Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 3:50 AM Last edited by picass0blue : 6th Feb 2011 at 8:30 AM.
"The Shingles" (49 tiles)
This renovated Beach Hut lot includes a spacious open-plan bedroom/living room/kitchen, gorgeous dune-inspired bathroom (with a bath and shower), and space for one more in the adjoined second bedroom. Designed with a young family in mind, there's plenty of room to play on the beach, and open access to the parent bedroom with curtains to draw for privacy, not to mention ample space to expand, although the home was designed to be compact, inkeeping with the ramshackle getaway theme.

Landscape & Exterior

Aerial

Baby's Room

Bathroom

Open Plan

ETA: hotaru801, yours is amazing!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 7:49 AM
Anyone who uses the firepole/ladder -would love to see the pics of getting baby up them too :-)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 9:05 AM
^ That's what I was thinking Wouldn't have worked for my housing plan at least!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
Anyone who uses the firepole/ladder -would love to see the pics of getting baby up them too :-)
One can go up the fire pole? O_o Our sims are strippers!

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Test Subject
#55 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 1:36 PM
Well, since I thought I couldn't use a ladder I went ahead and created a new one with just a groundfloor.

Overview:

Aerial:

Kitchen/dining:

Livingroom/bedroom/study/nursery:

Again, I've playtested it and everything is accessable (sp?), the bathroom is still too small to take a decent picture of it, but it has a shower, toilet and potty.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Cloudburst : 31st Jan 2011 at 5:40 PM.
Managed this one in 45 tiles, and everything is accessible.
Can't wait for the next round now :D

Front View:

Floor Plan:

Bedroom View:

Kitchen:

Nursery:

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 4:49 PM
Default wgroome - Round 1
Blue Glass Bungalow

Just because you're a parent doesn't mean you should
compromise style! This trendy, affordable home is perfect
for a young family. There's enough space for your child to
crawl and play, but it retains the sleek, sophisticated
feel of a young couple's home, complete with study
nook, fully fitted kitchen and a four seat dining area.

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Inventor
#58 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 5:34 PM
All of your houses look so great!

So, you're comfy and cozy in your sweet but tiny cottage when you meet the love of your life and in the blink of an eye, you find you are now pregnant. Your love surprises you with a new house but it's a little....disappointing. Still, you love him too much to hurt his feelings when he's so proud of himself, so you hang some curtains and try to make a home.

At least there's plenty of yard and even a little pond.

I used 50 tiles on the dot. Funny, I thought this round was going to be easier because after 35, 50 seemed like A LOT.
Not so much. :p

kittens!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 5:53 PM
OMG I am so excited... I wish there were more contest like this here... Biting my nails in anticipation for the next round. ^_^ So far everyone has made some beautiful lots. Good luck to all of you guys!

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Instructor
#60 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 9:32 PM
Hopüe i still can make mine tonight!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 11:40 PM
Just waiting for scores from one judge, I'll post them as soon as I get them.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 12:39 AM
i want to drop out as a judge sorry school is overloading me at the moment
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 5:10 AM
So, as you can see, I'm now desperately searching for a judge. Any takers?

Field Researcher
#64 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 4:00 PM Last edited by picass0blue : 1st Feb 2011 at 4:19 PM.
^ Did I imagine that you posted at one point to say we're now allowed up to 54 tiles because it's harder than you thought? Is it now 50 again and I have to scrap this? And that's unfortunate about the judge ... I originally came into this thread thinking of judging but you had three. Good luck finding someone

ETA: Yay for singing_Noel!
Forum Resident
#65 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 4:07 PM
I'll judge. ^ ^
Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by picass0blue
^ Did I imagine that you posted at one point to say we're now allowed up to 54 tiles because it's harder than you thought? Is it now 50 again and I have to scrap this? And that's unfortunate about the judge ... I originally came into this thread thinking of judging but you had three. Good luck finding someone

ETA: Yay for singing_Noel!

'Twas totally your i'm-a-gin-askin'. (imagination)

Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
I'll judge. ^ ^

Thank you very much! I'll pm you about scoreing/etc ASAP.

