Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 1:06 PM
Whew! Lucky cos if it was the contest or the site I would choose the contest x lol

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 1:10 PM
So do we have to use this same character for all the rounds or what?
Scholar
#53 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 1:44 PM
Default Aalia Williams, Applications

In my native language "Aalia" means "of highest social standing". While I was born in India I was raised in the upper east side of New York and had a very privileged childhood. So I guess you are assuming that I am some stuck up socialite like you see on Gossip Girl? Sure, I got a Mercedes for my sweet 16th and I have a walk in wardrobe Carrie Bradshaw would envy but my parents raised me to work hard. I graduated with honours and was about to head off to college to study architecture until I found out about this contest. Modelling has always been a secret dream of mine and the timing is perfect so why not? My parents don't approve (they don't approve of much) but I think it's about time I do something for me.
Why do I want to be miss world? Well, I am not going to carry on about going against the odds or redefining the face of beauty. That would be a lie. Simply put, I think I would be good at it. No, not good. The best.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:02 PM
Vhanster: Yes you have to use the same sim (character) for all the rounds
DollyRot: Thats very impressive!

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:12 PM
Did I write too much in mine? I got carried away...
Theres another paragraph which I had to delete because I thought we needed a torso + head pic... O_O

Gorgeous Application DollyRot!

Contestant in Miss World - Mya Kavalee
- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Once you start playing "Name That Project", it's time to delete.
~ HugeLunatic on the subject of overflowing project folders.
Inventor
#56 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:21 PM
I'm still thinking about the photoshop part. I know it's easy to say that PS doesn't count, but surely it makes something extra to the pictures right? I just remember old competitions on here, were the winners all clearly have used it a lot. It's easier to smooth up pictures and remove parts you don't like.
Anyway, it's just fun to enter ^^ I have to admit that photoshop will be used, but I'm not gonna do any fantastic features with it!
Forum Resident
#57 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 4:10 PM
Well, the point of the PS is to make your pictures crisp and cleaner and maybe add a border or something. That's why it won't add any over all effect to your score, since all it will do is help us judge more clearly because we can see it better. Photoshop should have nothing to do with winning and I don't see it as such. You'll win by your Sim talent, not your PS talent.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 5:13 PM
Yea x You can use Photoshop if you want! Were not stopping you and Electricblu3 I think you wrote a good amount x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya

Name: Alexandra Olsen

A Short Biography: My name is Alexandra Olsen, and I'm an art student from the Norwegian West Coast. Currently I'm living with my Norwegian forrest cat in a little flat.
My interests are painting, travelling, Italian and American food, photographing, music and most of all; The 1950s. Sense my hairstyle. My real hair color is not really black, but I color it because it suits my style better than my original light brown.

Why do you want to be Miss World?
I've never ever even thought of becoming a model, before some of my friends suggested I should try out for this contest. I just want to prove that no matter what kind of outer image you have it's possible to get far. I'm outgoing, friendly and I love to hang around with people. And as I mentioned I absolutely love travelling! Since Miss World will probably be able to travel and meet a lot of people this is it for me I think. Winning something is big for everyone, and especially if it means you can share your ideas and believes with a lot of people. For me getting the world and all cultures together is an important achievement.

You'll have to send me a message with links to your pictures. I can't see them in this current format.

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 6:08 AM Last edited by Sims_God : 12th Sep 2010 at 8:11 AM.
Default Athena Liu Mei Hua
Name : Athena Liu Mei Hua

Birthplace : Taipei, Taiwan

Culture : Chinese

A Short Biography :

你好!我姓刘,叫美花.
But you can call me Athena, that's my English name and all my foreign friends call me that way.
Well...what can I say about my family. My father is one of the successful business man in Beijing. My mother has blue blood in her veins.
I'm their only daughter, so you may already know, I think I'm a little spoiled and I'm definitely my Daddy's little girl ^ ^.

Why do you want to be Miss World ?
Okay, it may sound absurd, but the reason I decided to join this contest is because of a MAN. :lovestruc He is my first love ever since I met him a few years back. His name is Jared Lin Jin Long and I'm secretly in love with him.
But the sad thing is he NEVER noticed me....that's why by joining this contest, and being known by the entire world, I hope the man of my dreams will finally be able to SEE me the way I want him to.

Headshot

Profileshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 6:43 AM
lovely pictures Sims God! she is very beautiful

.::I'm just a Korean girl who loves simming and being in her own world::.

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 6:54 AM
thank you falloutchild ^ ^

looking forward to see other contestants' pics.

amazing pics so far guys

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 7:06 AM
your welcome I can't wait to start round one, i've already chosen my clothes and hair do etc. let's bring it on!

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 7:31 AM
Hahaha awesome
I love what you people with your sims...

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 7:39 AM
on my aplication, i edited the free choice pic. is that okay?

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 7:39 AM
Good day to the judges, contestants and host of this competetion. I would like to send out my deepest apologies and tell you all that I have to withdraw from the contest due to undisclosed reasons regarding my health. I will delete my application if need be, but I wanted to wish everyone good luck and a early congrats to the winner!

Best Regards,
London~Taylor
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 8:14 AM
so sad to hear that London Taylor , I hope you're gonna be fine

btw I edited my app. I read the rules that stated the age must be from 21-35.

So I changed Athena's age to 22.

Also I noticed there is a 'Miss China' already, so I changed Athena's country to Taiwan.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 8:39 AM
You can change you applications until the round is closed.

And I does not really matter if there is 2 from the same country but better not to lol

*love* For London

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 9:02 AM
london

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:01 AM
i just edited my apilication again *faceplam* i keep realizing problems.

Inventor
#71 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
You'll have to send me a message with links to your pictures. I can't see them in this current format.

Do you use firefox? They are uploaded in photobucket, so I don't know what's wrong. Anyway, I'll try to send the links to photobucket. Hopefully they'll show up
Inventor
#72 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 2:17 PM
Does anyone else have any problems seeing my Application pictures? I just need to check in case I will have to reupload them.
Scholar
#73 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 2:28 PM
Forum Resident
#74 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 4:08 PM
I can see them perfectly fine, malfoya, and I use FireFox. I know that I couldn't see them yesterday, however, but I did seem them when you first posted. It should be fine.

ZulehkaHenao - Hey, your sim is beautiful, but I think you should change your free shot. It's far too much like your head shot. The point of the different pictures is to show us as much about the diversity of your sim as possible. Also, would it be possible to photograph your sim on the other side in the body shot? Again, the point is to see as much of the sim as we can, and I love the position, I just find that whenever I look at it, my eyes are drawn to the huge bag and not much else. Photograph her from the other side and the bag is there, it's just not the focal point of the picture.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Inventor
#75 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 4:33 PM
Ok, that's good ^^ Then there's nothing wrong with the files.
If anyone of the judges doesn't see them I'll be happy to mail them or try to find another solution

And btw, everyone's simmies are so pretty^^ It will definately be a hard competition!

Page 3 of 22