Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 9:27 PM
hello hello~~ okay so I have an update for you guys.

Note how Goopy was burning alive and Nail, Goopdroid, and Tyler were in the room right beside it, chatting away. Tyler was the only one who even noticed that his father was burning alive ):
For about a day, Naila and Gooproid had servo/human affairs but it got weird when she met her new husband, Hroaldr Atlason

He moved in with 15 thousand simoleons, and was a high school teacher. I rolled his career and it was standard-my choice so he kept his position. He also got a makeover.
After he was moved in, it was around 9pm and he and Naila spent most of the night getting to the marriage point.

They engaged and soon after married in Goopy's graveyard. At that point, I did some SimBlend magic and set Hroaldr as Tyler's father, because Hroaldr came into Tyler's life while he was still a toddler and therefore there's plenty of time for him to come to associate Hroaldr as a father figure.

On Tyler's birthday, he proved to be a really cute kid, with his pink pj's and floofy black hair. But the ghost of Goopy was still lurking. Goopy keeps frightening Tyler and no one else.

Over the course of a few days, Goopdroid was deactivated and then moved out, Naila got pregnant, and Hroaldr and Tyler got the flu. But then, in the middle of the night, they got a very...special visitor.

He stole two rugs, the poker table, the chess table and woke up Tyler so he could steal the very bed he slept in! Luckily, Hroaldr woke up and called the police in time for the burglar to be caught and for insurance money to be doled out. Funny enough, now the burglar keeps calling the house wanting to talk to Tyler.
And after the police left? Tyler's little sister Haelga was born. I forgot to take a picture of her though. It's weird, because she has one of Trapping's dark tone tiger skin, when both of her parents are medium-light skinned. Naila has one of Trapping's freckly blend skins,so I guess the pool of genetic skins has the tiger skins in there too? I dunno, but as a child she looks good.

I also installed a life stage modifier. Now every stage has about a week chopped off or so. So now Haelga is a child and turning into a teen in three days while Tyler is a teen and has a week of teendom left. Speaking of Tyler's teendom, he met his future wife, a townie named Marsha Bruenig, and he spent his childhood becoming good friends with her.

This is Tyler after he aged into a teen. He rolled the Knowledge aspiration and his turnons are brown hair and creativity, turn off stink. His first knowledge want was reviving Goopy from the dead. A noble idea, dear Tyler, but no.
His first kiss was some chick I summoned with twojeff's gypsy crystal ball, and he went on a date with her to a coffee shop. I know he's not going to pursue her more, because when he snuck out with Marsha, she picked him up in this:

I think she's a keeper guys.

Bonus picture:

A townie was in Goopy's graveyard, and apparently she was disposing of his withered poppies when he scared her to death and she landed right beside him.

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 8:41 AM
@pondefloor I love it! Good progression through the game, have you worked out how you are going to choose the heir?

Creator of the Sims 2 Random Legacy Challenge
Check it out here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481001

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Which is only found here: http://thejardinlegacy.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 9:18 AM
@marykate: I think I'll figure it out when Haelga is a teen. tbh, it might be rolled since I can't really decide yet. Or I could do a heir poll. I don't have much time before something has to be chosen though.

New Livejournal
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:36 AM
Here are my rolls:

A.Couple

B.5 kids

C.Sculpter

D.Fisherman

E.Perfect Children

F.Have Alien Baby

My Legacy founder's name is Lance McQuay. Hope I can stick to it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:38 AM
@pondefloor yeah I usually just roll if I cannot decide

@rockergrrl37203 Few thats a pretty hectic start! Good luck and I hope you do too

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:15 AM
Im about halfway through! Sorry, I play in silence and forget about the challenge!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Field Researcher
#32 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 3:22 AM Last edited by Anaticula : 18th Sep 2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: so as to not double post, added pics
I'm going to start playing this challenge next time I play. I rolled: a couple with 2 kids, primary income show business, secondary farmer, generation goal dead beat parents with a misc. of no strangers. The way I see it, Sim #1 will be so focused on his career he pays no attention to the children and Sim two will be more concerned with joining the gardening club than looking after the kids even though she stays home all day. Basically they will be social climbing parents who only had kids because all their friends had them, but they don't have enough money to hire a nanny to look after them. :P

Started playing this morning, and it has been very interesting so far.

