Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 2:46 AM
Aimee:
Very slowly and carefully, she moved forth and stood over Jia's body. She lifted him gently into her arms and carried him into his room. Before she left, she told Blue, "I'm taking him back to his room to give him something so he'll relax. If you'd like to wait, I'll walk with you for a bit. Maybe help you to realize that not everyone here wants to hurt you." Aimee turned on her heel and entered Jia's room, depositing him onto his bed. She began to sing, very quietly, as she readied a syringe of Valium:
"Baby mine, don't you cry,
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine."

Tears rolled down her cheeks as the needle punctured Jia's arm and the clear medicine entered his veins.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Glambert, musical geek, and country girl.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:57 AM
OOC: Sorry for a bit of lateness, haha. I was sick but now I'm all better. Anyway good story progressing!!! Everyone here deserves a high five! Pluumish I agree with your idea. If everyone can start doing the time thing it will be most appreciated. I don't have control over editing the rules yet so I will post this here.
When you post please use this format. [_(location)_]: Morning/ Activity
Here is an example

[Jia's room]: Evening/ Lunch

or you can simply put

[Jia's room]: Lunch

to just show the activity.

If you are posting under someone in the same scene do this

[Continued]

And at the end of the post do this:

[Continue...] to keep the scene going

or

[Scene end] to end the scene

Don't GodMod when something isn't going you way ( You guys wont do this but it has to be said)

Let me know what you think about this new format for posting. I will do my next post like this. If you don't like it or you want to see a change REPLY to this message with your thoughts and ideas.
Test Subject
#53 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:10 AM
[Continued]

Jia:

He could hear footsteps make their way down the hall. Jia's chest seized with helplessness. He was light headed and scared but the dizziness didnt stop. He closed his eyes tight and felt as if there was a shift in reality.

From behind his lids darkness was...electrical. Jia could make nothing out but the thrums of pain. It danced across his eyelids like lightning. He could hear voices, feel arms around his shoulders, but the pain remained. It was empty and full. Limitless and limited. The darkness of his unknown self flooded his veins in remorse and fear. He could feel his hands pulling harshly on his scalp, trying, in vain, to ground him to the earth. Images once again flashed through his mind. Faster than before yet he could just barely make them out.

'Who are you?' he thought. The images wavered before gaining more clarity. It was still too dark but he could faintly make out the sound of crying.

And then he was falling.

Up or down, he wasnt sure, but he screamed. Terror in its purist form whipped him round and round. The wind slashed through this hair like butter, chilling his scalp and sinking in to his thoughts. His voice was raw and it hurt, his screams became torn and gravity pulled small trails of blood from his throat.

The fear was palpable as Jia felt himself being hugged around the shoulders.

Just as he could feel there was an end to the darkness he came to an adrupt halt. His arms were spread eagle, his legs wide and out of control. From his mouth a small drop of blood fell endless in to the darkness. It fell and fell for what seemed like forever before a small 'splat' amplified through the darkness.

And then there was sound.

Foreign words, all of which he could not understand, flew in and out his ears. A womans screams filled his naked ears, raw, hurt, enraged.

"Wǒ de bǎobèi!" she screamed enraged, " Gěi wǒ wǒ de bǎobèi!"

Images swirled to light with the words and there again was the same woman. Her hair was pulled back in a loose pony tail away from her sweat soaked murderous face. Veins stuck out from her stark pale skin and blood caked her hands legs and blankets.

A man was next to her bed, his head bowed and chest heaving. His dark green military uniform clashed with the soft brown colors of the dingy hut, "Nǐ bùnéng yǒu háizi. Bǎobǎo, tā yǐjīng sǐ le."

The woman screamed. A long drawn out wretched sound. "Piànzi! Tā gěi wǒ, gěi wǒ wǒ de bǎobèi!"

Jia could feel himself be lifted from the floor in to warm arms...

The man shook his head before looking up and striking the woman across the cheek. She gave a shocked and incredulous look before he spoke sharply, "Yīng'ér méiyǒu sǐ. Dànshì, bǎobǎo xiànzài shì zhōngguó zhèngfǔ de cáichǎn yǐjí nín de cháng zi. Nǐ kěyǐ mǎi bù qǐ jiàzhuāng. Wǒmen jiāng shā sǐ de nǚhái, bìng cǎiqǔle nánhái!"

"Bùnéng!" the woman screamed sorrowfully. Tears leaked from her narrowed angry eyes as she struggled to rise from the bed. " Gěi wǒ de hái zǐ huíláile! Tāmen shì bùshì nǐ de!"

