Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM Last edited by heaven : 15th Jan 2012 at 4:37 PM.
Default MTS Official 2012 Calendar Contest: TS2 - Winners Announced!
Official MTS 2012 Calendar Contest: The Sims 2
Use your creativity to showcase your sims in a shot fitting for each month of the year. The picture should be a scene with sims in it representing the "feel" of a particular month. Have the family gathered for Christmas dinner? Take a picture! Beach party in June? Please use northern hemisphere seasons.

Rules
1. 1 picture per entry. You may only enter a month one time but may enter 2 separate months.
2. Only 15 entrants per month. Please no place holders. Each spot is only filled once the picture has been submitted.
3. CC is allowed. However, please make sure to follow MTS rules for CC; no pay content.
4. Pictures must be 1000 (width) x 750 (height).
5. No photo editing.
6. When posting your picture, please make sure to include the month it belongs to.
7. Sims 2 only. For Sims 3 version, please go here

Helpful Hint - It will likely produce better results to take your pictures with print-screen than the C key. It should help get bigger, clearer pictures and be easier to crop to get the right size. From the Creator Guidelines for pictures, we have this about C-key shots "Even on the highest picture settings, pictures will still be small, with a very high level of JPEG compression, making them blurry and crunchy. Instead, use Print Screen or a screenshot program."

How to Enter
1. Pick a month and take a picture to represent that month.
2. Upload the picture to any image host - Tinypic, Photobucket, Flickr, or ModYourPanties
3. Start a new post on this thread - click Go Advanced, and you can click the little "Insert Image" icon in the toolbar, or just copy-paste the image location into some [img] tags. Make sure to include which month your picture is for.
4. Submit your post - doing so will submit your entry.

Duration/Time Period
The contest begins December 1st, as soon as this is posted. Contestants will have until December 28th to post pictures. However, if a month fills up before that date, that month will be closed for new entries and judging.

Contestants
15 per month maximum

Judging
Judging will be done by MTS Staff

Scoring
Theme – 10 points Does your picture represent the month you chose?
Creativity – 10 points Originality of idea
Style – 10 points Use of space, props, is it pretty?
Rules – 3 points CC adherence, no editing, inclusion of month
This is 33 points x 3 judges will be a maximum of 99 points per entry.

Prizes
Each month in 2012, the corresponding winning image will be posted in site news.
Also, a calendar will be made for download with each winning month.
And, of course, the blue ribbons for each month’s winner.

Chat Thread
If you don’t get a spot in your month, or want to post for more than the allowed amount of months, or just want to chat about the entries, please post in our Chat Thread!

The picture you post will be your final shot - make it good. Posting a random picture of a christmas tree, easter bunny, yourself, etc to reserve a spot is not allowed and it will be deleted. If you want to post pictures like that, please see the chat thread linked above.

Once your post has been added to the table, it may not be changed. Do not change the picture, you may not delete it and enter a new month instead, etc. If you choose to delete your entry, you are removing yourself from the contest and no further entries will be permitted from you.

If anyone is notified that they have used pay content, their entries will be disqualified. The spots they had will NOT be held.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Helptato
#3 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:40 PM

This is my entry for March

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:12 AM
Digital Sympathies - I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the picture should have a sim in it. If you want to retake it with someone in it, I think July will still have spots left to edit it. :p

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 9:11 AM
Default November

A blast from the past

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:11 PM
August
August

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:22 PM
I'd like to point out a resource for composing photos. It's a very short article with lots of explanation for why to do things that way. Check it out!

http://photoinf.com/General/KODAK/g..._of_thirds.html
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 8:39 AM
I've seen that site before, Phae! Very good for painting and sketching too. :3

I took my legacy heiress Claire (in the purple) and her new wife Germanium out on a honeymoon and snapped this shot. Every contest needs more of these two lovelies

This is my new shot for July.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:24 PM Last edited by wgroome : 10th Dec 2011 at 4:34 PM.
This is my entry for February, the month of love.

