Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 6:04 PM Last edited by missroxor : 1st Dec 2012 at 9:40 AM.
Default MTS Official 2013 Calendar Contest: TS2
Official MTS 2013 Calendar Contest: The Sims 2
Do you have high hopes to be featured in a publication but missed your opportunity to secure a spot in the 2012 calendar? Do you often catch your sims doing strange and amusing things? Maybe you have your own blooper reel of all the oopsies that your play sessions have produced. In the spirit of all things lol, we present the LOLSims Calendar Contest. Come join us for a chance to be featured in the Official 2013 Calendar!

Rules
1. 1 picture per entry. You may only enter a category one time but may enter 2 separate categories.
2. Only 30 entrants per category. Please no place holders. Each spot is only filled once the picture has been submitted.
3. CC is allowed. However, please make sure to follow MTS rules for CC; no pay content. If anyone is notified that they have used pay content, their entries will be disqualified. The spots they had will NOT be held.
4. Pictures must be 800px (width) x 600px (height).
Captions are optional; a good caption enhances an already funny photo, while a bad caption will make it less impactful; choose carefully. If you choose to add a caption, any text used should be Arial and white, no bold or italic letters. Black is acceptable as an alternative if you have light backgrounds.
6. When posting your picture, please make sure to include the category it belongs to.
7. Your own original work only, please. Entries found to belong to someone else or that have been posted previously will be disqualified.
8. Once your post has been added to the table, it may not be changed. You may not submit a place-holder, your submission is final. You may not delete it and enter a new category instead, etc. If you choose to delete your entry, you are removing yourself from the contest and no further entries will be permitted from you.
9. Other than captions and resizing/cropping, no photo editing of any kind is permitted.
10. Sims 2 only. For Sims 3 version, please go here.

Categories
  • lolsims – any funny pictures that focus around Teen - Elder sims.
  • lolkids – any funny pictures that focus around Infant - Teen sims.
  • lolpets –any funny pictures that focus around animals of any kind. Supernaturals do not count as pets.
  • lolwhut – any funny in-game pictures that don’t fall into the categories above. This can include: Creator fails, pics without sims or pets, etc.

How to Enter
1. Choose a category and take a picture to represent that theme. It can be a picture you've had lying around for a while but should not be one that you've uploaded previously and MUST be a picture you have taken yourself.
2. Make sure your picture is 800px (width) x 600px (height). If not, re-size it. If the original picture is too big, crop and/or resize. If the original screenshot is too small, be wary of making it larger due to crunchy/blurry pictures.
3. Upload the picture to any image host - Tinypic, Photobucket, Flickr, or ModYourPanties
4. Start a new post on this thread - click Go Advanced, and you can click the little "Insert Image" icon in the toolbar, or just copy-paste the image location into some [ img ] tags. Make sure to include which category your picture is for.
5. Submit your post - doing so will submit your entry. Do not edit or change your entry once it has been submitted.

Duration/Time Period
The contest begins November 1st, as soon as this is posted. Contestants will have until November 30th to post pictures. However, if a category fills up before that date, that category will be closed to new entries so that it can be judged.

Contestants
30 per category maximum

Judging
Judging will be done by a panel of MTS Staff.

Scoring
These are the things that the panel will be looking out for when entries are judged.
  • Comedy Value – Is your picture funny? If a caption was used, does it add to the humour?
  • Originality and Creativity – Originality of idea. Is it the same fail/joke we’ve all seen a million times? Did you do something unexpected?
  • Style and Presentation – Does it look good? Just because it's not your typical photography contest, doesn't mean the pictures have to look awful. Is the lighting appropriate?
  • Rules – CC adherence, no editing, inclusion of category.

Prizes
As always, the blue ribbons for each month’s winner.
Each month in 2013, the corresponding winning image will be posted in site news.
A calendar will be made for download with each winning month.
The light bulb trophy showcased in the news post.
Additionally, winners will receive a purple winner's achievement sticker for their profile. And all entrants will receive a red participation sticker as well.

Chat Thread
If you don’t get a spot in your category, or want to post for more than the allowed amount of categories, or just want to chat about the entries, please post in our Chat Thread!

The picture you post will be your final shot - make it good. Posting a random picture of an internet meme, lolcats, yourself, etc to reserve a spot is not allowed and it will be deleted. If you want to post pictures like that, please see the chat thread linked above. Furthermore, any entries that violate site rules or do not belong to the poster will be deleted and will result in the poster being disqualified.

Once your post has been added to the table, it may not be changed. Do not change the picture, you may not delete it and enter a new month instead, etc. If you choose to delete your entry, you are removing yourself from the contest and no further entries will be permitted from you.

If anyone is notified that they have used pay content, their entries will be disqualified. The spots they had will NOT be held.

Contestant Entries

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 4:56 PM
For our pictures, is Photoshop use allowed?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
For our pictures, is Photoshop use allowed?

Other than captions and resizing/cropping, no photo editing of any kind is permitted.

I'll add this above for clarification.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:44 AM
Not even to make it a bit sharper? With such a size (4. Pictures must be 800px (width) x 600px (height) I guess some people only will get unsharp pictures.
For example: My game doesn't let me take such big pictures and I already have all the settings on its highest. Then I wouldn't have any other choice than to resize it to the rule size here, which automatically will make that picture unsharp. But I can't do something about that because: only resizing and optionally add some text.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 11:53 AM
mirjamsim2love,

you could check out our Screenshot basics and either use an external program or print screen to take your pictures (which is recommended for TS2)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:08 PM
Thnx. Unfortunately it is too late then for the picture I had in mind to enter. That was a by chance picture I can't recreate and would have fit well in this contest.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 2:43 AM
I know this sounds kinda stupid, but how would I upload a picture?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Fanatic2
I know this sounds kinda stupid, but how would I upload a picture?

