Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 3:14 AM
wait a sec? no woohoo before marriage?

my sims will never make it...
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:36 PM
500,000 is more of challenge; as impossible as it seems I may go for that or some other number higher than 100,000.
Instructor
#53 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDragoon13
It would appear that I made a slight mistake, forgive me, I think I meant 100,000 at adult, and 500,000 at elder.

I have an elder-actually-dies-in-a-reasonable-amount-of-time mod, so I don't think I'll make the 500,000. Then again, I've never tried for 100,000 - so I don't know if I'll make that either. (I didn't even know that you find this in their memories.)

It looks like the money they get at college goes towards earnings. It also looks like the cash prizes in OFB don't. Can anyone confirm this?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 7:24 PM
If you want to go for over 100,000 all the better to you, just a few tips, you may have all the businesses you want, or you may have the subject's spouse get a job. You can also have the subject's children get jobs when they are teens, as long as the subject has the money it does not matter how he, or she gets it. Just make sure the subject still reaches the top of their job.

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 7:32 PM
If you are interested I'm allowing the following:
Step 1, make the three adult version of the challenge, the use testing cheats, (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true)
Step 2, wait for night time, the press the shift key, and click on the telescope.
Step 3 click Get Abducted.
Step 4, Turn off testing cheats so you are not tempted to cheat more in the challenge, (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false)
I find that this can make the challenge more interesting, just know testing cheats can cause problems if you do it too much.

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Instructor
#56 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:57 PM
updates with pics

Subject as adult:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Subject's parents: Antigone and Gaston Sixpence

Subject with future wife Lucy Burb

Subject with first born son, Massimo

Completed missions
Young Adult:
Joined secret society
Had first make-out
Had first woo hoo (but they were engaged!)
Met supernatural and made best friends with supernatural
(Became warlock and reached maximum wickedness)
Achieved LTW of Max Skills
(Opened first business - F.N. Robots)
Made Dean's List 7 times
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Had great graduation party

Adult:
Married Lucy Burb
Fullfilled second LTW - Reached top of medical career
Had two kids
(Reached Max magical)
Master Roboteer - Made Servo
(Master of Sales)
(Sold great novel)
(Earned Best of the Best for two businesses)
(Earned 50000)

Because money is the thing now, once Hawthorne became Chief of Staff, he quit and started in the Natural Science career. He has 10 BFF's and was trying for the next - but unfortunately she walked a bit too close to the cow plant.

F.N. Robots was doing well until his second hire - stupid kid threw a water balloon at the reviewer and now he has a bad review.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:00 AM
Good job! I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about the no woo-hoo before marrage thing, oh well I don't think anybody follows challenges to the letter, but I don't mind. Is your robot shop's name supposed to be a pun, or am I thinking too far away from the box? You did well to fulfill two lifetime wants in one subject, but I only count the first one in the goals, I don't see much point in why maxis made to where you could do this anyway. One life time want is all you really need, platinum for the rest of your life, a truck load of points, I guess the second one is for greedy players that want more points.

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:20 AM
Before I posted this challenge, I did a test run, for those of you that have questions, I'll post my test run's story here as an example. I started with 3 adult sims from CAS, Lazlo, named after the Lazlo in Strange Town, Lance, named after the Lance from Symbionic Titan, and Illana. I made them siblings, to remake the Strange Town version. I like to play as alien sims so I did my best to remake the Strange Town scene. This is why I have allowed alien subjects, by the way. While Lance became the subject's father Lazlo made friends with Lucky the Demon-Hound, no I really did not use cheats for this to happen I turned them off right after Lance was taken, so Lazlo is a Werewolf. A few sim days later Ariana the subject of my challenge was born, her sign is Cancer. I don't know why all of my aliens are born girls. I don't have time to type much more, but know this, when she was a toddler she got two logic points, but only one creativity, so I made her a Knoledge sim later on. To be continued...

Instructor
#59 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:05 PM
Thanks! It almost feels like cheating because this sim's a warlock - but he had that want. I'll have to do it again with a fortune sim.

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about the no woo-hoo before marrage thing...

Because you said 'manditory'.

