Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#26 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 6:39 AM
I'll upload the lots to my site as the general policy for lots here at MTS doesn't allow makeovers. Find the link on my profile page for my site. No registration required to download, so you can snatch and run.
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
For those of who aren't very good at photoshopping can we just put up a screen shot of the front with the amount interfacing showing?

Yes, that would be ok.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 9:49 AM
Thank you HugeLunatic! *bear hugs*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 10:01 AM
I edited my last post and put my pictures up there. I cropped it and put the price up by itself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#30 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 1:16 PM
I started my makeover (this is really fun, by the way!) and I thought of a couple of other questions as I went.

1. As long as we keep the original windows/doors in their original places, are we allowed to place additional windows/doors?

2. Terrain height changing is not allowed, but what about terrain paints? Is terrain painting cool?

Muchos gracias :D

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
I started my makeover (this is really fun, by the way!) and I thought of a couple of other questions as I went.

1. As long as we keep the original windows/doors in their original places, are we allowed to place additional windows/doors?

2. Terrain height changing is not allowed, but what about terrain paints? Is terrain painting cool?

Muchos gracias :D

Glad you like it And no you can not add doors or windows, you can only swap out whats there. And yes terrain paint is fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 2:34 PM
Did my entry get seen?

Also I should have asked, but in that little box area I turned it into a wardrobe by adding a door.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 2:46 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 5th Oct 2012 at 2:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did my entry get seen?

Also I should have asked, but in that little box area I turned it into a wardrobe by adding a door.

Yes, and welcome to the contest! What a fun and colorful home Very nice. As for the door, if this was for a score you would have been docked, but as the application is just for practice, it's no big deal :D

Only need 7 more contestants! Still need judges too!

A little over a week to get contestants and judges! Just give it a go! Or if you'd rather, judge! Really want to be able to keep this contest going!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 5:44 PM
How can I become a judge?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quantum_Reality
How can I become a judge?

Just attach a picture of a room in any house that you've decorated, and a pic of the front of any house you've decorated :D
#36 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:16 PM
Here's my application. I literally just started using FRAPS and GunMod's hack about an hour ago, so I hope I did everything correctly (those tools are unbelievably awesome btw!).

I think the clarity went down a little because I resized the pics (they looked giant but maybe I was wrong, I dunno). I hope the lot value thingy is clear enough, if not I can crop a clearer version.

Also, I just wanted to ask if we'll be penalized if we don't use ceiling tiles? I don't have AL, I've got the downloadable versions but I'm still learning how to use those things. Just wanted to ask :-)

And away we go....

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 9:52 PM
Welcome to the contest GlorianaGlowbee! It's not a big deal, but do you know how to use cameraman mode? Look in Camera Controls It allows you take take picture with out the user interface and pause border. It just makes for better pics Also I love your Yoshi blanket
#38 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Welcome to the contest GlorianaGlowbee! It's not a big deal, but do you know how to use cameraman mode? Look in Camera Controls It allows you take take picture with out the user interface and pause border.

Thanks for the link info. I'll definitely be playing around with the camera stuff between now and the first round, hopefully they will be looking quite spiffy soon.

And just asking again about the ceiling tile thing? Will they be mandatory or just considered a style bonus? Danke schoen!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 12:22 AM
Sorry I had meant to answer that but forgot. No it's not mandatory, since it requires a EP. This contest is designed to be base game friendly :D
Field Researcher
#40 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 3:45 AM
I'd love to take part in this as a contestant, but it's taking longer and longer (hours!) and many restarts to convince my computer that the correct disc is in the drive

SO...I'd like to be a judge instead. I know exactly which room and which house for the pics...but it's currently half 3 in the morning here (I intended to only have a quick look on MTS - always the way) so um, I'll search through the folders for the pics I'm certain I already have of them once I wake back up lol

I was going to ask a question, but can't think what it was now...

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 3:51 AM
Would be glad to have you, Croutonian! Just attach your pics when you can, but I know you have wonderful artistic talent because of the scrapbooking contest :D
Field Researcher
#42 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 6:18 AM
This seems like a great contest. I love seeing people redecorate the horrible houses EA makes. It reminds me of the old contest at MATY where contestants tried to fix the worst EA houses. Everybody so far has done an amazing job.

I would like to apply to be a judge. For qualifications, I was a contestant in the Build to Plan house building contest on this site and in the Scrapbooking contest also on this site. Also, I like to build houses.

Here are couple exterior and interior shots of houses I’ve built:

And since I misunderstood and thought that I had to redecorate the 1st house to be a judge here is my unfinished attempt at redecorating this house:

Field Researcher
#43 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 10:35 AM
Here's my attachments then

The exterior is actually Morley and Bithiah's semi-treehouse that they were living in during the scrapbook contest...and the interior is from a church that I renovated for the Goths.
Screenshots

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 2:38 PM
And we have 3 judges! Would still like to have an emergency judge, though. Still need 6 more contestants! I know we can do it! If we all add it to our signatures, we might get more people
Instructor
#45 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 8:22 PM
Can we add driveways, pools, and more flooring to the walkways and patios outside?
Theorist
#46 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:00 AM
I'm applying for this contest.

I swapped out doors and windows, but the original number, size, and placement are intact. I also added a fireplace, as we were told that chimneys were OK.

I hope the size is acceptable -- my screenshot program won't take them any larger, and I had to crop them just a tiny bit to get rid of the red "pause" lines.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aaries16
Can we add driveways, pools, and more flooring to the walkways and patios outside?

That's all fine, just no decking. And no garages, just driveways.

and welcome to the contest esmeiolanthe!
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:32 AM
Emergency judge here! Thanks for telling me about this site and the contest.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:34 AM
Welcome, Dredpa04! (My simming friend who I've finally brought over to join us here in the MTS world!) Ok folks, we just need 5 more contestants by Saturday! We can do it! Keep 'em coming!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 7:08 AM
In build or buy mode it's up the left top. You click on the 'round blue thing' to open lot information.

~Call me Jo~

Page 2 of 45