Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
did someone say "billowing sweat pants"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViftZTfRSt8

yea like Redhead said, that's the exact opposite.

I wouldn't advise you to look up "billowing sweating pants" in Google unless you want shots of PENIS PENIS PENIS in your face

Quote: Originally posted by calisims
They'd have to give us an actual penis, first.

Yea and if that happens, we jump from the Sims into Leisure Suit Larry territory.

Just imagine a mother buying the game for her kid and she walks by to find a surprise.
"Hey Suzy, are you playing your simulation game? Are you building something or tel--O MY GAH THAT'S A PENIS! You are grounded, young lady!"
Advertisement
Banned
#52 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:15 PM
But there's penis penis penis in your face in that video! ;-;
Forum Resident
#53 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
But there's penis penis penis in your face in that video! ;-;

But the face attached to the penis is no bueno
Instructor
#54 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:20 PM
Aww, that's David Bowie, man. Have some respect for the legend. =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Forum Resident
#55 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Aww, that's David Bowie, man. Have some respect for the legend. =)

I know who he is. Aretha Franklin, Elton John, and countless others are legends. Does not mean I find them attractive lol

ON TOPIC(so the mods won't come with their pitchforks)

I think Sims 4 needs more recipes with add on properties. Like I can make a simple milkshake. But if I add strawberry to it, I can make a strawberry milkshape. Add a banana to that, and I can make a strawberry-banana milkshake. I've seen rpg games do it and it would fit in well into the sims world
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
...strawberry milkshake...
I concur! It would be fun to concoct things by adding already-available ingredients, and it wouldn't necessarily have to complicate the animations, depending on what was allowed. Then any mood-affecting qualities of the ingredients could simply be added, unless the developers wanted to make some special cases. I do love strawberries, but I love them best with something.

As well, and not to be disagreeable, but I like Sir Elton's looks, at least at some points during his fabulously-stylish life. Us geeky people with glasses got to stick together, eh?
Mad Poster
#57 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM
Back on topic, they did just start base modelling on the 1st of March for TS4 so YES it is a thing and YES it is happening. I can has people who know people who know people who know things.

I am still a heavy advocate for Heavy Rain-style graphics in the game, as well as motion capture for some of the more difficult-to-picture animations like, say, a fight. The ability to have apartments is a must, and I also think that there should be these things included.

- Weather. Not just sun and rain and snow, but things like lower elevations getting deep puddles and gutters being clogged and "harsh/mild" winters depending on the year.

- A clock you can set yourself. Actual time, sim time, somewhere in between - it's all there. Maybe a built-in real-time clock with no effect on the game, just so you know what time it is in the real world.

- The ability to found a company and choose the staff on each level as well as their jobs, what the dress code is, etc. Same goes for schools - choose the subjects, the teachers, the grading curve, the uniforms, and maybe have more than one so it goes Primary, Middle, Secondary, College, University (or the American equivalent). The ability to get school pictures as well as being on sports teams and participate in clubs like Diversity Club (LGBT club, kinda, but with more focus on "sim life diversity"), debate club, drama club, stuff that was in Generations like Scouts and Ballet . . . I feel like my sim children are really left out and I'd LOVE a semi-open school. Maybe a choice - washrooms and the cafeteria and some rooms like the office not open, but the gym, theatre, library, etc open for your sims to use and hang out in.

- More than just bikes! Learn to rollerskate and hope you don't fall on your ass when you're coming home with the groceries and have to go up the front steps! Skateboards and scooters, maybe a sim Segway and a sit-down motorised scooter you can choose to use for the elderly. Canes of course, maybe even something fun like a hoverboard. x'D And your sim wears a helmet when they use these, except for the rebellious ones.

- Car animations OMFG. It's not that hard. Need for Speed can route a vehicle just fine without a preset path (kinda), so can you, Sims. I'd love to see public transport like the Underground, a bus route, maybe those trams like in San Francisco that your sim can try to hop onto and you can follow them to their destination. Trains, planes, helicopters.

- In the cities, you can hear sirens and emergency vehicles. Neighbours can call the police/fire department/social welfare people/animal pound/ambulance service in the event of a robbery, obvious child and/or pet neglect, a heated argument (with fighting), a fire, a flood, or even if you don't maintain your lawn.

- A search/categoriser function in the catalogue. PLEASE.

- Elections! City hall meetings over issues. Set laws, curfews, hold protests over stuff.

- The ability to foster a child, or give your child up for adoption.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:20 PM
So since you know people who know things.. Do you know if they ever go to sites like this one to get ideas?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#59 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
So since you know people who know things.. Do you know if they ever go to sites like this one to get ideas?

