Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Face- In TS3 revised non default Wild Edition V2

by Navetsea Posted 30th Jul 2012 at 2:17 PM - Updated 4th Aug 2012 at 2:08 PM by Navetsea

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 4:24 PM
I'm glad you are active!!! Which means that we would get great skins for playing Supernatural EP (like your wonderful TS2 set!) I'm wishlisting on you, Navetsea!! As for this skin, you are right, freckles don't look good on darker tones, it's cool!! But what else could we expect from the greatest of the greats!! XD TS2 creator over TS3 creator any day!! ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 4:37 PM
Great Job Thanks!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 5:41 PM
I love your bodies skin very much, it is the best I have ever seen. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 6:09 PM
These are beautifully painted and sculpted...wow
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 7:24 PM
Your skins are my favorite.

Like Jasumi said, I think your body skins are simply the best ones available for TS3. The level of detail is astounding - and I like the idea of the skin changing details as you move along the color ramp.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 9:00 PM
OMG so much detail they look like REAL skins....this might just be my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing your talents!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 9:48 PM
As everything you do, this skins are superb. I will definately trade some of my actual ones in edit in CAS. Thanks!
Instructor
#9 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 3:59 AM
I'm a big fan of your skin! In Skyrim too, I wonder why in The Sims 3, we can't have a high detailed skin like those in Skyrim? Beside of skin texture, do you have any future plan to edit The Sims 3 bump mapping skin, like you did in Skyrim?

I also want to suggest to separate the body hair from the body skin, and put it to CAS body hair section. What do you think? You can put as many variety as possible, from the thin to extreme thick.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 4:28 AM
These are really interesting--and well done! Not downloading now because my game is not currently operational, but will do so at some point in the future!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 4:59 AM
Navetsea is back!! I see you didn't lose your touch at all, in fact you're still as impressive as your Sims 2 days :D
Can't to try this amazing skintone, and definitely looking forward your futur masterpieces!!
Hopefully you work on fighting games characters again, a conversion of your Orochi Leona and Angel from KoF would be EPIC :D
Cheers
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:05 AM
Thank you to all of the nice comments I appreciate them deeply, now answering some questions
- yes I can't wait to try making supernatural textures, since I love horror genre
- bump mapping in TS3 is somewhat low resolution or something, or maybe their rendering is much lower than skyrim, I tried to make a rough texture once and it turn patchy instead, the same case with bodyhair, it will appear very nice in CAS, but turn ugly in game rendering especially around the edges, it always turn rough and pixelated can't blend properly with overlaid skin underneath, so far TummyZa has the best body hair layer I know of although it is kinda thick, but to make it thinner is just very difficult somehow due to game's rendering .
- with TS3 morphable body fitness and jonha+delphy sliders to sculp the body even more, it would make cool and sexy looking fighting game characters.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:20 PM
These are divine! Thanks for sharing...and I'm going to check out your special launch version as well. Cheers!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 11:51 PM
lol Very kinky.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 2:59 AM
How do you use this in the game?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmy_1127
How do you use this in the game?

The same way you use any non-default skintone.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 2:24 AM
Very nicely detailed, I must say!
Instructor
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 5:37 PM Last edited by Celebriton : 3rd Aug 2012 at 6:04 PM.
@Navetsea
I saw someone posted a trick to increase sims texture in game render in MTS forum, by modify the GraphicsRules.sgr, but I forget the link. I tried to search using Google, but just found this link:

aWT's The Sims 3 HQ Modification. It modify GraphicsRules.sgr, to increase the sims texture size to 2k x 2k, similar to those in Skyrim in high quality.
http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/03/ts3-hqmod.html

For the bump mapping, Abnormal SIM Simulation Center have it. It add bump mapping for nipple and genital.
http://mahamudosim3x18.blogspot.com...66d3b0e0bb271ac

May you should modify a little above EA default layer, especially the stomach muscle and fat around the body, to match with your skin. It may be will look cool. EA default female skin has something wrong at lower part of stomach bump mapping.

I have a special request. Your skin is quite dark at the brightest level. I want to make sims as white as possible like in reality. May be you should increase the brightness skintone slider at the left side. What do you think?

Btw, I downloaded your new skin in SXS2. But it seems you forget to upload the Wild version.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 1:33 AM
thanks Celebriton for the input
actually I have tried #aWT's S3HQ, but I'm afraid at this point it is not mainstream yet, it would be difficult to be dependent of it and asking people that new to the game to get it.

I also use that bump mapping from Abnormal Sim, but since I shifted the male nipple to the center a little so I could make the side of the pecs more angular, I only use the "Buhudain_amBody-P_Only_Map1+2-Normal-DR"

Thanks for inform me that my skin at SXS passed, I didn't know that yet, somehow my hairy skin when packed in .rar (sxs2 is still using old uploading format and doesn't accept .7z) is a little bigger than 10mb which is the maximum file size there.
but you can get it from my other posts (ISA, GoS, BAS sites)

I'll play around with the ramp, maybe I should turn the beginning into pale bluish so when overlaid with pinkish texture it would turn grey.

Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 8:31 AM
Dear Navetsea,
A new male nipple normal map compatible to your revised skin has been made. You may take a look of it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 2:02 PM Last edited by Navetsea : 4th Aug 2012 at 2:21 PM.
thank you mahamudo!

this skin is now fully compatible with this custom normal map, please check this out, it will add pleasant details to the skin:
http://mahamudosim3x18.blogspot.com...18a11b3dd231801

Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:33 AM
Will females have a hairy chest with this skin, then? I love your skins... keep up the good work. Really is appreciated so much!
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 5:47 AM
oh no, female won't have hairy chest, they will have slight fuzz not developing male pattern hair, no

thanks

Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 4:23 AM
Nice skin!
By the way, does this skin confilct with body hair in Generations?
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 12:01 PM
no, body hair is overlay, and generally doesn't look right in game somehow due to ingame rendering.

Page 1 of 2