Neil Dashner is a pleasure sim with a secondary of popularity. He wants to either join the show business career or become a farmer (per the challenge) while going on 50 dream dates. I set him up in a small house and he asked out the girl next door when she popped by to greet him. They had a blast, and in spite of the fact that he double bolted her, became best friends, and had a dream date, he had no interest in kissing her at all. The next day he checked the paper and computer for a job in show business but had no luck, so he spent the morning chatting with random people he had meet while on his date the night before. After lunch he headed out on the town to meet some more people and meet the Diva, Monica Mills. The two hit it off, only one bolt of chemistry, but the kept chatting, so he asked her out. They sang a few songs and after a peck on the cheek said good night.

Again he rolled no wants of kissing or woohoo. I decided that this was because he realizes that in show business you only have your reputation, and if he gets a bunch of ex-girlfriends his reputation will tank. I was wrong.

The next morning he called Monica to thank her for the roses she had left him, and the next thing I knew, she was at in house and they were in bed together. (I had nothing to do with it, it was all ARC.) Neil immediately asked her on a second date, and they spent the afternoon cuddling and kissing. By the end of the evening they had both rolled marriage/engage wants, which I have locked.

Monica is a Pro Party Guest, so this is the way I see it playing out, provided they don't change things on me, lol. Monica has fallen madly in love with Neil. They marry and immediately she gets pregnant. She quits her job as a party guess, after all morning sickness and hors d'oeuves (did I spell that right?) don't go well together. After the baby is born she realizes she misses being in the spot light, and she, instead of Neil, will join the show business career. It wasn't what I had planned out originally, but I think it will suit their personalities better.

Pics:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#33 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 12:18 AM
I've decided to give this a go as I'm awful at staying interested in normal legacys.

So I rolled:

Single parent of 4 children
Job hopper
Expansionist
Half Siblings

And this is my founder Bo Bennett. She seems happy now however I have a feeling with rolls like that its not going to last.

Field Researcher
#34 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 8:23 PM
Well, my Sims changed the story I had planned for them.

Neil and Monica decided to take their love slowly and went on two more dream dates before deciding to tie the knot. They invited several of their friends to the wedding, which they held late at night at Neil's house so the Countess could come. The wedding was a blast and Neil was pleseantly surprised when Monica moved in to find she had $70,000 and a whole truck load of items for their house. The couple sold the things they didn't need and used the money to take a honeymoon to Twakiki Island. (I set it up in advance because I knew the Diva brought money in I just didn't know it was that much.) On the island they took things easy and spent most of their time making out and getting massages.

(Seriously, that's all they wanted to do. I forced them to take a tour and Neil learned to fire dance, but if they had it their way they'd never get out of bed, and they only have one bolt.)

Upon their arrival home Monica felt a bit ill and suspected all the pineapple salad she had eaten on her trip was getting to her. She felt a bit ill and had begun to develop a belly.

(The first time I played she had a miscarriage on day one because Neil kept blocking the fridge and she could never get food, I exited without saving and tried again. The second round I saved twice a day so as to not have the same issue. I only keep miscarriages if they fit the story, and in this one they need a baby. Well they decided to pay me back for it...)

Neil went out twice a day on social outings, he never turns down a chance to go out, while Monica stayed home sick. She had finally realized she was going to have a baby and quit her job. Well, it's a darn good thing she quit because I have the triplets and quads mod installed on random, and you guessed it, they had quads. They are now the parents of four boys, Alan, Bailey, Charles, and Darren. Forget not learning toddler skills because the challenge calls for it, they won't be learning skills because Monica and Neil will be too busy trying to feed them, lol. As soon as the quads were born I saved and exited the game for the day. When I get home from work today I'll have to spend all of Monica's money of cribs, changing tables, and wither remodeling the 2 BR 1 BA house for 6 people or moving.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 4:37 PM Last edited by pondefloor : 17th Sep 2012 at 5:56 PM.
okay so I have an update for you all. I was playing my legacy house last night, and I fell asleep, so I'm missing about a week [and luckily not more than that, since the NPC aging menu pauses the game]

This is Haelga. She's Tyler's little sister.