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:47 AM Last edited by lovelyrayaallday : 14th Dec 2011 at 1:34 AM.
December
picture for december. Is this better? Sorry but my editors wont let the picture be 1000 by 750 instead i did 1000 by 719 is that alright? YAY I DID IT!!!! FINALLY I ACTUALLY DID IT YAY
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:12 AM
lovelyrayaallday - your picture needs to be 1,000 x 750. Right now it is 539 × 388. Please resubmit with the correct size. (Just edit your post and change the image).

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:28 PM
This is my entry for May:

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:33 PM
Hey, look-at-that. We've got half of a calendar.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:38 PM
lovelyrayaallday - Your image is now 1,024 × 737. Again, it needs to be 1,000 x 750. You might want to retake the picture completely and then crop it to be the correct size.

Scholar
#15 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:14 PM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 9th Dec 2011 at 5:38 PM. Reason: No more case of the blurs! :D
Default September
Here's my entry for September!

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:49 PM
Here is my entry for december
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:19 AM

My entry for December
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:20 AM Last edited by eyelleenn : 7th Dec 2011 at 7:03 PM. Reason: More accurate Data for the summition. And new picture with a better capture, same moment... Almost got me insane...
My Entry for June
According to http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/seasons/bass.htm the fishing season for the Largemouth Bass starts on June at Wisconsin's Northern Zone. Once my Sim caught one, I´ll just summit it there.

So, Here it goes...

Entry For June.

* Wrong clothes, Frozen Lake, Print Screen Fight... 24 fishes latter, I managed to get the shot again... well, my Sim won't need shopping for food for a lifetime...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:13 PM
Has anyone mentioned June's Beach Parties?

June, somewhere in Twikki Islands :]
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 2:31 PM
For these entries, it will likely produce better results to take your pictures with print-screen than the C key. It should help get bigger, clearer pictures and be easier to crop to get the right size. From the Creator Guidelines for pictures, we have this about C-key shots "Even on the highest picture settings, pictures will still be small, with a very high level of JPEG compression, making them blurry and crunchy. Instead, use Print Screen or a screenshot program." So, hopefully this will help everyone.

lovelyrayaallday - I'm sorry but the pictures all have to be the same size. I appreciate the efforts and I know you're trying. Maybe you can try again, especially using that piece of advice above to take a new picture. I think there will be spots open for awhile so you don't have to rush.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
For these entries, it will likely produce better results to take your pictures with print-screen than the C key. It should help get bigger, clearer pictures and be easier to crop to get the right size. From the Creator Guidelines for pictures, we have this about C-key shots "Even on the highest picture settings, pictures will still be small, with a very high level of JPEG compression, making them blurry and crunchy. Instead, use Print Screen or a screenshot program." So, hopefully this will help everyone.

Hi, I´d like to ask, if I do it all again, send my Sim to the same spot and get a better picture, can I edit that post, it will be the same picture, more or less because it's a little tricky to get that, but I can do it, patient, .

I'm asking because I'm not used to post stuff into forums (tks for the lil tutorial on how to paste images, I never manage to do that) Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm posting this reply in a wrong thread, but, as I said, just noob here.
Theorist
#22 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:53 PM Last edited by vhanster : 15th Dec 2011 at 3:20 AM.
October

EDIT: resized image
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:03 PM
eyelleenn - Yes you can edit your post. No biggie. When I said final image before, I just meant that, if you post something that doesn't meet the criteria, and your month fills up, then that's too bad.

vhanster - Your image size is so close! 1000 x 700 now. Please resubmit when you get the correct size (1000 x 750).

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#24 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 7:06 PM Last edited by armiel : 28th Dec 2011 at 3:57 PM. Reason: fixed broken pic link - PB bandwidth exceeded
Hihi!

Here are my entries

January:

and...
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#25 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 7:08 PM Last edited by armiel : 28th Dec 2011 at 3:57 PM. Reason: fixed broken pic link - PB bandwidth exceeded
July:

My first picture challenge/contest ever, so please be kind

Page 1 of 8