Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 12:44 AM
Thanks so much
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:41 PM
You are amazing! Although I haven't used this yet, I will soon!
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 8:06 PM
It worked to get it in the bin, but then it froze!!!
Scholar
#29 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 8:50 PM
I'm trying to make my own CAS, but I can't get rid of the Picture and the chair to had new stuff. Can anyone help me?
#30 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 1:37 AM
Default Uni CAs Screen
where do u go to replace that?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd May 2005 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for this tut!

I've made several CAS & YCAS-screens with your help.

However, when I get to step 15 I don't go to globallots.folder an replace the original CAS.package. I put my package in downloads.folder instead-it works just fine and I don't have to fiddle with the original CAS.
When I get tired of my custom CAS screens I simply remove them from downloadsfolder.

Rythela, you can't take away the chair or paintings,they are part of the set.You can hide it in various ways,with walls,plants etc. Use the cheat "moveobjects on" and experiment.Good luck :howdy:

Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th May 2005 at 1:09 PM
Default Question about about the original CAS's!
Quote: Originally posted by sussifriberg
Thanks for this tut!

I've made several CAS & YCAS-screens with your help.

However, when I get to step 15 I don't go to globallots.folder an replace the original CAS.package. I put my package in downloads.folder instead-it works just fine and I don't have to fiddle with the original CAS.
When I get tired of my custom CAS screens I simply remove them from downloadsfolder.

Rythela, you can't take away the chair or paintings,they are part of the set.You can hide it in various ways,with walls,plants etc. Use the cheat "moveobjects on" and experiment.Good luck :howdy:

Thanks again!

Once you've created the new CAS do you put just the one new CAS in downloads from both the Sims2 and Sims2University and leave the orignals alone in their global folders or do you just put the the new CAS in downloads and for both games?

"Smile when it rains"
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th May 2005 at 10:11 PM
youre the best ka5fun i have made about two now
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th May 2005 at 12:17 AM
How do you but together objects ?
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 8:56 PM
you don't go to my documents what do you do???
[step 3]
Field Researcher
#36 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:07 PM
3. Find your Sims 2 folder NOT in my documents, but where you said to download it (normally C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims 2 or something like that).

...C:\ProgramFiles\Maxis\TheSims2
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:16 PM
where do you find that on your computer?
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 2:17 AM
WOW this is easy! but in a way hard!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Konecoshushi
Once you've created the new CAS do you put just the one new CAS in downloads from both the Sims2 and Sims2University and leave the orignals alone in their global folders or do you just put the the new CAS in downloads and for both games?

Yes,I put the new CAS & the new YACAS in My documents/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads!
This way you don't have to replace the original CAS in global lots & maybe forget where you put the backup.
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 4:19 AM
I got everything working for me so far except that i want to get rid of the podium, or take it off screen without the camera following it. Does anyone know how i can edit the camera?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#41 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 9:44 PM
MikeInside has his own tutorial, too:

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/hacks/casmod.html
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:44 PM
i just wanted to say that i have uni, and i always put my custom CAS screens in only the uni folder, and my game doesn't crash...

but maybe i'm just lucky?
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 9:35 PM
omg, i tried making a new CAS screen, and i went to check it, and everything was pale blue. just pale blue. no sim, no nothing.
what happened??
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Jul 2005 at 3:35 AM
Wow! Thanks for the info! You helped me with my Sims 2 skills.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 1:53 PM
i know you have said is imposible to get rid of the picture sin the wall and the couch but I have seen a lot of CAS without them .How can this be posible?
Forum Resident
#46 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 11:11 PM
I don't know if i am right or anything but you might be able to create a mesh and clone it from the CAS podium. That is how I think it could be done.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 11:58 PM
I just made a CAS and the trick is moving back the CAS podium 1 space.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 8:23 PM
Thanks! I Love This! I Make Cas! All The Timez! Thanks!
Test Subject
#49 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 11:47 AM
Every time i enter the lot the load screen comes up loads then crashes?? WTF is up with that!
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:56 PM
oh i luv this ! thanx!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Ancient thread - please see tutorial.
Page 2 of 8