Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:01 AM
You are so cute. lol Ok, in the top left, there is a button. What does it look like exactly, or is it all that's there? I have finished this, and 35,000 was not easy. lol
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#52 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:34 AM
Lol, round blue button with an i on it. It's the only button there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:04 AM
Ok, I found it and I could bring up the lot information but could not take a photo while I had it open. I tried printing screen and everything I could think of. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?
Theorist
#54 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:47 AM
Are you on a Mac or a PC? If you're on a Mac, hold down Command-Shift-3 all at the same time, and a picture will be on your desktop when you quit the game. If you're on a PC, you can press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, but then you have to paste it somewhere. (Hitting "Print Screen" is like saying "Copy.")

There are also screenshot programs out there, but someone else will have to give you info on those...

Good luck!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:03 PM
I have a brand new Acer with windows 7. The print screen option didn't work for me. I have never used a Mac, so at this point I am totally at a loss. Thank you for the information. I guess I should move aside and let others join this and just sit out until I can figure this out.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucia940
I have a brand new Acer with windows 7. The print screen option didn't work for me. I have never used a Mac, so at this point I am totally at a loss. Thank you for the information. I guess I should move aside and let others join this and just sit out until I can figure this out.

You could use a program like Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/). It's a very simple image viewer that has a lot of neat functions - including screen capture. Somewhere in the thread someone has mentioned FRAPS, which also captures screens.

But you mentioned you have Windows 7... So I found this, it seems W7 has something that helps you doing that: http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/...s/snipping-tool

I hope you can make it and join the contest =D
Field Researcher
#57 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:24 PM
Do we have to stick to the traditional suburban style of Pleasantview? For example, if we changed the theme of Pleasantview to - say - a tropical neighbourhood, and all of the houses we entered for the contest in each the rounds stuck to that theme, would that be allowed?

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:28 PM

I use FRAPS, It's free and the shots go straight into their own folder so easy to find. The free version only takes bmps though and MTS needs them changed to jpegs. I do that in GIMP (also free) It would be a shame not to enter after you have all ready.

What happened when you used print screen?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
You could use a program like Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/). It's a very simple image viewer that has a lot of neat functions - including screen capture. Somewhere in the thread someone has mentioned FRAPS, which also captures screens.

But you mentioned you have Windows 7... So I found this, it seems W7 has something that helps you doing that: http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/...s/snipping-tool

I hope you can make it and join the contest =D

I have the snipping tool and it does not capture what I am looking at in game, just on the computer desktop. I tried greenshot and only captures my desktop while I'm in game. I am really frustrated . Thank you for your help. but with my lack of this type of knowledge, I don't think I will be joining the contest. I have my entry finished too.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I use FRAPS, It's free and the shots go straight into their own folder so easy to find. The free version only takes bmps though and MTS needs them changed to jpegs. I do that in GIMP (also free) It would be a shame not to enter after you have all ready.

What happened when you used print screen?

It took shots of my actual computer screen only. It can't take shots of in game play, paused or not. The snipping tool does the same thing. Neither does video. I have been up all night trying to fix this. UGG! lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#61 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:26 PM
I've heard of that happening but forget what causes it. Try FRAPS if you haven't already. http://www.fraps.com/download.php The photos all go into a folder on C drive.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:40 PM
Default Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I got fraps and it worked!!! I have the image I needed. My paint program doesn't want to remove the red pause lines and I hope that isn't going to be an issue. I have been up all night and thank goodness you had a very simple and awesome answer!! I can't thank you enough!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:43 PM
It took shots of my actual computer screen only. It can't take shots of in game play, paused or not. The snipping tool does the same thing. Neither does video. I have been up all night trying to fix this. UGG! lol

Go ahead and post your application without it. You can keep playing around and see if you can figure it out. If you can't you can still enter, we'll just have to take your word. If you don't have the pic and we think you may have gone over budget (like if you have a big fancy pool, a flat screen in every room and 6 cars, lol) you may be docked points on the budget section, but hopefully you can figure out how to get the pic :D