Field Researcher
#67 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 5:29 PM
O.O
Ahh OK...
As long as we have until the 5th I should be fine This is the only tight week for me so that's a blow.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 7:25 PM
My app round scores are done. I'm sending them now!

Good luck everybody! You all did amazing!

^ ^
Forum Resident
#69 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 9:36 PM
I have overly enjoyed looking through these applicants lol do you need another judge????

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Scholar
Original Poster
#70 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 9:40 PM Last edited by kattenijin : 1st Feb 2011 at 10:02 PM.
Default Application Round Scores
Yay! Scores!
Comments from all three judges have been mingled, and edited for redundancy, verbosity, and grammar.
  • Lauratje86
    I adore the wrap around porch, and the landscaping is gorgeous. I would like to see more color on the walls. The white is pretty, but too safe. I love the lake. Putting a bookcase in the kitchen was a pretty smart idea, especially because it doesn't look out of place like I though a bookcase would look in a kitchen.

Total 1: 82
    Total 2: 60
    Total 3: 69
    Average: 70.33
  • sandymdh
    The castle theme is so unique, and the landscaping is superb. The furnishings really do a good job of continuing the feel throughout the house, letting everything just flow. You appear to have more tiles than you should, but you left those areas "void." I like the four-tile bathroom and the tiny entrance hall as well, they helped make everything fit. Also, the back of the castle is interesting; it looks as if part of the building had fallen down.

Total 1: 95
    Total 2: 85
    Total 3: 89
    Average: 89.66
  • amora_selvagen
    I really love this house, and I really didn't want to take off so many points but I had to because it is "over budget". I like the style, you furnished it well, but nothing about it really popped. Loved the modern kitchen and style! Also loved how you put in a driveway for cars. However, your house seems too big and you went over the tile limit. The furniture is great - the kitchen looks like something from a magazine advertisement. It looks like she used 35 tiles on EACH floor, how could a two-story house possibly have only 35 tiles?

Total 1: 81
    Total 2: 60
    Total 3: 59
    Average: 66.66
  • Samethana
    I adore this house! So cozy and cute! You did an amazing job of furnishing the inside, and I love how quaint it looks on the outside, maybe a little too quaint. I love the exterior! It gives a warm 'welcome home' feeling and interior's space is used wisely. This lot's furniture is swee, if a bit too pink. The living room/bedroom/kitchen looks a bit "empty" when you look at it from the top. She's a genius if she managed to build a 35-tile lot and still make it look empty.
    Maybe some of the extra space could have been added to the bathroom?

Total 1: 93
    Total 2: 80
    Total 3: 66
    Average: 79.66
  • wgroome
    Yay, a cabin! I like this house, it seems like it would make a really great vacation home. I love the simplistic quaintness, but it may be a little too simple and quaint. Some fun colors and decor would have been nice to see. The Montana Cabin #5 fits right in among Maxis lots, but it doesn't have a "Maxisy" feeling - that's the perfect balance to me. The space was also well-used: the lot doesn't look too full or empty. I think the builder could have moved the bed to the left and made a dressing room.

Total 1: 91
    Total 2: 73
    Total 3: 73
    Average: 79
  • wickedblue
    Everything is really well done, the inside, the outside, the landscaping. I would have liked to see more creativity in the architecture, but you did do this house under budget. Doesn't this look like a house in a fairy tale? Except for the technology, of course.

Total 1: 97
    Total 2: 78
    Total 3: 73
    Average: 82.66
  • Sulyuki
    I really like wrap around porches. This house is gorgeously lanscaped, and built. I would have liked to see just as much creativity inside the house as outside. Great house and very nice landscaping, nice and clean job! I noticed that the porch is overpowering the house and it would seem that you went over the tile limit. This one is particularly pretty. I wouldn't mind living in it! Uhm... dejà vu? Isn't something about this house kind of similar to something I've already seen?

Total 2: 55
    Total 3: 69
    Average: 72.33
  • hotaru801
    Wow! This house is awesome! I love your idea of a far eastern-style house! The lot looks so spacious, when it's actually kind of small. It's so relaxing! What a gorgeous and exotic building! This Japanese style is simply awesome.

