Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
That house does have the special gate. The paparazzi got in during the wedding party I had that afternoon, and they don't leave when you tell all the guests to leave.

Isn't it possible to greet them first and then ask them to leave? Anyway, how the hell did he end up *in* your Sims' bedroom? I had never had a paparazi enter my Sim's house. Before placing the special fence and gate they would enter and stay out in the garden, and this was the furthest they would go.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Isn't it possible to greet them first and then ask them to leave? Anyway, how the hell did he end up *in* your Sims' bedroom? I had never had a paparazi enter my Sim's house. Before placing the special fence and gate they would enter and stay out in the garden, and this was the furthest they would go.

He came in through the door. Other people in this thread, including the OP, have said that paparazzi come into their homes and bedrooms. You are lucky they don't come into your house, but apparently it does happen.

I haven't tried greeting them and asking them to leave, though. I'd love a 'celebrity punches paparazzi in face and breaks his camera' interaction instead of a greet in that situation.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I haven't tried greeting them and asking them to leave, though. I'd love a 'celebrity punches paparazzi in face and breaks his camera' interaction instead of a greet in that situation.

This is why I love Sean Penn: You have no place in my private life *PUNCH*
Alchemist
#54 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
This is why I love Sean Penn: You have no place in my private life *PUNCH*

Yes, the interaction should be called the Sean Penn.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:29 PM
Does using testingcheatsenabled true, shift clicking on the paparazzi, and selecting "Object : Delete it" not work?

Everyone lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:41 PM
Yes it does, but that doesn't stop the game from spawning a new npc to take the place of the one you deleted and doing the same things you dont want.
Test Subject
#57 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:26 PM
When my sim was a measly 1 star celeb, he had 1 paparazzi guy wander in and take pictures of him cooking o.o It was weird, to say the least. And, as mentioned before, my sim couldn't get him to leave. So my sim was just was mean to him instead.
Test Subject
#58 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sasiddiqui
I want my sim to be part of the paparazzi. Can I do that?

You made it sound like a mafia.
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
To a point, its easy to gain if you look to raise them but early stages you have to try for that for a bit.

I admit, its easy ... ridiculous easy to raise stars and even accidentally do it because you are trying to be friendly to the boss that happens to be one.

Private property does not extend to public areas (streets), also I once had the argument about garbage (of all things) as if it was considered public or not so you can only call on what is the right of privacy and if you make NO attempt at privacy then you can expect none, being stark naked in your open to the view of anyone in the street lawn is Indecent Exposure even if you are in your private property because its public exposure.

So they can be there, in reality they are there because Celebrities do not own houses with tall fenced areas because they are afraid of thieves, they do so to protect their privacy and you still have paparazzi camping on their front doors and looking to get a look at the inside.

Consider the game follows the "Lot" principle, anything that happens happens in the lot your controllable Sim so what happens if the paparazzi were not allowed to enter the Home lot? its not as if they can go anywhere else nearby because the game will just keep them in stasis when outside the "Lot".

So the paparazzi would only exist for what? Gain?

What I am talking about is having your cake and eat it too, EA made Celebrity come at a price and I agree with them ... having all the perks (free stuff, reduced prices, etc ...) but NO negative aspect would be ... cheap, at least they are giving a moderate annoying negative aspect that is pretty much just a slight annoyance (I am not the one saying "Rape will be next" as someone already did) that unfortunate have no negative effect, I can have my Sim flirting in the hot tube with another (married to another Sim) and nothing seems to happen.

You seem to be lucky. I have no problem with paparazzi hanging around my sim's home. I even made a subbasement with a direct elevator from outside. This way they can snap pics of sims doing simlish things. I don't think they should be able to walk right through the front door and raid your home though. At the very least, they should get public disgrace for breaking into your house. Better yet, you should be able to file criminal charges.

My sims get public disgrace for everything. One sim was flirting with a vampire while her husband was at a park and there were no witnesses. She was publicly disgraced and her husband considered it cheating, they did no more than hold hands. The esp in the game is amazing.
Test Subject
#60 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:26 AM
I seriously want less Paparazzi, I've tried killing them but they just keep coming, I have a gate up but they stand outside the gate, they invade parties constantly and it's really stupid that I can't ask them to leave, or demand that they leave, or hire a weekly bodyguard to break their arms and smash their cameras... Sims code is Alien to me, any modders who have an idea for how to get rid of Paparazzi would be much loved!
Mad Poster
#61 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 9:55 AM
Post #42 in this thread has a link to one such mod.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#62 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 7:10 PM
I have had papparrazzi in house! How that happened was that I had a basement with a stair outside house, and a pole to slide down inside.
The papparrazzi climbed the pole LOL. To FIX, I had to extend the house to include the stairs
Scholar
#63 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Maybe once we get a Pets expansion, you can train your rottweiler to chase them off the property. Now that would be fun. XD
LOL, I could just imagine the rumors spreading about your 5 stars demonic dog XD
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 6:41 PM
Although locking the gate is an option, as it was mentioned earlier, it is a pain in the batootie to "open gate" or unlock it every day to let the maid in or a repair person, or friends my Sims' children bring home from school, etc.

