Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Paradise Village Apartments

by triciamanly Posted 26th Jul 2011 at 12:54 AM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:05 AM
Wow, lots of work here, and looks great Anne! Would also be nice for a holiday retreat in Bon Voyage!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:23 AM
How do you do it? And with just the basegame!!! This is marvelous! Congrats!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 6:40 AM
These apartments are awesome and very realistic! Great work.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:41 PM
Many thanks to all of you for your nice comments! I hope these apartments will be fun. I did have a hard time keeping track of my little test sims! They were all over the place.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:09 AM
First off: WOW, this is unbelievably good work. I was having issue figuring out how there were two levels of apartments because i couldn't see a longer staircase indicating them but it's because the ground is so uneven enough to simulate shorter stairs.

Secondly, this, while a huge lot to work with has to be the most realistic interpretation I have seen yet on here of apartments. I'm in total awe of the details that went into this and the landscaping is even more lush then i've ever had in a lot myself.

Lastly, one little nitpicky thing. the sandstone tile floor you used throughout isn't always the best tile to use. If you look closely enough when the light hits that particular flooring the lines start to distort and get worse over larger areas. It's not like the worst but for those of us who catch on to that it's something we have to go in and change out. Other then that I love this and thank you for all your hard work.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:50 AM
SingleClawDesigns, thanks so much for your wonderful comment and for letting me know about the tile. I will definitely keep that in mind with future builds!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 3:13 PM
Beautiful work as usual. DLed it and converted it into apartments (I have the AL EP).

One little thing of note, if I may nit pick a bit too: the driveways you seemed to plot out on the lot. The four lots you have marked off are no where near big enough to cover the size of an actual garage driveway (for those who also have NL). I had to make some major modifications to the lot (move several objects, remove even more trees and bushes, cut away part of the hill nearby) in order to place four usable parking lots in place of the fake ones you had there.

I find this with a lot of designers who try to keep things base game (which, given my limited EPs, I REALLY appreciate), but don't compensate for the actual SIZE of a driveway for anyone who might want to add one. One of my favorite houses to play I have to remove bushes, fences, gates, and planters (foundations with more bushes on them) because the "driveway" wasn't long or wide enough. So it's just something to keep in mind. If you do have NL, then place the driveway in so you can design around it, and then take it out to keep the lot "base game", or, if you don't, get the proper dimensions of the driveway so that you can, again, plan around them (this btw, goes to ALL designers out there, not just Tricia).

Again, this is a small issue and minor annoyance in regards to an otherwise beautiful lot. I look forward to playing this one, as I do with all of the other lots of yours that I have DLed. Thanks once again.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 3:54 PM
Richcelt! I so appreciate your feedback to help me make lots that everyone can use and enjoy. My dream is to build something that 100% of people download and you have helped me toward that goal! Best wishes!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:54 AM
This is an amazing work my friend, a truly great and innovative idea and a fabulous execution. I so love this lot...
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Richcelt! I so appreciate your feedback to help me make lots that everyone can use and enjoy. My dream is to build something that 100% of people download and you have helped me toward that goal! Best wishes!

I'd say you were on your way to doing so. You do so much good stuff with little, if any, EPs or CCs that you've become one of my favorite home designers to go to. I really wish more would follow in your footsteps. There are a lot of great houses out there that I would love to have, and look simple enough, but the designers have LOADED them down with EPs such that I can't use them. It would be really nice if they could scale them back so that more of us, who DON'T have EVERY EP made(!), can use them too. So I definitely support your efforts to keep things as basic as possible, especially when you do such a beautiful job with them as you have here (driveway nit-pic aside).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:39 PM
Freaking brilliant, oh how I love your work!! You're awesome!! Thank you so much for all of your inventive homes. I think this is outstanding!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, doll!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 4:37 AM
You guys are the inspiration! Thank you so much for encouraging me in my addiction!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 3:06 PM
wow, this is amazing. Its even better then what i was looking for. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:23 PM
Finally! A apartment lot with two bedroom units! Function! Form! I LOVE IT! And the landscaping, pool... Also I might just add a playground and vending machines...

Keep bringing us more lots like this!

~123blissb
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:05 AM
123blissb, thank you so much for your feedback. I'm always interested in finding out what people want!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd May 2012 at 11:39 AM
It's very nice.. I like it !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 5:08 PM
Wow, so interesting!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 4:19 AM
Thank You