Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 11:14 PM Last edited by kaylarox : 21st Oct 2010 at 11:36 PM.
Default The Sims 2 || Miss World Contest (Final scores up!!)

Rules
Sims must be an adult female aged 21-35 – humans only!
This is a Sims 2 contest any Sims 3 Apps will be deleted.
Photoshopping is allowed but will not affect you overall score.
Simpose is allowed.
Follow the Forum rules
This is a multiracial contest so, No racist comments!!!!
Only one entry per person.
Sims must be of your own creation:
*No sim stealing or tweaking
*No simmerizing

THIS CONTEST WILL HAVE NO ELIMINATIONS POINTS WILL BE AWARDED AND THE SIM WITH THE MOST POINTS AT THE END WILL WIN!!

Concept
The idea of this contest is to make a sim showing one of the many cultures of our world. To celebrate individuality, diversity and the fact that anyone and everyone can achieve their dreams! You will be asked to participate in many different scenarios in which you must express your sims culture.

Judging
Entries will be judged based on:
Creativity: /10
Uniqueness: /10
Beauty: /10
Adherence to Rules: /10
Writing: /10

Total: /50

Application:
Please Include:
Name:
Culture:
A Short Biography: 6 sentences minimum, no maximum
Why do you want to be Miss World?
- A Headshot
- A profile shot
- A Body shot
- A Free Shot

Please use a plain white background for headshot, profile shot and body shot.

Judges:
1. Lil’B
2. lipglosschaos
3. LifesLover
4. KaylaRox

Emergency Judges:
1. Lavaster
2. Madsaffs

Applicants:

1: Alexandra Olsen by Malfoya R1|R2|R3|R4
2: Argariss Maugá by falloutchild R1|R2|R3|R4
3: Xi Mei Walker by vhanster R1|R2|R3|R4
4: Athena Liu Mei Hua by SIMS GOD R1|R2|R3|R4

Application Scores
Round 2 Scores
Round 3 Scores
Round 4 and final scores

Rounds:

COMPLETED

COMPLETED
(1 week)
COMPLETED
(1 week)
COMPLETED

(I have used picture of other people's sims to make the banners. Credit to the sims 2 pictures)
(all credit for this contest goes to the amazing Lil'B )

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 11:15 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 9.6.10
Ends 10.6.10
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 2:35 AM
Yay finally this contest has been approved. It is a priviledge to run this contest, and I love you all have the love and dedication as I do.

Also thanks to lil'B who come up with this AWESOME idea!!!

Still need some judges, and also get those applications in!! Applications finish on the 22nd.

Thanks ...

Theorist
#4 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 3:32 AM
Sim must be human? Does that mean she can't use skintones and/or accessories that makes her seem non-human like wings or horns or things like that?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 7:48 AM
At the moment ... no lol. In the last round you can pull out whatever you would like though!!

Theorist
#6 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 3:52 PM
And another thing, may I NOT use white background for the shots? I don't have picture-editing software, so I can't change the picture's background- which is a trouble since the default background ISN'T white.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 5:17 PM
Wow! I can't wait to see those Apps x Looking forward to judging!!

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Inventor
#8 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
And another thing, may I NOT use white background for the shots? I don't have picture-editing software, so I can't change the picture's background- which is a trouble since the default background ISN'T white.

You could always try taking a picture of the sim in a room with white walls - No need for photo editing software there! ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 10:31 PM
Yea you can get white if you strategicly place lighting ect around the place. Also GIMP is free :D

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster

You can did what I did- I created a photo studio for my Sims. There was an upper deck where the natural light could just flood in, or you can do an enclosed room and just put an insane amount of lights everywhere so it's super bright and all white.

My photo studio is available if you have Sims 3, in case you were interested in doing anything. It includes the "Blank Room" an upper deck set, and a living room-type set. You can obviously change it around.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=2770231

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 10:46 PM
I'm super excited to be judging this contest!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:29 PM
lol Lipgloss, it's a sims2 contest remember lol I suggest deleteing that thread other wise you could confuse someone!!

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:40 PM
could we base it off of a real woman? like a model from that country or something??

flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madelinep/

[{call me maddie}]
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
lol Lipgloss, it's a sims2 contest remember lol I suggest deleteing that thread other wise you could confuse someone!!

Haha shhhhh. I was just putting that up there in case someone wanted to do something like that. Just an idea.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 12:55 AM
I'd like to become an emergency judge, if you need one

ENTJ
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 1:13 AM
Yes madforsims you can, as long as she is not a copy off a sim. Use your imagination and create something amazing!!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 1:30 AM

Please Include:
Name:
Culture:
A Short Biography: 6 sentences minimum, no maximum
Why do you want to be Miss World?
- A Headshot
- A profile shot
- A Body shot
- A Free Shot

Please use a plain white background for headshot, profile shot and body shot. (if you can't get white - get as close as possible)

Forum Resident
#18 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 2:46 AM
Wow, you did a gorgeous job with that header, kaylarox. It's very nice.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 2:54 AM
Thanks, it was my first one lol. Milestone for me, my first banner, first contest and first sim.... *claps for herself*

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 3:13 PM
Heyy Guys!! I've made a website for the contest!! Just because it so much easier for me to keep up to date - and I'm a bit of a perfectionist x SOOOO here it is THE Sims 2 MISS WORLD OFFICIAL WEBSITE!! http://sims2missworld.weebly.com !!! Yay I hope you like it x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:45 PM Last edited by London~Taylor : 10th Sep 2010 at 7:42 AM.
Name: Brianna Woody
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
Culture: American/Puerto Rican
A Short Biography: Hello Miss World judges, my name is Brianna Woody a 22 year old Puerto Rican, American cultured woman. I am 5'9 and 135 pounds. I am also a graduate of SimCity State University with a degree in Phycology, graduating first in class. I have a 4 year old son who is named Clayton and I have an orange tabby cat named Kitty. I am currently engaged to the best man in my life named Declan and we plan to get married in Spring!
Why do you want to be Miss World? I want to be Miss World because I feel that in today's society we don't have many leading ladies to be that role model to the younger crowd without having the title of being a sex symbol. Therefore, I want to come out and show everyone that there is a lot more to a woman other than looks!

- A Headshot

headshot

- A profile shot

- A Body shot

Casual by
- A Free Shot

FYI: I am taking new pictures, therefore I will change them out, just needed to get my application in.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:01 PM
Just be sure to use a white background for the headshot, body shot, and profile shot. Thank you for submitting your application!

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:28 PM
Nice Application London~Taylor x Make sure to get your new pics in soon as I'm going to start scoring ASAP x Good job anyway!! Hope we get some more apps ALSO London~Taylor I need to add your App to the website x Would to post on this thread when your finished so we all know Taaaa x <3

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:35 PM
A Tip for white backgrounds: Find the whitest wallpaper/paint and paste it outside on a wall which the sun faces THEN it will be a proper white colour without needing fancy lighting!!! DONT USE THE 'WAY OFF WHITE' PAINT - It goes a yellow colour outside I reccomend going to one of last pages and its the one with a red/grey/black pattern on it choose the one without a pattern obviously!

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Inventor
#25 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:43 PM
I'm in! I'll probably have my pictures done by the end of the week (or before). It depends on school, but I've always wanted to join a contest ^^
Just wanted to be sure I get a spot

Page 1 of 22