Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 1:49 AM Last edited by drspaceman : 2nd Apr 2012 at 2:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
drspaceman:
I would need to see what simgeom you to export that causing the problem to tell you what's wrong. I can't tell from that error. Also, I would advise against editing body rigs.

Gwen:
That error may mean that you have the rig editor installed, but not enabled in Blender. It looks like it found it but couldn't run it.

hey thanks for reply.

here is a zip with the .blend and the .simgeom file. I simply imported the shirt, i havent done anything to it yet. if i export this it crashes:
http://www.2shared.com/file/IUOrSz6A/shirt.html

and i wasnt editing rigs, i was using them so i could re-assign vertex groups and change weights if i had added custom parts or changed the mesh.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#52 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 5:06 PM
That shirt imported and exported fine for me. Are you selecting the original file when you export?

Quote:
i wasnt editing rigs, i was using them so i could re-assign vertex groups and change weights if i had added custom parts or changed the mesh.

So why would you export the rig? The only reason you would export a rig is if you have edited it.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:26 AM
Gwen:
That error may mean that you have the rig editor installed, but not enabled in Blender. It looks like it found it but couldn't run it.

Indeed, I forgot to enable the rig editor addon. Thank you.

Now I have to learn Blender.
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 7:30 PM
That shirt imported and exported fine for me. Are you selecting the original file when you export?

So why would you export the rig? The only reason you would export a rig is if you have edited it.

i was testing rig export because model export didnt work. was just seeing if anything worked.

and thanks, i guess that was the trick... i wasnt aware you had to save as the exact same name over the original file. i see it now in your instructions, i just thought the naming wasnt important until it was back in the .package.

cheers
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 3:39 PM
Hey there, I´ve been trying to import some clothes mesh, but I can´t :-/ ´
I installed the geom tools like you explained before, but when I try to import something, this shows up:

Error
traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:users/user/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/ Blender/2.60/scripts/addons/io_TS3_geom_py", line 131, in execute
rt = tigGet(self.rig)
File "C:users/user/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/ Blender/2.60/scripts/addons/io_TS3_geom_py", line 44, in rigGet
bpy.ops.rig.importer(filepath=rpath, isBodyRig=true, useShape=true)
File "C:/user/user/desktop/sims stuff/blender 2.60/blender-2.60-windows32/2.60/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py", line 180m in_call_
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
AttributeError: Calling operator "bpy.ops.rig.importer" error, could not be found

Help please?

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
"Everything has a season Alice. A flower blooms and fades away. Memories too, have a useful life."
My Simblr and all my creations at SimMist
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#56 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 5:44 PM
Answered in previous post:

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#57 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 8:25 PM
Answered in previous post:

ohhh sorry! fixed it!

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
"Everything has a season Alice. A flower blooms and fades away. Memories too, have a useful life."
Field Researcher
#58 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 11:38 PM
hmm...new error comes up when I´m exporting:

File "C:/..... line 568, in execute self.exportfile()
File "C:/.......line 719, in exportfile
uvz = obj.data.uv_textures[0].data[n]
IndexError: bpy_prop_collection[index]: index 0 out of range, size 0

Any ideas? :-)

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#59 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 12:54 AM
First, what version of Blender are you using? Second, does the mesh your exporting have a UV texture?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#60 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 9:22 AM Last edited by JuBa_0oº : 15th Apr 2012 at 11:08 AM.
First, what version of Blender are you using? Second, does the mesh your exporting have a UV texture?

2.60 :-) UV texture? I don´t know what that is
I´m editing the cheerleader dress from the game

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
Field Researcher
#61 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 6:45 PM
Please cmomoney can you help me? I just started to learn how to make clothes these last weeks, and I can´t proceed because of that error message

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 7:48 PM
How did you edit the dress exactly?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th May 2012 at 6:52 PM
Ok I am new to Meshing and Blender but I keep getting errors and I don't know what to make of them
The first one was in io_TS3_geom.py at line 131 execute rt=rigGet(selfrig)
line 44 in rigGet
line 180 in_Call_ret_

these seemed to go away since I installed the Rig Editor but the Rig has no faces only bones but I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to be

Now I am getting errors at line 135 and 375 and the Mesh is only showing up as dots

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have tried numerous Meshes and they all come up the same. Same for the Rigs all of the grannyrigs come up as bones.
Any help would be great. ( I would've posted the entire error but print screen doesn't seem to work with blender. )
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#64 Old 7th May 2012 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MChapman
... the Rig has no faces only bones but I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to be

Yes that is what it is supposed to be. Rigs are just bones.

