Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:50 PM
Cool looking forward to seeing your App Malfoya !

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:22 PM

Name: Alexandra Olsen

Birthplace: Aalesund, Norway

Culture: Scandinavian

A Short Biography: My name is Alexandra Olsen, and I'm an art student from the Norwegian West Coast. Currently I'm living with my Norwegian forrest cat in a little flat.
My interests are painting, travelling, Italian and American food, photographing, music and most of all; The 1950s. Sense my hairstyle. My real hair color is not really black, but I color it because it suits my style better than my original light brown.

Why do you want to be Miss World?
I've never ever even thought of becoming a model, before some of my friends suggested I should try out for this contest. I just want to prove that no matter what kind of outer image you have it's possible to get far. I'm outgoing, friendly and I love to hang around with people. And as I mentioned I absolutely love travelling! Since Miss World will probably be able to travel and meet a lot of people this is it for me I think. Winning something is big for everyone, and especially if it means you can share your ideas and believes with a lot of people. For me getting the world and all cultures together is an important achievement.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 8:52 AM
Oh *claps* Well done people. Just letting you know PLEASE do NOT hold places ..... it's not necessary. Just wastes space, any one who does I will deduct points from, for the fact of its a pain in the butt lol.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:11 PM
*NOT A PLACE HOLDER* This sounds good I was in the Simcitys Next Top Model, and I'm really disappointed how it ended! Lets hope this one sticks 'till the end!!!!

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:12 PM
Agreed Its easier for you to just post it in one go x WELL DONE malfoya x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:17 PM
MaydayParade ma BABE! Can't wait for your App :D

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 9:42 PM
SAME!!! I love seeing what people come up with..... Because I can't do these things lol (not that I tried for long)

Theorist
#33 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 2:34 AM
@Kaylarox: What do you mean by "do not hold spaces"? *confused*
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:58 AM
hmmm....looks interesting.

I may give it a try...... if my game cooperates with me, since it keeps crashing on me lately.

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:16 AM
Putting in applications just for the sake of holding your place - is holding a spot - BTW I wouldn''t really deduct points that would be nasty

Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 5:24 AM
Default Mya Kavalee
Hello, my name is Mya Kavalee (Pronounced Mii-yaa Ka-va-lee) and I am 22 years old. I live in the inner city suburbs of Victoria, Australia. I am a part time model and when I’m not strutting it out on the catwalk or in a photo shoot for a catalogue; I work at a clothing store in the city of Melbourne.

Aboriginal Australian, Indonesian, English and Thai are in my heritage and the combination of different worlds has made me the confident, easy going person that I am today. I grew up attending various ceremonies and celebrating different events by wearing different things to my peers and through this; I developed a passion for looking my best.

When I was 13 I begged my mother to let me join a child modelling agency. I begged relentlessly and she finally gave up on my 15th birthday; I received an agent and a photo shoot for my special day.

Since then, I’ve found out that modelling is all that I want to do.
I’ve participated in catalogues, advertising and commercials but my big break came when I was in a runway show for the 2009 Melbourne Fashion Week. My edgy look and my oriental influences made me popular with large labels and designers.

