Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2Sims2's Camera Mod

by sims2sims2 Posted 4th Apr 2012 at 5:36 PM - Updated 16th Apr 2012 at 8:59 PM by sims2sims2

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 6:34 PM
hey there thanks for this! just wondering what if you have other custom camera mods? will this conflict with them?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 8:40 PM
[QUOTE=graemedaly13]hey there thanks for this! just wondering what if you have other custom camera mods? will this conflict with them? It will not conflict, it will replace your current camera though.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 10:16 PM
sims2sims2
I am a big fan of collecting cameras, so I will be glad to add this camera to my collection and test it out. Thanks for sharing this!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:52 PM
Interesting changes, I will check this out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:30 PM
Thank you for the extra zoom-in! Now I can see that some of my CC is really poor quality XD And that Maxis put a lot more detail into furniture than I had realized.
I also found a tiny little hut hidden off-screen in Belladonna Cove with the new neighborhood camera.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:26 PM
I've never tried a camera mod before. I see that it's not a regular package file. Could you help me? How do I install it? Sorry for idiot questions.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:46 PM Last edited by sims2sims2 : 6th Apr 2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: I want to delete something.
Quote: Originally posted by Shessupercool
I've never tried a camera mod before. I see that it's not a regular package file. Could you help me? How do I install it? Sorry for idiot questions.

You could use WinRar, or if you have Windows, it can automatically open .zip files like this. Cameras are .txt files. So you extract them just like .package files but to your cameras folder instead
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 12:01 AM
I love this! Especially the Neighbourhood screen camera.
Thank you =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:19 AM
Will test out. thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 8:15 AM
I play with GunMod's cam, but I will try this one also. Thank you !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 2:51 PM
Thanks guys, I am glad you like it. Over 300 downloads already? Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:58 PM
Wow, amazing, a lot better than my current cameramod. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:16 PM
Ah thank you. Didn't even realize there was a cameras folder.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 12:37 AM
this sounds like a good mod but no fadeing is the only thing that is keeping me from downloading this.I dont like trees blocking my view of my sims and there house.
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3dude
this sounds like a good mod but no fadeing is the only thing that is keeping me from downloading this.I dont like trees blocking my view of my sims and there house.

You can leave the original CineCamCamera file in Cameras folder and replace only those, whose effects you wish to implement in your game
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 2:58 PM
Really awesome mod! Fantastic work.
One little thing:
When I use tab key and this mod the camera starts to go round and round and I can't stop it. Could you help me how can I stop the camera?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StellRien
Really awesome mod! Fantastic work.
One little thing:
When I use tab key and this mod the camera starts to go round and round and I can't stop it. Could you help me how can I stop the camera?
Its kind of meant to move a little, however once you find a position you like you can save it by pressing CTRL and any number 4-6. You can return to it by pressing the same number as before, but without CTRL. I hope I helped.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 3:43 PM Last edited by StellRien : 7th Apr 2012 at 4:13 PM.
Thank you for the quick answer! Unfortunately the ctrl+number combo doesn't work. However if I move very slowly the camera stops, so that's true.

edit:
I tried it again but it's still not okay. I cannot stop the camera in the right position when I use the tab key
I't's a pity because this mod is something incredibly brilliant!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StellRien
Thank you for the quick answer! Unfortunately the ctrl+number combo doesn't work. However if I move very slowly the camera stops, so that's true.

edit:
I tried it again but it's still not okay. I cannot stop the camera in the right position when I use the tab key
I't's a pity because this mod is something incredibly brilliant!

It kind of depends on how fast you move your mouse, I have a laptop, so it is a bit more dramatic for me, but if you have a regular computer with a mouse, then try moving it really slowly.
If parameters (CTRL+Number) don't work, you have to hold CTRL and press a number 4-6. Once you want to go to the position you saved, press that number, but without CTRL. So for example, if I found a particular position, I could hold CTRL and press 5 at the same time. Then once I want to go back to that position, I'd press 5 again, but without CTRL.
Or, if it still doesn't work, try moving your mouse slower.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 10:56 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to post this to tell you how you can actually edit how fast/slow the parameters or movement is.
Okay, go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras
Then open up the document called FirstPersonCameras with Notepad (not Wordpad)
Now in the document, find the line called setparam orientationsteps
exactly like that. There are several of them, but only edit the first one. Hint: For faster movement, a lower number such as 10 (10 is actually quite fast) and for slower, a higher number such as 150 (which is good for scrolling across the screen in a movie).
Then find setparam translationsteps
exactly like that, in the document, and change that number to whatever number you put for orientationsteps.
So if it looks like setparam orientationsteps 40, then translationsteps has to look like
setparam translationsteps 40.
THEY HAVE TO BE THE SAME!
Then do File, Save. You don't have to restart the game for the changes, it updates automatically.
I just thought I'd put that in case anyone thinks it's TOO slow, or wants to adjust it to their liking. It doesn't have to be like 40, 50, 60, etc. You can put more exact numbers like 43, 57, 62, etc.
Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 4:13 PM
Can you play with this camera or is it only for movies and snapshots?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hottestfan
Can you play with this camera or is it only for movies and snapshots?

I'd say it's pretty playable, I mean, most people don't use first person (by hitting TAB) for just normal playing, they use live mode (the normal one, with the blue user interface). I didn't want to make live mode too different, since that's where you actually play the game, so I just kept it pretty much the same, just more zooming and a better sim tracker (right click the Sim's picture on the user interface).
So, to make a long story short, I'd say it's pretty playable for just regular live mode, but TAB mode to begin with was mainly for movie makers, so my TAB mode is even more for movie makers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 8:17 PM
Ah, thank you so much! I needed something like this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 7:26 PM
This is certainly impressive!
Page 1 of 2