Well, this site is a very big, long-standing community and on top of that, a very vocal yet well articulate one too. Opinions and ideas go around the internet and at some point, must get to developers too. But if they make that stuff actually happen is a whole another story...

Anyway, somebody above mentioned the skateboard. Can you imagine your suit-dude riding home from the office on a skateboard... ah, this is what The Sims is about! Or if you live in Portland, then the thing about skateboards and suite-dudes is just everyday stuff.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:43 PM
Oh oh I have a list too, some have been mentioned before :p

- Weather
- Body shape sliders (you know like hourglass, pear, melon(?), apple, collum shape(?) forms)
- Height sliders
- If a sim wears high heels, they do become taller
- Layer clothes in a better way
- Better designs on swimmingpools and diving boards
- Better aging, like not getting so dragged in the face.
- Swimming in the ocean and sunbathing on the beach
- more households in apartments
- Better gender swapping, the sliders dont match on the genders in sims 3, a small round mouth on a female often looks really weird and even smaller on a male xD

mjau
----------
Known as Elevinia on simscave and GoS
Mad Poster
#61 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91

I honestly don't know, but I don't think they're allowed to directly rip off a user's ideas unless it's the TS3 Store people, those criminals. I think they just stick to whatever forums you see consistently invited to EP previews and suchlike - T$R, Edenstyle . . .

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 10:05 PM
They could 'rip off our ideas". You can't copyright ideas......which is the reason most games have similar elements.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
They could 'rip off our ideas". You can't copyright ideas......which is the reason most games have similar elements.

They can't copyright "ideas" simply because they aren't tangible elements. Finished goods on the other hand are the products of such ideas so you are, in fact, copyrighting ideas. Why do you think TV stations buy rights to various show formats instead of just putting together by themselves a similar show?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 11:00 PM
Your *presentation* of an idea can be copyrighted, but the idea itself cannot be copyrighted.

You can't copyright a name, either--- you have to trademark it.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
Your *presentation* of an idea can be copyrighted, but the idea itself cannot be copyrighted.

You can't copyright a name, either--- you have to trademark it.

Yes, but if the presentation has to be different it forces you to change your idea around a bit and add a twist to it, which sucks because people just get similar ideas once in a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 1:17 AM
You can patent an idea.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#67 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 1:32 AM
Guys, you all know what I mean . . . if someone was like "oh, this will be like this and work like this and blah blah blah," it is their intellectual property and is protected by law (I looked this up, my dad does legal stuff between countries!). I remember a huge controversy over a couple of things in AL where people had working, great-looking CC and they ripped off the animations/functions, slapped them on something else and gave no credit at all. So if I were to give a huge detailed explanation of EXACTLY how something should be implemented, and it IS implemented, then I can sue for lack of credit because I "own" that -exact- idea. Just like them taking functionalities of major TS3 mods and sticking them in the game later on. However, if someone said "add a diving board!" and they did, that doesn't count because it's a mass-ask-for.

Mad Poster
#68 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 5:02 AM
Random thoughts: A more procedural/experiential way of generating your sim's traits and characteristics. A points-based graduated trait system (are you a little bit of everything, or have you stuck all your points onto insanity?).
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 5:13 AM
They need to get rid of Electronic Arts and not use Origin. Electronic Arts has the reverse Midas Touch - everything it touches turns to dirt. The game continues to add more social aspects that are more gimmicky than functional.
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 5:14 AM
I would not compare the conflicts between various CC makers with a large company like EA. If they want to 'steal' your idea that you posted here on the forum, I doubt very much you would have much clout in a court of law. And the finished presentation of an idea, such as a patent or a published design document is a lot different than an idea posted here on the forum. Honestly, I would be flattered if EA used one of my ideas UNLESS I was planning to use it for a future game I was creating. In that case, I would not post it on the forums. Also..remember that different countries have different laws about all of this.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 4:51 PM Last edited by Tempscire : 24th Mar 2012 at 5:06 PM. Reason: grammar, clarity
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
[1]They can't copyright "ideas" simply because they aren't tangible elements. Finished goods on the other hand are the products of such ideas so you are, in fact, copyrighting ideas. [2]Why do you think TV stations buy rights to various show formats instead of just putting together by themselves a similar show?

1. No, you're still copyrighting the product. There is no copyright for ideas alone, only the expression of those ideas. Patents can show ownership of an (detailed, original, unique) idea. 2. They buy licensing and production rights, not copyrights. The copyright owner is temporarily giving the TV station permission to produce or broadcast an adaptation of their work. After an agreed amount of time and conditions, all rights revert back to the owner. It's not a matter of ideas or even expression of ideas; it's a matter of the original owner having rights to all expressions and displays and reproductions of their idea.