You need to have a web-based location for the original photo and then you insert the photo using the web address for the location of the photo. For example, you can post the photo to a photobucket account and then in photobucket, you find the URL for the photo. Then create a post in MTS, click insert photo and paste the URL.

Sorry if that isn't 100% clear. I'm not very techie.

I couldn't stay away from my Sims, they help my creative side come out! Taking a break from my RV life to take care of family issues, so Sims helps me to unwind. Let me know what you are up to with your Sims so I can check it out!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 10:41 AM
The "How to Enter" section of the first post might help you there, Sims2Fanatic2.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 5:56 PM Last edited by godspeed : 4th Nov 2012 at 6:16 AM. Reason: Resizing image
I'm about to let my devil out!!!!
lolsims Charles is in bladder desperation and his wife is smiling and joking at him.
Screenshots

In this world people may throw stones in the path of your success, it depends on you ….. What you make from them …… a wall or a bridge.. What's Your TS2 Business?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 6:22 PM Last edited by heaven : 4th Nov 2012 at 3:16 PM.
Default lolwhut
This glitch happened in game when he tried to give a backrub but couldn't turn around. Category: lolwhut

I couldn't stay away from my Sims, they help my creative side come out! Taking a break from my RV life to take care of family issues, so Sims helps me to unwind. Let me know what you are up to with your Sims so I can check it out!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 6:25 PM
Godspeed, your picture is currently 960 x 600 and also includes a border. Before you can be added to the contestant table, you'll need to crop your picture to get it to the right size and remove the photo-editing (border) to comply with the rules.

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 9:32 PM Last edited by porkypine : 3rd Nov 2012 at 9:46 PM.
Default Lolwhut?
LOLWHUT?

Creator Mesh FAIL:
For the High Rollers project, my hubby said, "You need a martini hot tub!" So I tried to make one. However, the Sims' butts stuck out the side, so it ended up being a transparent ice cream Sundae shape but kept the olive swizzle stick. With ice cube steps of course.

p.s. Except for the swim suits and some game furniture props, it is ALL cc that we created for High Rollers.

Here's the final version for Sims2 High Rollers:

p.p.s. Heaven. The original picture was 800 x 490 not 600 so it would pixelate if I stretched it. There's nothing of note at the bottom of the image anyway so I added the plain background for the text. If this is not acceptable just toss the entry.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 9:46 PM Last edited by rainydayz : 3rd Nov 2012 at 9:58 PM.
lolsims

Poor girl, absolutely rank pizza that is a feast for flies, passed out in the foyer for the other tenants to step over in the morning, and on top of all that a left hand buried in the wall.....nice.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 10:20 PM Last edited by whiterider : 3rd Nov 2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Sneakily editing boilerplate before heaven gets me on the table. :P
lolpets, I think. Pingu may not technically be a pet, but he has enough personality for it...

I spotted this in the Llanthes' front garden one winter morning - they started off chatting about soda, but I figure politics is a more bemusing choice of conversation between a penguin and a snowman, especially given the penguin's body language. I do love TS2 sometimes.

Either no CC, or possibly a free wall by iCad.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 12:05 AM
The above picture kind of reminded me about this one (which happened during a photoshoot some two years ago, I think).

This one probably goes into the lolpets category, too.

Not entirely sure about the flowers buried in the snow, as I can't remember where they are from, but other than that there's no CC.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 7:29 AM Last edited by godspeed : 4th Nov 2012 at 8:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Godspeed, your picture is currently 960 x 600 and also includes a border. Before you can be added to the contestant table, you'll need to crop your picture to get it to the right size and remove the photo-editing (border) to comply with the rules.

Do I need to edit the earlier post or have to post in a new thread.

In this world people may throw stones in the path of your success, it depends on you ….. What you make from them …… a wall or a bridge.. What's Your TS2 Business?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 3:17 PM
Godspeed, your edit is just fine. Adding it in now.

Porkypine, please no borders. Saw your note but per the rules, no photo-editing.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 3:48 PM
Thank you heaven and one more thing! can I post one more entry to any of the remaining 3 categories.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by godspeed
Thank you heaven and one more thing! can I post one more entry to any of the remaining 3 categories.

Yes, everyone is invited to submit two entries, as long as the entries are for different categories.

Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 9:51 PM
ok i know many people won't laught at this but her face is sooooo funny.. she was listening to her MP3 and i was like ''turn it off'' and i accidentally paused my game and zoomed her face and couldn't stop laughing i dunno why she's like ''what ya want from mee'' xDD and i'm sorry for the quality of the picture ): i've tried to make it better, but.. no luck ): Category: lolsims
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 12:10 AM
lolsims

Starting a fire using "natural" gas

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 3:33 AM
xxkittyfromhellxx, you're picture is just a tad too large. It's 810 x 608 so you'll probably just want to crop it just a bit.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 4:37 AM Last edited by godspeed : 7th Nov 2012 at 4:38 AM. Reason: Re-inserting font style
lol kids
Excuse me miss..can I get a kiss....
I don,t have a girlfriend but I opt to have one soon I just need to be percect, right!!!
Screenshots

Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 6:55 AM
Default Here's my entry
Here is my entry. It is for the lolsims category. This is my first ever competition. Sorry if the image is a bit blurry.

Everyone else has a signature, so why not me. So "BOOM ", now I instantly look cool. :D Rawrr

Page 1 of 5