Although my genes are a mix of different cultures, I particularly favour the nationality of my father, which is Thai. This is the culture that I am the most appreciative of and the Thai Buddhist religion is the one that I follow. Other than that, I love the fashions, the creativity, the animals, the food and the experiences of Thailand – For my 21st birthday, I went to Bangkok for a massive shopping spree, it was the most fun I’ve ever had in my life!!
My friends found out about this competition and suggested that I have a try. Culture is such an important part of my life and this contest combines modelling and heritage which are the two biggest things in my world.

~~~~

I found out that I needed 4 pictures of me for my application so I called up one of my best friends, who is an ace photographer. I’ve worked with her before from when she took some pictures for my portfolio last year.

FACE SHOT/ HEAD SHOT:

My friend told me to act natural and to look natural so I applied only a little makeup. The first picture we took was the one of my head and face. This is how I usually wear my hair, it’s fairly long and is a bluey black colour; some parts are cut shorter than others and it goes down to my rib bones.

PROFILE:

The next picture that we took was a profile picture. My hair was in the way of my features so I tied it up in a messy knot. I wear my hair like this sometimes; it looks casually formal... or something like that.
Personally, I like this picture because it shows off my long neck.

BODYSHOT:

The next picture is the body shot photograph, I really like this one as well – the angle is pretty cool. The dress is one I bought in Bangkok, it was a bargain and I think it’s gorgeous! This picture shows off my high cheekbones and my long legs.

FREESHOT:

This next picture is when I appeared in an advertising campaign for my favourite designer, Alex Fleming. The collection was called ‘The Morrigan’ and was based on an ancient Goddess, the Crow Goddess.

This picture represents me being an ‘Urban Morrigan’ and I got to wear a slinky black dress that I loved! My hair was straightened out and I had plenty of extensions to make it longer, it was dyed a dark black/blue and it’s the colour that I still use today. This shoot took a lot of effort but turned out looking amazing, I spent over two hours with the makeup artist as she transformed me into a dark eyed beauty. She then used liquid eyeliner to make artistic black tears running down my face and to make the lines twisting from the corner of my mouth.
When I found out that I needed a ‘Free Shot’, I knew that I had to use this picture, not only because I look great and am posing for my favourite designer, but because I got to wear my own favourite black heels which I bought in America!

