Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Industrial Ladder (Now also stackable)

by misukisu Posted 21st Nov 2011 at 2:54 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2012 at 8:28 AM by misukisu : Noticed a problem when both ladders in use

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 5:32 PM
Awesome, just what I needed for my tiny starter houses
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 5:35 PM
amazing the ladders for TS2 were so helpful - I've been waiting for someone to make one for this for ages! any chance you could find time to make a more homely ladder such as Marvine's Sims 2 one? (http://sims3.modthesims.info/download.php?t=241795)

Once again, thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 5:47 PM
This is so good i can make some great industrial themed buildings now!! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 6:14 PM
Just what I need for quick escape routes in a couple of buildings. It will also reduce the footprint of fire-escapes, as you've shown. I like to design my buildings for real life with Health & Safety in mind.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 7:32 PM
At Last!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM
It's this a script/core mod?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yannickvanloon
It's this a script/core mod?

It's a custom script but is not a core mod therefore will not interfere with or override anything else in the game.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 9:32 PM
Thanks for this. I was just looking at the ladders on the tree houses the other day and wondering why we didn't have ladders. It's a shame about the animation, but my rustic Sims much prefer ladders to ornate staircases...not to mention it's much less space-consuming!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 11:16 PM
I'm seriously considering naming my first born child after you for making this ladder and Inge too for making a script to make it possible... I'm so happy that I can make tiny houses with LADDERS...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 11:19 PM
Can the Generations tree house "ladder" animation be used for this?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 11:33 PM
Weeee! I need this for a loft house. Yay!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 12:19 AM
Finally! I've been waiting and waiting for a ladder. Now, if I can only remember what I was going to do with it. Just one question... is it stackable, like the spiral stairs?

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 1:08 AM
Awesome. This reminds me of the teleportation pad that was available in sims 2 lol
it seems I'm always running out of room for staircases, so this is great THANKS!! :D

--(:-0) THE MONKEYS ARE BACK!! Quick, grab the super ultra-super evaporating cosmic blasting plasma laser beam ultra fine configured supercalafragalisticexpialadotious weapons of choice and start firing before they get to the underwear drawer!! (:-0)--
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 1:22 AM
this is perfect for my tenements in bridgeport im making
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 6:13 AM
Perfect for the hayloft in my barn. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 8:13 AM
Thanks!

It is not stackable, but only because the sims need to get into the ladder from the front and exit from the back.

If I had made it so that the exit would be at the same side, then it could be stackable. It is cloned from spiral stairs, so I guess there is nothing that would stop stacking, if the sims can reach the ladder. I think that type of ladder would be 2-tiles footprint, though, since the sims probably need the floor to get to the stairs.

I am just a beginner creator so I am not going to look into animations now, but if someone wants to do that, I am grateful. These stairs probably do not match the pole distances that the treehouse has (I have not used the treehouse).

I am probably going to do more stairs later, but right now my work is interfering my hobbies quite heavily. I really liked Targa's stairs in Sims 2 and I am probably going to do some similar 2-tile (more regular looking) stairs next.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:11 AM
Great idea, this will be very useful, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:40 AM
That's just awesome! Nice job.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 3:46 PM
This is great, I remember having a similar ladder in Sims 1. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 5:11 PM
Should Have Used Bunk Bed Animation!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM
:lovestruc

I have been waiting for something like this for such a long long time. I really missed my ladder from sims 2 and is perfect for all the lofts I build. Thanks so SO much for making this.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 6:47 AM
amamartin999,
I think that misukisu was having problems implementing the bunk bed animations. Here are the bunk bed animations of getting in and getting out though. They are not in .jazz since I do not know how to convert them into that.

misukisu,
I love this ladder. I am glad to see that you got it uploaded.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 7:38 AM
Thank you, birdyfly!

Is there some tutorial about changing the animations that I could take a look at? All the tutorials that I found are about making totally new animations.

Maybe I could just try to find out the animation name and replace that to the package, similar to what I did to take Inge's script to use?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 7:46 PM
As people have mentioned, (even though I don't know how to do this sort of thing) you could use the bunk-bed animation, or, if that doesn't work, the tree-house animation. For some reason, I think they're one and the same, though.

Anyway, nice job. I love it!
Page 1 of 3