Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Harder Celebrity Difficulty & More (Late Night)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 4th Nov 2010 at 12:29 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2012 at 8:09 AM by HystericalParoxysm

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:04 PM
THIS IS JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Question: If you downloaded the x5 difficulty, will this bump down the level 5 celebs already within your town?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:13 PM
Thank you x1000. This is just what I want. I'm going to try the most difficult one.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:14 PM
I have always admired your work, Thank~You so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:06 PM
Thanks! I haven't even gotten to play any of the new stuff yet, but knowing celebs couldn't get down with vamps annoyed me, ha ha.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:12 PM
traelia - Nope - it won't change current celeb levels, just make it harder to raise level from then on.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:27 PM
Great mod ! Yea become celebrities is way to easy without your mod , thanks.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:08 PM
Thanks for this! Compared to TS1 Superstar becoming a celebrity is way too easy in LN.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:36 PM
I found myself enjoying this EP a lot however the celebrity level gain is annoyingly fast and easy. Thank you muchly for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:07 PM
You are the best--I was looking for something like this!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:23 PM
LOL, I made a mod a few days ago to make it easier for sims to achieve celeb status, as I had a sim taking forever to hit level 5. But the other levels were pretty easy to get.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:03 PM
Awesome! One of my celebrity sims was a gardener... now, unless she had her own TV show..

Can't stand celebs, they all have the neurotic mannerisms walking around the town, 'cause of the paps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:23 PM
This was the first mod I thought of after playing Night Life for a bit. It's way too easy to become a celebrity at the default level--almost unavoidable!

I actually like all the disgraceful actions--even though some are silly, they are things that a tabloid would focus on. Any chance there could be a mod for difficulty that doesn't affect the disgraceful actions??

Thanks either way! =]
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:45 PM Last edited by pritzooo : 4th Nov 2010 at 7:57 PM.
hiya i love this mod! well donei too like the disgraceful actions, how can i revert them back to default in s3pe? sorry for being dumb but ive never edited a package on S3PE before:O thanks!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:50 PM
If ya want to change the disgraceful actions back, you can just open the file in S3PE and change the values for those actions from 0.0 to, well, anything between 0 and 1. I can't recall what the originals were - setting them to 0.5 or 0.75 would work though.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:03 PM
Thanks again! just changed the values
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:09 PM Last edited by traelia : 4th Nov 2010 at 9:46 PM.
HP- Thank you, this mod is absolutely perfect!

EDIT: For some reason, the downloads stall and go to "Google Chrome cannot find this page."

EDIT EDIT: I got it now, it was the protective school internet.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:45 PM
Excellent. Maybe now any new game save I make won't have the entire (non LN) town as a bunch of low level celebrities right from the start.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:30 PM
Yes! I could kiss your feet right now, but I hope bowing in e-worship will do. Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:43 PM
wonderful!
Thanks a Million!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:44 PM
Wonderful mod HP! After I found out that my sims could be disgraced by having a child out of wedlock, I didn't want to play with the celebrity feature anymore because I didn't want my simmies to be subject to such "Crumplebottom-esque" moral judgements Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 10:34 PM
Thank you. It's really way too easy to become a celebrity.

The problem with the "disgraceful" actions is probably also the terminology.
A divorce, for example, is not a disgrace, but it might make headlines that the celeb doesn't exactly like and that make him or her uncomfortable about being in public.

Well... calling it "number of times when there were standing things in the papers you don't wanna read about yourself in the papers" would have been akward.

And I think even by this definition having a baby out of wedlock shouldn't be on the list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:30 PM
Wow, thank you so much for this. I made my sims a celebrity by accident (chat with someone on computer) and i didn't want that since I want so many babies out of marriage (I have 40 so far :D) Now I can continue my count Thanks :D
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:18 AM
make a mod that makes it easier to gain celeb level.

and maybe one that only make levels 4 and 5 easier.

--
Eduardog3000
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 1:27 AM
Thanks for making this mod. I installed the x5 variant of this mod and attempted to impress my first celebrity only to find that upon success i gained my first celebrity star, which was a little unexpected!

After tinkering with the mod file a little and reloading a few times for testing i think that the first celebrity star is attained based on the points value of Level 0 and not Level 1. On the default 100 points it only takes me using the impress command twice to gain a celebrity star, but if i set the points to 200, it takes four rounds of impressing.

Thought you might like to know this.
Page 1 of 9