Two days later, Haelga aged up into this:

She rolled a fortune aspiration and when I randomized her gender preferences with SimBlend, she came up as lesbian. I found her a nice girl with the crystal ball and they have three bolts for each other. Haelga is generally easier to keep happy than everyone else in the household, so there's a good chance that she'll be heir.

Goopy's ghost showed up to watch Hroaldr sleep. Not creepy. Not at all. But then Naila showed up and she showed attraction to Goopy's ghost, as shown here:

It was some time after this that I fell asleep without pausing my game, and they got roaches, Haelga had an F in school, Tyler aged up and instantly plunged deep into aspiration failure because he didn't go to school, Naila and Hroaldr were a day away from aging, and Haelga was deep in red because she got her F. Amazingly enough, everyone was still very much alive even though the fridge was empty. They had spent the entire week subsisting only on "nectar" and eating at school/work, although I think Haelga must have missed some days or something to get her grades so low. Haelga isn't going to go to college, but I'm sure it won't affect her as much as it did her brother:

Honestly, I think that Haelga is going to be my heir and Tyler will be moved out. I'll probably put him in a house with his teenage love Marsha.

Okay so I decided that the heir of gen 1 is Haelga. This is what I rolled for her generation:
A: Single Parent
B: Five Kids
C: Non-standard career
C2: Fishersim
There is no D because she won't have a partner moving in.
E: Living Green
F: Party Season

Luckily for me, I've done the Xenophilia challenge and in my vikingxgrunge hoods, they grow and fish for their food anyway, so this generation won't be so bad for me. That and Naila and Hroaldr are still staying in their house, so Haelga will have built in babysitters XD This is going to be a fun generation for sure.

New Livejournal
Field Researcher
#36 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Anaticula : 18th Sep 2012 at 10:11 PM.
The oldest Gen one kids are starting Uni, so I rolled for Gen two. All the kids are boys, and as my sims had some extra kids because I couldn't get them to stay out of bed I wound up with 6 children to chose from. (I'll edit this post to add pics of each sim.)

Alan: Popularity - Become the Law
Bailey: Money - Prestidigitator
Charles: Romance - Woohoo 20 Sims
Darren: Knowledge - Max 7 Skills
Ethan: Family - Golden Aniversary
Fredrick: Popularity, (Has not aged to teen yet, but he's getting Pop because I already have one of each of the others.)

Each kid has a different aspiration, so it keeps things pretty interesting. I eliminated Fredrick as being heir because he has the same aspiration as his dad and I don't want the families to be the same..

Rolls for Generation 2:
Family: Mixed Couple (biological and adopted kids)
Children: 2
Primary Income: Science (This eliminates Alan & Bailey because they have career LTW)
Secondary Income: DJ
Generation Goal: Social Bunny (This eliminates Darren due to shyness, although I suppose it would work if he married someone outgoing.)
Misc.: Homemade

I'm thinking of going with Charles because Ethan was born a spare and not one of the planned kids. Charles will have to settle down after Uni, or at least make sure his wife doesn't catch him cheating. Although I am strongly considering Darren because he inherited his Mom's nose and is the only one of the children to really stand out look wise. (I forgot to roll the pacifier. As Darren was born third of the quads at rolled automatically for him.)

Pics as Teens, I forgot to take Young Adult pics.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:03 AM Last edited by DarkCoffeeJazz : 20th Sep 2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
I'm going to try and do this, though I'm not sure which neighborhood yet, since I've mainly been playing in Riverblossom Hills and don't feel like polluting it with a legacy challenge, even a Randomacy. So many families I'm playing right now in that one, the main ones being the Minamimoto (yes, Sho Minamimoto), and Killian (a family with werewolf founder and heirs, not a challenge just for fun) families.

