Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moonlight Falls.world with Fixes applied

by ellacharmed Posted 14th Oct 2012 at 2:51 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:50 AM by ellacharmed : elaborate on the "What is this" section

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:18 PM
At the present, Moonlight Falls is my favorite world to play, so thank you for sharing your fixes!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:31 PM
No clue if it would work properly, but might it be possible to use some xml editing so that the game loads the .world file out of a package file? It would make it immune to any EA update issues, and reverting to a backup (if EA decided to change things around or something) as simple as moving the .package file away. Just an idea. Lol.

~Leviathan
-------------------------
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 6:04 PM
Thanks for these fixes. Been meaning to give your collection a go for a long while. But game has so many glitches and niggles tucked away in almost every part, it's hard to know what mods and fixes to go for first. Sometimes get the feeling the game is held together with twigs and bubblegum and it's a miricle it works at all. Just one quick question. Do the changes take effect on a pre-saved Moonlight Falls? Have been playing Moonlight for two weeks and changed a lot of things around town, will this mod still take effect?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 3:51 AM
There's no need to go to such lengths, @isavegas.

Just follow the instructions in the Edit Pre-made Worlds thread and import a .world into CAW and then export and install it as a custom world in your game. But then, you have to start a new Save, your old Saves won't be recognized as being part of this .world anymore.

@coolspear1,
yes the Saves would pick up any changes in the .world as long as it is still an EA default .world in the \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\ path.

And not a Save based on an EA .world version that is installed as a 3rd-party-modified content that exists in Document\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds\
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 1:13 PM
Do you have any plans or reasons not to release a version WITHOUT the road intersection alteration included?
I know I should be able to do this myself with the resources from your other thread only when I have tried myself in the past with the Bridgeport files it created horrible lot tears and patches of missing road. When I used the "finished" version you posted it worked without issue.

Also, you may want to correct your removal instructions as they are still referring to Starlight Shores at the moment.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Do you have any plans or reasons not to release a version WITHOUT the road intersection alteration included? ... Also, you may want to correct your removal instructions as they are still referring to Starlight Shores at the moment.
Qn#1: if there's enough interest, but most likely not on MTS, as it would be confusing. I could upload to the box.com account; but it would need to be renamed, and not just plopped (or something), as the MF.world is already uploaded. I need to think on it. Maybe in a subfolder?

Qn#2: thanks for the reminder! I thought I edited everything.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 4:58 PM
Since installing this world (correctly) into my EA folder I am now experiencing the blue screen of death and my pc restarts. I have got variousd mods by Twallan but they have NEVER caused this before so I don't think it is them as it only happened after I used your world. Any ideas please?

But despite this thank you for doing this Ellacharmed! :o)
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 5:07 PM
What is the BSOD code?

Confirm something for me? Remove the fixed .world file and revert to the original, BSOD gone?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 9:27 PM
with seasons EA is giving us the festival lots to place when entering in the world on our saves and already placed into new ones, right? will it conflict with the fix?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 5:57 AM
My answer: "it depends".

As a user, here's the elaboration of above statement:
If we go by how other Community Lot "Venues" are handled in the past, since Ambitions introduced them, no it won't conflict (I hope). Unless EA changes how this is handled in Seasons or the accompanying patch.

As a modder:
I won't know until I get my hands on the pack, as I'm not psychic. Nor do I have an "in" with EA to get early-bird news or a preview version.
But then again, all the venues so far are either auto-placed on pre-existing empty Lots and have no bearing on the fixes. As it has no connection to the resources I modify. So, as long as you have empty Lots in your Saves of the world, the Lots can be placed.
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 12:58 PM
Hi Ella! I'm having an awful time trying to extract your world. I d/led it to a folder on my desktop. I double clicked the first file to open it and chose to extract it to the same folder for now. My problem now is that when I went to part 2, the file inside the zip is identical to part 1 and I get the prompt "this file already exists Moonlight Falls world. Would you like to replace the existing file?" I've tried following the instructions, but it's not working. Where do I extract the diff parts?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 8:35 PM
You don't need to extract each individual part. If you rename them correctly then unpacking the part 1 file will read and extract all of the parts into one single file.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 2:00 AM
Oh OK, Thanks! So, when I put this file into my game, it will be complete? I'll try it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 2:10 AM
Thank you so much. Because of reading your post, I was able to easily learn why cc was so difficult for me to do. It was not as confusing as my previous attempts to install cc from MTS. Too busy to think clearly. Thanks again
Instructor
#16 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 5:54 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 21st Oct 2012 at 2:05 PM.
I have one more question. Will this world work if I don't have supernatural?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
Will this world work if I don't have supernatural?
No, it won't.
Instructor
#18 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 2:06 PM
OK, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 5:29 PM
So after applying this mod, it seems the Fire Alarm for the firefighters doesn't have any audio. And there is no for model, just a burnt spot where the fire should be. Not sure if this is related, but any insight would be appreciated.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 6:48 PM
This is not a mod, per se. It does not go into the /Mods/Packages folder.

Remove the fixed world and let me know if the thing is still happening in the original or just in the fixed version.

You have done the standard troubleshooting, yes? Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
If it still happens in a Save with the original Moonlight Falls.world restored, and you've ruled out CC by completing all steps in the Game Problem FAQ, then post in Sims Help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 9:15 PM
thanks for your hard work. No lag is good lag.
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
This is not a mod, per se. It does not go into the /Mods/Packages folder.

Remove the fixed world and let me know if the thing is still happening in the original or just in the fixed version.

You have done the standard troubleshooting, yes? Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
If it still happens in a Save with the original Moonlight Falls.world restored, and you've ruled out CC by completing all steps in the Game Problem FAQ, then post in Sims Help.

I figured it out. it was the no mosaic mod. i removed that and everything is fine.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:20 AM
Thanks very much for this! It smoothed out my Moonlight Falls gameplay quite a bit.

This is actually the first time I've read about this problem, but now that I know, I'm definitely going to spend some time with your Wiki how-to and learn how to fix these issues myself. Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:01 AM
Thank you for your hard work!! Are you gonna make one for Sunlit Tides? That'd be awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:12 PM
When I go to unzip the package files, it tells me for parts 2-7 that there are no files to process. I am not sure what I am doing wrong? It's a recurrence for me when I do multi-part world files.
Page 1 of 3