised to go swimming with Garath tomorrow after I finish my chores", said Alyson.
"Well next Sunday, you can come to Castle Dargan to visit instead of me coming here", said Rachael, "Will that be alright with you both?"
"Yes!", they both agreed.

Meanwhile over at Castle Dargan . . .

Vincent is discovering how it feels to have sole responsiblity for the care and entertainment of an active toddler. He played castle with Gavril until the little boy got bored with it.

Then Vincent talked to Gavril.

He read a story to him when he asked.

Gavril finally started to get tired.

Being a true blood vampire gave Vincent the gift of unusual physical strength, but even that didn't help when dealing with a spoiled toddler. He was glad to be able to tuck the little boy in for the night.

He wasn't tired physically, just emotionally drained. Vincent relaxed on his bed and thought about Rachael.

The ghost of Tess came into the room and lay beside him.
"What are you going to do if Rachael doesn't return?", she asked.
"She'll be back tomorrow", he said.
"Dealing with two spoiled little boys might be more than she can handle", said Tess.

"Now that wouldn't be any problem for me", she said coming closer.
"Leave me alone!", he shouted.

"Please Vincent, give me a chance to be a wife and mother. You know how much I was looking forward to it", said Tess.

"You've been dead for ten years. All we had together is gone! I don't love you anymore!", he shouted.

The ghost of Vincent's wife left his bedroom, went back up to the family crypt and disappeared into her urn.

All was quiet, at least for now.

The next morning at the peasant village, Rachael hugs Alyson goodbye.
"I'll see you next Sunday", she said.

Then Alyson was off to talk to Ralf's son Garath.

Rachael waved goodbye to Beatrix who was busy washing clothes.

"My girls are coming to visit me at Dargan Castle next Sunday instead of me coming here", she told Isabel Edgar.
"Oh my, you mean to say that the Lord and master is actually allowing them into his castle?", said Isabel.
"Yes, Lord Vincent told me to invite them", said Rachael.

Rachael waved goodbye to Ralf. He seemed to be doing alright now. He definitely wasn't wanting for female companionship. Abra Ousby and Bridget Edgar were both varying for his attention.

From the looks of things she would guess that Abra had won this round.

If she wasn't in love with Vincent, she might also be thinking about Ralf as more than just a friend.

She walked a little faster just thinking about Vincent and their son waiting at home for her.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 10:26 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 16.1

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 16.1

After a long walk Rachael could see Castle Dargan in the distance. Never in a million years would she have ever thought she would be living there.

"Vincent, I'm home!", she called.

"I missed you Rachael", said Vincent.
"I missed you, too", she said, "Where is Gavril?"
"He's still asleep. I think he likes keeping late hours", laughed Vincent.

Gavril woke up and started screaming for attention.

Rachael went upstairs to take him out of his crib.
"Good morning my beautiful boy", she said.

When she put him down on the floor, he ran over to his toys and started playing.

While Gavril was amused with his toys Rachael took a bath, changed clothes and fixed her hair.

Then she put Gavril in his highchair with a bowl of mush . . .

While she fixed something for herself and Vincent to eat.

"Did you tell your daughters that they have a little brother?", asked Vincent.

"Yes, they're coming Sunday morning to visit", she said, "They took the news better than I had imagined."

That afternoon Vincent caught up on some paperwork at his desk.

While Gavril played with his toys . . .

Rachael started painting a portrait of him. She wanted to be able to remember how he looked as a toddler.

The painting was progressing very quickly.

She stopped to give Gavril a bottle of milk and put him in his crib for a nap.

When she went back downstairs Vincent met her in the hall.
"The portrait of Gavril is a wonderful likeness", he said, "You're a very talented artist Rachael."
"Thank you Vincent. I'd like to paint one of you, if you don't mind posing?", she said.
"I don't mind, if that's what you want to do", he said.

Then Vincent posed for Rachael to paint his portrait.

Vincent soon tired of posing, went over to the piano and started playing.

Rachael continued to paint. She wanted to get as much of the portrait done as possible before Gavril woke up.

Meanwhile at Willow Creek, chores have been done and it's time to enjoy life's little pleasures . . .