And yes, I use mods, but nothing unfair or game-breaking (mods such as fixes, etc. Nothing cheaty, except maybe the Job noticeboard, which I won't be using for this challenge, as well as the Supernatural painting (the one that lets you make your sims into whatever supernatural creature you want). I also forget which mod it is, but Alienism is in my list of Turn-Ons/Offs, lol.

So yeah here are the rolls for my first two generations. I'll roll two more once Generation 2 has all the possible children/is about to pass the baton.
I dunno if we're already supposed to do this or not, but I'm also going to randomize my Founder Sim's aspiration, wants, and turn-ons, as I will with every Sim in every generation. I think it'll be more fun that way, anyway. Left up to me all my Sim's would be neat, or outgoing, or balanced in some way.

Generation 1 (Founder)

A. Mixed Single Parent
B. 2 children
C. Painter
D. N/A (no spouse, so no secondary income I guess, right? That's how I always understood it, and that's how I'll play it.)
E. Living Green, with the Easel for the career, and the most expensive telescope for F, as that's the only way to get abductions that I know of, without cheating.
F. Alienated

I swear that's how the die fell. Not only do I have to have a combo of children while being a single parent, but one has to be an alien, lol. Good thing he won't have a career since, ya know, he'll pretty much be spending his nights painting, gardening, or stargazing (after he gets abducted/preggers I plan to sell the telescope to comply with Living Green.) He's going to be so busy. T_T

Generation 2

A. Couple
B. 3 children
C. Artist
D. My Choice - Farmer (it just makes sense, since I'll already have a garden, hehe)
E. Idle Career (I could so make this work story-wise, lol)
F Half-Siblings.

While i can probably swing A-E, the annoying one for me will be Half-Siblings unless my heir is female or something. I've had half-siblings before with my Killian family (the father was Sho Minamimoto for two of the three children), I never had all three children have three different fathers/mothers... so yeah. The question is do I kill them, move them out, or have them get caught cheating leading to breaking up? :P

I dunno if I'll do a picture blog thing story etc, but if I do it'll probably be on Wordpress, and I'll edit this post to reflect that, or edit my siggy, Idk. I don't have the best graphics, playing on an older laptop, but at least I can run the game well enough. We'll see, I guess.

This should be interesting, at the very least, but I feel like there could be more to add in Miscellaneous Fun... an example could be...

Black Sheep: One of your Sims is the black sheep of the family, and must become a supernatural Sim. Then you could like, I dunno, have a random table for that. If a person isn't able to have supernatural sims cuz of lack of expansions then idk, maybe they can't be 'best friends' with any family members, and if they do they instantly perform a negative social to bump it lower again.

So yeah just an idea.

Anyway, I've got some pics and a story started, so tomorrow I'll get on the magical Wordpress and start a blog for this challenge.

Sneak Peek:

The Zaltari Randomacy.
Founder-

Name: Joseph Zaltari
Sign: Libra
Aspiration: Pleasure
Turn Ons: Stink, Formal
Turn Offs: Werewolf

And I wasn't sure if Living Green allowed for a phone, so I didn't buy one. I wasn't sure if I was allowed a compost either, but considering it was under gardening and I only will ever need one (and considering I used the family funds cheat to reduce the cash for building I cheated down to a measly 100 dollars, and used 80 of that already on the garden), I didn't think it was much of a stretch, as well as a couple of ladybug things. To compensate there are no sprinklers, so he's going to have to be vigilant.

If he doesn't go insane from lack of social interaction first, lol.

“Despair ruins some, presumption many”
Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Anaticula : 20th Sep 2012 at 7:34 PM. Reason: spelling
So, I've decided that my sims are going to drop out of uni. I don't need any of them to have a degree to move on to round two, and as all I have been doing for the past week is make my sims study and date I'm getting bored with Uni. Normally I would just play straight through the first four semesters, then switch back to the main family for a season then finish uni, but my sims wanted to join the frat and date sorority girls so I was having to play those families too and it's gotten very repetitive because I want to start round two. I think for the future my sims are going to just skip uni unless they have to go for the job they roll. I'm still not 100% sure on my heir yet, because Bailey cracks me up and would be the perfect heir, but he has a career LTW. Maybe I'll stick it out in Uni until he can change aspirations and see if he gets anything better.

