Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:22 PM Last edited by heaven : 6th Dec 2011 at 5:29 PM.
Default Official 2012 MTS Calendar Contest
Official MTS 2012 Calendar Contest

In just a few short days, we will be launching not one, but two calendar contests for 2012. The contests will run for the entire month of December. There will be one specific for TS2 and one for TS3. This contest will give you a chance to share unique screenshots of your sims celebrating throughout the calendar year.

On December 1st, details and a chance to enter will be posted in the Sims Contests site area.

Use your creativity to showcase your sims in a shot fitting for each month of the year. The picture should be a scene with sims in it representing the "feel" of a particular month. Have the family gathered for Christmas dinner? Take a picture! Beach party in June? Snap that scene! A winner will be chosen for each month for, up to, a total of 24 winners (12 for each game)!

Check back on December 1st, start taking pictures and have fun!

TS2 Contest

TS3 Contest

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
35 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:22 AM
Hi! What if we are like 'brain dead' for some month's ideas but have a couple of good ones otherwise. Can we enter for just a couple of months or do we have to do all 12?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:35 AM
The contest will only take place during the month of December. At the end of the month, winners will be chosen for each month and then the winning pictures will be made into a calendar. Sorry about the confusion!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:37 AM
Is there a limited number of entrants per month of the year? If so, I am gonna go camp in the sims contest forum so I can get my preferred month

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:41 AM
There is a limited amount of entries per month. 15 per month to be precise. However, make sure to read the rules BEFORE posting your entry.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:45 AM
Ok - I know there is gonna be a Rules thread and stuff, but just to get a general idea - in the REAL month of December 2011 we can all posts pics of our sims/houses/pets/worlds and the pic we post is to represent a month on a calendar - right? And there are 15 places in each month...so if I get to the thread too late on 1st December and there are already 15 entries for the month of February I have to pick another month?

OMG...

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:47 AM
Darn! It's a shame I haven't finished all my new outfits or I'd make a winter snow snake scene for January... and a pow-wow horse parade for August.. :D

Ok. I'll see if I can get the old 'imaginative section' neurons fired up.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:49 AM Last edited by porkypine : 27th Nov 2011 at 2:00 AM.
p.s. I think perhaps if we limit each person to one entry per month that we can let in more than 15 for each month? **begs*... *Whimpers*... *tears up pitiful tears**

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:52 AM
Porkypine - we can camp out in the Contests Forum, but I don't have WA so I don't have a tent

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Porkypine - we can camp out in the Contests Forum, but I don't have WA so I don't have a tent

How about an umbrella? An old car that doesn't leak?

We can at least start making up some scenes and getting snapshots. :0) Kentucky Derby is May 4/5 weekend thereabouts.... But May day will probably take that month... the interesting thing will be to see if the entries are May day as in old heathen coming of spring revival or as in political movements.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:02 AM
/me whispers - there is a cap on how many months contestants can enter. But think of the judges! 180 pictures to judge already!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
/me whispers - there is a cap on how many months contestants can enter. But think of the judges! 180 pictures to judge already!

Forum Resident
#13 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 4:20 AM
I have the perfect idea for this for my birth-month! Hopefully CAH will be fixed by then :S
/me also remembers he has to finish a story @.@

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:47 AM
Ooh, I was 'Miss January' in the last Calendar competition, so I'll be keeping my eye on this one!

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=101919
Forum Resident
#15 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:35 PM
I need to do this! O.O

Have you guys decided if you will allow picture editing? Like editing a screenie in Photoshop, or GIMP?

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#16 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
You have Sims 2 Bon Voyage though - so you do have a tent

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 8:38 PM
/lee installs Bon Voyage - good point

The other one
#18 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:35 PM
hrm...*sound of rusty cogs turning*...I can't get christmas out my head, will have to work hard to think of something for the other months :p

Is it too early to give away secrets like whether or not cc will be allowed in full, in part or not at all? If it's allowed/not allowed we can start on set ideas

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:50 PM
Not giving anything else away! I want to leave as much as I can to December 1st. It's only a few days away. /me plugs ears and hums to tune out all requests.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 8:16 AM
This will be hard, seeing as I live in Australia and the MTS community seems to be mostly American... That means no summer Christmas, or winter in July. :/
Instructor
#21 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 2:48 PM
I might try this out. Would be a fun project to help me de-stress from school. I already have ideas in my head.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 6:38 AM
SO umm.. about how many people want in on this....

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 8:24 PM
I'm so excited for this! I will deft be tryin this- can't wait till December 1st! I need to know if we can use cc or not!!

Guess what cheese
Site Helper
#24 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 9:13 PM
All of my sims use the pointed ear sliders, and most of them have wings. I'm another one who is hoping to enter, but if I'm going to have to make actual human sims for it, I'm going to have to pass.

*Ariella and Damien conjure a log cabin in the Contests Forum and set out granola bars for everyone else who is camping out there with them.* ( Just be very careful not to sign anything Damien offers, even if he's "just asking for your autograph!" )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 10:47 PM
Riptide sets up inflatable modern pad in line at forums

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Page 1 of 3