Ralf was taking advantage of one of the last warm days before the winter cold came.

Since Ralf enjoyed swimming in the creek so much, Abra decided to make it one of her favorite activities.

Ralf got out of the creek and lounged on the bench under one of the weeping willow trees.

Abra came over and sit down beside him.
"I hope you don't mind if I join you", she said.
"No I don't mind", he said.
"It's nice and warm today but I'm afraid we won't have many more days left that we can swim in the creek", she said.

Abra was both surprised and pleased when Ralf motioned for her to "Come over here".

"You look different today", he said, giving her a questioning look.
"I took the twine out of my hair so it would dry quicker", she said.
"I like it loose like that", he said, "But there's something else that's different."

"Do you think it might be that I've grown up since the last time you saw me", she laughed, nuzzeling his neck.

"You know, I believe that's it", he said, "You're even prettier now."
"Thank you for saying that, but I don't consider myself pretty", she said.
"Why is that?", asked Ralf.
"My skin is too dark and my hair is too curly", said Abra.
"You know something, my Sarah use to complain because she was so pale and her hair was so straight", he laughed, "Women are never staisfied with the way they was born."

Ralf gave her a log and lingering kiss. She was the only woman except for Sarah that he had kissed with such feelings.

Abra returned his kiss with new found feelings of her own.

"I think I better be going on home", she said.
"Goodnight Abra", he said.

Confused by the feelings she had for Ralf, Abra left to go home to give them more thought.

The next Sunday morning Rachael looked out the kitchen window and shouted "Vincent, they're here!"

Alyson and Beatrix had arrived to visit Castle Dargan.

"I'm so glad to see you both", said Rachael, "I thought today would never come."

She gave Alyson a hug.

"You've grown up so beautiful", she said, giving a grownup Beatrix a hug.

When Vincent came outside, Rachael introduced him as Lord Vincent, not sure what she should call him in front of her daughters. The words sounded strange on her lips now.

"Pleased to meet you your Lordship", said Alyson.
"I'm glad to meet you", he said.

"We met before, but you might not remember me", said Beatrix.

"Yes I remember. You came to bring the news of Sarah Wylde's death", said Vincent, "You do look somewhat different than you did."

"You must be my little brother Gavril", said Beatrix, "I'm your big sister."
"Sister", said Gavril.

Beatrix was watching Gavril.

"My little brother is just as beautiful as you", she told Vincent.
"Well, I am his father. That sometimes happens with sons", he said.

About that time, Gavril started laughing excitedly.

Then he grew up into a child.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 10:32 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 16.2

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 16.2

He ran to Vincent and was given a birthday hug.

He grabbed a slice of cake that Rachael had baked as a surprise.

After they finished eating, Alyson played a game of chess with her little brother.

While Rachael cleaned up the kitchen. . .

Vincent entertained Beatrix in the sitting room.
"I hope you and your sister don't have any hard feelings toward me because of the situation with your mother", he said.
"Oh no, Mother is old enough to make her own decisions when it comes to things like that", said Beatrix, "I was surprised when she told us, but I understand how she feels about a man like you."

Gavril came into the room and asked Vincent to play Red Hands

Then he went to bed.

Rachael and Alyson joined Vincent and Beatrix in the sitting room. The girls caught Rachael up on the latest gossip in the village and made polite conversation with Vincent.

Rachael urned down the bed in her bedroom for Beatrix and Alyson to sleep.

The girls were soon sound asleep on the unusually comfortable bed.

By the time Rachael went to bed, Vincent was already asleep. She cuddled up close behind him and went to sleep.

Beatrix was unable to stay asleep in a strange place and being too curious for her own good, decided to explore the castle.

She entered the Dargan family crypt on the top floor.

She walked over to get a closer look at the portrait of a beautiful blonde lady, wondering who she was and how she died.

As Beatrix turned to leave, the ghost of Tess jumped up in front of her and scared her half to death.

She ran into Vincent on her way out.
"What are you doing in here?", he asked.
"I couldn't sleep and just wanted to have a look around", she explained.

To be continued . . .
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 3:58 AM
Wow, I've just discovered this story and I've sat and read to date. Great job on both the story and the pictures!

