Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Halloween Special 2011: Jack's Private Winery

by Yogi-Tea Posted 28th Oct 2011 at 1:59 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2013 at 8:29 AM by Yogi-Tea : links to pictures + walkthrough guide edited due to change of image + file host

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:32 PM
Wow! This is SO cool. It looks like it took a lot of planning and work.
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 7:39 PM
Beautiful home and the hidden rooms are amazing!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:25 PM
Oooh, very spooky, and I love the idea of the hidden rooms!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 12:07 AM
Lovely! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 1:47 AM
I just tried it out in the game. Lovely house! I'm having a bug where neither of my Sims can open the secret doors, though. I'm wondering if it's because I have "Pets" installed, and "Pets" borked some of the World Adventures stuff. Can anyone else get into the secret rooms? My Sims are unable to complete the "inspect" command. The command disappears from their queue really quickly and they decide they want to do something else.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowSong
I just tried it out in the game. Lovely house! I'm having a bug where neither of my Sims can open the secret doors, though. I'm wondering if it's because I have "Pets" installed, and "Pets" borked some of the World Adventures stuff. Can anyone else get into the secret rooms? My Sims are unable to complete the "inspect" command. The command disappears from their queue really quickly and they decide they want to do something else.

It does work with Pets. I playtested the house many times with different sims - before and after I had installed Pets to my game. Could you please tell me what hidden door you tried to inspect? Maybe it's one of those doors that can only be opened with a hidden switch.

@all: Thank you. It took me about two month to finish this house so I'm glad you like it.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 7:12 AM
Neat! I can't wait to see how my Sims fare inside of this lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:19 AM
Amazing, thank you!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 7:26 PM
I tried four different hidden doors and my Sims couldn't open any of them. Three of them were in the wine cellar and one was on the top floor, I believe. Like I said, they lose the command to "inspect" the doors once they find them and refuse to inspect or re-inspect them again. Ugh. So, unless all four require hidden switches to open, it's probably a bug in my game. I have all the expansions and two of the stuff packs, btw.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowSong
I tried four different hidden doors and my Sims couldn't open any of them. Three of them were in the wine cellar and one was on the top floor, I believe. Like I said, they lose the command to "inspect" the doors once they find them and refuse to inspect or re-inspect them again. Ugh. So, unless all four require hidden switches to open, it's probably a bug in my game. I have all the expansions and two of the stuff packs, btw.

I see. Your sim can't open those doors manually - it's just as I said, some doors need to be opened with a hidden switch or something like that.

If you don't want to open the Walkthrough Guide I made have a look at the following spoilers:

You may have a look at the Walkthrough to see pictures how it works. Enjoy the game!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
I see. Your sim can't open those doors manually - it's just as I said, some doors need to be opened with a hidden switch or something like that.

You're awesome. I'll go into my game and try again, then. Thanks.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
It does work with Pets. I playtested the house many times with different sims - before and after I had installed Pets to my game. Could you please tell me what hidden door you tried to inspect? Maybe it's one of those doors that can only be opened with a hidden switch.

@all: Thank you. It took me about two month to finish this house so I'm glad you like it.

does it work with the sims3 late night expansion pack?
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElwoodFenris
does it work with the sims3 late night expansion pack?

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work with LN - I have all expansion packs installed - you just need to have the newest patch installed to your game, otherwise it might not work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 3:40 AM
this is one of my favourit homes thanks so much
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:36 AM
thanks for this original creation !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th May 2013 at 6:29 PM
Thank you for this awesome tomb! I'm playing in Moonlight Falls right now, and that tomb will fit perfectly in my game. My sim is a beautiful, irresistable, evil, murdering witch, who can't wait to explore your tomb. By the way, can this be used as a residence, or only as a tomb?
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th May 2013 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simaholic63
Thank you for this awesome tomb! I'm playing in Moonlight Falls right now, and that tomb will fit perfectly in my game. My sim is a beautiful, irresistable, evil, murdering witch, who can't wait to explore your tomb. By the way, can this be used as a residence, or only as a tomb?
Sure! You can use it as a residential home, too. I had a sim live in this house while playtesting. Enjoy!