I'm trying to keep my blog updated with the story, so click the link in my sig if you want details on what my sims are doing. I'm trying to figure out story telling so please leave comments if you like the way I'm writing it or see some major goofs I should fix. Thanks.

Also @ DarkCoffeeJazz, I do like the added supernatural possibility, that can add quite a bit of fun to a challenge depending on what you roll. I already rolled out all my generations so I could figure out where my story will go and I got joker twice. I was going to force them to breed pets as an added challenge, and I think now I'll do that for one, and for the other I'll add a supernatural twist.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:41 PM
Thanks. It's just I tend to play werewolf Sims a lot. I figure that with a supernatural twist people could explore parts of the expansions they have that they might not otherwise normally do. Witch counts, of course (I actually have a Witch/Warlock guy in my Riverblossom neighborhood, lol). I dunno if zombie should be involved except maybe for spares, though, since obviously dying is not good for an heir...

As for that blog thing, I've got my first post up. Still experimenting with format, etc, but it's enough to start with.
I have no idea how I'm going to survive this first generation, since he has no phone and must grow his own food... oh my poor Sim.

http://thezaltarirandomacy.wordpress.com/

I'll probably add this to my signature as well, once I make a banner for it.

And yeah, I love/hate the University expansion. I like it in that it's a whole new age and you can join a frat house, etc. as well as other story possibilities, but at the same time it's just sooooo long. I usually attend a class and write a term paper in the first day and have the other 2 days off, lol.

I've heard of a mod that shortens the University experience considerably... to where the Final Exam is every other day.
It's one of CJ's mods, I believe. I don't use it personally but you might like it. CJ also has an 8 Day Teens mod, as well.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 2:26 PM Last edited by pondefloor : 21st Sep 2012 at 4:48 PM.
@DCJ: [it's okay that I call you that, right?] I like how you formatted your legacy posting, tbh. Good luck with your challenge! I like your idea for a supernatural roll btw.

@Anaticula: I like how yours is going too.

...Maybe I should make a wordpress or something for mine, since I managed to take about a billion pictures of Haelga and her now three children.
EDIT: it's up! http://theatlasonrandomacy.wordpress.com/

New Livejournal
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 6:33 PM
I don't mind DCJ, it's exactly why those three letters are capitalized anyway. Everyone I chat to regularly refers to me as DCJ or Jazz anyway. Some say darkcoffee but I think that's just creating unnecessary work for yourself, so I prefer the first two. :P

As for my formatting, I tend to spam pics and I love how easy wordpress makes it for me to organize everything, as well as inserting pictures effortlessly into the post itself. It was an instant fave for me when I first discovered it. and while there's a size limit for the media library per blog (I assume that's how it is, anyway), the pictures the Sims 2 takes are so small I'll be done before I fill it up even halfway.

I still need a header though, but I need more pictures before I make one. I usually take the three I like most and do some sort of GIMP/Paint.net effect on them.

Also, you never know how much you take the phone for granted until you don't have one/can't buy one. I have enough pics for a couple of posts, but I still need to write up the text for it all... once I do you'll understand why I miss the phone.

I'll have to 'buy' a phone for adoption, but story-wise I'll have him using some other method. But that's a ways away yet.

A word of advice to anyone thinking of starting this challenge: Single Parent, Living Green, and Primary Income: Painter is a bitch. Re-roll if you ever get this combo.

EDIT: @pondefloor: I like the theme you chose. Also nice recap. Btw, what mod do you use for the Servos? I still have ugly Maxis ones. D::::

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 5:21 AM Last edited by pondefloor : 22nd Sep 2012 at 5:58 AM.
@DCJ: ...eight eyes. Could you happen to be a Homestuck |D? But anyway, I can't remember where I got my servo replacement, but this is pretty close. Oh right! A helpful thing for phototaking is the plumbbobtoggle off cheat, since it turns off the plumbbob so you don't get it in your photo. I wasn't sure if you knew about that one. I don't even edit my pictures besides resizing them, tbh. I've done the full photoshopping for legacies in the past, but it just takes /forever/. Personally, I'm not going to be interested in doing something if it feels like a major chore when I do it, and only resizing the screenshots makes it feel a lot more relaxed. I have enough screenshots for a couple of posts I think, but I haven't checked my screenshots folder in a while.