"Bì zuǐ!" he shouted, ripping a gun from his holster and pointing it at her. He stared the grieving mother down with sharp eyes before motioning to two men standing to the side of the room. "Dáwěi!" he shouted, "Jiù ná yīng'ér, wǒ jiāng cǎiqǔ de nánhái. Wǒmen xiànzài bìxū líkāi"

He could feel himself be laid out on a semi somfortable surface. His eyes cracked briefly to see the sorrow filled face of nurse Aimee. The light in the room became too much as more images pushed themselves forward. He wanted them to stop. 'Please...'

The man nodded before making his way to the side of the womans bed where a make shift cottage was set up. The grieving mother followed his movements and at the last minute threw herself on to the orderly, sending them both stumbling away. A struggle ensured and the room became a scene of chaos. Bloody sheets were ripped from an old mattress as grabbing hands seeked purchase on anything solid.

Baby mine, don't you cry,

The cot was knocked once, twice, before it fell over. The cries of an infant rang loud and harsh through the noise. The second orderly in the corner looked panicked, his eyes roaming to his superior and back to the tied and bound man he was struggling to keep down.

Baby mine, dry your eyes.

Through all the madness no one noticed the dirt covered two year old boy toddle closer from across the hut.

Rest your head close to my heart,

The superior didn't notice as he pointed the gun at the struggling pair; didn't notice as the sweat pooled on his brow as he took aim; didn't notice as he fired.

Silence. As the superior looked from his soldier pushing away the dead mothers carcass, to the infant laying sprawled and dazed on the rugged ground, to the shocked captive and second hand man, his eyes managed to catch the small boy.

Jis struggled to open his eyes. His heart slammed into his chest, strumming with fear.

He watched emotionlessly as the childs glassy eyes went from his face to the dead womans bloody wound. He watched as tears gathered and fell, creating valleys on dirt caked cheeks.

Tears pooled in the corners of his eyes as he struggled to move; to show he was there and awake. 'Help me...please! Wake me up!"

He watched as the boy opened his mouth to let out a wail before he strolled over quickly, raised his gun, and slammed it across the pale cheek.

Never to part, baby of mine.

Jia felt the sharp pain of a needle piercing his skin, sending liquid lava through his veins and straight to his heart...

And like a light; the Jia was out.

[Continue...]

Note: Sorry if this is hard to understand or follow. I've had a terrible time trying to understand how to do bold, italics, and underline. I really don't understand the symbols and UGH so confusing. So I'm going to get a friend to make a tutorial to help along us rp'ers with this process and upload it to here.
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 2:27 AM
OOC: The tutorial has been posted! Check it out!
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 11:25 PM
Default Blue Alone: Lunch

[new scene]

The strange nurse daintily cradled a whimpering Jia into her arms. She walked a short ways into the dark hall, but abruptly stopped as though a thought had struck her.
She glanced over her shoulder, her face obscured by shadow, and spoke in a somber tone, "I'm taking him back to his room to give him something so he'll relax. If you'd like to wait, I'll walk with you for a bit," a pause, then she continued, "Maybe help you to realize that not everyone here wants to hurt you."

Blue's eyes widened for a moment, and then she furrowed her brow.
"Of course," she whispered.

So, she would have a chance to ask her questions after all. Everything felt so bizarre at the moment, as though Blue had just stepped through a gateway to another dimension. She doesn't speak to me like the other staff, but like an acquaintance met on the outside. I want to learn more about her. . .I want to know if I can trust her. The large wall that she had placed around her heart was so easily being chipped away already. As the nurse's light footsteps grew fainter and fainter, a sense of unease trickled its way back into her mind. She glanced about nervously, half expecting the ominous doctor to round the corner. Blue knew little of the woman except that she had a harsh tongue. What she was capable of doing, she was not sure. All she knew was that she did not want to be reintroduced under such circumstance. I could leave. I could just walk back into the caferteria, and then file back into my cell like all the other drones. However, curiosity restrained her better judgement.

She crouched on the linoleum tile and curled her legs into her stomach. With her face buried into her arms, she thought to herself,
Curiosity killed the cat. . .but cats have nine lives. . .right?

[to be continued. . .]
Test Subject
#56 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:52 AM Last edited by Namtab1 : 31st Aug 2011 at 10:22 PM.
OOC: I'm so sorry I haven't been posting I've been busy with school just starting on the 25th (8th grade!). I'm sorry and I'm kinda new at this so if I post something wrong please just tell me.

