Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval recolour of Phaenoh's Phone Book

by Alraris Posted 23rd Sep 2011 at 4:31 PM

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 4:52 PM
Medieval downloaders thank you for this. I honestly haven't seen the original object until now. Not because it's not awesome, but I tend to mainly download things I can include in lots.

While I cannot include this in lots, it will make a great addition to my middle age hood, which is ever expanding into a spectacular medieval monstrosity!

Thanks for sharing this beautiful recolor!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 6:30 PM
So nice, thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 8:59 PM
Beautiful work Alraris, and thank you for uploading it here also.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 10:57 PM
beautiful
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 1:26 AM
Alraris, this is a lovely recolor. I'm very pleased with the beautiful texture detail you included in your version. I'm totally downloading it

StephSim, you can place my objects in your lots, but then you need to remove them via CleanInstaller so that the downloader gets the most up-to-date version from me. As long as they remember to come to me and download it, your lot will look just like how you make it. Hope that's clears some things up.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 6:01 AM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Sep 2011 at 6:25 AM.
Phaenoh Thanks for the info. I guess I should not have said "cannot" in the general sense. I already do what you suggested on occassion in removing the object before packaging (as I have done with your Blacksmith Station several times). CEP is iffy with that sort of thing in my experience, at times creating "empty packages" of what remains. For me to take time to do this is an exception. An item has to be both "necessary" to the lot and unique. With themed lots, I try to use a set pool of objects that can be included in lots. Using items that cannot be included in lots is quite time consuming and adds to the zipping and uploading process. It requires keeping up with which items cannot be packaged, going in and out of game, removing objects and providing additional explanations and links (which are not always reliable) to downloaders about the objects in the upload text. I also prefer the lots be download friendly (without sending people on "shopping" sprees) whenever possible. While I do understand your reasoning for the most up-to-date versions of your objects being in downloaded lots, I prefer to keep lot uploading and downloading as simple as possible. After all, as a lot designer, I do believe it should be about the creativity, functionality and design of the lot foremost and not so much about the objects used to enhance it.

But...enough of that...because I love this object all the same. It's unique and allows my Simmies the means to forge new friendships. While I may not include it in my lots, I will download it for personal game-play purposes.

Alraris, My apologies for temporarily hi-jacking your thread. After loading the recolour in-game, I must say that I love the textures you used. The Phone Book recolour compliments many of the other "medieval" books and book stacks I have lying about in my playable medieval neighborhood!

So, a big thank you to Phaenoh for the original and to you, Alraris for the brilliant medieval recolor!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 7:34 AM
StephSim, if you try to save on top of your original package (ie, without renaming it) it will often create the empty package that you've mentioned. Simply changing the 'save as' name will prevent that from happening. I do agree with not sending people on shopping sprees, for things like walls and floors and recolors; stuff that won't likely ever get updated, cuz long shopping lists are a pain, but CC that imports with lots sometimes saves itself with names like df8o34ef6nkh.package and that can be just as annoying if not more.

Come on people! Download Alraris's bitchin' sweet recolor!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 11:25 AM
Thank You all You enjoy it and feel free to hijack thread as much as You like, I'm glad You found some use of it :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 3:15 PM
Very beautiful
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 11:05 PM
This is way too awesome. My Medieval sims will be pleased to have this phone book. Many thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 2:38 AM
I don't even have a medieval 'hood, but had to have this anyway. It's beautiful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:11 AM
So much better than the original! Thanks :)