Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Porkpie Hats - Accessory or BV Jewelry - Teen to Elder Men

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 17th Aug 2011 at 11:04 AM - Updated 17th Aug 2011 at 4:47 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 11:42 AM
First one to comment.
This is amazing. I really loved the hat, and now we can put it on any (almost) hairstyle.

Thank you very much!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 1:25 PM
This is so cute! I almost didn't get it. Until I saw the pic demonstrating all the maxis hairs. Now my male simmies will soon be wearing hats more often...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 3:19 PM
I'm very happy to have some new hats for my guy sims. It could make for some interesting stories, even if used with some of the hairstyles that stick out. Say the guy who was so vain about his ponytail that he cut holes in his hats to show it off.

Thanks for these!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 6:44 PM
Weeeeeeeeeee! New hat accessory! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 7:55 PM
YAY! Thank you - these are great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 8:05 PM
Fantastic! Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 11:11 PM
Thank you! I hate hat hairs, so this is so much better!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:23 AM
I appreciate the comments, thanks folks.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:44 AM
Very nice! :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 11:30 AM
Excellent - I can get rid of some of the hat-hairs I have.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 11:37 PM Last edited by jeffallenroberts : 19th Aug 2011 at 12:00 AM.
Question, was this tested and approved for BALD heads? I stuck one on Kent Capp and it was translucent. I'll admit to being to eager too post this and not testing it with any other Sim or hair. I really want more hats, this one especially. The textures and fit are beautiful.
Edit: I've now tested more, with Mortimer Goth and Daniel Pleasant. The hat is always translucent, but at normal playing distance the head/hair doesn't show much. My playing style is walls and roof up from a high angle. I have a video card that supports the highest settings possible in game.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffallenroberts
Question, was this tested and approved for BALD heads? I stuck one on Kent Capp and it was translucent. I'll admit to being to eager too post this and not testing it with any other Sim or hair. I really want more hats, this one especially. The textures and fit are beautiful.
Edit: I've now tested more, with Mortimer Goth and Daniel Pleasant. The hat is always translucent, but at normal playing distance the head/hair doesn't show much. My playing style is walls and roof up from a high angle. I have a video card that supports the highest settings possible in game.

I tested these in game and did not see translucent hats, but I'll investigate... will let you know this weekend, since I can't get to my Sims machine until then. Thanks for the post.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 7:16 AM
It's the picture of HPs Cherub hair sticking out of the hat that made me love these Really cute and I think I might get spoiled by having it as an accessory instead of a hair - thank you for sharing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 9:18 AM
Nice work here!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 6:05 PM
Oh, hell... combined with the white searsucker suit with the camera that came with the Journalism career, I can use this hat to make Carl Kolchak into a townie XD Thanks for the great hat!
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th May 2014 at 2:20 AM
do you change the file to .package?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 8:09 PM
Does this hat look ... erm ... inside out(?) to anyone else in game? In the preview it looks fine. But outside of 'make-over' mode it looks ... wrong.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by willow_kidd
Does this hat look ... erm ... inside out(?) to anyone else in game? In the preview it looks fine. But outside of 'make-over' mode it looks ... wrong.
Can you post a picture of the problem? I may be able to duplicate and fix it.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Can you post a picture of the problem? I may be able to duplicate and fix it.

I'll try. But I'm only computer literate enough to make me dangerous. I tried it on two different sims, two different houses, and two different hairstyles. Same thing.
Screenshots
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#21 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 3:52 AM
I was having the same problem. Fixed it by following post #4 in this thread AND also changing the "blend mode" in the "lens" material definition to "none" instead of "blend". I did all these things at the same time so can't say 100% which bit fixed it, but it's fixed. (I believe this is a "Pets" glitch BTW.)

After fixing, delete the "Accessory.cache" file from your My Documents/Sims 2 folder, and change your sim's appearance in a mirror to regenerate the fixed hat.

@CatOfEvilGenius - Thank you so much for this hat! It's absolutely perfect for a new sim of mine... who also happens to use your shirt and hair.