[new scene]
[Penny: Lunch]
Penny was at lunch. She got her food without a word, ate it without a word, and went back to her room with her nurse again without a word. She felt lonely, she felt like the only weirdo in the world of weirdos. She knew that if she got in any trouble no one would try to help her. No one would protect her from those nurses, those evil nurses. They were ALWAYS there. ALWAYS watching. Never any peace except in her room alone away from reality. Penny easily forgot things and today something happened.

As Penny was walking back from the lunch room she saw a nurse carrying a small child, a small boy. Penny hated children ever since her kid she never trusted them. Sure she hadn't seen one since she was taken here but he thought of them drove her crazy. She saw this kid's face. It troubled her. It looked troubled but peaceful. She kept walking. Something inside of her changed. When she first saw this kid she wanted to kill it. She wanted to get rid of what troubled her. Then she saw his face. She wanted to hold him. She wished she could've had this kid for herself. Maybe she wouldn't have turned out this way. She glance back one more time. Her nurse saw. With his loud voice he said, "C'mon keep walking." It interrupted her thoughts and she forgot everything that had happened, except that face. She forgot the child. Whatever had shifted inside herself and shifted back. But the face, oh that face of mixed emotions. When she got back to her room she curled up on her chair and cried, imagining what could've caused such trouble. She cried herself to sleep. She woke to find herself without words and she sat there staring at wall no thoughts. One song replaying in her head slowly and eerie. The skies were blue and hazy, rarely a storm barely a chill, la la la la la, the afternoons were lazy everything warm everything still, la la la la la, and there was distant music simple and somehow sublime, giving the nation a new syncopation the people called it RAGTIME.

[to be continued]

here's the link to listen to this song just the first part to get an idea
http://grooveshark.com/#/album/Ragtime/395430
It will be listed as Prologue: Ragtime
Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:19 AM
Occ: I am back early! Yaay.

Bethany, sunset/ nurse accomodations:

breathing on a deep breath Bethany saw blackness. Around filling the air were voices of the other staff. Pretending to still be sleeping Bethany heard snatches of the conversation. " She might not wake" sneered one "well, if she doesn't.." Bethany didn't want to hear anymore. How could so few words hurt a person so much. Anguish and anger filled her veins as she peeled back her eyelids. Bethany sat up and rolled her stiff limbs. Sighing she looked over and wasn't surprised by who she saw.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 2:42 AM
Default Aimee: hallway, evening/night
[Continued]
Aimee:
After making certain that Jia was sedated, Aimee slipped silently out of the room and returned to find Blue where Aimee had left her earlier. She smiled slightly and beckoned with her fingers. "Come and walk with me," Though there was no question in the statement, it was meant to be an invitation. One that, she supposed, might be rejected. She hoped it wasn't; Blue obviously needed someone to trust. And she hoped to be that person.

Test Subject
#59 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 10:38 PM
Default Penny: Sunset
As she sat there humming her Ragtime tune Penny remembered where she got it from. When she was younger she was in a production of Ragtime. She sang all the songs all the time. She danced to them and it was fantastic meeting all those kind people. She wondered why she was suddenly remembering it all of the sudden. After all those years of all that crap why did she remember it now?
Test Subject
#60 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 8:18 PM Last edited by pluumish : 2nd Sep 2011 at 6:10 AM.
Default Blue Trusts?: Evening
Blue lay there with her head buried in her hands for quite some time. She had heard the whispering rustles of the crazies being marched back to their cells ages ago, but made no move to leave the spot. Above her head a lightbulb sputtered as it reached the end of its cycle. She reflected on the pattern as it flickered on and off, on and off. Silence bore a hole in her thoughts. The hallway felt hot and sticky, and the tile dug into her bones. How much longer could it be? Is Jia okay? Is she going to betray me? What do I do if all of this has been an elaborate plot to just shove me deeper into this pit? No, no, no, I'm being paranoid. . .paranoid. . . She knew it would soon enough be dusk, and she would need to have returned to her cell for the lithium. She thought of faking her intake for the first time upon arrival. Could she get away with it? She forgot what it was like to not feel a constant stupor washed over her body. How powerful she might feel. . . or perhaps she would be her old self? She couldn't know anymore, for she could barely remember the outside. All the images that came forth were merely fragments and clips. A soft sunlight beaming down, silhouetted figures dancing in circles with their arms tracing twilight skies. A soft hum, like the drone of a radiator grew louder and louder in her thoughts and the images glowed brighter and brighter until they were burnt away.

