Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angeliquita
I made an Asian sim for a contest at another forum. It was for a site model. Even though I didn't win, I liked her. I'm not sure how accurately "Asian" she looks, I was just happy with the fact that she looked different than most of my other sims. But, feel free to comment. BTW, Kat, your sims look awesome! :D

Wow. That one's the best one I've seen out of everything here. Not only is she pretty, she also looks undeniably Asian. Really well done!!

And she seems to be using a default skin! (or close to it) I'm impressed.
Advertisement
#27 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
They are like Southeast Asian skin tone ...

According to what I've seen on another forum the color of the skin tone was taken from a Thai friend of his. So was the darker Asian skin he has (another Thai). But IMHO it also works for Japanese and Chinese looking sims.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:07 AM Last edited by BlackKat13 : 8th Feb 2005 at 6:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by angeliquita
I made an Asian sim for a contest at another forum. It was for a site model. Even though I didn't win, I liked her. I'm not sure how accurately "Asian" she looks, I was just happy with the fact that she looked different than most of my other sims. But, feel free to comment. BTW, Kat, your sims look awesome! :D

I like her-I like the look shes giving, she looks like she has attitude and a lot of personality-lol

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe....Just breathe....
Field Researcher
#29 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:18 AM
I want that sim she is so pretty!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:26 AM Last edited by angeliquita : 8th Feb 2005 at 7:28 AM.
*blush* wow, thanks guys! i'm going to figure out how to submit her to the site. (heh, im new. :p)

edited to add: yes, idtaminger, she's using the "pale" maxis skin tone. everything on her is default except the shirt which is made by ChicChica, whom I entered the contest for, so nothing could be custom unless it was ChicChica's clothing.
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:31 AM
[QUOTE=DumBblOndE].. There are many types of asian faces and Skin tones ...

Very very true. There is no definitive asian face; koreans tend to have rounder ones, but I've seen koreans with pixie-like features--chinese tend to have very delicate facial features, but that's not always the case. Point is, there is no one true "oriental" face (many of us prefer the term asian when speaking about us--oriental is a rug or a vase :-))

Yours looks pretty decent!
Instructor
#32 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:36 AM
yeah...oriental reminds me of European/American imperialism. sounds negative.

Asian is the politically correct term, I guess.
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:44 AM
Can you make a Muslim skin please? I am trying to make a diverse sim community as well and this would really help I need Hijabs, Abayas, Nikabs, Jilbabs, Muslim wedding attire, and anything else that they wear. Thanks!

:howdy:
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:51 AM
hey angeliquita your sim looks very good! *smiles*
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:00 AM
I have muslim sims in my game, but I didn't make any of them in body shop so I wouldn't be able to send them to you. One of my ongoing projects, that I have mentioned before, is to make sims of every race, creed, religion, watever-very diverse sims, and then make them in to townies in my neighborhoods and the use SimPE to give them family ties to one another, and to some of the housed simes, so not all townies will be single, parentless, childless, etc.
Anyhow, all of the sims of different ethnicitys I make are based on people I know (Same is true for my muslim sims, they are even named for people I know) so if I were to send you my sims it may not look how you want anyhow. PM me, and I'll give you my e-mail. You can send me pictures of specific people that look in a way that you want your sims to look, and I'll try to put them together.
and idtaminger, thats not how I saw it-"Asian" is a very broad term, refering to the entire continent-while only specific countries are considered oriental (China, Japan, Tiawan, Thailand, Singapore, Korea-I could list every oriental country but do you really want to be THAT specific) and countries like Russia (Which is a very huge part of Asia) and India (also a very large country) are Asian, but are not called "Oriental."
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:14 AM
haha.. all of you are discussing me.. =P because i am an asian.. lol..
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:15 AM
I second blackkat13
At least in Europe , the word Asian refer to the continent and can be for indians, russians or japaneeses. Oriental is used without any bad signification for people as korean , japaneese, chineese and ..ect.
Nose kisss
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:30 AM
thanks Carista!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:38 AM
=).. let's hope that you can upload her asap! =D
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 9:41 AM
Thought I would share also, here is one I made of my neighbor Anne. She is only half oriental, so she has some of the features, but what is cool is that her eyes are (a slightly darker shade of) grey.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chocolatemouse
I second blackkat13
At least in Europe , the word Asian refer to the continent and can be for indians, russians or japaneeses. Oriental is used without any bad signification for people as korean , japaneese, chineese and ..ect.
Nose kisss

