Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dressy Casual- Pants with Loafers for Kids, Teens, (Y)Adults and Elders

by kalynn06 Posted 17th Jan 2011 at 12:50 AM
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 1:08 AM
These are awesome! And I love that you made them for kidlets as well
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 2:46 AM
I love these. Perfect for school uniforms.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 4:26 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 17th Jan 2011 at 7:08 AM.
Nice! Got dress shoes already, but did not have loafers. Kiddos sure didn't have loafers. These look like they have a different shape, near the ankle, than mine, so that will be a nice change. Variety is good. Texture referencing is appreciated!

edit: And thanks for the links, also appreciated! Especially the ones to Amaryll's stuff and your teen shirts because I don't think I have those shirts yet. Soon to be remedied... And stuffs for creators too, yay!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 12:20 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them.

Cat-The first plan was to make recolors of yours and see if they could be referenced across ages, but I couldn't make the shoes do what I wanted with a recolor and I had a bug in my brain about loafers. I always check your stuff for basic things, because if I want it, you usually you already made it or something similar. Thank You

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 3:51 PM
Very nice! Extra thank you for changing the up-turned toes - they always ruined those loafers for me (and made me want to give my Sims a long lecture about the virtue of shoetrees).
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 4:52 PM
You have no idea how much I like these! My sims grow up in a conservative environment and especially kids and teens lack options. No more! Thank you so much!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 6:56 PM
Well, I'm glad you went with your plan because now there's new ankle shape! And loafers! :D

How did you get that nice "subtle stripe" texture effect on the pants fabric? Looks like fabric, which isn't trivial.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 3:49 AM
NixNivis- The turned up shoes drive me crazy too. I frequently hesitate to use meshes that have those turned up elf toes.

Psycho Sim- I'm glad you will find a use for them

Cat- It looks like fabric because it is a fabric texture . I think it started life as a linen scan, but I'd have to check. My Gimp patterns folder is a scary place with helpful file names like "fabric". The striping is part of the weave of the initial fabric, though. Most fabrics when I scale them and make them seamless look crappy on Sim Clothes, but I got lucky with this one and with playing with blend modes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 10:55 AM
These are fantastic, lots of thanks to you for sharing these, and also lots of thanks for taking the time to give us all the information about the tops etc, your very kind, I love and appreciate your work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 4:04 PM
I was recently wishing for something just like this. Seems like male teens always come up short in the clothing department. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 10:43 AM
They look great, thank you for shearing!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:32 PM
Thank you for sharing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:14 AM
Perfect casual wear for my mid-century sims who wouldn't be seen in jeans! This is exactly what I hoped to find today.