Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All Bars Serve All Drinks

by Princess Artemis Posted 17th Feb 2012 at 7:07 PM - Updated 23rd Nov 2013 at 12:53 AM by Princess Artemis : update for 1.63

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:11 PM
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:16 PM
What a great idea =D

Now I can make my sims crazy! HAHAHA
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:20 PM
Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:04 PM
Thank you soo much! This is so totally helpful. c:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:12 AM
Amazing idea .
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:19 PM
This is great thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 7:04 PM
Thanks! Very useful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 9:13 PM
This is so incredible useful. I've been working on a bar/bakery that I want labeled as a hangout... except it only serves one type of drink. This makes my dream a reality!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 9:20 PM
Ok this is good. Makes more sense anyway. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:30 AM
What a great idea!
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:02 PM
Thank you so much for this! No more having to squeeze in bars and clubs in a tiny, one-horse town!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 7:23 PM
Thank you this always bothered me :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 9:41 PM
Thank you this mod was a much needed on I want to ask will this mod conflict with the mod on here that changes the bar hours? I just wanted to check before I install.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Terri42
Thank you this mod was a much needed on I want to ask will this mod conflict with the mod on here that changes the bar hours? I just wanted to check before I install.

I'm not positive, but I suspect that it will. I believe the venue hours are set by the same XML this mod modifies.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:35 PM
Thank you, I didn't even realise you couldn't order all kinds of drinks, but then again I've never had a sim who wants to be a mixologist...
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:25 AM
Patch 1.31 update for this or will it work with out it being update?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:47 AM
I haven't got myself patched to 1.31 yet; I'll get to that this week and update the main post one way or another.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:49 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 7th Mar 2012 at 5:02 PM.
It works for me, but needs some modification to add the new EP venues.

(In case you want the names of them...I tracked them down in CAW: PerformanceClub, Bistro, PrivateVenue & BigShow. Hangout would be a good one to add, also.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:50 AM
Those venues aren't in the 1.31 patch Bars XML. As I do not have Showtime, there's no way for me to know if Showtime venues would serve Late Night drinks. If they do, it might be in a different XML.

Thanks for looking--this one as it stands will work with 1.31. If/when I get Showtime, I'll look into that.
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:28 PM
Hi,
is it possible to do that mod for food, too? I'm annoyed, that my sims are almost starving in starlight shores, because they can't order any food (for example) in the caraoke bar, even when I changed the bar type! It would be great, if they could order food there, too.
By the way, do you still need mixing skills, to make the different drinks? Otherwise the mixing career could be soon boring.
Sorry, for my bad english!
Bye
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 5:57 PM
That strikes me as something that would require a scripting mod in order to add 'order food' to the proprietors of those venues. That sounds possible, but it's not something I feel I could do yet.

This mod doesn't change anything about the mixology skill, so yes, you still need it to for different mood drinks.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Artemis
Those venues aren't in the 1.31 patch Bars XML. As I do not have Showtime, there's no way for me to know if Showtime venues would serve Late Night drinks. If they do, it might be in a different XML.

Thanks for looking--this one as it stands will work with 1.31. If/when I get Showtime, I'll look into that.

the showtime venues will serve late night drinks if you put a professional bar there. but they only serve the spline reticulator and no food. it would be great if you could mod them to serve all the drinks and bar food, if you get Showtime
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 11:48 PM Last edited by Princess Artemis : 9th Aug 2012 at 12:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
the showtime venues will serve late night drinks if you put a professional bar there. but they only serve the spline reticulator and no food. it would be great if you could mod them to serve all the drinks and bar food, if you get Showtime

Ahh, that I think I can change without scripting, though if I'm right, it will affect any non-venue NPC mixologist in the game. That is to say, if you place a professional bar in a park, they would serve all the drinks and some food.

Try this version--if it has all the drinks in a Showtime venue equipped with a pro bar and adds nachos and onion rings to order, then I'll add it to the main post.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Artemis
Ahh, that I think I can change without scripting, though if I'm right, it will affect any non-venue NPC mixologist in the game. That is to say, if you place a professional bar in a park, they would serve all the drinks and some food.

Try this version--if it has all the drinks in a Showtime venue equipped with a pro bar and adds nachos and onion rings to order, then I'll add it to the main post.

Oh thanks, I will try it, too. This could solve my problems, when I could order some finger food at the karaoke bar and so on. I had changed the bar type to a professional bar there before and there wasn't any food. Do you know the "trigger", that puts food to this bar type in NL? Do you have to change the lot type to "Club" and so on (NL lot types)? But then you aren't able to perform a show (with "Showtime") there?! Aargh, it drives me crazy, that EA isn't able to combine the different Addons in Sims 3, as they did in Sims 2 (which was working very fine and I loved it).
Thanks to all modders!
Page 1 of 3