One of the problems with an international forum like this is that what is politically correct differs on the two sides of the Atlantic. The terms white, black, Oriental (in English as well as in other languages) and so on are fully accepted in Europe and are not in any way derogatory, but politically correct. But when using those terms, that are PC in Europe, you're often accused of being a racist by Americans who generally only know what's politically correct at home and expect everyone else to play by their rules (even though the EU has almost twice the population of the US, heh heh).
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 5:37 PM Last edited by BlackKat13 : 8th Feb 2005 at 5:40 PM.
Well, I am from the US, and I never thought, or ever heard anything about the term "Oriental" being racist I just used it to be more specific, because I didn't want to say asian (Far to broad of a term, an honestly, if you were, say Russian, and I posted this as an "asian" skin would you think it looked like you?) and because I didn't want to mention a specific country, because I had help from two girls who were from two different countries. But to be honest, I didn't start this thread so poeple could get nit-picky about terms, or to start a "My Oriental skins are better than yours" war. I started it to see if there were interest in a few particular skins I made, enough people liked them, so with the sugestions given, I'm going to attempt to perfect them, and try to submit them. I gotten all the feedback I needed, thankyou very much, if anyone wants to request a specific skin, feel free to PM me. Mods please close this thread
BlackKat

Test Subject
#43 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 5:47 PM
BlackKat i agree with you angeliquita sim girl is reallly cute and i woudl really be happy to be able to dowload her.
I am sorry that you feel this about your thread.
There is not such good asians and the work i seen here was making me dream of some being posted.
Nose kiss all
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 5:59 PM
BlackKat13:
Please try to upload some of your Sims, particular the asian ones you posted.(but any ethnicity would be fine with me )
I would love to install them in my game, as they are IMO very good.

PS: nice addition to your signature :D

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#45 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:10 PM
I honestly don't see a reason to close this thread. It looks like something that is of interest to a lot of people. Anyone who wants feedback should feel welcome to post screenshots of their attempts, just remember that if you want to upload your creations, you need to go to the appropriate downloads forum so it can be approved.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:30 PM
Default Hard to make Oriental sims??
You guys have been having trouble making your sims look oriental? That's never been a problem for me, since Maxis includes at lteast one oriental-looking preset face for each gender. Mys sister made the first attached sim depicted in just a couple of minutes, and I made the other two in a matter of seconds, all with just minor tweaking. i actually didn't do anything to the second and third's faces. No custom skintones, eye colours or hair were used on any of them.
Now, it probably would be difficult to make original custom sims who look asian, but these preset faces provide a good starting point.
Screenshots
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 7:50 PM Last edited by BlackKat13 : 8th Feb 2005 at 9:29 PM.
Well, this sim has been uploaded for judgement by the admins Darkmoon. Her name is Iyo because she is based off a girl I knew by that name when she was a child. The onlt thing I don't like about her is her custom hair-although it looks lovely at all other stages, when she has a child and it grows to a toddler, it will be completely and utterly bald, not even any stubble-like or fuzz hair. But if you have the toddler mirror, you can change it to whatever you like I suppose. If this goes well, I will think about uploading more of my creations, perhaps even some of the clothes and custom skin tones I have made. (I do braces on teens, many-body hair, hair for babies, stretch marks on the fat women, vericose veins on elders, "Older" looking elders, etc), I just never uploaded due to lack of confidence
Oh, and Faylen , my reasons for wanting to close the forum were that there was an argument starting, people were calling eachother racists for using the term "Oriental", I didn't want this thread to be like the other one and turn into an argument over which term was indeed the proper term to use. It was not so much the picture part that bothered me, however I did state that this was not the intent of my thread, and some pictures posted are quite large and I know take some time to load for people on dial up, so they do not like it when a thread becomes entirely pictures. I know so many people who hate the mostly-picture threads, especially when they enter one which simly becomes one after being labled as otherwise. (However, I have a high speed wireless connection, so this is not an issue)
But since my main concern-the arguments-died down after my post where I wanted to close the thread, I too see no reason to close the thread and to continue our discussion on how to make realistic oriental/asian skins

Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#48 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 9:28 PM
OK, the thread name has been changed to keep it less potentially volatile, and I've made it a sticky. If you're working on Asian-looking faces, and think you've done well or need help, post screenshots, tell what you've done that's worked, or where you think you need help.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 9:58 PM
Is there any Southeast Asian skin tones, like BlackKat13 used,
that don't have genetalia?

I prefer my sims to be non-explicit.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 10:17 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing. If you would like, I can try to match Allans skin tone for you, but make it look like the Maxis ones as far as body parts go (That is if that is the color you like) might not be exact I actually do not like having a swatch of a boob in my skin tones, although I do like the realistic skins, for making a sim for the public, I would think it would be preferable to use ones like the maxis ones
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Threadcromancy.
Page 2 of 7