Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Starlight Shores.world with Fixes applied

by ellacharmed Posted 30th Jul 2012 at 7:43 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:51 AM by ellacharmed

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 8:24 PM
Woot! Been waiting for this one. My game is a little more stable from this day forward.

Would it be possible to get these for downloaded neighborhoods such as Lucky Palms, or would that be considering pirating since you are giving people the world file?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
Woot! Been waiting for this one. My game is a little more stable from this day forward.

Would it be possible to get these for downloaded neighborhoods such as Lucky Palms, or would that be considering pirating since you are giving people the world file?

It's technically all illegal. But it's nondestructive. You need to just find the resources and do it yourself for Lucky Palms.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 10:29 PM
Thank you SO much for this.
Starlight Shores is probably the one world I haven't really experienced any lagging in but now this should guarantee it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 5:28 PM
I cannot thank you enough for this. I still have an occasional 5-6 seconds of lag but so far haven't had a CTD. I've seen instructions on how to fix the routing problems in Starlight Shores but since most of the required programs don't work on a Mac I was so hoping someone would update the world and post it. Thank you again!!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 7:42 PM
I've been wanting to start a legacy challenge and couldn't decide where to put down roots; I think you just made my decision a lot easier. Thank you so much for this!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 5:37 AM
Downloaded it twice, both times 7zip states corrupt file--- could you check, please? Thanks for the effort anyway.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 6:17 AM
It is fine at my end, @meyomey.
What version of 7zip do you have? Are you downloading files one-at-a-time? The corrupt file error is for ALL the files?
Tried with WinRar?

I just downloaded all over again and extraction with either tool works for me.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 3:49 PM
I had no problems downloading either and I used WinRAR to extract them.
I'm here to report that there have been no visible errors in my game since adding this in so all looks good.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 4:36 PM Last edited by SpineRaker : 19th Aug 2012 at 5:56 PM.
I want this, but part2 and part9 are both 404'ing for me. Anyone have a mirror for them? (or perhaps if Ellacharm is listening it can be fixed? ^_^)

EDIT: Nevermind--fixed itself apparently :D.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:32 AM
Wow! That was fast! Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 6:43 PM
Extracted fine here using 7-Zip. If I were to see 404 errors, the first thing I would check and triple check was whether or not I renamed the individual files correctly being 404 is a 'file not found' error code.

Even using Overwatch I get lag so I'm hoping this might help fix the problem. I'll report back with my results. No news is good news as it probably means I'm engrossed in good game play and forgot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 7:27 PM
Thanks, you just made my game a lot smoother.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:38 PM
Can you do this again with moonlight falls AKA the town that comes with "The Sims 3: Supernatural"?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 8:29 PM
Didn`t know it was bugged. Buggering over to the other thread to see what`s wrong with the original, whilst simultaneously downloading this. Thanks!

Edit: Huh. It seems like such minor stuff, what this fixes, yet minor errors are oft the most aggravating. I`ve noticed a really weird routing issue near the beach lots in my game; I assume this will fix it, as this is exactly the kind of thing that the description over in the other thread says is getting fixed, but does it work for existing saves, or only for new ones?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 2:41 AM
I LOVE when you do these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 8:14 AM
Definitely trying out my first legacy family here! Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 6:02 PM
won't work for me. i put file into folder where it belongs, i deleted old cache files and start the game, but when i'm in the game and i press New game on Starlight Shores, game crashes. need some help! Please
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 4:15 AM
So take out the item again (or rename it to revert to the original), and restart the game. Does it still crash or no longer crashing?
If no longer crashing, show me the path where Starlight Shores.world is and the contents of the folder.
If still crashing with this item gone, then the issue is not caused by this and you need to post in Sims 3 Help forum to get help for your crashing.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 1:14 AM
Part 6 leads me to a 403 error.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 12:14 AM
I've seen these fixes for a long time but have never used them before...was thinking about doing so now. Did I read the instructions correctly that, every time a new patch is released for the game, I have to reverse the renaming process, patch, and then go through the renaming again? If so, that means I would have to do that for every world I've applied these fixes to. Is that correct? Is the fix really worth the trouble?

FYI - all parts of the files downloaded quickly and completely for me....
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
Did I read the instructions correctly that, every time a new patch is released for the game, I have to reverse the renaming process, patch, and then go through the renaming again? If so, that means I would have to do that for every world I've applied these fixes to. Is that correct?
It is just a precaution, but usually not necessary. The instructions are there if ever anyone gets an "Invalid File Error" that points to a .world file. So far, I've never encountered such an issue when patching. But never say never in the EA game-world.

As, as of patch 1.50, EA has never updated a world file, as in provide us with a new version of the .world file instead of however they are doing it.
I'm still stumped on what they did with Bridgeport as the patch notes claimed something, but I couldn't find anything that's been touched, or I'm looking at the wrong places.

Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
Is the fix really worth the trouble?
As for that bit. It is entirely up to you. No one would force you to do it or anything. How much do you value smooth gameplay versus jerky intermittent freezes, for example?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 6:31 PM
Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 12:47 PM
Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:48 AM
Thank you