Yeah, the store name is what you think - it's not original, but I think it's appropriate.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 5:47 PM
When I invited the Headmaster over, I had Lazlo, and Illana go hide in one room, I then had Lance lock the room. I did this because Lazlo, and Illana have a strange habit of throwing water balloons at people that they really should not do that to. Note: I never said you can't lock some sims in a room, if it's just for one mission. After a tour of the house, Lance was done cooking dinner. I made sure Moonstone, Ariana's cat was locked out side so she wouldn't beg. Ariana mad it into private school, and once she had an A+, and learned to study I had her practice chess a lot, for the logic skill. Because she had more logic when she grew from toddler, to child she will be a Knoledge sim. When she grew from child to teen, she had about 4-5 logic points. I had her get a job that vary night. The Cooking career track was her choice. Later on I'll tell you all about how the house was left in shambles by the time she left for college.

Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 8:28 PM
I don't think you should make it so people have to wait until college to have their first make-out, or wait until marriage to have first woo-hoo. Many people these days don't observe these constraints in real life. I think it should count no matter when it happens. I mean, honestly, your life isn't ruined if you make out with someone when you're a teen; and most people these days lose their virginity before their junior year in high school!

Not saying that it's wrong for you or others to play the game like that, I'm just saying that I think you should also cater to the people who wish to play their game differently.

Besides, a teen pregnancy, or getting caught cheating might add a bit of spice to the challenge, and make it a little harder :p

When prey softly outwits its predator... such is a sight to see...
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyblueearly4
I don't think you should make it so people have to wait until college to have their first make-out, or wait until marriage to have first woo-hoo. Many people these days don't observe these constraints in real life. I think it should count no matter when it happens. I mean, honestly, your life isn't ruined if you make out with someone when you're a teen; and most people these days lose their virginity before their junior year in high school!

Not saying that it's wrong for you or others to play the game like that, I'm just saying that I think you should also cater to the people who wish to play their game differently.

Besides, a teen pregnancy, or getting caught cheating might add a bit of spice to the challenge, and make it a little harder :p

...Whatever you say, the challenge was supposed to be baced off of the idea that the subject follows all the rules, does their best in school, and work. I don't see how on Earth teen pregnancy could make it harder, or more fun for that matter, but it seems like it would not only be cheating, it would totaly miss the point of the challenge by far!

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 10:05 PM
After Ariana became an Overreacher, I had her throw the optional teen party mission. The house was packed, because I baced the challenge in my custom town, I only had custom sims visit for the party. I had a table of food the house was clean, all was well, at first. Lazlo, and Illana for some reason both wanted to look at the art in the bathroom, at the same time, two of the guests had to use the toilet. Ariana had her first kiss, and the bathroom was destroyed. I did mannage to end the party with a Roof Raiser score. Ariana did get the flu however, and even if you have a sim with the flu move to college, they still have their flu. To be continued...

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 10:13 PM
After Ariana became an Overreacher, I had her throw the optional teen party mission. The house was packed, because I baced the challenge in my custom town, I only had custom sims visit for the party. I had a table of food the house was clean, all was well, at first. Lazlo, and Illana for some reason both wanted to look at the art in the bathroom, at the same time, two of the guests had to use the toilet. Ariana had her first kiss, and the bathroom was destroyed. I did mannage to end the party with a Roof Raiser score. Ariana did get the flu however, and even if you have a sim with the flu move to college, they still have their flu. To be continued...

OH BOY I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT

I bet she gets a cure.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheese678
OH BOY I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT

I bet she gets a cure.

...Sarcasm!? Oh well, here it is cheese, the next part of the story. Sim State University a fine place for a sim or challenge subject to go to learn. Ariana moved into the landgrabb dorms, she had to miss her first class to stay in bed. No, cheese, I do not have the EP for a flu cure, so she just had to relax for a day. After she got better, and brought her grade up in the Science class, I had her go looking for Secret Society members. I looked in the gym, the quad, and the library, and no sign of the Secret Society, so I looked near the Old Sim State Tower, and what do you know, they were there, in uniform just sitting around. To be continued...

Instructor
#66 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 11:54 PM
No, cheese, I do not have the EP for a flu cure, so she just had to relax for a day...

The biotech station comes with the base game, so yes, you actually do. It's the career reward for the scientist track. You have to make your sim create medicine with it, if they do it properly they can drink it to cure illness.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 1:12 AM
Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you.

