Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Granny Makes a Splash! - Swimwear / Undie DEFAULTS, New Swimwear

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 3rd Jan 2012 at 9:53 AM - Updated 29th Feb 2012 at 11:59 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 10:46 AM
Thank you for this! Now our grannies will make a splash indeed, your versions look so much nicer than the originals. I've never understood why Maxis hates elders so much. What, as soon as you've hit 60 (or whatever age Maxis thinks qualifies as "elder"), you can no longer have nice clothes and will pull your trousers up under your armpits? Right.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:35 PM
Thank you! These are so far superior to what the poor elders were stuck with....I'm right with NixNivis- what have older people done to deserve such a short shrift from EA?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 4:40 PM
Oh, thank goodness! I go away for a while, and come back to shaped-up grannies - YAY! (I think they were working out for the last 3 months or so ;-D)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 5:05 PM
Ohh so that's why your elders look so much better than mine! :O
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 5:50 PM
Yes, this is needed. Those textures were hideous and I never understood the stick arms/weird bodyshapes for elders. Thank you!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:47 PM
Thank you for the comments, they are much appreciated. Poor elders got most of their meshes when EA's art department was going for a cartoony look. Then they changed to more realistic later, but almost stopped making stuff for elders!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 9:14 PM
Now that I'm actually getting nearer to 60 than I'd like to admit (I still have some years, but I'm no young pup), I am starting to resent that elder bodyshape more and more. Most people who are 60-ish who I know do NOT slouch, and if anything is sagging, they buy the proper undergarments or bathing suits to ... errr .... prop things up a little. Thank you for recognizing that, Cat!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 10:50 PM
These are so much better, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 5:48 AM
Very nice! Our poor elders can look better now!
Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 3:12 AM
I've been on a default replacing kick lately and this fills a vastly annoying hole.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 4:28 AM
Check out how nice these textures look on this new mesh.

Granny's Lovely Swimwear (nichellerj, hrekkjavaka astarkort, Madizzo)
Granny's Vintage Swimwear (Violet_Tonks)
Granny's Retro Swimwear (raggedyanne562)

Screenshots

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 5:21 AM
My elder sim females and I thank you very much for this! The Maxis elder female simwear is, frankly, ugly as heck, and don't even get me started on that awful saggy breasts and stick limbs elder Maxis mesh! Now my grannys don't have to look like death warmed over anymore!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 2:39 PM
Thank you! It's amazing how a few changes to the mesh and editing the textures changes the look of the awful default clothing we were given.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 3:32 AM
Thank you for the better shape. Also, the solid wrap-style textures are great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:44 PM
wow thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 7:24 AM
I got the default replacement mesh. Thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:22 PM
So much better. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 8:02 PM
Thank you for the new swimwear, it's so lovely!