Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Furniture What Matches: The Contorto Chair and the Beta Fomicron Table

by iCad Posted 14th Feb 2012 at 1:00 AM
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 1:22 AM
They do look great together and of course your colors are awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 2:07 AM
Thanks! I love all your color options!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 2:50 AM
They do look nice together, and since you're icadifying everything, it all goes together with everything else!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 2:52 AM
thank you very much , the colors are great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:48 AM
I love everything that you do. I think 95% of my downloads are your creations. I have to say my sims houses never looked better. Thanks again for all your hard work that you have put into these and for everything in the future! Your The Best!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 12:17 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:52 PM
Stop it! You are spoiling us! (Pretty soon I will be unable to put anything in my Sim houses that does NOT match these gorgeous colors. Wait. I'm already there. Never mind.)

I have always loved that table from pets, but I never thought of pairing it with those chairs. Now I can, and they will match, and I can even put this little one in the kitchen with a bigger table in the dining room (the glass-topped one from the "loft" set would do nicely), and they will still match, and did I mention my new-found love for matching?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:00 PM
I would never have thought of pairing these chairs and table. Of course, thanks to Eaxis' funk-tabulous coloring of stuff, why would I? Your recolors really bring it all together nicely. *places in downloads folder and sits on it like an overstuffed suitcase*
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 11:57 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone. They really do keep me motivated to keep uploading this stuff. I love you all. :lovestruc

@ADolphnsDream: You're welcome. I do like cohesive houses, too, and I'm finding that recoloring Maxis stuff so that it all matches, plus utilizing all the awesome slaved "completer" pieces of Maxis stuff that various creators have made, has allowed me to get rid of most of my completely custom furniture, and that's made my Downloads folder smaller, even though I've got tons of recolors. Recolors are smaller than meshes + colors, so... It's a win, all around.

@AranelS: Yeah, I aim to spoil. Or maybe I just aim to spread the "matching gospel." Because even though it's somewhat "unrealistic," I suppose, it does make me more able to look at a Sim's house without flinching so damn much. And yeah, I'll often put this little set in a kitchen as a dinette while using the "loft" set in the formal dining room (if there is one). Or, sometimes it'll be the dining room set until the family can afford the rather expensive "loft" set. And then I'll put other glass-topped tables throughout the rest of the house. I guess I really am OCD about matching in the game...although I'm really not that way in real life at all. Funny how that works...

@COEG: That's the idea, that everything will be interchangeable. So if you want to be weird and pair a Victorian chair with a modern table, you can...Um, sort of. Eclecticism FTW!

@MacApple: I also aim to explode everyone's Downloads folder. I figure I might as well share my pain, y'know?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 3:49 AM
icad, these are beautiful. I fell in love with your wood colors way back when there were only fences, stairs and floors. And now (eventually) I'll get your awesome wood colors on MATCHING furniture. You are awesome. ~VP
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 1:13 PM
I never thought of putting these together, but now that I look at them together, I kind of like the subtle retro (or modern, depending how you look at it) effect. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 3:11 PM
I've always loved both of these items and now I can use them together...and they will match!! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:28 AM
iCad you are a genious!! I've waited for the recolors on these chairs and I have to say I absolutely love them. Incidentially I learned a new word. MacApple decribed eaxis' color schemes as 'funktabulous'! I'm still laughing really hard at that one but the description is correct. You are the perfect solution that problem though. Thanks for sharing : )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 10:08 PM
More matching furniture! I love your recolors. They make my game look so much nicer. Thank you for continuing to enable my OCD ^.^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:05 AM
YES!!!!!! This will be great for all those OCDers like me who must have more matching furniture. Thank YOU!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 12:59 AM
Yay! I've been refusing to use these chairs because of how much I disliked Maxis' color choices for it. xD haha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 8:46 AM
Thanks You