Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Furniture What Matches: Some Basegame Desks

by iCad Posted 26th May 2012 at 10:59 PM
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th May 2012 at 11:26 PM
Wow, I didn't recognize the one desk without flowers--huge improvement! Thanks for sharing these and your beds, it's so nice to have everything in consistant colors.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:39 AM
These are lovely, thanks!
I hope you'll do the whole Seasons country set, which includes a desk, when you have spare time. I'm fond of sets, and that one particularly. Since you said to ask about other desks, I'm asking.
I also really hope you'll do the quaint dresser--the one that's the other master for this set: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=394313
Banned
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:51 AM
Awesome! Not too many recolors of the expensive desk around.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:04 PM
I absolutely love these desk recolors. Finally, I'll be able to use the Home Office desk in a bedroom with Ambular's Ethan Allen Colonial bedroom set. (IMHO, I think it goes well with that style.) And again, thank you for removing those ugly flowers. They go well with in a few settings, but not many!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2012 at 10:59 PM
Yay, comments!

@Honeywell: Yup, I think that desk is MUCH better-looking and far more versatile without the flowers. So is all the basegame "quaint" stuff, as far as I'm concerned. (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, you big fat armoire.)

@Sunbee: I wasn't planning to do the roll-top desk, but since you asked... I have done the little round dining table and the Cozinator chair, which'll probably be the next furniture I upload, once I take pics and stuff, so at least it'll have a chair that sort of matches in style. And yes, the quaint armoire is definitely on the list. Does it have a dresser? I don't remember... But if so, it's on the list, too.

@MattShizzle: Yeah, I noticed that, too, and it was disappointing to me because I like to use that desk in houses with more modern-style furniture, but the colors were icky and...yeah.

@MacApple: Yesh! Without the flowers and the painted-on colors, I DO think that desk takes on more of a colonial feel than a country feel. I think it's the lathed legs that does it. They're not QUITE Queen Anne-y, because for that they'd need some curve, but they're close enough for jazz.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 3:45 PM
love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 2:05 PM
thanks so much
I always wanted another color for that desk with glass in it :D
(so happy I found this place)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 4:37 AM
Very cool
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 7:12 AM
These goodies thanked and favorited. But now I won't sleep for a few days while I weed out other colors I will no longer need with all the iCad color choices. Though that isn't a complaint, just a fact.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 2:27 PM
I too love furniture what matches - A BIG THANK YOU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 8:52 AM
Thanks You