RE: your roll: I'm sure you can do it! Did you know that reading romances ups the social motive? It's very useful for sims that live alone. The phone thing bites, although I've played households that never get one because they're Vikingxgrunge themed and there's no room for a phone in either theme.

New Livejournal
Mad Poster
#43 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 7:01 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 24th Oct 2012 at 7:12 PM.
Random Rolls:

Generation 1 (Founder):
- Mixed Single Parent
- 3 Children
- Potter
- Social Bunny
- Party Season

Generation 2:
- Single parent
- 4 Children
- Farmer
- Party To Remember
- JOKER :-)

Generation 3:
- Step-children
- 2 Children
- Medical Career
- Robot Maker
- Living Green
- Alienated

Generation 4:
- Couple
- 2 Children
- Natural Scientist
- Painter
- Idle Career
- No Strangers

Generation 5:
- Single Parent
- 2 Children
- Law Enforcement
- Change of Scenery (Rerolled from Perfect Careers)
- JOKER :-)

I may give this a shot and see if it holds my attention....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 12:35 AM
Sorry I haven't replied in awhile guys!
Everyone is going great and I'll check back more often

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 12:59 AM
(First of all, I wanna say thank you to mangaroo for linking me this chat...because sadly I'm still pathetic and couldn't find this......idk how I couldn't, so don't ask XD)
I'm currently doing the Random Legacy and I'm still in generation one. Here's what I rolled:
Gen 1
Marital Status: Single Parent
Number of children: 2
Primary income: Stander Career: Intelligent
Secondary income: None (single parent)
Generation goal: Fulfilled
Misc fun: Luxury
So, I made the single parent who is currently on Career Level 2 of the Intelligence Career (being the top in that career was also ironically her LTW):

Her name is Sandra and she adopted her first child, Jayden. I can't find a baby pic of him, but here he is as a toddler and child. He has the palest skin tone, gray eyes, and black hair.
As a toddler:
As a child:
In the pic of Jayden as a toddler, Sandra is pregnant with her second and last child. She made a mistake with some old fart (don't look at me! I'm innocent ) and gave birth to a girl named Skylar who's currently a toddler.
Skylar looks exactly like her mommy, with brown hair, brown eyes and a darker skin tone.
Skylar as a toddler:
That's all I have for right now, but Sandra is currently working her way up to career level 10 to achieve the challenge for this generation. Plus, I want them to earn enough money to move out of their house. They currently live in the Ranch Retreat which I find boring.

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:33 PM
Default Can you clarify something for me please?
I'm really enjoying this challenge, thank you!
My first heir has just become a toddler, so I've done her future rolls, and she has to be a job hopper. I was hoping to send her to Uni, but there's a bonus involved whereby you can start some careers at a higher level than normal. Would this be allowed?
And, would I be allowed to use a download object that shows all available jobs, or do I have to hope they become available via the pc or newspaper at the apprpriate time?
Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry if I've missed something really obvious, this is my first time on a challenge thread.
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 6:32 PM
Woah..

8-14) Couple
You must obtain a spouse or unmarried partner.

1-2) 1 child ( Unless mixed single parent, or mixed couple)

