Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Deatherella's Terrain Paint Collection

by Deatherella Posted 29th Jun 2011 at 11:11 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 12:41 AM
Beautiful! Just beautiful!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zirconia Wolf
Beautiful! Just beautiful!

Thanks.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 8:18 AM
Really beautiful (and your model is cute)! These will absolutely get used in my game.

Would it, in any way, be possible to get a smaller version of the seashells?
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 12:45 PM
Thank you so much for this set.
Now I can finally make a gravel path to my house.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 1:49 PM
These are great, thanks

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 2:51 PM
Oh yeah! More dead grasses! YAY! Just what I needed. Thnx =D
Scholar
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 7:14 PM
You're all very welcome and thank you so much for the praise.

Garambola - The shells are shrunk down to 1/4 the texture's original size since the first one I made ended up with really big shells when I put it on the ground. I can try sometime to shrink it down more, but it might take some time since I had to redo the ones in the set three or four times since it kept ending up white lines where the tile didn't touch in the bmp I was making -- issue with not being able to see it well enough until the design was spread out on the yard.

Me,too, CatherineTCJD. Just can't seem to have enough dead stuff in my game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 12:07 AM
hmm, i've downloaded a ton of new stuff this week (to go with my new computer) & this is 1 of the only 2 downloads i can't seem to get to show up in my game..they are supposed to be under ground cover, right? not sure why they're not showing up for me
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:14 AM Last edited by Deatherella : 7th Jul 2011 at 5:20 AM. Reason: feeble mind forgot something?
Quote: Originally posted by nocturna76
hmm, i've downloaded a ton of new stuff this week (to go with my new computer) & this is 1 of the only 2 downloads i can't seem to get to show up in my game..they are supposed to be under ground cover, right? not sure why they're not showing up for me

That is wierd.
I'm not sure why or what is causing it, but here is a trick I've used with both TS1 and TS2 on occasion (it was almost a must in TS1) to get custom content to show up. Go to the folder where they are and right click on it, under properties, change it off from read only if that's its present attribute. Then see if they show up the next time you fire up your game. That usually works for me. I don't think it could be guid conflict since they are made in Homecrafter.
If that doesn't work, we might have to take the problem to smarter peeps.

and a p.s. for Garambola : I have been working on an even smaller version of the shells. I loaded them into my game and discovered there is like a one or two pixel wide white line along one of the vertical edges of the tiling for it. So, I will have to go into a photo editor and figure out which side it's on and crop it out and then see if it's right. I'll tell you, for myself, I don't like the smaller version since you can really see where it tiles together -- how the pattern repeats itself-- when you make the yard solid with it. So, it'll definately be a terrain you use hear and there and not as a new total ground for your lot. When I get it right, I'll put it on this as an update for the mods to approve.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 5:54 PM Last edited by nocturna76 : 8th Jul 2011 at 8:33 AM.
none of them had read-only checked, but they did have some other thing saying 'file came from another computer & may be blocked" & gave you an option to click to unblock it, so i guess i shall try that...i'll let you know if it works next time i'm in the game

EDIT-well, i went back into the game & still not showing up, i guess my sims will just have to contend with their old terrains, poor things hehe
Scholar
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:17 PM
that is so wierd
I wonder if deleting them and re-downloading a new set would work?????
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 1:08 PM
Oh nice, the Deadleaf 2 one reminds me of different colour pasta... No idea why haha ;D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 12:05 AM
I want your gargoyle man, he's sexy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jemcrystal
I want your gargoyle man, he's sexy.

I thought I had a ciopy of his simpack on this pc but I don't and I didn't put him up at boxnet, so before I play the game again -- I play it on my kid's pc cuz mine claims DirectX is connected to nothing since my graphics card fried - I'll find the sims2pack and upload it and send you a link.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 4:37 PM
Thank you i needed these!