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
So if I were to give a huge detailed explanation of EXACTLY how something should be implemented, and it IS implemented, then I can sue for lack of credit because I "own" that -exact- idea.

You own that particular execution of the idea, not the idea itself. Similar executions that are not just a direct steal of your work may or may not be acceptable, depending on whether it can be shown the alleged infringer had exposure to the original to be able to try reconstructing it. (And even if not it may still be determined too similar, but there's actually more leeway in copyright than in patents in this regard.)
Banned
#72 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicolabean
They need to get rid of Electronic Arts

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2003
I would like to have an adult version of The Sims. But it really needs to be a totally separate game.

I think if EA did anything like this it would just be an Adult game but with Parental settings.
Although I would like the age rating to be raised so that EA can make the game more creative and realistic. I would enjoy that more, but EA doesn't want to lose their younger game audience.

Field Researcher
#74 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 8:47 PM
If they produce Sims 4, they really should not come out with a late night EP or a pets EP or vacation EP, etc. It's been done 3 times over. They should rethink the mold and concentrate on enhancing gameplay. If we have lakes and oceans then why can't the sims swim in them or drink from them, bathe themselves or their pets in them. Heck, why can't they pee in them? I was just playing a sim as though she was homeless and I really didn't want her to have to walk all the way across town just to use the washroom at the gym. There was a lake on her lot and I thought if EA could make horses drink from the lakes what's so hard about adding more things yours sims can do?

EA is so fixated with having sims become rich and famous, that they overlook the simple, basic things. Why aren't there collections of trashy broken down, worn out furnishings and rubish? I would actually like to see shitty funiture laid out on the curb as a collectable. Your sim could take it home, clean it up, fix it or paint it or not (depending upon their skill set) to furnish their ratty shed of a house or worn down apartment.

How about sims are able to own apartment buildings and so an evil sim becomes a slum lord? When things get broken, he won't have it fixed, nor will he call for exterminators to solve the rat problem. His tenants hate him but are too poor to do anything about it. He'll raise the rent 'cause he has the greedy trait. A hot-headed tenant could have the desire to get even and so confront the slum lord. Things get out of hand and the slum lord is knifed to death in a dark alley. Your cop sim, who doesn't work in a rabbit hole is required to walk the streets to make sure all is well.

He discovers the body, which cues the oppurnity to take the case of catching the killer. Sims on the street don't cooporate because that is what sims do. This isn't the suburbs. You may have to shake down a few bumbs or use your investigative skills. So you go aross the street to local dive bar where a biker gang hangs out. They don't want trouble with the cops and they know pretty much eveything that goes on in this side of town. Maybe they're feeling talkative. A round of drinks won't hurt your cop's chances neither.

There is a science facility. Maybe they research infectious diseases or genetic modification. That chem lab that came with GEN is actually used here. There be no rabbit hole here either. Your sim goes to work and is required to research, perform experiments, or collaborate with fellow lab assistants. It can be competative so you have to make sure your sim only works with sims who like them. Yes, sims can be deceitful now and take credit of other sim's work. But wait. Experiments can be deadly. Don't unwittingly release a plague and kill off half the population or start a zombie apocolypse. Or was that your intent all along?

There is also a robotics industry that is booming. Sims can work to make helpful robots that do almost all menial tasks, like feeding your pets, taking out the trash, making the beds, or electrocuting burglars and shooting them with fire. These robots are of various types and they are NOT like sims. They do not socialize. They work. If they become defective they can be repeaired or scraped depending upon their level of damage. They can also be made to do evil biddings from their evil creator or reprogrammer, because they can also be stolen, bought and sold.

But all this dynamic gameplay can be configured by the user, the level of chaos. Are the sims pacified drones or are they individuals who do as the please to wreck havoc or not?

We also get to have control over the way the sims dress. Clothing can be tagged: poor/bumb like, posh, western, punk, suburban, etc. and we can specify which type to appear in our hoods. So if we are playing a poor town with vagabonds the sims there can reflect that.

I have more ideas but I'll leave it at this.
Banned
#75 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quote:
Why aren't there collections of trashy broken down, worn out furnishings and rubish? I would actually like to see shitty funiture laid out on the curb as a collectable. Your sim could take it home, clean it up, fix it or paint it or not (depending upon their skill set) to furnish their ratty shed of a house or worn down apartment.

You mean...like the furniture in the junkyard? Or furniture damaged by pets?
Page 3 of 10