Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spitballs and Glue: School Doesn't Tank Fun

by Nysha Posted 15th Jul 2011 at 1:38 AM - Updated 8th Aug 2011 at 8:00 PM by whiterider

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:01 AM
Ooooh, I need this! Will tweak it to still decrease fun, just not nearly as much as EA's default, for my use. Thanks much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:21 AM
Thanks so much! Now my teens can actually have jobs! Haha
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:37 AM
Cat - you need only tweak the first few lines of the BCONs, then - those which are 20 or 200, depending on which version you got. I forget the value of the EA default now, but it's -300 - -400ish.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:45 AM
Thanks a ton. I'm playing a modified nickle and dimed challenge, and it's obnoxious to have bored to death kids with no tv or good toys in the house... It is /public/ school after all, not a military academy.

No change for me.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 8:45 AM
In real life my fun bar, during school, would drop to red (if I had one, haha), but in the game I think it's a hassle to fill back up again so thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 9:10 AM
That's so useful, thank you! :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:20 AM
Now the spawn can be put to work after school until they go to bed. As it should be!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 10:33 AM
Wait, EA's default isn't representative of most people's personal experience? It's sure true to mine. XP I might snag this anyway just for convenience once I finally bring myself to try and lose the addiction to boolprop.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 1:12 PM Last edited by Deastrumquodvicis : 15th Jul 2011 at 1:17 PM. Reason: maths fail fix
Lack of fun change makes most sense to me as well! I spent half my school time doing things like (ignoring the teacher by) reading, (ignoring the teacher by) doodling, having fun in my theatre (and French) classes, and the other half was mostly spent trying to hear the teacher over the idiots in my class or being disgusted at aforementioned idiots' immaturity. It pretty much balanced out. Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 1:41 PM
I've had tons of fun in school, but I guess I'm going for the 'no change' one. Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:04 PM
This mod is great but I wonder if it confict with Inge's school changer because those schools are effectively replacements? I will try to find out and give you feedback.

Thanks again for the good work.

«It isn't where you come from, it's where you're going that counts.»
EllaFitzgerald
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:05 PM
Brilliant - thanks!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 3:22 PM
This will come in handy, thank you! =)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 3:47 PM
Oh, I've been waiting for this-I play with a mod that slows down the game speed (based on Merola's clock) and the kids come home totally bummed.
Thanks for this! I need it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 4:09 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 4:14 PM
Sweeeeeeeet. Thanks a lot for this, you don't know how excited I was to open the Downloads section and find this great mod
I HATE HATE HATE having to raise kids' fun level CONSTANTLY after school lets out, and that plus eating plus homework time gets them to bed around three in the morning Maybe now my teens can realistically work a job without going all zombie in the evening.
Thanks again for this, I totally appreciate it!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 4:45 PM
I agree with this mod! I had SO much fun at school, and I still do... does school also raise the social motive? It definitely should. But THANK you for making this mod. *___*
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 5:42 PM
Thank you for this! Sorry, kids, now you can no longer use "but I have to get my fun meter up!" as an excuse for playing computer games for five hours before you do your homework! *cackles evilly*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 6:28 PM
Thanks so much for this. I don't remember my kids ever hating school as much as Sim kids seem to. lol By the time you get their fun up, it's time for them to eat and go to bed and they end up skipping homework too much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 6:31 PM
I never really liked school but it never really tanked my mood that badly either lol. Thank you so much for this! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 6:34 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 7:04 PM
lolligirl320, yes, school already raises social motive.

ladylancelot, honestly, I don't know enough about how Inge's mod works: however, I would expect that it just changes the "school x" reference in the kid's person data, rather than actually overriding the original school data, so there shouldn't be any conflict. I may be wrong, though, so please let me know whether or not it works, in case I need to add a warning!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 8:47 PM
This has bugged me for years! I hated school, but even I didn't lose that much "Fun" every day.... :-D I've gone for the increased fun one, as it fits best with my current 'hood. I also use Inge's school types, shall let you know if this seems to clash with it in any way. Thanks for sharing whiterider, this is awesome! :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 9:23 PM
I can't wait to try this out in the game! This looks much better than Maxis default of how they view school, I wish that they could have made it so it was random where some days you come home in the red but on other days you could come back with an increase in fun! As I think that would be the most realistic, but this is SO much better than the Maxis default, so I look forward to using this! Thank you!
Page 1 of 6