Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 2:06 AM
Default A Faerie Sisters Fairy Tale
I loved this idea but decided to shake it up a little and tell it from the sister's point of view. Hope you don't mind.

Changes made are as follows -
The sister is to find and bring a bride to the castle. The Prince has one month in which to woo her and wed her.

I created the Faerie twins in CAS and then hired a live-in housekeeper.
Prince Tharnn Enth-Kimlye is an aspiring musician with sticky fingers. His LTW is "Possession is nine-tenths of the law."
Princess Lilliana Enth-Kimlye is an aspiring writer with the LTW of "Illustrious Author."
The housekeeper is Deidre McMillan. Her LTW is "The Culinary Librarian" and hates the outdoors.

Of course, it might help if I add the link to the blog I've started, huh?
A Faerie Sisters Fairy Tale
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 7:04 AM
Has anyone tried this challenge except using the 'Add Roommate' function to make the Snatched human into an NPC? As I understand it, you could save your 'snatched' one to the sim bin, and then with testing cheats enabled "Edit in CAS" your new roommate to make them into the snatched one.

I haven't tried it yet, but I was thinking of doing this challenge and using the room mate function to stop me from being tempted to control the snatched one.
Test Subject
#28 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 5:41 PM
This is a wonderful challenge. It's one of my top 3 now. I'll start it today and post pictures a little while later.
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 10:03 PM Last edited by vickiet : 6th Jul 2013 at 11:59 PM.
I can't wait to try this! This is really getting me back into writing stories with the sims! *Runs off to download a bunch of fae themed things*

Note: How does the lifetime wish work for the human girl? Just randomize it?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:08 AM
If the human is locked in the room how can another sim enter the room to interact with her?
Inventor
#31 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim
If the human is locked in the room how can another sim enter the room to interact with her?

I think what was meant was that the door is locked to the human Sim but not to the other Sims.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 9:04 AM
There is a mod on this site that you can lock out certain people from a room and allow others.

Just use search and type door.

Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim
Inventor
#33 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dedreav0531
There is a mod on this site that you can lock out certain people from a room and allow others.

Just use search and type door.

I think that mod is called University Life.

Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I think that mod is called University Life.

For those that don't have University Life...it's called MODoor 4
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=485201

Can also disallow burglars from entering.
Inventor
#35 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dedreav0531
For those that don't have University Life...it's called MODoor 4
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=485201

Can also disallow burglars from entering.

Ah. I was a bit confused there, as I could lock the doors for specific Sims on my vanilla games.

Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Ah. I was a bit confused there, as I could lock the doors for specific Sims on my vanilla games.

I made a dungeon for my vampires hold humans and faes for the vampires to feed from. The door allows you more functionality than just the vanilla games locked door option.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 12:03 AM
Just checked back on the status of the thread and was amazed by your pictures and story, Weatherlaitec! I'm so glad you are all enjoying the challenge! Can't wait to see more pics!
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 7:29 PM
This is something I've gotta try out!! I have pets, just asking if is ok you make a pet companion for the human sim? Or any of the other sims? So they have a friend. Even a fish would be nice!
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 11:59 PM
Short Story
Here is a short story of the girl and how she was caught by the Fae:
Lily (the human girl) woke up one morning. She yawned, then shook her head. Where am I, she thought. Heaven? All of a sudden, she saw fairies playing outside. Then she saw her sister walk by with garbage. "What's happening to me?" she says to herself. All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door....

TO BE CONTINUED
WILL BE CONTINUED!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 2:51 PM
Default Pics From Me! I hope........
Quote: Originally posted by meus_obsequium
Just checked back on the status of the thread and was amazed by your pictures and story, Weatherlaitec! I'm so glad you are all enjoying the challenge! Can't wait to see more pics!

How do you get pics? I'll post pics if I figure out how!!!!!! :D
Test Subject
#41 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 5:35 PM
Default My Sim....is Nuts
My slave fell in love with the male fae O_o
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 3:13 AM
This is very interesting! I can't wait to get started
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 3:42 AM
A good way to keep the human female on the grounds is to put a fence all the way around the property and one or two gates and lock her out.
It worked for mine, she couldn't even get to the hospital when she was having her first child but the rest of the house could. She stood at the gate and had a tantrum until i had to 'force' her back inside.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 5:22 AM
Man, I really want to play this challenge, since it's one of the few interesting ones I've found.

But I'm not sure I can handle basically making a Sim go through Stockholm Syndrome...
Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 2:12 AM
Love this challenge! I'm going to start making LP's on it!
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 5:47 AM
First episode of the Lets Play done & uploaded check it out if you want to. New episodes every Mon/Wed/Fri. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANjo4Rx9cDs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CopperFox
First episode of the Lets Play done & uploaded check it out if you want to. New episodes every Mon/Wed/Fri. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANjo4Rx9cDs

O.O Oh my word! I love your challenge! Watching the first episode right now... again, completely overwhelmed by the creativity of people!

If anyone is interested, I also put up the challenge on my blog , including pictures of the Jareth/Sarah inspired family that I used to test the challenge.

I really need to start checking this thread more often... every time I am blown away!
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 3:42 AM
Default Loving this challenge
My male Fae is Avery Burnside - an Ambitious, Charismatic, Irresistible, Hopeless Romantic Genius. He moved to the family estate in Moonlight Falls (Qube designs fabulous Gothic Manor) with his Artistic, Charismatic, Friendly, Nurturing, Virtuoso sister Mara. His reluctant bride Kira attracted his attention with her Virtuoso skills, so on a grand romantic whim he decided to take her with with him. He knew she'd come around. People always do what Avery wants, eventually. They also took Clive, the family minion (Neat, Natural Cook, Handy, Bookworm, Loner).

It's going really well. Avery is working towards his rightful destiny as Leader of the Free World. He wooed Kira really quickly, and they have one child (disappointingly human) and another on the way. They are not quite Best Friends yet, but there is plenty of mutual passion.

Mara paints (self-employed as a Painter), and spends a lot of time playing music, often with Kira. She loves the parties Avery likes to throw and is confident she will achieve her goal of being a Renaissance Sim - probably Painting, Piano and Charisma.

Kira may well independently reach her Lifetime Wish (One Man Band) as she is up to at least skill level 4 in all 4 instruments by day 10. I got lucky with her random traits (Good, Friendly, Bookworm, Technophobe). She amuses herself by reading, starts conversations with Mara and Avery, and so far her technophobia has manifested only in repeated attempts to break the karaoke machine, perfectly understandable for a Virtuoso.

Clive works hard, and keeps happy by reading recipe books in the little room I made for him in a cellar under the carriage house. He has the Culinary Librarian lifetime wish. He has also learned writing and alchemy for making a few dollars for the family in his spare (huh!) time. I started the family in a very well appointed house, but not much cash, so the bills can be a worry.

I'll add pictures later .
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meus_obsequium
O.O Oh my word! I love your challenge! Watching the first episode right now... again, completely overwhelmed by the creativity of people!

If anyone is interested, I also put up the challenge on my blog , including pictures of the Jareth/Sarah inspired family that I used to test the challenge.

I really need to start checking this thread more often... every time I am blown away!

Awwww shucks thank you <3 So glad you are liking it! Hope I am doing it justice I love your sims! Keep posting!
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 10:05 PM
Default Cool Challenge
This challenge is a different way to play that allows for stories and seems interesting, so I might give it a go.

Someone else might have said this or I may have just been skimming, but a good way to continue this into a legacy playthrough would be to have each male child become the next man of the household, and force a woman to move into the house. I think I'm going to play this way- like father, like son!
Page 2 of 3