Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Is this a tool you would are interested in?
Yes, I look forward to using this application
50 98.04%
No, don't waste your time on such a lame thing
1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

#26 Old 10th May 2005 at 10:47 PM
Really simple question, I know, but I just can't figure it out - where in the world DO the family albums go when they're saved? I've only been able to find the ones that come preloaded in the game!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 9:30 PM Last edited by taichikitten : 17th Jul 2005 at 9:33 PM. Reason: spelling errors :P
Default A Quick Question about Sims 2 Album
First of all - thank you very much for this utility! I can't tell you how appreciative I am of what it does, and I have great respect for folks like you that work to put programs like this together for the Sim community. I have been experimenting around with putting my stories up on a web page and have found that Sims 2 Album is an invaluable tool, saving a great deal of time and frustration.

That being said.... perhaps I am simply not looking for the right option in the right place, and I apologize if you have been asked this question before ad nauseum... I did read through this thread and did not see it posted....

But, is there any way to export stories via HTML using the "album" format rather than the "blog" format? I can certainly understand how that would be a more difficult process, and I don't really mind having the blog format on my pages, but I've always liked the look and feel of the album format a little better.

Again, thank you so much for the utility! As it is, I am completely satisfied by this tool and plan to use it lots and promote it to others!
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 12:13 AM
I got your message, and finally got the change to check out v.0.8.0. I love the changes you've made. The title of the story now shows as the header at the top of the page, so that's great! It's still working fine for me, both with TS2, and Uni. I can, with no problem, add pics from the household to create the album, and edit the text while not in game, and it's so much easier. I also like the new HTML "save as" options. The CSS/JS advanced viewer is probably the best addition you've made, as now I can save as a storybook as well as a blog. Great changes, all-in-all, and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 8:00 PM
Wow, this sounds really cool! I was just writing a Perl script to take the XML files and make HTML out of them, but it looks like I can just use this and get that function and loads more. Is it pretty stable / reliable? Is it "alpha" just because the author is modest *8) or is it actually alpha in the "back up your entire Sims tree to CD before each time that you use it, because you never know" sense that some alpha programs are?

Tx much for doing this!
DC
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 10:19 PM
Thank you!
I'm coming to this a little late, but....

Wanted to say thank you for this great tool!! Converting the files into html files is a HUGE help to me, and makes publishing to webs MUCH easier!!!! So thanks!!

My only suggestion at this point would be to add the capability to make an .html file that has all dialogue and FULL size pictures, all on one page so the reader doesn't have to click next/previous (but really, the existing is wonderful as is even if you never changed it)

Also, someone asked about finding albums - when I got NightLife, the way the game saved stories changed...so the story files are now in the Neighborhood folders under Storytelling instead of just right under the EA Games folder.

Thanks again, this is an EXCELLENT tool!!!!!!

Rosanna
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 9:54 AM
My text isn't showing up. It works great for pictures, but when I cut and paste it from word and go into my game. The text doesn't show up, and I do make sure to save before exiting the program, but now matter what I do, I still end up with picture, but no text.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 10:15 PM
Ask your support questions in the beta tester thread.

Thank you.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...0944#post420944

The Free Sims 2 Nation - http://sims.dbw.org/
The Sims 2 Storybook Viewer - http://www.transamerican.net/s2album/
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd May 2006 at 7:34 PM
Just started using the editor, and so far it is absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much for making it!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 3:53 AM
I downloaded today. I am not sure why. I type in my story with the picture loaded from the game. I then try to save and it pops up a window stating "XML Interity Fail" "Using backup file for recovery Modifications will not be saved" I have rewrote my story 3 times now and I am a bit frustrated. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but cannot pin point what it is. I did use the save as and it went into HTML form which I copied and pasted to try again...with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!!
Forum Resident
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 4:00 AM
I meant I am not sure why I am having problems. I am losing it LOL. Been online to long tonight. Thanks again for this great storybook any help from anyone would be appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 10:26 PM
I've been using this program for quite some time. It's fantastic and I love it. I just wanted to ask if perhaps in your next version you could include a popup box asking do you wish to save your changes before you exit. Sometimes I write my stories completely using your program and just arrange the pictures after taking them in the sims, but then I exit without remembering to press the save button and lose everything. It would be handy for people like me who are a little forgetful.
Otherwise keep up the great work! I couldn't have put my stories out there for people to read without it!
Cheers,
Listerino

I climb this tower inside my head
A spiral stair above my bed
I dream the stairs don't ask me why,
I throw myself into the sky
Field Researcher
#37 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 12:07 AM
I've always wanted something like this...Way to go Maxis! It's about time.

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 1:57 AM
I've been using this for a while, and it is a great tool. A couple of comments:

It would be really great if, when you are looking for a pic to insert, you could go from the last pic to the first, instead of having to flick through the whole list.

There is an issue when you are writing both in the editor and in the game, that if you check the option not to show already used pictures, the editor thinks ones you put in in-game are not yet in the story. Don't know how hard this is to fix.

One thing that would be great is if there was an option for the editor to recognise subfolders. I tend to move my pics into a subfolder after I publish a story so I don't have to look through 1000 pictures to find the one I want.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 10:48 PM
I've been using this for a while too. Two things I've noticed:

i) There's no problems saving an existing story, but for one I'd not written in before, on trying to save I get the "XML Interity Fail" "Using backup file for recovery Modifications will not be saved" error. Maybe that's the only reason it's not working?
ii) On the snapshot browser, the "insert at end" option is greyed out. Does it not work yet?

