Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 9:05 AM
Yay! Exactly the thin I needed. Much obliged.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 6:12 PM
Hey could someone please help me when I try to make a cas screen it doesen't appear in my lots and house bin anyone know why?
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 7:56 PM
i have always wondered how to do that! thanks for the information xx :D
#54 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 2:19 PM
Wow i've always wanted to do something like this i madeone and it's a success!Thanks sooo much!
Space Pony
#55 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 3:51 PM
Great tutorial... I've had fun with this tonight as you can see by my avatar (my new CAS screen)...

At least.... that part was a success... I think I forgot to add a few lights to my 2nd screen, hehe... but I'll get it done properly tomorrow.

Anywhooo, just wanted to say to everyone - thanks for the tutorial and hints and tips anyways =o)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jules
Ok well i'm having some problems naming the first file as it doesnt seem to be working?.....

All files in my lots cat are thee first one being :

cx_Character_cx_00000002_0eabc803.package

and last one being:

cx_Character_cx_00000002_ceac1b5a.package

so far i have tried nameing the file a few different things and loading but the lots bin is always empty.....

cx_Character_cx_00000003????? do i put _.package after or what?
I will keep trying prob something really simple like myself

:confused: [SIZE=5]I am having the same problem[/SIZE] :confused:
Space Pony
#57 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 10:31 AM
You could try doing what I prefer doing when I change something - I also do it because with all my downloads, the game takes FOREVER to load when all I want to do is check something.

ONLY do this if you really know what you're doing!!!!

I just name my The Sims 2 main folder like eeeThe Sims 2, then let the game load and make a fresh The Sims 2 folder. Then I just name back and forth depending on which version I want to use....

But anyways, with the fresh copy, you'll be able to find the lot to change really simply.. and it won't mess with your "real" game.

Then just follow the instructions and put your new Cas one in the "real" game Downloads folder, rename it back to The Sims 2 and make your fresh copy to dddThe Sims 2... etc.... so that it doesn't load... and anytime you want to check stuff in the game, just swap folders again...

Errr.. hope that makes sense to someone, lol!
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 2:47 AM
Hey i have wanted this help also and so far i was doing pretty good until I got to step 4 now. Number 13 is no where to be found in my thing that i know of if u can help thanks.
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by l33t3rth4nur1112
Incidentally, if you don't like replacing stuff in your main Sims 2 folder (a good philosophy to have), you can put your finished "CAS!.package" in your Downloads folder instead.

I recommend this if more than one person plays on your PC (i.e., different Windows user accounts). Now I can use custom content (such as downloaded objects/papers/whatever...perhaps custom "still life" paintings?) in a custom CAS scene without the risk of crashing my wife's game just because she lacks the custom content.

Thanks for the tip, the rest of my fam plays on my computer and I have quite a few things they don't and if the game crashed because I did something...well let's just say it wouldn't be pretty.
Test Subject
#60 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 11:37 PM
I've followed the instructions on this thread and created these two.

The regular
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...202/AnnaCAS.jpg

and my YACAS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...202/1BobbyA.jpg

But these are before I got my copy of Nightlife. I'm planning to change it again.

Do I have to paste my custom lots to all three global lots (Sims2 Base, Uni, Nightlife) folder in order for the custom CAS to show in Nightlife?

Thanks. :wave:

--------------------------
~Currently Playing with my BJDs, Sims 2 and Sims 4~
not really into Sims 3...
Test Subject
#61 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:09 AM
I've made a ton of CAS screens, and they all work fine, so I decided to make a YACAS screen and when I got in game, and wanted to see how it turned out, there were no objects in it.. just the different wallpaper/floors.. the podium and everything was moved to where I put it, but none of the items I placed were there.

Anyone have a clue for me?

Also: I placed it in my C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\GlobalLots, and when that didn't work, I tried putting it in the dowloads folder.. still nothing.

Note: If you want to appear Canadian, all you have to do is tuck a beaver under your arm and stroll along humming the Hockey Night in Canada theme song.
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 9:31 AM
tanderines :D
Field Researcher
#63 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 7:31 AM
look at that me 1st modified cas that actually working thanks :banana:
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 9:42 PM
will this take the place of the original CAS?

<3

Laura
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 4:23 AM Last edited by paperweight : 24th Dec 2005 at 5:54 AM.
Ok. i just got through this.now i'm looking at other peoples CAS screens and their's don't have the pictures hanging on the wall
. HOW??? :insane:
Field Researcher
#66 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 9:53 PM
I just finished one! That was fun A bit tricky though. The only object I could delete and replace was the window.

i'm not mean
you're just stupid
http://reronaville.myminicity.com/
Field Researcher
#67 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 1:45 AM
thanks too useful

Adicta a los Sims xD (parece que no soy la unica!!:P)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 3:05 AM Last edited by Leonesse : 10th Jan 2006 at 3:07 AM. Reason: add a sentance
Default Thanks
Just wanted to say "thanks alot" for the tutorial. After alot of back and forth tweaking, I have my first CAS screen and I like it alot.

I place walls on if front of the back painting in order to hide them and deleted the window. Everything else was just deco. I'll definately be doing more in the future when I get bored with this one.

One big question, for anyone who may have the answer...

Would it cause game conflicts if I kept a copy of CAS! in the Lot catalog so that I could make a new screen whenever I wanted, without have to cut and paste the CAS! file? ( I have it placed in my downloads folder).

Just wondering... since in the lot catalog it has a different name, I wondered if it could stay there as long as there was a CAS! file in downloads or the original location.

I'm including a pic of my CAS just to show off... hehe. If people like it, maybe I'll upload it here. (if I get permission from a couple of cc creators) :wavegbye:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 6:35 AM
Leonnese I like your cas alot...when are you going upl it?

Administrator of Her Opinion
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 3:27 AM
Thanks booba. The main wallpaper in the CAS was made by me, but not the recolors, the flower vase and a wallpaper that is on a wall behind the window. I think I should ask the artists for their permission before I upload a CAS screen with their CC in it.

I wouldn't mind someone using mine (credit is always nice but let's face it... it's a game). Some artists however, are exclusive about their stuff and the last thing I want to do is piss someone off at me... hehe
Banned
#71 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 4:29 PM
Something is really wrong with my Create-a-sim background of my game. I downloaded somebody's CAS screen and it showed up alright, which is great and all, but is now stuck there for ever. it was The "Garden Theme w/ waterfall created by x Tiana A x. When I wanted to replace it with someone else's CAS screen, it just continued to stay Tiana's Garden background. What's happening? Is there a way you can help me? I'd appreciate it very much
Test Subject
#72 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 3:41 PM
when i put the copy in the uni folder do i leave the name of my modified CAS screen "CAS!.package", and change the name of the one presantly in the folder?
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 7:38 AM
thanx soo much! it was sooo much easier than i thought!! Thank you!!! :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 6:01 PM
i got so far as to get the wierd house, and redecorate it, but when i replaced the old cas, it didn't work! :disagree: Could someone help me?
Test Subject
#75 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 8:38 PM
:cdance: Yay! I figured it out! Instead of putting it in downloads, or where the old CAS was, I had to put it in both!! Now it works, and my CAS is no longer boring!!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Ancient thread - please see tutorial.
Page 3 of 8