Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
#51 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DittanyPark
So currently the forum is running a $60-$260 deficit each and every month. Possibly more due to expenses you may have missed.

Based on these figures, the site cannot be maintained. Are there any concrete plans to offset the deficits to create a balance or, more desirable, a surplus? If not, MTS is doomed and any purchase for improvements would be a worthless endeavor.

@ >> DittanyPark >> Doomed is not an options for the Sims members or staff that word is negative we here at MTS have always been "Positive Optimistic, Confident."

Where there is a will there is a way, I think that is our motto, and if we all pull together and donate no matter how big or small then it become "We Can. "

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
However, your appraisal was not complete. You asked Delphy what the ad revenue was, not overall revenue. Therefore, your appraisal failed to take into account other means of income for the site.

Very good point if one takes that prospective. I appreciate you pointing this out.

Prompted by your stance, how about full disclosure to show "overall revenue"?

What exactly are the monthly revenues broken down by sources?

What are the profit/loss statement tallies for each month of the past twelve?

This will allow a complete appraisal which you have found me lacking.
Banned
#53 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:00 PM
MTS isn't a business, DP.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:07 PM
This isn't a business, so I don't have profit & loss statements Suffice to say that ad revenue on MTS is by far the largest portion of income, and, as I mentioned, the other sources like subscriptions and the occasional paypal donation make up the rest, plus ads on the wiki. What has happened in the past is that any ad revenue made above the costs has basically been put on hold until such time it's needed - this is, incidentally, why we haven't had to run a donation drive for 3 years - simply put; any surplus goes towards the site and only the site.

Let's not get into discussions about who said what about what to who. This site is most certainly not doomed - at least not while I am running it. We've gone through periods of great and not so great growth, and I loathe to do donation drives. But, sometimes, they a neccessary, especially when there is an ambitious goal in mind. I have the long term goals of the site in mind and have planned some great new features to come (fairly) soon, and I'm eagerly awaiting when I can reveal those to everybody. Let's concentrate on the content and the atmosphere of the site and the the people on it - together we make this fansite one of the best in the community and I just want to thank everybody who donates - big and small - for your contribution. It's very much appreciated!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
This isn't a business, so I don't have profit & loss statements

I am aware that MTS isn't a "business". A person's home isn't an actual business either, yet it is practical and wise to run it as such. Allows knowledge of what are the comings and goings, income/expenses, for better financial management.

I get it. There isn't a desire to share specific revenue information.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:40 PM
Just sent $25 your way Delphy. Wish I could have sent more. This site has been wonderful to all of the sim players. Keep up the good work.
Scholar
#57 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:46 PM
Can you make it so that we can donate through Liberty Reserve? ._.

Hey there! :)
Inventor
#58 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:50 PM
I didn't understand much of the technical stuff, however, if money is needed I'll gladly donate (again) some money.

I'm already a "MTS addict" subscriber but donate whenever I can (just did so last month, I believe) because I'm not able to raise* the monthly amount paid to MTS via my PayPal page.

btw: since the little heart and donator icons were mentioned... I already have those, however, I'm missing my creator icon ... for ages. Any chance to get that one back... eventually?

*(hint, hint!)
Beautiful Dinosaur
#59 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Wow, bellasaurus, thats very generous of you! Truly! I'm going to add you to the MTS Addict usergroup so you get a bigger avatar and PM inbox, plus a little icon. Hope you don't mind

How could I possibly mind? If it weren't for this site I would have lost out on years of simming due to boredness with ingame content. Without CC I would have given up on sims long ago, and wouldn't have anything to play!

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#60 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 7:00 PM
I'll look into it for you Yogi.

Instructor
#61 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 7:12 PM
I wish I could make $2500 in 24 hours.

I didn't get one of those cute hearts. :c Bleh.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#62 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 7:57 PM
When did you donate, Stardust? It can take a few hours for the heart to show up - but if you donated yesterday, let Delphy know the PayPal transaction ID, and he can sort it out for you.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#63 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 7:57 PM
If you didn't get a heart, that means for whatever reason the site didn't record the transaction. Send me a PM with the paypal transaction ID and the amount you donated. I'll make sure it gets fixed.

Scholar
#64 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:03 AM
Dang I have only few months left till I can access Paypal....
I'm still 17 but I promise I will donate $10 because this website is truly wonderful... =)

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 3:07 AM
Just donated 25$.

I play only TS2 and I am so happy that you keep all the downloads for TS2 alive.

I am sure it is a lot of work to keep this site up, so thank you.
Instructor
#66 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
When did you donate, Stardust? It can take a few hours for the heart to show up - but if you donated yesterday, let Delphy know the PayPal transaction ID, and he can sort it out for you.

I think it was about 24 hours before I posted that message. ^^;

I PM'd you, Delphy. C: Thanks.

I feel really bad now. I didn't realize I had AdBlock turned on for this website until it was mentioned. ;-;
*turns it off*
Scholar
#67 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 10:44 AM
I have + $300 in my account. I just need to take out $10 and donate it to u... Sh*t I want to donate now! Stupid legal age!
Anyway any special changes when you reached your goal =)

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:38 PM
about the message
hi ya. i dont like reading but wat is the donation for and wat do u hav 2 donate.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#69 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:41 PM
charchar- you will have to read it to find out!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#70 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:52 PM
charchar - No worries, I will explain what the donation drive is for via interpretive dance, since you don't want to read. Here goes:

o/
\o
\o/
/o/
\o\
o>
<o
<o/
\o>

Hope that clears it up!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#71 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:55 PM
I enjoyed that! Do you give dance classes at all? Maybe we could have an online interactive dance class? I am sure people would be happy to give a little extra for that feature

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:57 PM
Default donation
wat does the donation go 2
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#73 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:59 PM
charchar - As the first post states, donations go toward server and hosting costs. We're looking to get some new server hardware, and to prepay for server costs as it's cheaper that way.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#74 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 1:04 PM
This is a bit paradoxical, surely charchar had to do some reading to read HP's reply?
Scholar
#75 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 1:04 PM
Nearly reaching to 100% Goal =D
Keep going donators =D....

Can't wait to see something special for this site =D

Well this better than Door-To-Door Sales man =D LoL

------
Shee I better donate something for Royal Children's Hospital...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Page 3 of 5