Suddenly, steps sounded down the hall, crisp and new and coming in her direction. She stared anxiously, biting her lip and ringing her hands. A cold sweat broke over her skin. Around the corner came the strange nurse from earlier, a soft smile was woven over her face. She motioned to Blue with the curl of a finger, and softly spoke, "Come, walk with me."

Blue nodded and hefted herself clumsily to her feet. She suddenly felt like a fearful little girl, drenched in dread and perhaps even shyness. As they began their walk Blue stared faithfully at her feet, catching each crack in the floor.
After a tense silence, Blue finally felt herself cracking. She couldn't take it much longer--the anticipation--the need to talk to someone, anyone.

Her eyes shown fiery and bright as she snapped her attention back to the nurse, "I'm afraid of talking to you right now, terrified, as I'm sure you know. I have known nothing but this place for the last six months, literally, I have made no friends. I save my words, normally. But, today I can't take it anymore. I need answers, but more importantly I need someone I can talk to," she paused to catch a breath--the words were pouring out so fast she could barely had time to think about what she was saying, "So. . . what's your name, love?"
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:27 AM
Default Aimee, hallway, dusk
Continued
Aimee:
She'd waited until Blue rose to her feet before walking down the hall. Her cheeks still shone from tear tracks. Jia was so young, he shouldn't hurt this way. And no one was helping him. Again her hands balled into fists and she bit down hard on her lip as she walked. Blue started to speak, and Aimee stopped, turning to face her. She nodded every few moments, absorbing it all.

"First of all," she said. "I'm sorry for anything my colleagues have said or done to you. They were obviously not given much sympathy training, nor do they have sympathy or empathy at all." Aimee rolled her eyes.

Taking a deep breath, she went on. "And," She shuffled her feet, looking down at them for a few moments before raising her eyes to Blue's. "I want you to trust me. If you don't, that's okay too. I promise you, Blue, I'm not like them. I'm not a robot yet. I have a heart."

She smiled when Blue asked her name. "My name is Aimee. And I hope my name is not one you'll fear."

Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:50 AM
Default Blue Invites: Evening
[Continued Scene: Aimee and Blue]

Blue nodded when Aimee introduced herself, and couldn't help feel a sweet relief wash over her. She had many questions ready to present to the nurse, but she felt that she needed to save her most important for a later moment. So instead she chose to keep her words to a minimum, sharing only the superficial concerns.

"Aimee, I'm glad that you wanted to talk. I have some things that I have been wanting to clear up about this place. And as a staff member, I feel you might shed some light on the subject," she cleared her throat and paused for just a moment, "Do you know anything about what goes around here? Like. . ." again she paused, but this time for some time, gathering her thoughts, "I've noticed a few shady looking men, and some women, lingering around lately. They seem strange, and I don't know what they do. They don't seem to be nurses. They wear strange clothes and have a wild look in their eye, and sometimes they interact with the patients."
An image of the girl, her wide green eyes and soft smile, came to mind.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 7:59 PM
Default Aimee and Blue, continued
Continued
Aimee:
Aimee nodded as Blue spoke. At every pause she looked back to ensure she was still being followed. Finally, she answered. "It's likely that these strange women and men you're seeing are patients. Unsupervised patients." Her stomach lurched as she swallowed convulsively. Her voice grew low. "They're probably very dangerous." Aimee spun on her heel and looked Blue in the eyes. "I want you," She swallowed again, and her voice shook. "I want you to promise me that you won't try to approach them. I need to let someone know about this later, because letting dangerous, potentially unstable patients roam about unsupervised is unacceptable." She set her jaw and kept walking, more briskly now in her agitation. "I am not angry with you," she said after a lengthy silence. "Please, ask me anything you want to know and I will try to answer them."

Test Subject
#64 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 1:53 AM
occ: i'm wondering, is everybody still alive? Or are we trying to keep it at 69? I'm just worried, it's been nine days and noone's posted.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 12:39 AM
OOC: I'm still here, I promise.