Quote:
Now I am getting errors at line 135 and 375 and the Mesh is only showing up as dots

This is because you probably have Blender 2.63, a version which has recently been released, and also has broken this script. So in order to use this script, you will either have to get Blender 2.62, or wait until fix these tools to work with 2.63.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th May 2012 at 6:46 AM
Thanks, I thought a rig was the whole thing (bones and meshes) And yes I do have 2.63 and thanks for the info
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#66 Old 17th May 2012 at 7:05 PM
I think I'm having the same issue as someone else before, but I don't really know how to go about fixing it. I'm trying to import a top, but every time I attempt to import the .simgeom file, it gives me an error. I'm just starting to use Blender and I am not really sure what I should do.
Screenshots

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#67 Old 17th May 2012 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twi
I think I'm having the same issue as someone else before, but I don't really know how to go about fixing it. I'm trying to import a top, but every time I attempt to import the .simgeom file, it gives me an error. I'm just starting to use Blender and I am not really sure what I should do.

Hi Twi!

You have to go to File->User Preferences. Then Click the AddOns Tab, and in the search box in the top left corner type 'rig'. Then you should see 'Import-Export: Sims 3 RIG Editor. Click the check box next to it to enable the rig editor.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th May 2012 at 9:18 PM
I was just wandering around and stumbled over this thread. A couple of possibly dumb questions:

Am I correct in understanding that with this import/export script, Milkshape is no longer required in order to edit meshes for TS3? If so, thank you very much! That $35 has been the main obstacle between me and tinkering with CC.

When do you anticipate that you will be able to fix the script for 2.63? I still have 2.62 installed; waiting a while longer to update is not a problem, but I would like to eventually.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#69 Old 17th May 2012 at 11:02 PM
HI Cmo!

Thanks, it worked! Now I get to fiddle with it!

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st May 2012 at 7:10 AM
Hurray, I finally got it to import!

My problem, for the sake of others who may run into it, was with installing the rig editor plug-in for Blender. If I simply copied the rig editor files into the correct directories, as described in http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...897#post3798897, it seems like Blender only kinda half understood the plug-in was there. I got the error messages described in about three previous posts in this thread, for example #66, but I could not enable the "Import-Export: Sims 3 RIG Editor" in the AddOns panel, as described in #67, because it was not listed.

If I used the Install AddOn button to have Blender install it, itself, then it showed up, and I could enable it. However, it is still necessary to manually copy the FNV.exe file to "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender".
Test Subject
#71 Old 25th May 2012 at 3:41 AM
I am getting the following error trying to export my edited mesh:
File "C:\Users\nemtmp6\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.62\scripts\addons\io_TS3_geom.py", line 804, in exportfile
nf.write(struct.pack('I', ovindexes[i]))
IndexError: list index out of range

This seems odd, because in line 803 you check that i is in range, unless the <= should be <. I don't know python (but this is yet another reason to learn it), but in most of the languages I do know, the tests in lines 800 and 803 should be <.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 26th May 2012 at 1:50 AM
Could someone please help me?!!! Ive been receving this error when trying 2 import: Warning: no rig Loaded. Build Complete
Im doing somwthing wrong or leave something?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 30th May 2012 at 11:15 PM
Could someone ask?!!!!!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#74 Old 31st May 2012 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChiK_HeinekeN
Could someone ask?!!!!!

See post #67.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 12:47 AM
See post #67.

I allready enable it!! and it keeps telling me the same error over and over!
Page 3 of 9