Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:49 PM
I think the housing market is bad everywhere at the moment. But recession always has to end some time, right?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:50 PM
haha no just four im doing architectural technology which is different to architecture, i learn all the science behind the building and realise what i can and cant build, whereas an architect has no... background into science and so has to have an engineer check all his work is actually build-able! I'm learning 2 peoples jobs in half the time haha

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Scholar
#28 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:52 PM
hah, rose, the arch is in st. louis, like far away (more south). (: hah. we have the mall of america, the 2nd largest mall in the world, and thats about it...haha. its pretty boring here, by that standpoint.

Oh and thank you, i don't have that much talent, gosh. (:

Oh good question dd, is it? im curious.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:56 PM
haha i already answered u both!!!
and hahahaha rose!! its from my freshers week at uni, our halls had the colour pink. it was awful. lol

Scholar
#30 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 11:58 PM
Hope so rose! (:

ha, the pic is funny! made me laugh!

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 1:36 AM
I May be Late but

I'm Tasia Im 23 from NJ. I'm a hardcore PS3 gamer and a sims fan since forever lol. I'm also trying to learn how to do graphics in photoshop but suck lol. But i have my own gaming site for my clan and for the open gaming community in general if you want to visit just pm me and i'll send you the link

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Scholar
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 1:37 AM
Thats awesome! what is the gaming site for? sims or just everything?

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 1:41 AM
Everything but mostly PS3 but people talk in all other parts of the forum as well and i think i'm the only Simmie out of all 94 of them lol

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Scholar
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 2:01 AM
haha. Well you should introduce them to the game!

Call me Tyu. (:
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 10:56 AM
What a curious combination here, people from all over the world, creating “one world”.
Thanks to some creators we keep the average age low here ;-)

Rose, to come back to your previous question. I left Holland in 2005.. Before 2005 I was living in the UK; Beds, close to London and I’ve visited beautiful Oxford and Howard Castle in York. That was in 2004. Madrid is OK, liked it more when I was a student, the whole approach was different back then. What I like from Madrid is that it’s different from the typical coast, however the weather is a bit hard here. Between late October and the beginning of March, it’s freezing at night . However the days are nice and I love the cold as long as it’s dry! Summers are horrible, above 104 F, like today. Our air conditioning is running over hours.

And Tyu, do you know which is the biggest mall in the world? I’ve visited the Edmonton Mall in Alberta (in 1991), Canada, that one was pretty big. Loved it.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 12:23 PM
Nivaso, i agree, it's amazing that we have people from all over the world and different ages working on one project.
Judging from what I read, you're quite a globe trotter.
How wonderful that you studied in Spain! I can understand that it's different when your a student, opposed to actually living there. But i didn't know that about the weather. In my imagination it's always sunny in Spain, lol! But do you like it better there than in Holland?

England has got some lovely sights too. I've been to London a couple of times and I have family living in a small village in Stoke-on-Trent. For my cousins it's an absolute mind numb, but when I visit, i love the country side so much. For a Dutch girl any sight of a small hill can be overwhelming, lol!

For 2 years I lived in America, and Tasia, it's so nice to hear you're from NJ! Are you in the north or in the south? When I was there I first lived right by the border in NY. It was so amazing to see the difference between the industrial places, like Newark, and all the picturesque villages. You can't believe you're in the same country! After a while I moved to Baltimore, which was very beautiful too.

Anyway, I think I've done enough rambling, lol!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 1:26 PM
So you lived close to the border of NY? How nice. Love the States, spend lots of summer holidays there, loved the autumn landscapes like in Dutch Pennsylvania. In general I love the houses in the US and as you said, lots of picturesque villages over there. Rose, you studied/worked in the US?

I’m not really a global trotter anymore, used to be though. But now I spend most of my trips visiting family and just getting a day older ;-) like to relax and do not so “impressive” things. I finished college when I was 22. After that I started working, but always wanted to go to Madrid.
Scholar
#38 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 4:33 PM
Yes, the biggest mall is the one in canada, but it is only bigger by having a water park, the mall of america actually has more stores, you can get married in the mall of america, there is a complete church inside of it! Along with a college! Its insane!

When i was about 10 my family took a trip all over Europe, we visited, hamburg Germany, Paris and London, and it was just a great trip! I wish i could go again, i would appreciate the architecture and the museums A LOT more now that i get it, lol.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 4:43 PM
london's not that great lol! buildings are cool yeah, but generally the quality of people has gone down A LOT. haha

Forum Resident
#40 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 5:11 PM
Please don't say that, I'm dying to go to London someday

So fun indeed to have so many people from all these different countries and different backgrounds. Seems like a lot of you have been moving a lot. Lucky y'all I did too but i wish i could travel even more.

Scholar
#41 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 5:24 PM
it just blows me away, that we all see completely different things everyday, all over the world, and yet we can all create a world that goes together. (: unbelievable in my opinion! hah.

I really enjoyed london, there were so many cool things to see, when we were there planet hollywood had just had a fire, so we had to eat somewhere with no american food, it was quite the experience. haha!

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 5:26 PM
oh god, no american food?! how did you cope?! :P

Scholar
#43 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 5:38 PM
haha, i was ten, and im picky! haha

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#44 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 6:50 PM
Hahaha! My god that's funny!
Food is so different everywhere. My cosins in England consider beans on toast a meal. I'd never be able to do that! But to us eating raw herring is considered very normal.
American food is a whole other story. I found it soooo addictive. The supermarkets are almost 10 times as big as ours and they're filled with snacks. Aside from peanut butter & jelly there was nothing I didn't like.

Lana, you're from France, right? So are probably the most culinary refined person amoung us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 6:53 PM
beans on toast IS A MEAL!!!! hahahaha

Scholar
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 7:02 PM
Not even close craig! haha. (: my favorite is pizza and tacos, We eat food from everywhere? do you? and yes rose, our grocery stores are pretty insane! Something i remember from Germany was that when you were done with your bottles, glasses etc you bring to a place to recycle and refill! it was so different! haha

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
#47 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 8:49 PM
Beans on toast would be a meal if i liked beans Also london is amazing!! I love london, then again i live in the middle of the countryside so i find most cities amazing The best city i've ever been to is San Fransisco though, that is epic!! :lovestruc

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 9:28 PM
Nivaso, I did work in the U.S., but the main reason I moved there was for love. I married an American. The marriage did not last, but I really had a good time there.

Oh, I know about the getting older part. But sometimes I'm still restless. My dream would be to get a camper and just drive thoughout the U.S.

How did you end up in Madrid after you finished college? Did you get a job there, or did you just decide to pack and leave?
Scholar
#49 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 10:06 PM
yea, san Fransisco is amazing DD! (:

Hah. there is def. a lot to see here in america, you should take a camper sometime!

Call me Tyu. (:
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 8:31 AM
Well that explains a lot that you went to the US. The most important thing is that you had a good time there. - I went for the same reason to Madrid as you went to the US ;-), but the reason I ended up in Madrid and not another Spanish city was because it was one of the cities I liked most in Spain. It’s very different from the rest of Spain. I didn’t have a job though, so yes, it was like pack and leave. About the camper, I think many Dutch share that dream with you. I love driving in North America, it’s so relaxing.
But than once again, it’s “relaxing” haha. My best holiday memories are those where I was close to a place where there were mountains, lakes, rivers and forest.

Page 2 of 11