Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TDC95
Ok after I restored my system I went back in-game to test and I re-colored
them as usual but now after I hit the check in CAS it stayed clear and I go in-game to play mode and its clear, I just have 2 recolor it in game once I'm so happy wonder why though I have to recolor it once to make it clear, it doesn't bother me that i have to do that as long as no one else does i will finish them and upload ^^
You cleared your caches before you checked your fixed version didn't you? If not you can get the old cached image showing instead of updates you've made to the .package IMGs.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
You cleared your caches before you checked your fixed version didn't you? If not you can get the old cached image showing instead of updates you've made to the .package IMGs.
Gotcha i'm working on the rest of the overlays i just finished them going to test and ill let ya know how it goes

You think i can upload it here? i'd love to
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:28 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 4th Nov 2011 at 8:22 PM.
Ok great news i fixed the bug where you have to recolor to make it clear and i added 16 more paintings to the frame i posted pic's they look lovely in my opinion, what do you think? im so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they would be excepted since it is a new mesh
Screenshots
Alchemist
#54 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 10:24 PM
Ok great news i fixed the bug where you have to recolor to make it clear and i added 16 more paintings to the frame i posted pic's they look lovely in my opinion, what do you think? im so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they would be excepted since it is a new mesh
They look really nice...I'm glad it all worked out for you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 11:43 PM
They look really nice...I'm glad it all worked out for you
Thanks so much for all your help, i mean this in a non romantic way when i say, i love you!!!!!!!!!!! lol

BTW i will be remaking this in different shapes and sizes if i need help, mind if i p.m you? i wont excessively
Alchemist
#56 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:09 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 5th Nov 2011 at 2:00 AM.
Thanks so much for all your help, i mean this in a non romantic way when i say, i love you!!!!!!!!!!! lol

BTW i will be remaking this in different shapes and sizes if i need help, mind if i p.m you? i wont excessively
Yw. ]If you have questions it's very likely that other people do too...so best to post questions here or in tutorial thread. I'm happy to help and I do watch my tutorial threads and answer questions in them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 8:52 PM
Yw. ]If you have questions it's very likely that other people do too...so best to post questions here or in tutorial thread. I'm happy to help and I do watch my tutorial threads and answer questions in them.
Hey im almost ready to upload just need to work on one more thing, you know those little green squares in-game that are on the floor to show you how much space the object will take up when your placing it? My object only has 2 i'd like to make it 4 how would i do that?
Alchemist
#58 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:40 AM
Hey im almost ready to upload just need to work on one more thing, you know those little green squares in-game that are on the floor to show you how much space the object will take up when your placing it? My object only has 2 i'd like to make it 4 how would i do that?
Those green squares are the FTPT. You need to edit that to match the FTPT of an object like yours that has 4 instead of two.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:56 PM
Those green squares are the FTPT. You need to edit that to match the FTPT of an object like yours that has 4 instead of two.
Would i go under chunk entries like i did for the mask on sp3e?
Alchemist
#60 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 12:16 AM
Would i go under chunk entries like i did for the mask on sp3e?
If there's a painting with four tiles you should be able to copy the FTPT of that painting, rename it so it has the FTPT name of your painting, and then import it into your painting .package. If there isn't a four tile painting you'll have to change the values in s3pe...there's a tutorial in the tutorials section.

I was able to change mine from one tile to two tile by just changing the FTPT so I'm thinking the only part of that you'd need is the part that talks about FTPT...not the rig and vpxy part.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 2:11 PM
If there's a painting with four tiles you should be able to copy the FTPT of that painting, rename it so it has the FTPT name of your painting, and then import it into your painting .package. If there isn't a four tile painting you'll have to change the values in s3pe...there's a tutorial in the tutorials section.

I was able to change mine from one tile to two tile by just changing the FTPT so I'm thinking the only part of that you'd need is the part that talks about FTPT...not the rig and vpxy part.
Ok thanks, i also made another painting its 2 storys tall and its not blurry thanks to you

What tutorial is it under?
Alchemist
#62 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 12:16 AM
Ok thanks, i also made another painting its 2 storys tall and its not blurry thanks to you

What tutorial is it under?
It's here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382724

If I were you I'd try just changing the FTPT part first...I was able to change my painting's in-game footprint by just changing that and leaving the other resources mentioned in that tutorial alone.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 11:32 PM
It's here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382724

If I were you I'd try just changing the FTPT part first...I was able to change my painting's in-game footprint by just changing that and leaving the other resources mentioned in that tutorial alone.
Hey orangemittens i have the FTPT done, i have just been considering what you said about baking a new multiplier in blender, i think i might but is there any way to get some what of a fancy carving? could i put one on my mesh or what would make it possible? I really like the look i have on the frame, but its just so blurry it distracts from my clear painting. In any way could i incorporate carvings on a new multiplier or mesh so the frames still look a little fancy?

Here is an idea of what i originally wanted when i first started http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/2.../showimage.html

Or maybe something like this http://www.dreamstime.com/gold-plat...--image10180382
is it possible?
Alchemist
#64 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 1:29 PM
Hey orangemittens i have the FTPT done, i have just been considering what you said about baking a new multiplier in blender, i think i might but is there any way to get some what of a fancy carving? could i put one on my mesh or what would make it possible? I really like the look i have on the frame, but its just so blurry it distracts from my clear painting. In any way could i incorporate carvings on a new multiplier or mesh so the frames still look a little fancy?