I checked out the mod listed a couple of pages back, but I don't want to totally do away with the paparazzi as that is part of being a celebrity. What I'm looking for is a mod that stops them from entering the residence uninvited. You don't see paparazzi entering homes like that in the real world (and if they do you can have them arrested). I even had a paparazzi come into my celeb's home, take the baby out of it's crib and start to leave with it.

I just want to stop them from entering the residence. I don't care if they stroll the property and snap photos outside the windows, etc, just stay out of the house!

MUMBLER! Seriously, I cannot understand a word you're saying! .... Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Field Researcher
#65 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 3:12 PM
So my Sim (5 Star) and his new wife (4 Star) went to France for their honeymoon. They climb into bed and start to Woohoo, and THREE paparazzi come in the bedroom and start taking pictures. That's going a bit too far.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 5:53 PM
Could always crack out the tomb traps if you have World Adventures.

Line them up so the pap's walk over them. Typical response to an NPC triggering a trap is to flee the lot. Otherwise if they trigger it twice before the moodlet ends, well, they dont' bother you anymore.

The only bad thing about this is you might have to make a graveyard specifically for paparazzi.
Scholar
#67 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 6:36 PM
Okay, no papparazzi have borken into my celeb sims homes or really harrassed them. They hang around where my Sims go and take pics. I always wanted more Papparazzi. I'm not into the Sim vampires (tried one and it wasn't for me) so I pretty much have my sims avoid interacting with Vampires whenever possible. Lately, I notice two new paparazzi in my game. I thought "Great!" until I realized they are vampires. Vampire Papparazzi?! This game can be really annoying at times. I might play them just long enough to send them to the science lab for the cure.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrizBehr
So my Sim (5 Star) and his new wife (4 Star) went to France for their honeymoon. They climb into bed and start to Woohoo, and THREE paparazzi come in the bedroom and start taking pictures. That's going a bit too far.

And what's worse, the celeb gets "disgraced" for woo-hoo in public Ok, sure, it's an incentive to get lvl 3 and buy a vaca home...but who thinks a couple is going to go on vacation and NOT have sex??!

I'm using a mod to make the woo-hoo in public not disgraceful for now, but honestly I think it *should* be if you're caught woo-hooing in the theater or somewhere like that. No thought whatsoever went into how the paps would interact in the WA worlds.
Test Subject
#69 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 2:32 PM
All I want is for the paparazzi to dump their cues and respond to me NOW when I try to interact with them, instead of running around writing and snapping pictures of me for two freakin sim hours before they decide to leave the lot!
Test Subject
#70 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 11:39 PM
Does anyone else have the problem of one of your other Sims not in your active household becoming Paparazzi? I made a few of my friends in the Sims 3 and put them in a house and one of them became a paparazi! I tried everything to get him to not be one, but even quiting his active career didn't fix it! He's a damn sculptor, not a paparazzi!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
There is one here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4828.0

Thankyou!!

19 - Female - Australia
Forum Resident
#72 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:32 PM
ha ha, that reminds me of a time when my Sim was in his high-rise and the paparazzi took pictures of him playing video games. I could just see tomorrow's headline: "Pedro Beats Level Two of Skateboard Mania!"
Test Subject
#73 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Maybe it's just me, but I find the paparazzi funny. It reminds me of the quirkyness of TS1

I agree!
Anyone remember the obsessed fan from Sims Superstar? He was hilarious, used to hide up trees and stalk my sim on vacation.

I actually have a lot of fun with the paps.
For example, I'm currently playing Matthew Hamming's ex girlfriend who has just reached 4 star celeb status. She's has no talent of her own but is famous for sleeping her way around all of the celebs in town. She's dramatic, flirty and has star quality which is a fun mix to play. I often make her wait 'til the paps have arrived before she kisses and publicly woohoos her next conquest. I also enjoy making her seek attention from the papparazzi before pretending to faint...strange thing is the papparazzi pay no attention to her fainting at all, often they just walk off and leave her to it!
Yes, she does get publicly shamed alot but so what? She's rich enough to live without the celeb discounts anyway and she can bribe or sneak her way into any club that she's refused entry to.

To me, what's far more annoying than the papparazzi is other sims constantly asking for autographs and expecting her to pose for photographs. Recently when she was on vacation, they followed her into tombs asking for autographs, even standing outside and watching whilst she wohooed in the tent.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 11:36 PM
Meanwhile, in France...

It's teatime somewhere.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:39 AM
Am I mistaken or is that 2 females in the bed? This is why the guy comes in and takes photos...

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Page 3 of 5