Total 1: 95
    Total 2: 75
    Total 3: 90
    Average: 86.66
  • phoenixshikiri
    I really like the furnishings in this house, so pretty and classy. The structure and the exterior of this home leaves something to be desired. You were also over on your tiles, so I had to deduct some extra creativity points. The interior color scheme really took a hit on your beauty score. However, the exterior looked beautiful. Next time, try not to make everything inside the same color/texture; mix it up. Try to stay within the allotted tile limit next time. There is no privacy in this house with no walls for the bathroom. The bedroom could have been private too.

Total 1: 88
    Total 2: 55
    Total 3: 82
    Average: 75
  • picass0blue
    When I saw the outside I totally didn't expect it to look like it does on the inside. I love how you furnished it! I would have liked it more if it was as fun outside as it is inside. I love it how the house looks different on the outside and on the inside. It's kind of surprising.

Total 1: 91.5
    Total 2: 67.5
    Total 3: 84.5
    Average: 81.16
  • Cloudburst
    This house is spectacular! The landscaping, the architecture, the decor, everything flows so perfectly. Big round of applause for you! The dormer was a nice addition, despite being decorative only. It looks so inviting and peaceful. It looks like one of those places where even time seems to "relax": years feel like days and days feel like years. It's such a calm and quiet-looking house.

Total 1: 100
    Total 2: 99
    Total 3: 90
    Average: 96.33
  • pandorasnark
    This house is so unique! I would have liked to see more landscaping, but in a way the emptiness kinda adds to this house's funkiness. I liked it, but everything seemed to have the same pattern/texture. Those windows are really romantic. I love the palm tree placement.

Total 2: 75
    Total 3: 79
    Average: 82.33
The top three scores for this round are:

#3: hotaru801 86.66
#2: Sandymdh 89.66
#1: Cloudburst 96.33

Congradulations to you all!

And, slightly OT:
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
I'm really struggling with this round - 15 more tiles seemed like so much.

Wait 'till round two. You have almost three times as much as this round. It dosen't get easier, MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Field Researcher
#71 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 10:29 PM
Hum... these scores have made me want to redo my entry for round one... I'll probably update it later tonight... *Nods*

Field Researcher
#72 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 8:10 PM
Default Changed my mind
I was feeling pretty underwhelmed with my entry this week and suddenly had an idea last night. As time's not up yet I have deleted the original post and here is my 2nd round entry. As a bonus I even got to find a use for some of the Barnacle Bay items I forgot I even had!
As you can see it's a recycled canal boat. Once it used to transport goods between towns but it hasn't left the area in decades. Instead it's being used as an unusual home. Hope you like it :-)

Front View

Overhead

Interior

Bedroom Area

Nursery

Misc
Mad Poster
#73 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 9:41 PM
Thanks for the scores/comments judges! :-)

I do have a question, though. It seems from looking at the round just judged that there was no (specified) penalty for using more than the allotted tiles. Will this be the same for all the rounds?

My next one will be in in a day or two, I'm still finishing it off :-D It's so hard!
Field Researcher
#74 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 11:55 PM
So I have redone my entry for round 1... And I came in at 44 tiles. Yay! I think this might be the first time I actually had fun using cas... I wanted it to be bright and fun... And I managed to get everything to be accessible. Woot woot!

I call it Da Go Pa House...

Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
It seems from looking at the round just judged that there was no (specified) penalty for using more than the allotted tiles. Will this be the same for all the rounds?

While there was no specific penalty, the requirements specifically stated to use no more than 35 tiles. Not following direction generally incurs a penalty. By the same token, there was a bonus for being under the tile budget, at a hefty 1 point per tile for the first 5 tiles.

Each round will have a tile allotment requirement, hence the title "Everything they ever wanted, only smaller."

Out of the 12 contestants, 2 went over and recieved lower scores, 2 technically were over by 1 tile each, but didn't get penalized because the space wasn't useable, 4 recieved bonus points, and the rest were right at 35.

Page 3 of 9