Test Subject
#66 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 2:34 AM
Name: Marcee Evelyne Eronicse
Race: Light Skinned Spanish (As in from Spain.)
Height: 5.3
Weight:95lb
PictureEhh, One day.)
Condition: Severely Bi-polor and talks to self, Often to male Which she claims 'lives inside her'
Reason For Being Here (Why you were accused of being insane, what did you do): Cut up her Boyfriend with no memory of doing so, Proven by video tape which she aparently set up while she killed him.
Personality: (Female): Edgey and unresponding most of the time~(Male): Flirty and violent
Biography (Why you did what you did): Often as a child she would bang her head on the walls until her head bled. Apparently the Boyfriend had came over to finish a school project, was found under her bed in a small box with a white ribbon.
Other Information: has Completely White hair (Dyed, but has no memory of doing so) often has seisures and claims she is a male, and flirts with nurses (Female) if they do not respond, Becomes violent.
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 2:55 AM
Marcee sat on her bed, her legs crossed and eyes toward the ceiling. "Rose-ros-ro.." she muttered, and said as if replying to someone "The nurse is pretty. You shoul..ask...he..r...out...". Marcee sighed and curled up on her bed. "You're so meannie Rose-Zzi, shes pretty, prettier than me." Marcee closed her eyes and pictured blackness, pictured Stacey her best friend, she remembered that time she turned red when she saw him making out with another guy. Stacie had laughed and smiled at her, he knew she wouldn't tell, she was his best friend. Stacie hadn't visited Marcee sense she'd gotten here, he promised he'd visit her. If he didn't, it didn't matter. She had the wonderful Rose, who only laughed at pain, and smiled at her.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 8:12 PM
OOC: Not posting until plummish does...or until tomorrow, :/

Test Subject
#69 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 11:51 PM
OOC: I HAVE RETURNED! Don't kill me. Sorry to keep you all waiting but I am back in the country now so I will get a move on it! :D

Dr. Payton

Dr. Payton took her job seriously, yes she did. She made sure she knew this facility like the back of her hand long before she was hired, yes she did. So to have the board interfere with her decision making was where she, logically drew the line.

However, being the very patient doctor she is, she decided to play by their rules. No, not for ever, not for long either, but until she could get a grasp on an even better opportunity. And this opportunity came in the for of their newest duchess in distress.

Dr. Payton walked calmly to the door marked 611 Marcee Evelyne Eronicse. 'Another crazy,' she harrumphed in her mind, 'and just before the holidays, how...sweet.'

She knocked on the door twice before making her way inside. The room was bare as bones. Nothing remotely interesting lined the gray walls and she found herself immensely repulsed.

Dr. Payton cleared her throat before smiling.
"Good evening...Marcee, thats a nice name. My name is Dr. Payton. Would you like to tell me why you think your here?"
Test Subject
#70 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 11:53 PM
Should we start a new day? I think a bit of people are stuck...
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 6:44 PM
Good thought. I think we should.

Test Subject
#72 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 1:22 AM
Marcee looked up, her eyes refused to meet the doctor who stood before her. "Beca-use peopllle lyy." Marcee reviewed her words, Why couldn't she say them right? she used to have perfect speech. Rose stood in the corner, his eyes directly toward the doctor who stood there. He asked, "What's that tulip's name?" Blinking, marcee crossed her feet and mumbled "Whattees yoe naim?"
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emaline the cat
Marcee looked up, her eyes refused to meet the doctor who stood before her. "Beca-use peopllle lyy." Marcee reviewed her words, Why couldn't she say them right? she used to have perfect speech. Rose stood in the corner, his eyes directly toward the doctor who stood there. He asked, "What's that tulip's name?" Blinking, marcee crossed her feet and mumbled "Whattees yoe naim?"

Lets let this be a part of the new day. Copy your post and delete it and I will do the same. That way we can get rolling again.
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 2:28 AM
Day 2

Dr. Payton

Dr. Payton took her job seriously, yes she did. She made sure she knew this facility like the back of her hand long before she was hired, yes she did. So to have the board interfere with her decision making was where she, logically drew the line.

However, being the very patient doctor she is, she decided to play by their rules. No, not for ever, not for long either, but until she could get a grasp on an even better opportunity. And this opportunity came in the for of their newest duchess in distress.

Dr. Payton walked calmly to the door marked 611 Marcee Evelyne Eronicse. 'Another crazy,' she harrumphed in her mind, 'and just before the holidays, how...sweet.'

She knocked on the door twice before making her way inside. The room was bare as bones. Nothing remotely interesting lined the gray walls and she found herself immensely repulsed.

Dr. Payton cleared her throat before smiling.
"Good evening...Marcee, thats a nice name. My name is Dr. Payton. Would you like to tell me why you think your here?"
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:43 AM
Aimee:
Aimee's steps clicked lightly down the hallway as she made her way to the nurse's station. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. It had been a very long night last night, and despite a few hours of sleep, she was beat. Still, she had to be here for the patients, and so she sat now at the nurse's station, awaiting a call for assistance.

Page 3 of 4