Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Make those elevators go faster! Or slower...

by claudiasharon Posted 10th Feb 2011 at 12:27 AM - Updated 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:08 PM by claudiasharon

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 11:03 AM
These elevators are so annoying! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 12:03 PM
Great idea, can't wait to try it! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:06 PM
Yes! This is perfect. I almost never use apartments/elevators because they were so slow. This mod is practically a game saver for me, now I might be able to enjoy LN apartments more
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:13 PM
Wasn't as if the elevators are making any other stops.. Waiting for an elevator for ten or fifteen minutes was just simply annoying..

Thanks for this mod... :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:34 PM
Thanks! This is just what I wanted. I can't tell you how many times my sims decided to hit a club at 11:30, but by the time they took the subway and waited for the elevator, the club would be closing before the had a chance to bribe the bouncer. I just downloaded the "very fast" version. Hopefully this won't mean the elevator woohoo is 1-3 minutes too!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:35 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 10th Feb 2011 at 6:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by charliex
Thanks! This is just what I wanted. I can't tell you how many times my sims decided to hit a club at 11:30, but by the time they took the subway and waited for the elevator, the club would be closing before the had a chance to bribe the bouncer. I just downloaded the "very fast" version. Hopefully this won't mean the elevator woohoo is 1-3 minutes too!

Working on getting the faster subway uploaded.

I didn't change the woohoo time, so that should be the same. Feel free to check it and let me know though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:15 PM
Oh sweet god thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 2:06 AM
Thank you, I've taken to trying to build stairs everywhere because elevators take too darn long.
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 9:54 AM
Thank you for this. However I found that my sim would go into the elevator and then do the stupid frantic motions of being stuck! I do have the latest Master controller and story progression from Twallan. I don't know if it was that that was causing this. Just thought I should let you know. I'm not a modder so don't know why this is happening.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 12:06 PM
Thank you soooo much for this! I'd be in the same boat about the ruddy club closing by the time they finally get there!

<3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 1:22 PM
I am amazed that people have downloaded the slow version, me? Well I downloaded the very fast version.

Can't say thanks enough.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iorek
Thank you for this. However I found that my sim would go into the elevator and then do the stupid frantic motions of being stuck! I do have the latest Master controller and story progression from Twallan. I don't know if it was that that was causing this. Just thought I should let you know. I'm not a modder so don't know why this is happening.

Hmm weird...I use Twallan's mods too and didn't have this problem. Did you use Delphy's Dashboard Tool to check for conflicts?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 12:05 AM
Thank you I was waiting for someone to make this
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:24 PM
Thank you!! I love my Sims living in apartments but oy not a single one has ever been on time to work if they live in the penthouse because it takes too long in the elevator lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 1:33 PM
I love the mod but sometimes my sims get stuck in the elevator and i have to restart the game to get them out.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wawa82G
I love the mod but sometimes my sims get stuck in the elevator and i have to restart the game to get them out.

Hmm don't know why that would be happening, never showed up in testing. Did you check to make sure you didn't have any conflicting mods?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 6:05 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 16th Mar 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Thank you, that was highly needed! I grabbed the very fast one, those high rises won't be a problem anymore ^^

Edit: I changed to the Faster version, gosh the very fast was too fast ^^

wawa82G, that is a problem in the vanilla game itself, it's not caused by the mod but by the game. It happened to me when I first got LN, so way before that mod was released... Just reset the sim who's stuck in the elevator
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:27 PM
I've LOL'd at most of the comments here, because i now know that my pain was every one's pain, who the hell goes to a club at 6:00pm?well my nerdy sims did... otherwise they'd get back home only with elevator memories, not anymore thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:21 PM
Another awesome mod from you! Your mods are the best
Test Subject
#21 Old 31st May 2011 at 5:51 PM
This is a fantastic mod, because damn, waiting for the elevators was a pain. Will this conflict with upcoming patches do you think? I'm wondering if it will work with Generations.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st May 2011 at 6:51 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 1st Jun 2011 at 1:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JessieLarsen
This is a fantastic mod, because damn, waiting for the elevators was a pain. Will this conflict with upcoming patches do you think? I'm wondering if it will work with Generations.

Not sure, will be getting my game any time now today, and once EA releases the new patch I will be updating my mods.

Edit: Updated.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 1:02 AM
Awesome!! You rock, as always!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Panther559
Awesome!! You rock, as always!!

Thanks! If you have any requests, I am taking them again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:16 AM
Oh yay! Faster elevators too! :D
Page 1 of 3