Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Improvman
So far it seems to work without any problems.

Thanks for the report

I did find a problem though, some bone assignments were being borked on export. I've updated to fix this problem.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 3:59 AM
Super cool! I will play around with this once holiday madness is done here. Thank you for all of your work I can test it on OSX also, if you are interested?
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 8:19 PM
Currently I have been getting the error message too. At first I didn't think the mesh was showing up however it was, it was just located in the box that appears when you start up blender. I am currently using the baby blanket mesh and trying to get rid of the blanket and make it look more like the rest of the baby's body.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 8:30 PM
What is 'the' error message you're getting?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
What is 'the' error message you're getting?

I can't speak for the others, but here's the error I'm getting while exporting:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Electribird\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.60\scripts\addons\io_TS3_geom.py", line 492, in execute self.exportfile()

File "C:\Users\Electribird\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.60\scripts\addons\io_TS3_geom.py", line 502, in exportfile newfile = self.filepath

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.60\scripts\modules\bpy_types.py", line 495, in_getattribute_return getattr(properties, attr)

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 34: invalid continuation byte location:<unknown location>:-1

It was a fullbody-mesh, if that's helpful...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 12:55 PM
What is the full name of the file you were exporting to?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 3:54 PM
Default problem with hat (hair)
What is the full name of the file you were exporting to?

that was the orginal name and then I have export it to the same name. what I have done is that I have put import the item and then edit it to this pictuer and export it after that I have imported it again to check it out then it gave me the above error message.

I have used your program and a error message keep appearing that says :

if you also need the blender folder to check what is wrong I will give it to you just tell me what made it wrong?

the full name of my file is afHairPolicewomanUpdo_lod0_0x0000000035446E2C.simgeom
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:05 PM
@abd123 You can post the .blend file and I can look at it.

@specialwaffles Did you get you problem worked out?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 6:37 AM
Default there is the file
ok here is the file I hope you fix the problem

Note : I have made another one again but still give the same message so it will contain my both works.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Arabic_Policewoman.rar (183.7 KB, 45 downloads) - View custom content
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 12:47 PM
Your mesh needs to be triangulated. Select all faces a press CTRL+T or go to Mesh->Faces->Quads to Tris.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:02 PM Last edited by abd123 : 10th Feb 2012 at 1:06 PM. Reason: no Image was found
Error Message after exporting
when I done it and pressed export it give me an error message!

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...20-Untitled.png
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:22 PM
Please post the .simgeom file you are trying to export to.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:32 PM
Default the simgeom folder
Please post the .simgeom file you are trying to export to.

ok have put also another .simgeom.bak I hope it is useful!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Policewoman.rar (42.6 KB, 40 downloads) - View custom content
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:51 PM
Okay, you will have to delete all those except for 'afHairPolicewomanUpdo_lod0_0x0000000035446E2C.simgeom.bak'. Then delete the '.bak' from the file name and export to that. What has happend is your .simgeom has been corrupted, so you just have to use the original.

Also, you need to change the origin of your mesh, or the hat will be on the sim's feet.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:01 PM Last edited by abd123 : 10th Feb 2012 at 4:32 PM.
Okay, you will have to delete all those except for 'afHairPolicewomanUpdo_lod0_0x0000000035446E2C.simgeom.bak'. Then delete the '.bak' from the file name and export to that. What has happend is your .simgeom has been corrupted, so you just have to use the original.

Also, you need to change the origin of your mesh, or the hat will be on the sim's feet.

what should I do to make it go into the face reather than the feet ?

Edit: ops a new problem happend :

did I make the mesh to be triangulated?

The first ver.1 worked but the ver.2 didn't work what was my mistake on the second ?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Arabic_Policewoman_ver_2.rar (71.9 KB, 39 downloads) - View custom content
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 5:07 PM
Ver.1 is the one that will be at the feet. To fix it, put the 3d cursor at the center(Object->Snap->cursor to Center), then set the objects origin to the 3D cursor(SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+C, Origin to 3D Cursor).

Ver. 2 has loose vertices(vertices not connected to a face). To fix, Select->Loose Verts, then Delete vertices.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 5:30 PM
Problem solved
Thank you very much It finally worked :D! :lovestruc
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM
Updated to import rig when Rig editor is installed. Also added Seam Fixer.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:07 AM
I was able to import .simgeom files just fine this morning, but I'm having a bit of a problem exporting...

I made a mesh in Blender from scratch, not sure if that's okay, or if I need to use an existing mesh.

I'm also not sure what you mean by selecting the "original file" since I didn't base it on an existing mesh. I do plan to export it to Milkshape, and then copy over the comments from a bracelet. So should I select the bracelet file then? I did try it but it still gives me an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.62\scripts\addons\io_TS3_geom.py", line 568, in execute self.exportfile()

File "Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.62\scripts\addons\io_TS3_geom.py", line 650, in exportfile x = struct.unpack('f', f.read(4))[0]
struct.error: unpack requires a bytes object of length 4

Also, now whenever I try to import a file, it says "Warning: Build Completed" and occasionally gives me more errors like the one above. The numbers are different though. The imports were working fine earlier today. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Also, earlier when I tried to export, Blender wouldn't give an error message, but would stop at the Files window and have the waiting hourglass as a cursor, and wouldn't let me do anything. Is Blender freezing up, or does it just take a long time to export a .simgeom? It's taking a very long time... I think it's frozen.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here, or if something is corrupted, or what... I hope you can help me out here. ^^;
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  VegaClaw.7z (50.6 KB, 34 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Accessory mesh in a blend file- Trouble exporting GEOM
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 2:28 PM
which file do i get the geom from for just the body ? so i can create around it
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 4:57 PM
drspaceman, see this tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...s_3_Hair_Basics
In "other stuff" section there is a link to "Example Bodies and Faces"

Cmo, thanks for creating these tools. I tried editing a body mesh and everything worked perfectly and all joints assigned were kept over the export. These are great tools!
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 1:47 AM Last edited by drspaceman : 1st Dec 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by misukisu
drspaceman, see this tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...s_3_Hair_Basics
In "other stuff" section there is a link to "Example Bodies and Faces"

Cmo, thanks for creating these tools. I tried editing a body mesh and everything worked perfectly and all joints assigned were kept over the export. These are great tools!

thank you. i searched but not well enough :>
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:02 PM Last edited by drspaceman : 1st Dec 2012 at 12:47 AM.
(wow i deleted my message twice by accident,im so smart. sorry.)

hey.. thanks for the addons, very greatly appreciated. ive got meshes rigged and its all gravy.. except the export doesnt work for me at all . even if i import a simgeom and then directly export it, blender always hangs instantly. i look in task manager, it's using 13%cpu and slowly climbing in mem usage. but it never gets out of this, it doesnt finish export. ive redownloaded/reinstalled the addons, that did not help.

i have tried with blender version 2.6.0, 2.61.0, and 2.62.0.

[EDIT] just tried exporting your adult .blend rig with the rig addon and i get an error. fnv.exe is in blender folder
Test Subject
#49 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 2:24 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to drop the limited Milkshape for Blender (I'm complitly noob concerning this tool so forgive me for silly questions I will probably ask) but have a problem with your plugin. Each time I try to import a simgeom (I've only tested with clothes) I get this error:

What's wrong ?

Thank you.
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 2:48 AM
drspaceman:
I would need to see what simgeom you to export that causing the problem to tell you what's wrong. I can't tell from that error. Also, I would advise against editing body rigs.

Gwen:
That error may mean that you have the rig editor installed, but not enabled in Blender. It looks like it found it but couldn't run it.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 2 of 9