And w_sims, you can do it in whatever style you want, assuming it doesn't conflict with the family (first round and on).
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:48 PM
I had some really great advice all night long and I got fraps and it worked. I have the shot I needed. It won't remove the red pause mode lines though. Not very easily anyway. It's not like PSP, it's just my W7 paint program. I hope that isn't an issue. Is there a limit on photos and in what order do I place them in the application post? I am a complete NOOB! lol Any and all help is so very welcome. Having Lupus doesn't help either. When I learn all of this, I will teach my granddaughter. lol
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:10 PM
I had some really great advice all night long and I got fraps and it worked. I have the shot I needed. It won't remove the red pause mode lines though. Not very easily anyway. It's not like PSP, it's just my W7 paint program. I hope that isn't an issue. Is there a limit on photos and in what order do I place them in the application post? I am a complete NOOB! lol Any and all help is so very welcome. Having Lupus doesn't help either. When I learn all of this, I will teach my granddaughter. lol

You wont get docked for the pause lines, if they are just in that one pic, since it's giving you so much trouble. It doesn't matter what order they are in, you can post up to 8.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:23 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 8th Oct 2012 at 4:15 PM. Reason: Killing My Entry
Default My Application
Please delete my entry. I am so sorry. I just cannot do this. When I have learned more about MTS and this board and other things I will return. Thank you for your help and kindness.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:30 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 8th Oct 2012 at 4:16 PM.
Default Larger Lot Price
Please delete this one too. Thank you and again I am so sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
You wont get docked for the pause lines, if they are just in that one pic, since it's giving you so much trouble. It doesn't matter what order they are in, you can post up to 8.

I posted too many and there are red lines in more than one. I can delete some. I am so sorry for the trouble. Perhaps I should have sat out. I have never done this before and I have just been playing about a year this month. Thank you for your kindness. I will correct it.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:37 PM
You need to choose just 8 pics, the one with the lot value and the one from the top where you can see the rooms are the required ones, other than that it's up to you. The 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th ones aren't really needed or don't show it as nicely, so I would suggest removing those. Plus you need to put them in-line as well. Click to edit your post, and then click the attachments tab, click the link for each screenshot individually to open in a new tab, copy the address, and then back at your message, there is a little button at the top with a "photo" on it, click it and it will ask you for the link, paste the address from your pic here and then it will show up in your post Hope that was fairly well explained, lol. I'm not the best at giving directions...

You're no trouble at all, part of this contest is about learning Glad to help, if you never try it, you'll never learn. This just means you'll be a pro for the next contest
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:39 PM
You need to choose just 8 pics, the one with the lot value and the one from the top where you can see the rooms are the required ones, other than that it's up to you. The 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th ones aren't really needed or don't show it as nicely, so I would suggest removing those. Plus you need to put them in-line as well. Click to edit your post, and then click the attachments tab, click the link for each screenshot individually to open in a new tab, copy the address, and then back at your message, there is a little button at the top with a "photo" on it, click it and it will ask you for the link, paste the address from your pic here and then it will show up in your post Hope that was fairly well explained, lol. I'm not the best at giving directions...

There are now 8 all together. The lot price picture and front of the house is under the 7.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:43 PM
There are now 8 all together. The lot price picture and front of the house is under the 7.

That's better, but try to get them in-line Also, instead of posting several new posts in row (or "double-posting" which is a forum no no) just keep editing your last post, unless someone has commented after you, in which case a new post is fine. Also your pics are really small, do you think you could get them bigger?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 4:05 PM
That's better, but try to get them in-line Also, instead of posting several new posts in row (or "double-posting" which is a forum no no) just keep editing your last post, unless someone has commented after you, in which case a new post is fine. Also your pics are really small, do you think you could get them bigger?

The photo's have to be under a certain weight and this is the size I have. I can try to enlarge them. You can't see them very well when you click on them?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 4:26 PM
This looks very interesting and challenging! It has been awhile since I played Sims 2 and will need to reinstall it. I'll get my application in asap!!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 4:43 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 8th Oct 2012 at 5:03 PM.
Default Help with in-line pics
I've taken some screenshots to try and help explain in-line pics Don't worry it took me a while to figure it out too.

Hopefully this helps. Lucia940, are you using photoshop or gimp or something for your pics? I use gimp so if you happen to be using that I can help you make the pics bigger and still keep them under the kb limit, but I don't know much about photoshop or any other programs like it.

PS: Lipe2k love the contest plug in your siggy, hilariously worded :D
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 5:28 PM
I just use my paint program on W7. I don't have photo shop or gimp. I can enlarge them but need to watch the weight. I took all of my application pictures down and now I need to go chase them down and try again. Thank you for the help. I will need to re-read it to make sure I got it. This is going to take me a little while. So, I chase down my photo's and then resize them all and then place them here in an application in a line. I'll try again. :-)

Page 3 of 45