2. Fishersim- Sell what you can fish up.

) Living Green - Must live eco-counciously.
* Must never drive anywhere. You can carpool to work, walk to lots, ( If don’t have associated expansion pack you may taxi)
* Must have at least 7 plants on lot, trees, bushes, flowers ect.
* Must grow your own produce and fish your own fish.
* Sims may not fly anywhere
* Sims may not purchase ‘new furniture via the buy mode this generation, with the exception of buying plants, plots and orchids. Exception if playing generation 1, in which case you may purchase as many beds, cribs as necessary, all toddler/child toys, one fridge, one oven, two sinks, one toilet, one shower, one dresser, one mirror, one bookcase, one counter for food preparation and one counter for a drop in sink. You sims may buy enough seating to accommodate the total number of sims rolled for that family (I.e you rolled a couple with two kids, that’s seating for four) You may buy whatever seating you prefer. So if it is seating for four, you may buy four dining chairs, or a two seat sofa and two dining chairs, or a three seat sofa and one dinning chair ect. You may also purchase one table ( Dinning table or coffee table, or an impractical side table, whatever floats your boat. If you rolled a self employed career like an artist, you may buy the required objects to do the job.
* There are no restrictions to build mode or light fixtures
* No decorative items may be purchased.

4. Alienated – Have at least one Alien child through abduction. This can count on top of your rolled amount of children.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:51 AM
@Susanshoe I am glad you are enjoying this, it's good to hear! There is no rule against it no, it would give a clear bonus but it is really up to you. If you are looking for a challenge I would suggest not going to University. Like I said there are no rules against Mod, but do try and use it with out, it does create an extra challenge, but if you find it frustrating you can use it Welcome to a challenge thread then, its always very interesting here and you may even learn a thing or two, I know I have ahahhaha

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Test Subject
#49 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:57 PM
Thanks for the reply! :D
I've been playing a bit obsessively, so my Generation 3 heir is about to go to uni. I did the job hopper challenge without the job mod, but I decided to change the rules slightly. Since G2 had been to Uni, she was getting offered jobs at level 8, so I decided she had to get promoted in all her careers, rather than just accept it and move on since she'd already got to level 5 just by accepting the job. I also have my sims have a shorter lifespan than normal, and the Culinary career (which should have been her first) didn't show up until six days into her adult life, so I decided that she could do her 10 careers in any order, as long as she did them all and got promoted in each one. It does sound far too easy when I write it here, but remember at the higher career levels, sims don't work every day, so sometimes she would accept a job but have to wait several days before she could even have a chance at a promotion.
Now I just have to decide whether to move the G2 elders out when the G3 heir moves back home after Uni, or let them die naturally at home but put off children until they're gone. My G3 girl has to be a single parent with 3 kids, culinary career, photogenic and home-made.
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:34 AM
Default Random Legacy Challenge for Pets
Upon reading the Random Legacy Challenge hasn't been written for pets, I hope to fill the gap with rules I have made incorporating pets.
Thank you to maykate at http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481001 for writing her version of the Random Legacy Challenge. This pets version works in conjunction with her version aimed at sims.

Random Legacy Pet Challenge: Pet Rules for all games with OR without expansion packs. Please use www.random.org as the dice.

NUMBER OF PETS
1-2 = 0 pets
3-4 = 1 pet
5-6 = 2 pets
7-8 = 3 pets
9-10 = 4 pets
11-12 = 5 pets
13-14 = 6 pets

PET TYPE
Roll the dice for each pet you have to determine each pet's pet type.
1-2 = Cat.
3-4 = Large dog.
5-6 = Small dog.
7-8 = Bird
9-10 = Womrat
11-12 = Fish
13-14 = Toy Dog Pen (Modern Arf Indoor Dog Pen). This comes with Apartment Life.

The maximum number of sims and pets per household is 10, excluding toy dogs, womrats, birds and fish. When you roll for Pet Type, if you end up with too many cats/large dogs/small dogs that your household can't fit, start rolling from 7-14 from Pet Type to make up for the final pets in order to fit them in.

Roll 1-12 if you don't have Apartment Life but have Pets. Roll 7-12 if you end up with too many cats/large dogs/small dogs.

If you don't have Pets, but have Apartment Life:
1 = Modern Arf Indoor Dog Pen
2 = Fish

If you have neither Pets nor Apartment Life then you must have fish.

BREEDS: LARGE DOGS/SMALL DOGS/CATS
Roll for each of these pet types that you have.

In CAS, count how many pages there are of breeds (including custom breeds) for your chosen pet type. Each page has 6 breeds, but the last page can have from 1 to 6 breeds.

Large dog without custom breeds has 9 pages.
Small dog without custom breeds has 4 pages.
Cat without custom breeds has 6 pages.