~~~~
Short Application:
Name: Mya Kavalee
Birthplace: Melbourne, Australia
Culture: Thai
Why Do you Want to be Miss World?
I'd love to be Miss World because I could further my modeling career and make my family, friends and culture proud of me. Modeling started out as a past time but there's nothing I would like more than being able to represent Thailand in such a prestigious competition!! I also want to be Miss World because throughout the competition I would make friends and learn more about myself, as Miss World I could share my knowledge and more with the world!

~~~~
(My first contest!! I'm really excited and happy to be taking part in this comp, it's going to be so much fun! Also, everyone's applications are amazing, its going to be a close contest! )
Scholar
#37 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil'B
Heyy Guys!! I've made a website for the contest!! Just because it so much easier for me to keep up to date - and I'm a bit of a perfectionist x SOOOO here it is THE Sims 2 MISS WORLD OFFICIAL WEBSITE!! http://sims2missworld.weebly.com !!! Yay I hope you like it x

Lil'B, I don't mean to rain on your parade or piss you off before I can get an ap done up, but I believe if I remember correctly, that all contests must be run from this site.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
Lil'B, I don't mean to rain on your parade or piss you off before I can get an ap done up, but I believe if I remember correctly, that all contests must be run from this site.

The contest isn't run on that site, the site will have an archive or rounds and scores when they are posted, Lil'B made one for the last contest and she had a table with the judge's scores for every round on it and it looked like it really helped the contestants keep track of their scores.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:30 AM
Is it okay for me to place my model on a transparent background so if you save the picture it's already layered?
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by London~Taylor
Is it okay for me to place my model on a transparent background so if you save the picture it's already layered?

I'd say that it's probably alright, my freeshot picture has transparency in the corners and sides. I was going to do make it transparent but then I decided not to - anyway, its easy to fix if it's not wanted - you just have to use the fill tool in photoshop and wollaa, white background
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:59 AM
Do what you feel is right. And lil'b can have an archive site if she was lol its her contest!!!

And sorry to inconvenience anyone but you have 4 days to complete this round because we only get 4 weeks for the whole contest

Countdown Timer!!

Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:27 AM
Corrections
Oops, in the 'applicants' section in the first post, you've written Mya's name as Maya and spelt electricblu3 wrong >_<

sorry, I'm padantic :P

Contestant in Miss World - Mya Kavalee
- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Once you start playing "Name That Project", it's time to delete.
~ HugeLunatic on the subject of overflowing project folders.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 10:09 AM Last edited by falloutchild : 12th Sep 2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: change picture :)/writing
Default application
Name: Argariss Maugá
Birthplace: Milan, Italy
Culture: Mediterranean/Hawaiian
A Short Biography: Ciao! My name is Argariss Maugá, I’m 24 years of age and I currently live in the fashion capital (and my home place!) Milan. I live with my fiancé Penn, who is a minor league soccer player who hopes to get into the nationals. My mother is from Hawaii and my father is from here in Italy, so I was blessed with mixed culture. I am working as a coffee barista in town at the moment but my dream is to become a world famous model! Italian is my first language but I speak good English with an accent. I am 5’7 and have the typical Mediterranean skin and hair but I have blue eyes, people say I have good generics! I'm confident and i am not shy about my body, i will take risks and try new things. I love summer colours and long dresses, I hope to do well and make my family proud!
Why do you want to be Miss World? I want to become miss world so I can change the face of modelling and prove to people that if you work hard and believe in yourself, you can succeed at anything! I am so proud to represent Italy and show the world our culture. To me, modelling is more than a profession it is an art, I will be the next Picasso!
- A Headshot
First up, we had to do the headshot. I visted Milan's fashion studio where the picture was taken by the famous photographer, Pablo Cetta. A simple strong facial expression and my hair styled in a simple fashion.

- A profile shot
next, we took the profile which was done the same. i was a bit embarressed as i have a strange nose shape from the side veiw.

- A Body shot
finaly a shot where i can pose and express myself! i decided to wear my favourite summer dress and pose so i can flaunt my long lean figure. Pablo said the blue in the dress complimented my eyes!

- A Free Shot
for a free shot i used a picture that i took when i was living in Hawaii. I'm standing in the Tiki anscestor pool, it was a special place for me as it is connceted to my family. I was wearing my cute pink bikini and my hair was braided. It turned out pretty good and it shows some of my culture.
Theorist
#44 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 11:42 AM Last edited by vhanster : 24th Sep 2010 at 2:40 PM.
Name: Xi Mei Walker

Birthplace: Beijing, China

Culture: mostly Chinese

A Short Biography: Xi Mei is a Chinese American. She is born in the Beijing though, she later lived in Shanghai. When she was 15, her father was transferred permanently to the USA and her whole family moved there. After graduating high school, Xi Mei went to Germany to study Architecture. Once she got her Diploma, she went back to the US and lives there until now.
Although she lives most of her life outside China, Xi Mei's parents raised her based on Chinese customs and traditions. Her main interests are traditional music and games. She plays the Guqin and er-hu (traditional Chinese music instruments).

Why do you want to be Miss World?

I wanted to represent the rich cultures of China, even though I do not live in China. I could also learn about the different cultures and traditions from around the world. To me, becoming Miss World isn't just a huge leap in the modeling Career. It's an opportunity to see the parts of the world I haven't seen. Like opening my eyes to what had been hidden from me
(Wait a sec, why the hell did I write something this sappy? Oh well. Whatever)

Hope the picture quality doesn't affect the scoring that much.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:55 PM
Sorry Deathrella lol x I hope its ok - a bit of confusion going around x I promise to keep all the link coming back to here and I'm not running it there its on here it for me to remember everything x Lol Sorry

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Scholar
#46 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil'B
Sorry Deathrella lol x I hope its ok - a bit of confusion going around x I promise to keep all the link coming back to here and I'm not running it there its on here it for me to remember everything x Lol Sorry

I just didn't want you to get in trouble. Maybe you should check with a moderator to make sure it's okay. I now there's some sort of rule where you can't link to other sites.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Forum Resident
#47 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:06 PM
I know there's some kind of rule about running the contest off-site. Since the contest is being run here, I don't think it'd be a problem with the moderators, but even if it's your contest, it has to follow the rules or it'll be closed. So I'd check with the mods about it.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 10:47 PM
Hmm. I suppose as a judge I'll just HAVE to actually look at the applications. *sigh*

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:13 AM
Kay thats not very enthusiastic lol.

Sorry electric I am terrible at spelling lol and at the moment there is no problem with the weebly Lee said she loves what you did with it Lil'B

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:58 AM
the website is really good! I am so excited about the competition! I hope there is more aplicants though, the more competition the more fun!
<3

.::I'm just a Korean girl who loves simming and being in her own world::.

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?

Page 2 of 22