Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

5 Beauty Marks

by billielith Posted 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:49 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2019 at 2:31 AM by billielith

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 2:45 PM
I like these little things that help to make a sim unique. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 3:30 PM
Looks good. I´m currently kind of obsessed with beauty marks and freckles, so these will definitely come to use in my game. Thank you for sharing!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:04 PM
You are an expert in beauty mark, now
Thank you for making and sharing !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 4:43 PM
I like these. They'll be the very first beauty marks in my game. Not that others haven't make equally nice beauty marks, these just struck me as what I wanted. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 8:44 PM Last edited by billielith : 23rd Apr 2012 at 8:55 PM.
Thanks, Psychosim and dieKristina. Glad if I added some new bits to your collection.

Thanks, MacApple. Glad if you like them.
I am happy of them, the only thing is that they are all more-or-less close to the mouth, that's how celebrities seem to like them. So even if they are multi-wearable, they don't look particularly good if worn ALL together on the same face, lol.

Pixelhate, thank you
Expert?? lol. I try. I'll be playing in your sandbox (or rather dirtbox) shortly, I hope you don't mind. I made a few things for grunge, dirty streets.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 5:51 PM
Thanks and thanks again for making them blush/multi-wearable. Can't wait to try them, especially the EM.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:09 PM
Sure, you're welcome. EM? You like Eva Mendes' beauty mark particularly? :P
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 9:09 AM
Yes, oops, Eva and not Elder Male, I'm sorry it wasn't clear. It might have to do with real Eva being so gorgeous lol
After I tried them, Marilyn Monroe's is maybe even more interesting, its placement works real nice with the oversized mouths templates, it shifts the focus from the lips of doom XD Definitely useful, thanks again!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:49 AM
Lips of doom, lol. Indeed some Maxis templates have lips like I've rarely seen in real. Even Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler aren't like that. :P

Glad that you like them. I noticed that most celebrities seem to like to have them somewhere near their mouth. Not sure if it's a trend of the industry or something. Freddie Ryder has one on his Adam's apple, too, but I didn't find out how to place that. I don't think it's possible with a face make up.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:29 AM
Don't know much about celebrities, but I agree with the first comment. Maybe Steven Tyler, he's probably the closest I've seen to the maxis concept of WIDE mouth.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Don't know much about celebrities, but I agree with the first comment. Maybe Steven Tyler, he's probably the closest I've seen to the maxis concept of WIDE mouth.
lol, yup very much.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 7:30 PM
Super...I almost didn't notice them because I'm searching for specific objects for a lot!

Thank you for these! I love facial extras and it surely beats your Simimies having to paint them in using eyeliner pencils or mascara!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st May 2012 at 5:05 AM
Thanks! I like the fact that Blush allows multi-layers and custom thumbnails.
Oh, so you're working on a new lot? Any particular theme?

I've been trying myself at making neighborhoods in SimCity4. It's fun! I had never tried it. The only thing I dislike is the lack of an Undo button. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 1st May 2012 at 9:31 PM
oh...billielith....

You made me giggle! When I think of creating neighborhood maps using Sim City 4...the adjectives that come to mind are "time consuming" and "annoying". Mind you...it is indeed FUN to design a map, but the program is anything but pratical, as it is not at all user friendly. I'd enjoy it much more if we had a program designer SUPER HERO in the Sims 2 community who could create a stand alone program that is just for creating and modifying .sc4 maps to place in TS2 without all the back and forth drama with features in Sim City 4. Here's to hoping and I shall not spoil your neighborhood map making FUN! Enjoy!

About the lot...it's not really new. I created a townhouse for secret421 (in my latest journal entry) that I decided to rebuild as a smaller building on a smaller lot. This is my distraction from diy bathroom renovation on our old house in RL. The No CC version is complete, but the CC version is driving me bonkers in trying to replace user created new meshes with quality Maxis recolours. But, I'll figure it out or share only the NO CC version.

BTW - the image in your journal of the busy street is intriguing. Makes me wonder what you are up to! The driverless cars are brilliant! Someone definitely should create a few sim mannequins in the driving position to superimpose into the cars (or else it starts to look like the beginnings of a dystopian society)!

As for your latest shared upload...The Blush feature is great.. it is good to be able to keep or use more than once facial feature simultaneously. I plan on giving SimSteph an other worldly makeover with a a few extra "beauty marks". Thanks again for the download.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd May 2012 at 12:48 AM Last edited by Simonut : 2nd May 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Billelith you always seem to come up with good ideas, to add to our Sims. Thanks you I really love these beauty mmarks. :lovestruc

PS. will add you to my list as one of my "Most Favorite" creator.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd May 2012 at 9:44 AM
hi StephSim,
Now that you mentioned it, I noticed a few other things about Sim City 4. The map imported in Sims 2 gets horizontally flipped. And the proportions are like
(SimCitySize squares x 2) + 1 square... it's a lot of back and forth drama to get to something precise indeed. And then there's the Maxis default neighborhood camera limitations... You didn't spoil anything, lol, I found out these first few annoyances already at day 3 of using Sim City 4... :P
As for the 'Fake Lot', on my profile page was just a demo, and I considered leaving it as it was, but here goes the "small project gone big" syndrome again... it is slowly becoming a series of lots. And I still have to find out how to upload a decorated neighborhood.

Hey there Simonut.
Thank you, glad that you like the beauty marks, and happy that you made me one of your favourites. It's kind of you.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 2nd May 2012 at 6:03 PM
billielith
Go to the forums for help on uploading decorated neighborhoods. It's a process and there are several ways to do it. But, there are a few people here on MTS who have actually uploaded a few. NO CC neighborhoods and lots are most ideal for this sort of upload as it simplifies the experience. There are still very few people who actually upload lots with CC properly. It's a bit time consuming until you get used to it. The best of luck with your "Fake Lot" mini project .

I'm so giggling about SC4 stuff. I actually had a small list of things I'd typed...but decided to just say it was "annoying" and opted "not to ruin your fun". I slap myself every time I think about inserting the SC4 disc. Over time it does get easier, but you have to constantly work with it or keep a list of quick tips.

Well...back to RL work with me. Just needed a few minutes of MTS coffee (to see what others are up to) before chasing sawdust from all over the house! Take care and I look forward to your next uploads (whatever they may be).

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd May 2012 at 9:30 AM Last edited by billielith : 3rd May 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Sawdust... I would probably be rather annoyed by the noise, lol. I bet your house will look amazing once it's all done.

I don't think I'll make many neighborhoods. One now and another later for my theme set.

I only got two EPs installed (UNI and NL), and I doubt my current PC can take more. But it's limiting. I might need some CC to make things appear like the real thing. I'll face the hell of uploading it all once I'm there. :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th May 2012 at 3:50 PM
i am using them very often. thank you !!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th May 2012 at 3:34 AM
Thanks Pinkeroni, glad that you do. It's sweet to know. It was kind of you to stop by and leave a comment.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 11:24 PM
Just wanted to say these are now my #1 go to single beauty marks! I love them. I also like how they compliment a few of the sets by others and do not sit in the exact same place. Thanks for sharing them...even though they were "unofficially" requested by default.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 2:53 PM Last edited by billielith : 21st Oct 2014 at 3:00 PM.
#1? Wow, so cool! You're very welcome. The fact that they don't sit at the same place as the others is pure luck though. I made this set totally unaware that there were others, lol. I am glad that you requested them. I use them a lot too, even if for some reason they hide far, far away at the right end of the Blush palette, lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 8:17 PM
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 3:01 PM
You're welcome!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Page 1 of 2