Roll the dice according to how many pages there are. The number given is the page you will select a breed from.
1 = Page 1
2 = Page 2
3 = Page 3
4 = Page 4 (Roll 1-4 for cats without custom)
5 = Page 5
6 = Page 6 (Roll 1-6 for small dogs without custom)
7 = Page 7
8 = Page 8
9 = Page 9 (Roll 1-9 for large dogs without custom)
10 = Choose your own breed! You don't need to roll again as instructed below.

Roll again for however many breeds are on the page to determine which breed you will have. If you have less than 6 breeds on the page (i.e. the last page), then adjust accordingly e.g. 4 breeds on the page instead of 6, so roll 1-4.
1 = Breed in top left row.
2 = Breed in top right row.
3 = Breed in middle right row.
4 = Breed in middle left row.
5 = Breed in bottom right row.
6 = Breed in bottom left row.

You can choose the colour of the coats and eyes. You can also edit small portions of the body of the pet, e.g. longer ears, different tail, as long as it's still recognisably the breed you were assigned.

BREEDS: BIRDS, WOMRATS AND TOY DOGS
To select the breed of your bird/womrat/toy dog you will have to roll (surprise!). Include any custom breeds you have using the same method:
1 = Top left row
2 = Top middle row
3 = Top right row
4 = Bottom left row (Roll 1-4 for toy dogs without custom)
5 = Bottom middle row (Roll 1-5 for birds/womrats without custom)

CAREERS: LARGE DOGS, SMALL DOGS AND CATS
Roll for each pet of these types that you have. After they have reached the top of the career, they may switch to another career or continue in that one. They cannot however become unemployed. If you roll for unemployed, then that pet must always remain unemployed.
1 = Unemployed
2 = Showbiz
3 = Security
4 = Service

NEXT GENERATION PETS
And how to decide what pets the next generation should be bestowed with? Roll this for each generation to decide what they must do.
1-2 = Keep the current pet system as it is but one pet must die and be replaced with any pet type within 24 sim hours.
3-4 = Completely reroll the pets system! You're allowed to use previous items you already owned from your previous pets.
5 = You must keep one pet minimum from the previous pet system, then you may choose what to do with any other pets including any additions or disposals.

WHERE'S YOUR SIM GOD NOW?! OPTIONAL PET CHALLENGES:

LARGE DOG/SMALL DOG/CAT

1 = train all large dogs/small dogs/cats in all tricks.
2 = make one chosen pet (which hasn't already rolled for unemployed) advance to the top of all three careers.
3 = if your pet ever destroys any furniture to dust, that pet must be killed. However, you must replace it with a pet of the same pet type but any breed within 24 sim hours of the pet's death.
Use 'boolprop controlpets true' cheat to control the pet, then select Rodney's Death Creator (next to tombstone of L and D) from the Spawn options that appear when using the big daddy boolprop cheat. Select the pet as the controllable sim, then click on the tombstone that is Rodney's Death Creator, then select "Die of Old Age".
4 = Sell or give up one pet for adoption each sim week. It can be any pet that gets the boot as long as you maintain the number of pets, pet types and careers you were assigned. You have 24 sim hours to replace a pet once it has gone in order to replenish the number of pets you were assigned.

TOY DOG/BIRD/WOMRAT/FISH:
1 = build a complete toy doggery/aviary/womrattery/aquarium by the end of the current active generation. This counts as its own expansion and doesn't fill the requirement of the Expansionist goal for sims.
2 = You may only let the pets die (in the case of the toy dog, it gets taken away), twice in the entire challenge, no matter which generation. Don't forget to feed and clean them!
3 = Take snapshots of your beloved pets, then place them as Custom Paintings available to be painted by your next painter sim in any generation. You must have one snapshot of each pet from these pet types, and your painter sim must paint all of these before they die and frame them in a hall of pet fame. Pets born after the painter sim can be painted by the following painter sim in another generation.
4 = Everytime you have to feed your pet, your sim must also eat a meal with them. Nothing like bonding time!
Page 2 of 9