Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Long Elfin Ears -Now Hereditary!

by pentabet Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 9:01 PM - Updated 6th Mar 2015 at 5:09 PM by pentabet

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 9:38 PM
Yes! Ears should be hereditary, and for both genders, so thanks for this.

Why doesn't someone just make ears with a fully transparent texture that pull skin texture? Just map them to where ear skin texture is, then set them to alpha blend and SimSkinMaterial in the TXMT. Do these already do that?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:36 PM
Cat: this is a CAS face template, not a mesh. So it's just the Maxis face mesh, with the ears twisted up.

Pentabet: Thanks very much! I am very curious how you managed this without milkshape. It sounds awsomely clever.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 1:27 AM
oh wow this is insane! Awesome work, I'm just as lazy as you so this is a relief!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:01 AM
Essentially, what I did was (using SimPE) transfer the female faces onto the male side of each pertinent age, based off of a defaulting tutorial I was reading. Then I hopped into BodyShop and tweaked the hideousness that cross-gender faces create (lol), and made a normal looking male with huge ears. There was a lot of popping in and out of the game until I figured out some bits, and ultimately I gave up trying to make a family set myself and used the first face's features to sync them all up.
I will see about making some different ear shapes myself, the way Gnat' made his. Now that I know how to do this, if I can learn how to play with the meshes on my own then I want to make a bunch of different ears! [Dumbo here I come!]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:13 AM
Thanks! Now I can live out my life long dream of being an elf! In Sims.. xDD
THUMBS UP! :]
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:28 AM Last edited by Ove51 : 20th Jan 2011 at 9:45 AM. Reason: typo
Hey! Brilliant!
Actually, I started meshing for the same reason. I've give up because of the conversion of other ages/genders. I can give you the files if you want to use it in your project.
I also suggest you to look at here : http://fantasyrogue.livejournal.com/42956.html
and here : http://fantasyrogue.livejournal.com/43529.html
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 9:22 AM
Penta, that really is quite clever. Nice!
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 11:00 AM
Yes, very clever indeed! Such a cool idea, you did a great job!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:39 PM
Aaaah, CAS face, not ear accessory, got it! Nicely done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:11 PM
Absolutely first-class!

Thanks for sharing it with us
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:13 PM
YES!!! This is too wonderful for me to even describe!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 2:25 AM
I'll check that out soon, thanks Ove51.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 9:55 AM
Why isn't this in The Features?

Hey, "Powers That Be" on here ... take a good butchers at this ...

... and put in in the bloody features!!!

This is something special; give it the acknowledgement that it deserves, yeah?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 2:49 AM
Dang it, I wish I could apply this is existing Sims, but my future elves thank you.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th May 2011 at 4:45 AM
I love the idea, but I also love the faceplate 1, mostly because 2 is droopy and the rest is angular and blocky.

As a palette user, I can't use this. Please put it in for the default elf ears?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:10 PM
awesome idea, but im confused. it replaces the normal "heart" face? cause i don't want ALL my sims to have elf ears, and the "heart face" tis my most used face (since like you said its the least ugly).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:51 PM
I have created some sim faces for my own long-eared face, and once it's done it WILL be for the eelf face, I promise.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:44 AM
Thank you so much! *dies happy*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:50 AM
Damn I was going to download this till I read it replaces heart face. Hope you make it to replace ELF face instead, I like having elves a rare race in my towns.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:25 PM
I saw this and thought it would be a good replacement for my Dark Elf family... :D
Then I saw it didn't replace the Elf Face... D:
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 7:20 PM
I think I did something wrong, cause the ears don't show up in my game... They don't replace the heart face. Does it matter what skin I use? Because when I change the skin on that Zelda sim, the ears get the same skin too...
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 2:58 AM
Thank you very much for this, especially for putting Zelda ears on the men, and creating the face template. Sense I got this earlier this year I've been combining it with KingTorrid's Lupine muzzle in body shop for my animals. Recently I found Dominiquex rewrite of Argon's tutorial on building non default/replace face templates at GOS (See here - http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=24073.0) and have had some success with it. I was hoping that it would be alright if I used your version of GnatGoSplat's Zelda Ears in a couple of my face templates? I am working manly on animals (cats, dogs, wolfs,goats, etc) but plan to do a few elves, possibly even Zelda. I of course, would give both of you full credit for your parts in whatever I make. Thank you again, and good luck.
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 11:26 PM
I'm confused
um i can only get one sim to have these ears and that was purely random.
how do i give other sims these ears?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:24 PM
First, please forgive me for not getting on sooner, I've been busy with work and daughter etc, sorry guys. So...

@SpiderX95, if you look up a tutorial on how to make your own templates, it should be easy enough to put it on the eelf template, I can't promise I could do it in a timely manner for you right now

@flippofem, I don't think what skin you use should affect the mesh, double check that your sim detail is on High in the options menu, and if it's not that, then make sure it's in the right folder, or that you grabbed the whole file. Try downloading it again perhaps?

@DavidR57, I see what you did with my file, and I like it, I also love your animals idea . I was really hoping that people would try to make some new ear-face options for a little more variety. I hardly play anymore, so I doubt I'll have the chance to do such time-consuming (but fun!) work myself :/ anymore.

@detran, if you want to give in-game sims these ears, then you could use SimPE's SimSurgery option to make it genetic, or the cosmetic-surgery station for just a surface change. You could also make a sim with them in CAS and breed a few current sims with him or her to do it more 'naturally', hehe.
Page 1 of 2