Sci-fi meets 19th century boarding school story-- Future's Present-- A Sims 3 Story

A random legacy with a rainbowcy theme set in a post apocalyptic world-- Recolour

I now have a blogger-- Kathleen's Sim Stories-- for both my stories for those that prefer to follow and comment there
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 1:37 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde!
Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm glad you're enjoying my story.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 1:48 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 17.1

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 17.1

At Castle Dargan, Beatrix had gone to the family crypt where she had encountered Tess' ghost and ran into Vincent on her way out.

She kissed him tenderly.

"I've been wanting to do that since I first saw you", she said.

Then Vincent held her in his arms and kissed her deeply.
She returned his kiss with yourthful passion.

"I think I need to sit down", she said.

"I understand now why my mother stays here with you", said Beatrix.
"Rachael is free to leave whenever she wants", he said, "I'm not forcing her to stay against her will."

They both turned to look when Tess' ghost appeared.

"Who is that?", asked Beatrix.
"That is or rather was my wife Tess. She died ten years ago", he said.

"I think Tess needs to learn that you don't belong to her anymore", said Beatrix.

Then she kissed Vincent passionately and he returned her kiss.

"I better get back to bed before Alyson wakes up", she said, "I'll see you at breakfast in the morning."
"Goodnight Beatrix", said Vincent.

Beatrix returned to bed quietly without waking Alyson.

When Vincent returned to his bedroom, Rachael was up and waiting for him.

"Where have you been?", she asked.
"I couldn't sleep and went for a walk", he said.

"Did you miss me?", he asked.

He swooped her up into his arms and . . .

Carried her over to the bed and kissed her passionately.

"Yes!", she said.

The next morning, Rachael prepared breakfast. She wanted to make sure her girls returned home with full stomachs.

"Thank you for letting me visit", Alyson told Vincent.
"You were more than welcome. I hope you and your sister will come again soon", he said.

"Goodbye little brother", said Alyson.
"Goodbye Alyson", said Gavril.

Rachael gave Beatrix a hug goodbye.

Then she hugged Alyson goodbye.

"Goodbye Beatrix", said Vincent, "You and your sister are welcome to visit anytime.

Having said their goodbyes, the girls left to go home.

After a long walk Alyson amd Beatrix arrived home.

Alyson could hardly believe her eyes when she saw Ralf playing Punch U-Punch Me with his son Garath. Garath had grown up into quite a handsome man.

"I hardly recognized you Garath", she said.
"I'm the same old me", he said, "Just in a different package."

Then he gave her a friendly hug.

Beatrix had seen right off that Caleb had also grown since she had been gone.
"May goodness aren't you a handsome young man. Do I know you?", she joked.

"Beatrix you know I'm Caleb Fenton", he said.
"Yes I know. I was just having some fun with you", she laughed.

"What did she have to say", Jonathan asked Caleb.
"She just told me how handsome I was since I grew up", said Caleb.
"Well, you better stay away from that one. She's nothing but trouble", he said.

Raulin's wife Olivia made her way across the yard. She's expecting their first baby any day now.

In fact today happens to be that day. She started into labor in front of the apple trees.

"We have a daughter", she said, "Isn't she beautiful?"

She handed the baby to Raulin.

The baby has brown eyes, brown hair and her late grandma Sarah's skintone. They named their daughter Sarah Rebecca Wylde.

Both fanilies came to welcome the new baby and congratulate the parents.

Then Olivia and Raulin took little Sarah home.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 1:51 PM
Default The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Part 17.2

The Life and Times Of Ralf Wylde! Chapter 17.2

A few days later some of the peasants in Willow Creek were sick with the flu. First was Jonathan Fenton.

Next to become ill was the Fenton's son Caleb.

Anne was kept busy caring for her both husband and her son.

Then Ralf's son Garath . . .

And his son Raulin were also taken ill.

Then Ralf started feeling sick and . . .

Was forced to take to his bed.

When her mother told Abra that Ralf and both his sons were sick with the flu, she wanted to do what she could to help.

Not even thinking about the risk to her own health, she hurried to Ralf's bedside.

She prayed that he would be alright.

She didn't know what she would do if anything happened to Ralf.

To be continued . . .
Page 1 of 2