Here is an idea of what i originally wanted when i first started http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/2.../showimage.html

Or maybe something like this http://www.dreamstime.com/gold-plat...--image10180382
is it possible?
There are ways of creating a multiplier from a color picture if the picture is of sufficient size and quality to serve as the base for it. Cmo wrote a tutorial showing one way of going about this. Although the example he was using is a rug the same basic process would work for many things...especially things which are essentially flat like the painting frame you're wanting to make. The tutorial is here:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...:_Designer_Rugs

You would prolly have to tinker around with the settings to make it look how you want it and you could skip the making a mask part if you want the frame a single solid color. To get a better idea of what you're aiming to make take a look at one of EA's carved painting multipliers.

Congrats on getting your FTPT to work
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 3:42 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 21st Nov 2011 at 7:59 PM.
Thank you for the help. but the multiplier isn't lining up properly does that mean i have to edit the mask to?

I'm attaching my New multipliers that i made have a look and tell me what i did wrong.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewMulti.zip (516.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#66 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 7:55 PM
There is a way of making high resolution paintings with the use of multiple overlays and speculars.(and even 2 normalmaps)
You can use the multiplier for your frame while you use a 2nd overlay for your painting.
That way you can use a full 1024x1024 texture for the frame and one for the painting.
Ill post a link the moment i have the tutorial finished.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
There is a way of making high resolution paintings with the use of multiple overlays and speculars.(and even 2 normalmaps)
You can use the multiplier for your frame while you use a 2nd overlay for your painting.
That way you can use a full 1024x1024 texture for the frame and one for the painting.
Ill post a link the moment i have the tutorial finished.
Just saw your post thanks i attached my multipliers in my last post

You guys are awesome
Alchemist
#68 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:16 PM
Thank you for the help. but the multiplier isn't lining up properly does that mean i have to edit the mask to?

I'm attaching my New multipliers that i made have a look and tell me what i did wrong.
Editing the mask won't help line your mesh up on the object. All the mask does is assign which channel governs what part of your object. I would need to see the whole .package to be able to start trying to figure out why things aren't lining up. Which version of S3PE are you using to make your .package. One or two of the deprecated test versions caused some image slipping as a known bug that was weeded out during testing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 3:39 PM
Editing the mask won't help line your mesh up on the object. All the mask does is assign which channel governs what part of your object. I would need to see the whole .package to be able to start trying to figure out why things aren't lining up. Which version of S3PE are you using to make your .package. One or two of the deprecated test versions caused some image slipping as a known bug that was weeded out during testing.
My version of S3PE is 11-1001-1447 i am attaching the .package file with the multipliers, thank you for looking :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Painting with Multi.zip (7.43 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#70 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 4:53 PM
My version of S3PE is 11-1001-1447 i am attaching the .package file with the multipliers, thank you for looking :D
The .package you attached has the EA multiplier in it instead of your new one and the multipliers you have in the zip don't have the same mapping as the .dds's you have in the .package with your images on them. Apply the new multiplier to your object in MS and you'll see that the frame won't fall in the right place on your object. You need to have the object mapped so that all the .dds you put in the .package show up on it in MS how you want them to be in-game.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#71 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 5:16 PM
If you are using the S3PE mesh export/import helper please be aware that the latest version is here: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=736.0 and fixes various issues related to "slippage"

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 2:48 AM
The .package you attached has the EA multiplier in it instead of your new one and the multipliers you have in the zip don't have the same mapping as the .dds's you have in the .package with your images on them. Apply the new multiplier to your object in MS and you'll see that the frame won't fall in the right place on your object. You need to have the object mapped so that all the .dds you put in the .package show up on it in MS how you want them to be in-game.
Show me the mapping tutorial im retarded
Alchemist
#73 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 3:25 AM
Show me the mapping tutorial im retarded
I wrote this one for Sims 2 but it will work for Sims3. The only difference is that in S3 everything has to be on one map unlike in S2 where many things had two maps. If you have questions post 'em here.

http://jaue.com/om/OM_TextureMappingwithMilkshape.rar
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 7:53 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 13th Dec 2011 at 8:17 PM.
I wrote this one for Sims 2 but it will work for Sims3. The only difference is that in S3 everything has to be on one map unlike in S2 where many things had two maps. If you have questions post 'em here.

http://jaue.com/om/OM_TextureMappingwithMilkshape.rar

Hey, ok so the paintings i have done, i have another issue with a mesh, im converting a mesh from the sims 2 its simnuts large 2 story window and in milkshape the one side of the mesh is black and the other is normal. Why is this happening? when i view it in TSRW one the black side is invisible and its the same in-game. This has nothing to do with TSRW because i got the mesh via SimPE I'd also like to let you know when i try to bake this mesh the multiplier keeps coming up black with nothing on it.
Alchemist
#75 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 2:45 AM
Hey, ok so the paintings i have done, i have another issue with a mesh, im converting a mesh from the sims 2 its simnuts large 2 story window and in milkshape the one side of the mesh is black and the other is normal. Why is this happening? when i view it in TSRW one the black side is invisible and its the same in-game. This has nothing to do with TSRW because i got the mesh via SimPE I'd also like to let you know when i try to bake this mesh the multiplier keeps coming up black with nothing on it.
Things that are all black like that in MS are invisible on the black parts in game...that's how MS lets you know. I'm not sure what the issue is with the mesh you're having problems baking. Could you post it or at least a picture of it?
Page 3 of 5