Other than that, it's a great tool and much quicker than the in-game editor, thanks!
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 7:30 PM
Hi, I just downloaded this program. I basically finished up a story I was writing. But when I went into the game, and into the lot where the story was, the story was deleted. The pcitures were in the bin, but the side panel was blank. I then went back to the program, and sure enough, nothing there. Luckily, I backed up my neighborhood, so I didn't loose much, but what happened? I saved often along the way, and saved at the end. Was I suppose to click on "save as..." and save it as something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other than this, I have to say, I like the program. I just don't know how it's useful for me if I can't get my stories out there...
Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 2:03 AM Last edited by Griffinz : 29th Mar 2007 at 1:50 AM.
I think this is a really old thread. But I've been looking for it and finally found it. I need some support with the program, but I'm not sure where to find it, so I'll post here, redirect me to where to ask support questions about this if anyone will.

Problems:

After I edited the story with this program, and saved it. I went into Sims 2 (in-game) and the text didn't change at all. When I First opened it, the text was '123', after I edited, I change the text to "123edit" but when I got back into the game, the text didn't change at all. What's up with that?

And If I change something inside the game, say I change 123 (which was supposed to be 123edit by now) to 123haha. Then if I open up the story in storybook, then the text will be 123haha. But what I'm trying to do is to edit the story in the storybook and save it so it will be the same when inside the game.

Questions:

Say I completed a story and exported into HTML file or something (and saved it under a different directory bringing all the needed pictures along). Ok, now when I go back into the game (Sims 2). How do I remove all of those pictures in story mode on the side panel WITHOUT removing each one manually?

Okay, now say I removed all the pictures, what if I have a sudden urge to put it back on? Can I use the storybook to open up the XML file containing the completed story and save it back into the webentry that is now empty? If I go back into the game, will it show up?

Will anyone please help me?

Anyone?
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 10:45 PM
Fantastic idea! Storytelling is one of my favorite aspects of the game, but being in-game distracts me a lot. I keep wanting to grow up this or that sim, or get this or that promotion... Hopefully, I'll be able to flesh out my families' yarns with this, free of gameplay distractions.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 8:35 PM
Quote:
Say I completed a story and exported into HTML file or something (and saved it under a different directory bringing all the needed pictures along). Ok, now when I go back into the game (Sims 2). How do I remove all of those pictures in story mode on the side panel WITHOUT removing each one manually?
I don't know if this is what you want, but the easiest thing is to just delete the actual XML file. The game will then create a new blank storybook when you go into storytelling mode for the lot.

Quote:
Okay, now say I removed all the pictures, what if I have a sudden urge to put it back on? Can I use the storybook to open up the XML file containing the completed story and save it back into the webentry that is now empty? If I go back into the game, will it show up?
Yes, as long as you copy all the pictures as well. If the pictures aren't there the text should still show up with just blank squares for the pics. This has been my experience anyway. Usually I will just use a folder separate from the game for my storytelling, just copy over the pictures as you need them, it's a lot easier and quicker in my experience.

Has this project been abandoned then? The transamerican.net link doesn't work anymore and I want to get rid of the annoying nag message you get after 60 days or whatever.

Silver's Sim Stuff - My sim stories and a lil bit o' custom content
Test Subject
#44 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 6:48 PM
thx for the program; a forumer directed me to it, and i was able to force images into my story book, being unable to locate them previous to using this
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 10:51 PM
This program is not working for me. I have a neighborhood story that is about 1400 frames long. Perhaps that is the reason. The error: runtime error '9'. Subscript out of range. Any idea what this means? I only want to copy an existing story to html format. Any help would be appreciated.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#46 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 6:22 PM
Check first that it works with other stories. If it does then that verifies that it is working correctly, and that perhaps the length of the story is too much for the program.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 10:12 AM
Looks like fine program, but the link to the official website won't work for me neither is the link to the ftp.
Tried google and found your thread at TSR: http://www.geocities.com/coltswalker/s2album/
that won't work either, please help me, I'd like to have this program...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#48 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 2:43 PM
?? Works just fine for me:
http://transamerican.net/s2album/
I can download the files, too, and the ftp link works.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 1:05 PM Last edited by Gisburne : 20th Dec 2008 at 1:50 PM. Reason: corrections and additions
The site won't load, and it's not that I have crappy Internet connection, Swedish Broadband; 20/3MB.

I found another thread in this great forum and that adress worked fine, so now I have the program and I love it!

Thanks anyway for taking time to help me. Great big Christmas hug to you and all the rest at modthesims2!

edit: I tried again with another browser, firefox, and I got; Connection interrupted, same as my usual browser, Opera v9.63.
Anyways, I got the prog. as I said earlier, just wanted to let you know that I can't connect to: http://transamerican.net/s2album/
however I try...

I even tried the adress: http://www.transamerican.net/s2album/
that the program it self suggests for updating the program, same result.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#50 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 11:47 PM
It has to be either a problem with your connection, or your browsers as there is no problem with the site. Try emptying your temporary internet files, cookies, caches etc to see if this helps.
Page 2 of 3