Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Excavation Site Hotfix

by Buzzler Posted 14th Jul 2010 at 11:42 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:00 AM by Buzzler

185 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 149 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 12:16 AM
Thanks Buzzler for doing what EA can't do.
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 12:17 AM Last edited by tylersada : 15th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Thank you so much. I was upset the patch did not address this issue. Downloading now.***

I put this in my mods folder. I am still having the tantrums at the dig site, Am I doing something wrong?

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Alchemist
#4 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 12:59 AM
You are awesome! Thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:37 AM
It doesn't work for me
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:04 AM
Since installing the latest patch, I get this weird "we have detected unofficial modifications ..." error. I had previously removed some hacks, thinking that they were the problem and then successfully started up the game. I got that same error when I installed this hotfix. And since you said it is supposed to work with this latest patch, I put it back in my game and put the others back in, too and started the game again. Same error. I selected "Quit" ... then IMMEDIATELY started the game up again and it loaded fine.

Good news - your hotfix worked GREAT!! Thank you so much!! My sims can excavate again! *CHEERS*

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:13 AM
Thank You ever so much you are my hero! Still need to try it but I'll take you're word on it. It's been bugging me for ages not being able to excavate.

Dam EA are worse than Microsoft, at least Microsoft patch more when they release stuff that haven't been tested properly.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:13 AM
@tylersada & Damon05: Please make sure that script mods work for you. Right now, there's no way to visually distinguish the original excavate interaction from the interaction from this mod. Right after sending this post I will upload a version of this mod that shows "Excavate - 2BTech Version" if the testing cheats are enabled. That will tell you if it's actually active.

@Anjelstar76: Since version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 script resources have a version header, or better they can have one. I give all my mods this version header and enter the right code version, so they shouldn't provoke the nag screen. That nag screen only checks this version header, though. It can't really tell you, if a script mod is actually compatible with your game. So if you're sure that all your mods are supposed to run with your game version, you can safely hit continue.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:00 AM Last edited by CaptainRC : 15th Jul 2010 at 7:19 AM. Reason: Found the problem
I can't seem to get it to work, either. How can I tell if script mods work for me? BTW, I have a mod that turns on the testing cheats as soon as the game starts, could that be causing the problem?

EDIT: Yep. It was the testing cheats auto enabler mod. Works fine now. Thanks! I've been waiting for this.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." -- James T. Kirk
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:19 AM
Thank you - it works like a charm.
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaptainRC
EDIT: Yep. It was the testing cheats auto enabler mod. Works fine now. Thanks! I've been waiting for this.
Could it be that you initially loaded your savegame in your homeworld, then let your sims travel to a vacation world, then saved your game in the vacation world when you noticed it didn't work, and finally loaded that savegame in the vacation world when you tried it the next time? Because it would be a first if this mod and the mod you're talking about - whatever it is - would really conflict.

BTW: I only learned the specifics of this glitch yesterday afternoon and uploaded the fix to the submission queue like 3 hours later. I don't think I could have done it any faster.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:44 AM Last edited by CaptainRC : 15th Jul 2010 at 10:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Could it be that you initially loaded your savegame in your homeworld, then let your sims travel to a vacation world, then saved your game in the vacation world when you noticed it didn't work, and finally loaded that savegame in the vacation world when you tried it the next time? Because it would be a first if this mod and the mod you're talking about - whatever it is - would really conflict.

Actually, that is what happened. I guess it wasn't the other mod after all. Thanks, again. BTW, that was fast. If only EA responded so quickly.

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." -- James T. Kirk
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:54 AM Last edited by BlueSoup : 15th Jul 2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: adding more info.
This doesn't work for me. Is it possible that Awesomemod, which I have configured to turn on testingcheats at startup, is conflicting?

EDIT: Indeed, that was it. I turned off that option only, restarted and it works fine, even after I manually turned on testingcheats when the game loaded. This was a brand new game, and the first vacation she'd ever taken.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#14 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:46 AM
@BlueSoup: Please read #11 and the update note in the upload post and make sure that you have the latest version. I doubt that this mod is conflicting with AM. There was a glitch which prevented to properly initialize this mod on transition to a vacation world. I don't really know why that happened; and as smart as I am (irony), I destroyed all traces of that glitch in the process of repairing it so I cannot track it down anymore.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:14 PM
Yes, the fix came up after I replied, and I have it now. Next time I load I'll recheck it

#16 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:07 PM Last edited by tylersada : 15th Jul 2010 at 3:30 PM.
I uploaded your new version. I am happy to report that the problem I was having has disappeared. I also deleted cache's which could have caused the original problem also.
Thank you.

I went to a second dig site and am having the same problems. The first dig site showed 2BTech Version. The second dig site does not, go figure.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:41 PM
This is what I need! Thank you!
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tylersada
I went to a second dig site and am having the same problems. The first dig site showed 2BTech Version. The second dig site does not, go figure.
Should be fixed now. The excavation sites seem to get destroyed and respawned regularly and this mod didn't notice it. If the last update doesn't help, I don't know what will. And like stated in the last update: There are excavation sites which won't even work with the replacement interaction. Well, one site at last count.

Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:49 PM
Thanks so much! It really bugged me that they didn't fix this issue with the last patch. Guess you can't really count on EA.
Instructor
#20 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:17 PM Last edited by tylersada : 16th Jul 2010 at 4:10 AM.
Ok, I re-downloaded and tested 6 different dig sites which all worked. I saved and quit the game as I am taking my son fishing now. I will test more extensively when I get back.

I have now tested this mod for several hours. It works beautifuly. Thank you so much. The dig sites are back to normal now (no thanks to EA). Thank you for the mod to fix this problem.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:19 PM
THANK YOU! I wasn't even going on vacation because of this bug. I'm so excited! I cannot believe, well actually I can, that EA didn't fix this in the last patch. I'm looking forward to taking vacations again.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@Anjelstar76: Since version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 script resources have a version header, or better they can have one. I give all my mods this version header and enter the right code version, so they shouldn't provoke the nag screen. That nag screen only checks this version header, though. It can't really tell you, if a script mod is actually compatible with your game. So if you're sure that all your mods are supposed to run with your game version, you can safely hit continue.
Oh! Thanks for letting me know. Much obliged. Yup, I'm 100% sure all of my mods are compatible. I don't have many. :D

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:55 PM
I need a little help with the excavating hotfix. I've downloaded the hotfix but I have no clue where to extract the files to. I have World Adventures and Ambitions. I'm running with window vista.

Any information would be very helpful. I've read the text with the instructions and it frustrates me that I don't understand what it's telling me. I've never download any mods or anything outside of what the autodownloader does.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:31 PM Last edited by BlueSoup : 17th Jul 2010 at 8:49 PM.
I had originally written that the Gold Figurines don't show in my inventory after digging them from the various excavation sites around Egypt, but then I went to the relic shop and they show in the list. I just had her analyze everything in her inventory, and sure enough, these are not analyzed. Very weird. I hope they show up when she gets home. :\

And Solisim, read this: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

#25 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:36 PM
I have noticed that sometimes i have to reload the game to get it to work. It will work one day, and not the next, as if it refuses to stay loaded after saves, edit town, etc..
Page 1 of 8