Edit: I was the one who clicked helpful on your post.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 6:33 PM
Hey! Have any of you noticed how the agree/disagree buttons a locked? It's like they are no longer a feature of Mod The Sims, I mean, they even took the counters from them. Maybe it's just me?

Lab Assistant
#69 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 6:54 PM
Hey! Have any of you noticed how the agree/disagree buttons a locked? It's like they are no longer a feature of Mod The Sims, I mean, they even took the counters from them. Maybe it's just me?

I guess it's just you. And I can't wait to find out what happens next.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheese678
...And I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Okay then, after the subject joined the Secret Society it left me lots of time to focus on her grades. By the time she finished the second year, she had made the Dean's List three times. Towards the end of her next semester, she was able to move into a rented house. By this time she has finished the following missions:

Join the Secret Society, Check.
Have first make-out, Check.
Have at least three points in all skill types, Check.

Next time I'll tell you all about her collage 'Manditory' party. To be continued...

Instructor
#71 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 1:33 AM
Good luck on your party. I had forgotten about that, and just squeaked by with a graduation party. My subject just had a birthday party for his youngest son. You know, it was going great until the last 50 seconds when it just tanked. I don't understand what happened - I've had sims die at parties and they were still great. Or maybe that's why they were great... Next time I won't fence off the cow plant!

I didn't do the pet because I don't have Pets and I didn't do the fish because my graphics are so bad I can't see the fish - but, I just remembered there's this little dog-like... thing with AL. So, we will be getting a critter after all.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
Good luck on your party. I had forgotten about that, and just squeaked by with a graduation party. My subject just had a birthday party for his youngest son. You know, it was going great until the last 50 seconds when it just tanked. I don't understand what happened - I've had sims die at parties and they were still great. Or maybe that's why they were great... Next time I won't fence off the cow plant!

I didn't do the pet because I don't have Pets and I didn't do the fish because my graphics are so bad I can't see the fish - but, I just remembered there's this little dog-like... thing with AL. So, we will be getting a critter after all.

I don't have Apartment Life so you'll have to fill me in on how that works. My subject's teen party had a death too. I don't know what killed that sim though, because it happened when Ariana had her first kiss. I would post pictures of Ariana, and her family, but I can't seem to find them.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 3:31 AM
So, is my test run story helping any of you? Well here is the next part of the story. Ariana mannaged to get enough money, to move into a rented house. Using stuff I had her put in her pocket, she did not have to spend much money. I had her take everything from her room, before moving to collage, and I had her take everything from her dorm room before leaving for this house. Her house was small, so it was a big mistake, when I invited seven people over for her party. These are the people she invited:

Lance, Illana, and Lazlo Luneth (Her family, and yes Luneth is a reference to Final Fantasy)
3 Members of the Secret Society
And last, but not least, A recreation of a Men In Black character.

I still mannaged to squeeze by with a good party, even though the small space made most of them get cramped into one room, the T.V. room. We're almost to the Adult phase of the challenge.

Scholar
#74 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 9:11 PM
Keep it up Dragoon.

I built a lovely and brightly colored house, I moved in Honore Vonschopenschnope and Erik Ryder,as roommates. Since their job is to raise three children I made them compatable with each other and since I run ACR and Inteen I got them jobs and let their courtship take care of itself, only disabling autowoohoo. Since the children are expected to wait until marriage I figured I'd let the parent set the example.

So after a very endearing courtship (of which I thought I took pictures, but didn't) Honore and Erik were married. Their wedding party was roofraiser and Erik Ryder became Erik VonschnopenSchnope. Not long after the after the first child was concieved.

Subject 1# failure- pregnancy resulted in stillbirth at 7 months.

Subject2# Trust Vonschnopenschnope:
current age-child
all toddler missions: completed
transition status:platinum
pet: feline,male still kitten

Subject 2#- Steadfast VonschnopenSchnope
current age: infant

Hopfeully I'll post a link for pictures this weekend.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 9:36 PM
Your doing good, A.G. Doren, I found some pictures of my subject, Ariana Luneth, which I'll try to post here as soon as figure out how. So, did you think of that last name your self, or what?

Page 3 of 5